Is it possible to use a switchboard/form to open a form from another database?

I want to add a button to my switchboard that opens a form in another
database. Is it possible to do this and if so how, as the button wizard
only seems to enable actions within the same database.

Thanks for any help.
--
Sam

0
SamJ

Configure Exchange 5.5 for backup to another domain
Hello, Is it possible to configure Exchange 5.5 to be a back mail server for another domain as well as it's host domain. Example... mx record has 10 -> firstdomain.com 20 -> backupdomain.com If firstdomain.com's exchange server goes down is there a way to configure backupdomain.com's exchange server to accept mail for firstdomain.com and send it to the server when it comes back online? But it cannot stop accepting mail for backupdomain.com. Thanks. Chris DeFreitas Yes, it is posible. On Exchange server for backupdomain, in Exch Admin prog, IMC props, Routing ta...

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

Files opening with different file names
Good afternoon/morning. Having a strange issue with Excel at present. If a file is sitting on my desktop, called invoices.xls, I click on it to open, and it opens as invoices1 The same happens if I 'explore' to the file. However, if I open excel and then click 'file''open' then click on the file, it opens as invoices.xls. When trying to save invoices1 it will save as invoices1.xls, then if I open this it will open it as invoices11 I'm running Windows 2000 with Excel 2000. Any help/guesswork would be appreciated! It sounds like the default behavior when you ...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Inserting Customers into HQ using SQL
We are writing an integration to RMS HQ Customers from an application called Campus View. I'm trying to write an insert statement to insert into the Customer table. I first tried inserting a record without explicitly setting the ID or HQID fields in the script to see if SQL would auto-generate these key fields for me. I received an error that null values weren't allowed. I tried manually creating a customer to see what ID values it would assign. Rather than starting at 1 and auto incrementing it appears to be choosing very long numbers to assign as the ID fields. For exampl...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

Using project indicators and the current date
Is there a way to set up project indicators based on the current date verses the finish date? I want it more for a visual for resources to basically alert them visually if a task is due to finish within 2 weeks, or has passed. Here's what I want to show: Green - Finish date is < 2 weeks away Yellow - Finish date is >= 2 weeks Red - The Finish date has passed This would be using the current date, not baseline. Hi m2mteck, Is this in MSProject, or Project Web Access? -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "...

working out which colour text is used to populate a cell
Hi all, Fingers crossed someone out there will be able to help me. I have been tasked to provide a spreadsheet at work to monitor a number of applications and written applications that we receive and the number of days we respond by. I have the following cells ‘application received’(Cell B), ‘enquiry received’(Cell C), ‘date completed’(Cell E) I then have the following formula in Cell H =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158) which determines which cell has the date in (B or C) and then works out the number of days it has taken looking at cell E (the...

Using rundll32.exe to install using a non interactive session
Hi, I'm trying to write a script that will remotely install a file system filter driver remotely across a number of systems using psexec.exe (from sysinernals). This works fine if the user is logged on to the remote system, but does not seem to work if no user is logged in. If I try to run other applications using psexec when the user is not logged in, they wrk fine. Are there any reasons why rundll32.exe cannot be used in this way? Thanks Richard "Rich Jones" <Rich Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9910D08-E00E-49E5-842E-93E9F...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

Minimise form. leave open in background etc.
Hi I have a user form which has been set up to be used as a menu with lots of buttons doing various operations. After clicking a button and carrying out the task(s) I would like to able to move back into a worksheet(s) do some work and then step back to the form. At present I have to close the form do the work and then reopen it. Is it possible to minimise the form, leave it open in the background whilst I work on the sheets and then maximise to choose/use further menu items etc.? Any help with coding would be gratefully received. Thanks Richi Richi, You can make the userform modeles...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Can I assign an ip form within a program on Windows CE 6.0
Hi I know in Windows CE 6.0 you can change the ip address on the device by doing the following 1. Navigate to : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network and Dial up Connections 2. Right click on the network adapter and select Properties 3. You will see the IP Settings dialog box 4. Click Specify an IP address and fill it in I would like to do the same thing in a program. What do I wirte too? Are they registry entries or something in the smbserver.dll? Can someone please provide some detail on what to write too? -- Don Just ...

add maskedbox to form on runtime
Hello to you all is it possible to programmatically add a maskedbox to a form at runtime? thanks Catharinus "Catharinus" <csvanderwerf@planet.nl> wrote... > Hello to you all > > is it possible to programmatically add a maskedbox to a form at > runtime? Assuming the Masked Edit control library is referenced in the project, With Controls.Add("MSMask.MaskEdBox", "MaskEdBox1") .Move 100, 100, 1200, 350 .Mask = "(###)-###-####" .Visible = True .SetFocus End With On 21 a...

VS 2005 Using Crystal Reports from MFC application
I'm trying to find documentation on how to integrate Crystal Reports (the one included with Visual Studio 2005) into a C++/MFC dialog based application. Has anybody had any success with this? If so, do you know if I have to use managed C++ in order to accomplish this? I tried to add the CrystalReports ActiveX ReportViewer (10.2) into my dialog but it doesn't appear in the list of available ActiveX objects. I looked into the Registry to see if the component was actually registered and the entry is blank (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \CrystalReports102.ActiveXReportViewer.1 is empty). Does any...

copy code into all open wkbks
How do I copy a code that I want to use and store it in "all open workbooks', instead of on the open worksheet only You can put it in another workbook and then just make sure that this other workbook is open when you need the code. Lots of people who need this functionality, put their code into a workbook named personal.xls and then save that personal.xls into their XLStart folder. By placing the personal.xls workbook there, it's opened each time you start excel. nkeiru wrote: > > How do I copy a code that I want to use and store it > in "all open workbooks&...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Using Outlook with Hotmail
Hello. I've just started using Outlook 2003, after having owned the disc for a while (I only used office for Word prior to this). I use two hotmail accounts, both of which are installed fine. 1) How can I get an audio alert when new hotmail arrives? Surely if Outlook Express provides one, then the more advanced program should too??? This is a mjor thing for me, as I don't want to have to keep checking constantly to see if I have mail. 2) How do I configure my sent items to stay in the right place - e.g. the hotmail sent items with their relevant accounts, rather than in the un...

POST using SSL in MFC
I have the need to "use an object such as Microsoft's WinHTTP or XMLHTTP to emulate an HTML Form POST using SSL." I have examples for doing this in C# and .NET. Can anyone point me in the right direction for accomplishing this on the desktop using VC++ with or without MFC? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:eqA16Xh2HHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have the need to "use an object such as Microsoft's WinHTTP or XMLHTTP to >emulate an...