Is there limit to number of files in a datebase in searching forms

Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?

Is this an Access question?  So far as I know Access does not have FILES.
It has TABLES which has FIELDS that contain data.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"ky carver" wrote:

> Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:27:10 -0700, ky carver <ky
carver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Once I hit 1001 files in a database, search does not work. Why?

What's the structure of your database? What is a "file" (that's not a usual
Access term)? How are you doing the search? In what way does it "not work"?

More info please!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Credit Card Number on Receipt
Hi, I have replaced the default credit card tendering window with my own hook in. After the transaction is cleared it prints a receipt but it will not print the masked credit card number on the receipt that I have swiped on my application. HI, Make sure you are updating the correct fields data in your application, second check the TenderEntry table and verified that credit card number is saved there. you need to use the SQL Query tool from administrator program for this. If the above information is verified now check the receipt.xml file and find the credit card printing call procedur...

Excel 2007 unrecognized file format in Excel 2003
2007 & 2003 Note to the file - so to speak: Even if one changes Excel 2007's default file SaveAs format, when 2007 closes, it saves files like Personal.xls as a 2007 file format without the new extension .xlsx My point, I still must save files in 2003 for other's who do not have 2007. If I copy Personal.xls in the Excel StartUp Directory to a 2003 platform, Excel 2003 does not recognize the file format. (The file size is about 50% of the original 2003 file size - which is a strong hint that the file is in the new XML format) Therefore, I created a macro to save Personal.xls i...

Outlook 2002 Execute Files
Windows XP MCE and Outlook 2002. I had to restore my computer to original condition. There was a Microsoft Office 2003 trial version and I tried that but when I started my computer again I could not access the Outlook program so I uninstalled the trial version and installed my Microsoft Office Pro 2002. Now, I cannot access the Outlook 2002 and get the following messages: Unable to open you default email folders. Could not open the item. Try again. When I click to try again I get the next message: Would you like to open your default File System instead? I click yes and get the next message: Ru...

why can't i view the file (excel) that is open?
hello, i'm trying to view an excel file and only the toolbar is showing when i open it. I would appreciate some helpful help. thanks. Andy Hi There The worksheet my be hidden. Go to Windows & unhide the work sheet. See how you go. "Navarino" wrote: > hello, > i'm trying to view an excel file and only the toolbar is showing when i open > it. > I would appreciate some helpful help. thanks. Andy ...

Log files Build up???
after having backup probs with backup exec i have successfully backed up the information store using ntbackup. My problem is that only some of the log files in exchange have been deleted. the other log files (voer 300) have remained there or the past few days. is it safe to simply delete these log files now? Run another backup. Check the backup log to be sure it goes all the way through. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47BEB770-98BF-4FBF-9380-DBCC9133...

Import multiple XLS files
Is there any way to import multiple Excel spread sheets into one. I have 92 separate files, each containing one sheet of data, that I would like to import into one workbook with 92 sheets. I know i can open each file and move the sheet from one workbook to another but I am hoping there is an easier way. Thanks RED I have a macro example on this page Red http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "RED" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9401c3d469$2caee5a0$a401280a@phx.gbl......

Forms and Reports Don't Retain Size on Opening
I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my client's system (and on another computer of mine), forms and reports open in postage stamp size (or close to it). What could be the cause of this and how do I correct it? -- susan Check the pop-up property and make sure it is set to no. Or, if they are, you can expand them or set a new size, save them, and then they should open correctly. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Susan L" wrote: > I recently did some work on a database and reissued a new front end. On my ...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Opening a file with code without a set file name #2
Sorry for lack of details. Im using simple Excel code in a Module here's what im using. ----- Sub ExtractLatData() ' ' Sheets("stby").Select Application.ScreenUpdating = False ChDir "C:\Pt23 Spread" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Pt23 Spread\sensor.xls" Sheets("RSR Summary").Select Rows("1:14").Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp Columns("A:A").Select Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft Columns("A:L").Select Selection.Copy Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWindow.Close Sheets("RSR Report Data (Errors)&...

Can't Save Form Data
A couple of years ago I made an entry form to collect entry data. The data was saved to the default folder (../_private). The website was turned over to another person. They've contacted me because when trying to save the data the user is not presented with a username/password form that says: A username and password are being requested by [the URL to the domain name]. The site says: ":" It appears that it's wanting authentication to access ../_private. Does anyone know how to fix this? jim That should read "They've contacted me because when tryin...

Can Excel open a new application for every file opened?
We have someone who wants a new application of Excel to open every time they open a file. Where is the setting for this? I'm going to hope that they actually just want to see an Excel icon on the task bar for each workbook that is open. (Creating a new instance of the Excel application for each file opened is generally a bad idea for many reasons) So, try this: Tools>Options>View Select: Windows in Taskbar Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "shoon" wrote: > We have someone who wants a new application of Excel to open every time they > open a file. ...

Total Number of Hours
I have a tracking sheet and I entered the total number of hours spent on a project and then when I want the sume the total is 6.65 instead of 7.05 for 7 hours and 5 minutes. How do I fix this? The way I entered the time is 0.35 for 35 minutes. Do I need to enter the times a different way? If you are in a place that use : as a time delimiter then you need to enter it like hh:mm 35 minutes should be entered as 0:35 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "celeste" <celeste@discussions.micros...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Using data forms
I would like to create a worksheet where the data is entered in a data forms dialog box. Is there a way to set the worksheet up so that when I bring it up the data form dialog box would automatically show? Also is there a way that I would be be able to to switch between the data form and the worksheet? Thanks You can switch between data form and worksheet by using the menu option Data>Form... options You could record a macro doing that and assign it to a toolbar button or one on the sheet. If you want it presented on opening the workbook, you could use the workbook_open() event t...

error message when saving file
I received error message when I try to save file in Publisher. The message is: Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available , deleted some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstall it. Then try the task again. Our IT checked my computer and he said there is plenty of memories left. Please help! -- janet What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:/...

Allow editing ACH date for Prenote only files
The ACH date can be edited when prenotes are generated with active deposits, but when generating a pre-note only file, the system date is used and cannot be changed. It would be great if the date would either come from the user blue date, or an editable field on the ACH file creation window. Otherwise, the resulting ACH text file must be edited by the user. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

adding numbers #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. So 1h or 5h, etc... Is there a way I can select a bunch of cells. and add these numbers. Even though there is "h" in the cell? thanks SUM works just as well on time, just format the result cell as [h]:mm if it might exceed 24 hours. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:OvM5oBU1IHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. > So 1h or 5h, etc... > I...

search
Search does not work properly in ON 2010. It does not pick up all matching cases of what is being searched on a page. After one selects the whole page, then ON picks it up. And still ON search does not select parts of words. For example it does not pick up "ord" while you have "words" as a word. I don't know what ius going on with search in ON 2010. It should be really improved. Yet, there is no replace feature, which is really a big drawback. ...

Opening Publisher file
When I send a Publisher file as an attachment, I always try to open it before sending to make sure it's ok. I get the message "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." Just now someone tried to send me a Publisher file as an attachment and I got the same message. I'm using Publisher 2003, Outlook 2003 for e-mail -- Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: www.LinusIdaho.org http://community.webshots.com/user/donnakwilts Remove "invalid" to reply Do you get error number 1605? See if reading this artic...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Anyone know how to use CHttpFile to upload a file to a server?
Got some sample code here, just not sure what else I need to do. Trying to post a asp page and get a binary file transmitted to the server. CString strHttpSite = "www.myserver.com"; CInternetSession *pInetSession = new CInternetSession(strHttpSite, 1, INTERNET_INVALID_PORT_NUMBER); DWORD dwServiceType; CString strServerName; CString strObject; INTERNET_PORT nPort; AfxParseURL(strHttpSite, dwServiceType, strServerName, strObject, nPort) CHttpConnection *pHttpConnection = pInetSession->GetHttpConnection(strServerName); CHttpFile *pHttpFile = pHttpConnection->OpenRequest(CH...

sequential numbers
I simply want to sequentially number rows in a column. However, some of the rows do not contain any data so do not need to be numbered. So there is in fact a blank. It´s also possible that i´d want to add another row, and auto update the number sequence. You cannot drag the auto numbering facility across cells that you want to remain empty of course, because they will be numbered. With your data in column A,: Formula in B1 :1 In B2: =IF(A2="",B1,B1+1) Fill down. Format B2: Format>Conditional Formatting Cell Value is, Equal to, B1 (remove the $signs if you clic...