IS there a simple wat to create a query form

I would love my users (11 to 17 year olds) to be presented with a form
containing a field where they can request a Merit Badge and have the form
look up all valid counselors for that merit badge.  The archetecture is in
place to do this with a merit badge list for them to choose from and a list
of counselors with links to their information (name, phone, etc.)

I just can't seem to get it to work!

Any ideas??
--
Dick Patton
Boy Scout Troop 403

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:45:01 -0700, Dick Patton
<DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would love my users (11 to 17 year olds) to be presented with a form
>containing a field where they can request a Merit Badge and have the form
>look up all valid counselors for that merit badge.  The archetecture is in
>place to do this with a merit badge list for them to choose from and a list
>of counselors with links to their information (name, phone, etc.)
>
>I just can't seem to get it to work!
>
>Any ideas??

You'll need *three* tables for this, not two: a table of Badges; a table of
Counselors; and a third table related one-to-many to each of these, with
fields for BadgeID and CounselorID, and one record for each badge within a
counselor's expertise.

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

If you willl recall the other topic about deleteing records from a sub form,
the same archetecture exists in the merit badge thread.  The Table
Merit_Badge contains the list of valid merit badges with an auto_number Key.
Another table contains the info on the counselor (name, address, phone, etc.)
with his Person_ID (the key).  The third table (just as with schools and
units ) contains the key pair of MB_code and Person_ID.  (as a side this
relationship has the same problem as Schools - Units, you can't delete the
record uning the sub form) This creates the linkage between the counselor and
his merit badges, once again the key fosters the creation of a many to many
relationship where there can be many counselors for a Merit_badge and mant
Merit_badges for a Counselor but each relationship must be unique, so
duplicate records are not permitted.

I hope this will satisfy the third table requirement, now this issue is how
do i get the selected merit badge and list only counselors who do that marit
badge or conversely lsit all merit badges that a given counselor is qualified
for.

HELP -  I think i am loosin my mind, this seems so simple!!

Thanks loads AGAIN!
--
Dick Patton
Boy Scout Troop 403

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:45:01 -0700, Dick Patton
> <DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I would love my users (11 to 17 year olds) to be presented with a form
> >containing a field where they can request a Merit Badge and have the form
> >look up all valid counselors for that merit badge.  The archetecture is in
> >place to do this with a merit badge list for them to choose from and a list
> >of counselors with links to their information (name, phone, etc.)
> >
> >I just can't seem to get it to work!
> >
> >Any ideas??
>
> You'll need *three* tables for this, not two: a table of Badges; a table of
> Counselors; and a third table related one-to-many to each of these, with
> fields for BadgeID and CounselorID, and one record for each badge within a
> counselor's expertise.
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:35:01 -0700, Dick Patton
<DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi John, me again!!
>
>If you willl recall the other topic about deleteing records from a sub form,
>the same archetecture exists in the merit badge thread.  The Table
>Merit_Badge contains the list of valid merit badges with an auto_number Key.
>Another table contains the info on the counselor (name, address, phone, etc.)
>with his Person_ID (the key).  The third table (just as with schools and
>units ) contains the key pair of MB_code and Person_ID.  (as a side this
>relationship has the same problem as Schools - Units, you can't delete the
>record uning the sub form) This creates the linkage between the counselor and
>his merit badges, once again the key fosters the creation of a many to many
>relationship where there can be many counselors for a Merit_badge and mant
>Merit_badges for a Counselor but each relationship must be unique, so
>duplicate records are not permitted.
>
>I hope this will satisfy the third table requirement, now this issue is how
>do i get the selected merit badge and list only counselors who do that marit
>badge or conversely lsit all merit badges that a given counselor is qualified
>for.

Create a Query joining the three tables. Use a criterion on the merit badge
specifying which badge you're interested in, and include the CounselorID or
CounselorName in the query. This will show only those counselors who have
records in the resolver table for that badge.

This has nothing to do with the inability to delete the record, which makes no
sense to me if the structure is as you describe it, unless the Subform's
AllowDeletes property is turned off. What error do you get when you try to
delete a record?

I'd be willing to take a look at the database if it's not confidential; if you
would like me to do so please use Compact and Repair to compact it, put it in
a zipped folder and email it to me at jvinson <at> wysard of info <dot> com.
There's something about it that isn't getting communicated on this forum!

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

I suspect that you are right, I probably have something in the Schema messed
up, I have done several DB's but that is not my Companies primary business.
All of them have been BSA related and at least up to now have served the
scouts well.

I would be pleased to have you look at the data base, however, I am working
with "live" data.  So I will save the DB under another name and delete the
data except for sample records. There is nothing confidential except the data.

The ultamate goal is to put it on a secure web site to allow Scouts and
Leaders to gain access to relevant info on our Boy Scout District, here in FL.

Am I correct that your email is "jvinson@wysard of info.com", I did not
think you could have spaces in an email address?

I will work to send the system to you today 4/8/10!

Thanks again,

Dick
--
Dick Patton
Boy Scout Troop 403

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:35:01 -0700, Dick Patton
> <DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi John, me again!!
> >
> >If you willl recall the other topic about deleteing records from a sub form,
> >the same archetecture exists in the merit badge thread.  The Table
> >Merit_Badge contains the list of valid merit badges with an auto_number Key.
> >Another table contains the info on the counselor (name, address, phone, etc.)
> >with his Person_ID (the key).  The third table (just as with schools and
> >units ) contains the key pair of MB_code and Person_ID.  (as a side this
> >relationship has the same problem as Schools - Units, you can't delete the
> >record uning the sub form) This creates the linkage between the counselor and
> >his merit badges, once again the key fosters the creation of a many to many
> >relationship where there can be many counselors for a Merit_badge and mant
> >Merit_badges for a Counselor but each relationship must be unique, so
> >duplicate records are not permitted.
> >
> >I hope this will satisfy the third table requirement, now this issue is how
> >do i get the selected merit badge and list only counselors who do that marit
> >badge or conversely lsit all merit badges that a given counselor is qualified
> >for.
>
> Create a Query joining the three tables. Use a criterion on the merit badge
> specifying which badge you're interested in, and include the CounselorID or
> CounselorName in the query. This will show only those counselors who have
> records in the resolver table for that badge.
>
> This has nothing to do with the inability to delete the record, which makes no
> sense to me if the structure is as you describe it, unless the Subform's
> AllowDeletes property is turned off. What error do you get when you try to
> delete a record?
>
> I'd be willing to take a look at the database if it's not confidential; if you
> would like me to do so please use Compact and Repair to compact it, put it in
> a zipped folder and email it to me at jvinson <at> wysard of info <dot> com.
> There's something about it that isn't getting communicated on this forum!
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:31:01 -0700, Dick Patton
<DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The ultamate goal is to put it on a secure web site to allow Scouts and
>Leaders to gain access to relevant info on our Boy Scout District, here in FL.

WOOPS!

Access is NOT suitable for use on a website. I love the program, but it has
its limits, and this is one of them. You can use an Access database for the
tables, but you'll need an ASP or other web application to connect to it over
the web.

>Am I correct that your email is "jvinson@wysard of info.com", I did not
>think you could have spaces in an email address?

You can't - edit them out (and please don't post my or your own email address
in clear on the newsgroups, to prevent spammers from harvesting them).
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

You are correct that will work just fine, however, how do I do that from
within a query form and list the selected counselors in tabular format.

When you get the data base try running the top leader query.  What would
great is if there werer a field to enter a name (like the search option) only
show all those records which meet the criteria.

Oh how I miss Fortran and IBM SQL, it was so easy to do this stuff with with
SQL calls to Fortran and IBM IDMS!!!

Thanks again,

Dick

--
Dick Patton
Boy Scout Troop 403

"Dick Patton" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Create a Query joining the three tables. Use a criterion on the merit badge
> > specifying which badge you're interested in, and include the CounselorID or
> > CounselorName in the query. This will show only those counselors who have
> > records in the resolver table for that badge.
> >
> > This has nothing to do with the inability to delete the record, which makes no
> > sense to me if the structure is as you describe it, unless the Subform's
> > AllowDeletes property is turned off. What error do you get when you try to
> > delete a record?
> >
> > I'd be willing to take a look at the database if it's not confidential; if you
> > would like me to do so please use Compact and Repair to compact it, put it in
> > a zipped folder and email it to me at jvinson <at> wysard of info <dot> com.
> > There's something about it that isn't getting communicated on this forum!

Okay, is there are mechanism to convert the code?

Dick
--
Dick Patton
Boy Scout Troop 403

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:31:01 -0700, Dick Patton
> <DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The ultamate goal is to put it on a secure web site to allow Scouts and
> >Leaders to gain access to relevant info on our Boy Scout District, here in FL.
>
> WOOPS!
>
> Access is NOT suitable for use on a website. I love the program, but it has
> its limits, and this is one of them. You can use an Access database for the
> tables, but you'll need an ASP or other web application to connect to it over
> the web.
>
> >Am I correct that your email is "jvinson@wysard of info.com", I did not
> >think you could have spaces in an email address?
> >

> You can't - edit them out (and please don't post my or your own email address
> in clear on the newsgroups, to prevent spammers from harvesting them).
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

I understand about the Spamers, did you get the DBMS?
--
Dick Patton
Boy Scout Troop 403

"Dick Patton" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> You are correct that will work just fine, however, how do I do that from
> within a query form and list the selected counselors in tabular format.
>
> When you get the data base try running the top leader query.  What would
> great is if there werer a field to enter a name (like the search option) only
> show all those records which meet the criteria.
>
> Oh how I miss Fortran and IBM SQL, it was so easy to do this stuff with with
> SQL calls to Fortran and IBM IDMS!!!
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Dick
>
> --
> Dick Patton
> Boy Scout Troop 403
>

> "Dick Patton" wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > I suspect that you are right, I probably have something in the Schema messed
> > up, I have done several DB's but that is not my Companies primary business.
> > All of them have been BSA related and at least up to now have served the
> > scouts well.
> >
> > I would be pleased to have you look at the data base, however, I am working
> > with "live" data.  So I will save the DB under another name and delete the
> > data except for sample records. There is nothing confidential except the data.
> >
> > The ultamate goal is to put it on a secure web site to allow Scouts and
> > Leaders to gain access to relevant info on our Boy Scout District, here in FL.
> >
> > Am I correct that your email is "jvinson@wysard of info.com", I did not
> > think you could have spaces in an email address?
> >
> > I will work to send the system to you today 4/8/10!
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > Dick
> > --
> > Dick Patton
> > Boy Scout Troop 403
> >

> > "John W. Vinson" wrote:

> > > Create a Query joining the three tables. Use a criterion on the merit badge
> > > specifying which badge you're interested in, and include the CounselorID or
> > > CounselorName in the query. This will show only those counselors who have
> > > records in the resolver table for that badge.
> > >
> > > This has nothing to do with the inability to delete the record, which makes no
> > > sense to me if the structure is as you describe it, unless the Subform's
> > > AllowDeletes property is turned off. What error do you get when you try to
> > > delete a record?
> > >
> > > I'd be willing to take a look at the database if it's not confidential; if you
> > > would like me to do so please use Compact and Repair to compact it, put it in
> > > a zipped folder and email it to me at jvinson <at> wysard of info <dot> com.
> > > There's something about it that isn't getting communicated on this forum!
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > >              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> > > .

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:23:02 -0700, Dick Patton
<DickPatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I understand about the Spamers, did you get the DBMS?

Just got it and I'll take a look. I'm tied up this afternoon, it may be a day
or two.

I'm not at all an expert on Web interfaces but I'd suggest you find out about
them immediately, before you invest too much time in an Access database. At
least until Office 10 you'll be barking up the wrong tree - Access Forms
simply aren't designed to work on webpages!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

Unable to create forms in database
We recently upgraded from Office 97 to 2003. We have a database which contains several forms/queries used by all. I run into problems when I am trying to create a new form in a database that is being used by a coworker. They are not accessing my form but one not connected. But I am getting the following message. " you do not have exclusive access to teh database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later." Is this a security setting that can be changed? This was never a problem in the earlier versions of Access. thanks All ve...

how to create a chart of a sheet from a xsl file that is on a url
Hi. I would like to create a chart. The "problem" is that the file, that already is a XSL file is on a URL and i what the chart to be update from that file each time i open my xsl file. In other words, i have a file that each time i open is going to do an update on a chart based on data that is on a static URL. Thank you. ...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

How to preserve conditional formatting on a web query table result
I have an external database that Excel queries and returns two columns of dates. I can set up a conditional format (in one colum) so that the dates in each row of the column change colour if the corresponding columns date is different. My problem is how to COPY and PASTE the conditional formatting across all dates in the one column (so that each cell looks at the date in the corresponding cell next to it)? Any ideas or suggestions? You can just use the format painter to copy and paste formats -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Simon L" <Simon L@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Importing Data and Creating Charts from Spreadsheet
Greetings - Sorry if the subject is not very explanitory, wasn't sure how to word it. Basically my issue is I am trying to create some different charts from a spreadsheet where there might be multiple rows for the same values that will go on the X axis. For example this spreadsheet might have the following Data: ABC Company $500 BCD Company $332 XYZ Company $500 XYZ Company $200 When that chart is created (company on x axis, amount on Y axis) it creates 4 different columns (one each for ABC Company and BCD Company and two for XYZ Company). What I would like it to do is to crea...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

How to create a random number between a range?
I need to generate random whole numbers between the range of 21 and 90. I started with this: =rand()*90 with the cells formatted to zero decimal places. how do I limit the lower number? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave =RAND()*(b-a)+a taken from the Excel help file. So in your case RAND()*(90-21)+21. If you want integers only then =INT(RAND()*(90-21)+21 In Excel 2007, = RANDBETWEEN(21,90) Tyro "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:56FD1420-58DC-4385-A784-C9964269B8F3@microsoft.com... >I need to generate random whole numbers...

CSplitterWnd; create; WM_SIZE. Bug??
Hi, My CMainFrame has a splitter wnd created (CreateStatic) inside OnCreateContext. When I'm trying to set its column info inside WM_SIZE handler (on CMainFrame) it causes an access violation ; // inside WM_SIZE handler if (m_wndSplitter.GetSafeHwnd() != NULL) { m_wndSplitter.SetColumnInfo(0, X, Y); } The reason is that inside SetColumnInfo, the m_pColIfno pointer is NULL because it has not been intitalized yet even though the splitter is a 'valid window' i.e.(IsWindow==TRUE). The problem is that the first post to WM_SIZE is caused inside the CSplitterWnd::CreateStatic...

Query of a subform
I'm looking to create a query that will pull subform data into it. The subform (four of them) have data that gets manually entered. All the boxes in the subform have dropdown boxes except one. This box is used to enter amounts. Will it be possible to pull this data? I can't seem to find it when I use the Query Wizard or Query Design. Thanks for any help. The data that is entered in the subform should be being stored in the table that is the source of the subform. Query that table. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Gdesrosiers" wrote: >...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

want to create a message box to appear on open
I want to be able to have a Message appearing the first time o open a worksheet in an excel document or even have appear when the document opensinitially. can this be done easily and removed easily? Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'Place this code in the ThisWorkbook object MsgBox "Insert your message here", vbInformation, "Insert your message box title here" End Sub "Fionajpower" wrote: > I want to be able to have a Message appearing the first time o open a > worksheet in an excel document or even have appear when the document > opensinitially....

Creating a CDC function... having some problems.
Suppose I have the following code which grabs a window, allowing me to call GetPixel: ////// CDC dc; CWnd* wnd = FindWindow(NULL, "MyWindow"); HDC hdc = ::GetDC(wnd->m_hWnd); dc.Attach(hdc); CDC memDC; memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); dc.GetPixel(0,0); <-- ////// I'd like to be able to use dc.GetPixel from any funtion in my class without having to reuse the above code in every function. My idea is to create a funtion, GetClientWindow, which houses the top most code. However, I'm not sure how to go about doing it, and was hoping someone might be able to help me ou...

Parameterized query in form
My form exports a query. The query needs to select some or all "MICAP"s and some or all "Project"s. My form has an option box [optMICAPS] and another option box [optProjects]. When the option radio button is cleared, a combo box is made visible for selecting a MICAP or Project (cbMICAPID, etc.) The underlying query has a "where" clause like: WHERE MICAPID = IIf([Forms]![frmLaborHistoryExtract]![optMICAPS],"*",[Forms]![frmLaborHistoryExtract]![cbMICAPID]) Similarly for the Project selection. The MICAPID is numeric, as is the ProjectID. When th...

Reports
Greetings, If i have a combo box on a form that runs a report, can i reference hidden columns form it ( Im assuming as I only pass in the bound column, probably not) ?? e.g. =[Forms]![frmstudentletter]![cbostudentid]![Column](1) Doesnt like the above .. And how can I concatenate fields? It doesnt like =[FirstName] & " " & [SurName] Cheers Rob On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:01:12 -0000, Rob W wrote: > Greetings, > > If i have a combo box on a form that runs a report, can i reference hidden > columns form it ( Im assuming as I only pass in the bound column, p...

combo box filters on continuous form
Access03/WinXP On a subform, I am using two combo boxes for data selection. The first combo box allows the user to select a Primary category; the AfterUpdate property sets the RowSource for the second combo box where the user will select a Secondary category. In the AfterUpdate of the second combo box, I am using Me.Refresh and Me.Requery. This works without issue. The problem is that on selection of the Primary category where any previous records in the continuous form do not match the Primary category of the current record "lose" the data of the Secondary combo box. I ...

i am having trouble creating a rule on a shared mailbox
I have a shared mailbox and when attempting to set up a rule to cc other people, the rule will not work automatically, i have to manually enter it for it to work, any suggestions? "PS" <PS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7EB1FCB-6C3C-4890-BB14-BA68E71FC8EC@microsoft.com... >I have a shared mailbox and when attempting to set up a rule to cc other > people, the rule will not work automatically, i have to manually enter it > for > it to work, any suggestions? Start with the basics. What is the full text of the rule? What mailbox are you sign...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Query-Based Distros for Sender Restriction
Can I use a query based distribution list as a Sender Restriction? i.e., if I have a query based distribution list which is "All Email Users", can I add that to the list of allowed senders on a different distribution list to effectively block external senders from sending mail to that other distribution list? The reason I ask is that I'm tryig to write a vbscript to go through a number of distribution lists and change this but recieve an error if I attempt to set it to a query based distribution list. A regular distribution list works fine. The odd thing is that if I go into t...

How to create a formula where high and low numbers are excluded
How do I create a formula in Excel 2003 where if I have six colums of numbers, and I would like to get the sum of these six numbers, excluding the highest and lowest number? Is this possible? One way =SUM(A1:F1)-MAX(A1:F1)-MIN(A1:F1) Also check out the LARGE and SMALL functions. On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:23:07 -0800, "rodeoratt@discussions.microsoft.com" <rodeorattdiscussionsmicrosoftcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I create a formula in Excel 2003 where if I have six colums of >numbers, and I would like to get the sum of these six numbers, exclud...

Command line to create a new email with multiple attachments
Hi What is the command line to activate outlook, create a new email and attach seversl files to the message. for a single attachment the command is- OTLOOK.EXE "finame". If there othe way to do it from Visual C++ appreciate any pointer, .. Thanks or any help Dov ...

Update query
Are you aloud to qualify criteria’s in an UPDATE Query? I’m trying do a UPDATE Query to import information from one table to another but I’m having trouble getting it to work. If I run the query as followed it works find. UPDATE tblIncomeDetail SET tblIncomeDetail.IncomeDetailID = "1893" WHERE (((tblIncomeDetail.LocationID)=6) AND ((tblIncomeDetail.Date)=#1/4/2008#)); But when I qualify my criteria’s and SET , it doesn’t UPDATE tblIncomeDetail SET tblIncomeDetail.IncomeDetailID = [Tables]![tblIncomeSum]![IncomeID] WHERE (((tblIncomeDetail.LocationID)=[Tables]![tblIncomeSum...