Is a vertical datasheet view possible

The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a way
to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down the
left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?

"John F" <JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a
> way
> to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down
> the
> left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?

No, there isn't.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

0
Douglas
6/7/2010 5:05:43 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:02:53 -0700, John F <JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a way
>to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down the
>left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?

Only with a third-party Grid control, or a very complex unbound form.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4

for some examples. You will need to write some VBA code to do this
though.

HTH.

Peter Hibbs.

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:02:53 -0700, John F
<JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The standard layout for the datasheet view form is horizontal. Is there a way
>to display the datasheet view vertically with the field names going down the
>left side of the form and the data expanding to the right?
0
Peter

how to draw text vertically?
for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. In article <eShIl7FZGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Bill Gates says... > for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to > left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. Basically you specify the angle in lfEscapement of the LOGFONT structure. Then call CreateFontIndirect with this structure and you'll get a rotated font of type HFONT. Use SelectObject to select the font and then you can use TextO...

Grouping view in Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi It's possible to group or count a view in Grid in CRM 3.0. When I create new view in Advance Phonecall I don't see any grouping or counting fileds. In grid I have: Subject | State Task 1 1 Task 2 1 Task 1 1 Task 1 1 and I want: Subject | State Task 1 3 Task 2 1 Thanks, Andrej Answered in Dev group. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Andrej" <Andrej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D049221E-F7E9-4531-9098-0C6BB14D8BA0@microsoft.com... Hi It's possible to grou...

Datasheet View 01-18-10
I am working with Access 2002. I have a main form, frmVendors, with a sub form frmCourses. The courses form has a sub form in datasheet view for frmClasses. This form has also has a sub form datasheet view for frmInstructors. What I need to do is attach another sub form to frmClasses for training rooms used. I would also like this to be a datasheet view. Is it possible to link to different subs to another sub both in datasheet view? I added and linked the second datasheet form view to frmClasses but nothing shows up in the form view. Thanks in advance. Ann - This wou...

help, how to add an Editbox in a View?
I have an SDI app with 2 Views as follow. ----------------| | V1 |V2 | | | | | |-------| <== an Editbox for input command ----------------| V2 (TerminalView) is drived from CEditView, it is a readonly log terminal. I like to add an edit box for input command into V2. (just like an address in Windows explorer). This does not have to be dynamic, actually I prefer create an edit box statically, but I don't know how. It would be great if someone direct me to appropriate point. Does any one know how to get the resource ID for newly(dynamically) created edit control object in view? Or Is ...

Default View on New Message
I'm trying to find out if there is a view other than the default, Web Layout View when you type a new message. I like to set limits so that when you type it doesn't go on until the end of the page but stops and starts a new line. I've been looking at options but I haven't been able to find it yet. I know that you have other views (Normal, Outline, Print) but I need to make it a default one so that anytime you open a new message that would be the format. ...

I want to display a graph vertically
Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is, the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom, like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, ...

house view
In house view organize important papers, 8 categories , then limited to 10 per category, anyone know how to be able to put 15 say? Louise Turbide ...

vertical text
Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without expanding the row height? Dan, Do you have exceptional eyesight? Bernard "Dan" <hemidan@aol.com> wrote in message news:27b301c38367$5ae76490$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without > expanding the row height? ...

Sharepoint Workflow email containing image requires login to view
I have an image set up in a library in SharePoint 2007, that I'm linking to a workflow email that I created in SharePoint Designer. When the email is received by the user in Outlook 2003, it prompts them to log in with their credentials before they can view the image. This is only happening to certain users - what could be causing this? Anybody have any thoughts about this? "Mark" wrote: > I have an image set up in a library in SharePoint 2007, that I'm linking to a > workflow email that I created in SharePoint Designer. When the email is > rec...

viewing formulas/concatenate
I'm attempting to use the concatenate formula (something that I've done before). After I enter the formula and press enter, the formula, and not the result populates the cell. I know that the formula worked because when I press the = sign, I can see that formula result. I just cannot see it in the cell. Any thoughts? Excel likes to help. Try this on a test worksheet. Select A1 and hit ctrl-; (to put the date in the cell) now select B1 and type: =a1 Notice that excel changed the format of B1 to match the format in A1. Now format D1 as Text. put ASDF in D1 put =D1 in E1 You see ...

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Formula view with no resulting value
I've not that experienced in XL-2003 and in older versions I can do this without any extra considerations When I'm entering a standard formula e.g. =today() excell don' other than that. I would have liked to have the number for the date today so that I can compare it with a date from another cell What do I do to make this happen Plleeeease Either you have View Formulas checked in Tools>Options>View or the cells are pre-formatted as text. Hit CRTL + `(above TAB key) to toggle Formula View on/off, if that is the case. If text cells, select the cells and Format as General t...

I would like the tabs in Excel to be listed vertically on left.
There's no option setting that will move the sheet tabs to the left. You can send suggestions to: mswish@microsoft.com Put "Excel" in the subject line, so your suggestion will be forwarded to the Excel product managers. Suzy wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

inbox view problem
i recently went to view/arrange by current view/define views, and reset the ones that could be, and deleted the custom views i had . everything seened normal in all the sub folders (just what i wanted), but when i went to the root inbox folder, it now displays it as a timeline. in other words, the emails are listed, left to right, by date. if i go to define views, the current view settings.properly show it as a "timeline" (which i do not want) but it wont let me change the view type to "table" which is what it should be. how do i reset this? something obviously went w...

Printing just vertical gridlines
Is there any way to print out the data in a worksheet showing vertical gridlines only? Virginia One way is to format the cells and add vertical borders. Then whe printing, uncheck the print gridlines box. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26513 Thanks very much. That's just what I needed! Virginia kkknie wrote: > One way is to format the cells and add vertical borders. The...

How change between Public and Private View?
Hi,again: How can i change or create a Private view in CRM?. and change to both types. Public and Private? Thanks for help. ...

viewing complete headers
Anyone know how to get Outlook to display a message's complete header Assuming that you are using Outlook 2000 or later, try right clicking on a message in your inbox and select options. The internet header is at the bottom of the dialog. "Debra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14d3e01c3f994$8f883410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get Outlook to display a message's > complete header ...

Viewing Exchange Mailboxes
I've just upgraded from 2000NTAS to 2003SBS and I used to be able to see the mailboxes for all the users before - but now I can't nor can I find their ..pst files. Could someone tell me how I can replace this functionality in Exchange 2003? Many Thanks Arthur In news:D25571BF-925F-494D-B629-613F7FE25FDD@microsoft.com, Arthur Callaghan <ArthurCallaghan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I've just upgraded from 2000NTAS to 2003SBS and I used to be able to > see the mailboxes for all the users before - but now I can't nor can > I find their .pst files. >...

Convert vertical data to horizontal data
I have a listing of 6 performance ratings for each employee. The ratings appear vertically. How do I convert the ratings data to a single row for each employee? Copy - paste special - transpose -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Kiley" wrote: > I have a listing of 6 performance ratings for each employee. The ratings > appear vertically. How do I convert the ratings data to a single row for > each employee? I think I need more information. I tried what you suggested but I got the following me...

List View with no focus
I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How could i do that. See your post regarding "List view with no item selection". "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although > columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How > could i do that. > > > ...

Viewing Outbox Prevents Sending Email
Outlook 2003, SP2 If I have pending email in my Outbox and I click on Outbox, the message will immediately change from italics to normal font and will not send when I perform Send/Receive. I do not open the message, I just view the contents of Outbox. If I open the message and click send it immediately reverts to normal font and will not send. To send such a message, I have to drag it to Drafts, open and send it from Drafts, then do send/receive without opening Outbox. This strange behaviour just started happening today. The only thing that I changed on my system was that yesteday I ...

when the size of view change,how can I also change size of the font,chart in this view
all: I want to change the size of font and chart go with the view's size changing. what can I do . thx for anyone respone. &best regards. terrcy.j terrcy wrote: > all: > > I want to change the size of font and chart go with the view's size > changing. > > what can I do . > > > thx for anyone respone. > > &best regards. > > terrcy.j > > Handle the WM_SIZE message in the view. It is passed the new size. To change the font you will have to call the CFont's DeleteOjbect, then cal...

Transferring the filter from a datasheet form to a report.
I have a datatsheet and a report based on the same query. I would like to transfer the extra filter to the report as well but it does not seem to work I can't seem to access the report's methods and properties from VBA Me.frmCallReport.Form.Filter gives me the filter.' rptCallReport.Filter = Me.frmCallReport.Form.Filter Try Reports!rptCallReport.Filter = Me.frmCallReport.Form.Filter Reports!rptCallReport.FilterOn = True Report rptCallReport must be open before you can run this code (so you may be best off putting it into the report's Open event...

Vertical font
Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. I've been known to use tables and/or columns to create the effect of a vertical font. If you make the column narrow enough and get the margins right if will move all the text into a vertical line. It is far from foolproof though, some letters, i.e. l, are narrower than others and so frustrate this work around. I am sure someone will be along soon with a much cleverer answer. Good luck. "Jonka" wrote: > Can a line of font be turned from horizontal to vertical. The only way I know is nothing autom...

View/Change Pivot Table Query
I am currently using Excel 2003. I would like to look at a PivotTable's SQL Query, but unsure on how to do this. I did find one posting with a VBA solution, so I tried it. I get the following error: 'Unable to get the Pivot Tables property of the worksheet class' Below is the source code Sub Get_PT_Source_Code() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim index As Integer Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable") With pvtTable.PivotCache Debug.Print .CommandText 'the SQL Query Debug.Print .Connection 'th...