Invalid Argument Access 2003

I get an invalid argument when I open my database.  The database is
the front end for a split database.  I was working with some large
imports.  The file has swelled to over 2 GB.  It should be around
50MB.  I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the
command prompt.  I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB
and repair/compact.  I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a
blank DB.  However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors.
When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist.

I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and queries to recover.
Any ideas?

TIA

JB38138

0
behrends

On 20 Apr 2007 14:55:30 -0700, behrends@bellsouth.net wrote:

>I get an invalid argument when I open my database.  The database is
>the front end for a split database.  I was working with some large
>imports.  The file has swelled to over 2 GB.

That's the maximum size for Access databases, and you WILL get errors.

>  It should be around
>50MB.  I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the
>command prompt.  I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB
>and repair/compact.  I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a
>blank DB.  However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors.
>When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist.
>
>I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and queries to recover.
>Any ideas?

Good luck... I *hope* you made backups, if not routine backups before starting
the imports, at least backups before you tried to repair and compact. It's
quite possible that compacting a damaged but salvagable database could destroy
it permanently.

See Tony's corruption FAQ at

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

for suggestions, including links to database salvage services.

And... keep current backups. Access is reasonably robust, but databases CAN
become irretrievably corrupt or damaged; the only database which doesn't need
backups is one that you don't mind rebuilding from scratch at the most
inconvenient imaginable time.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/22/2007 8:47:40 PM
Hey there,

Saw that you did a compact and repair with the open database, and then
from the command prompt, also. It may be duplicating the command
prompt c&r, but have you tried compact and repair on the closed
database via Access?

Step by step instructions are at:
http://www.seehowrightnow.com/video_tutorials/access/access_2003/tutorial.asp?vidnum=AC030406

HTH!
Crystal
Microsoft Certified Instructor-Office 2000/XP/2003

On Apr 20, 5:55 pm, behre...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I get an invalid argument when I open my database.  The database is
> the front end for a split database.  I was working with some large
> imports.  The file has swelled to over 2 GB.  It should be around
> 50MB.  I have tried torepairthe DB from insideaccessand using the
> command prompt.  I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB
> andrepair/compact.  I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a
> blank DB.  However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors.
> When I double click on a module,Accesstells me it doesn't exist.
>
> I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and queries to recover.
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> JB38138

0
newsgroups

Outlook 2003 and VPN #3
I am using Outlook 2003 and VPN to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server. When the user opens Outlook they get a message "Trying to connect to the Exchange Server". This message happens about 90% of the time, but occasionally, the user is able to connect and get their email. I have played a little bit with MTU size on the network adapter, but I am not sure that does anything. Any ideas? "jpiede" <jpiede@turnerinvestments.com> wrote in news:ubobdcrPFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl: > I am using Outlook 2003 and VPN to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server. > Wh...

Warning when saving XML Spreadsheet 2003 with Excel 2007
I'm using Excel 2007 to edit an XML Spreadsheet 2003 file. Every time I save the file it pops up a warning dialog saying that some features may not be supported. I know I'm not using any features that the XML Spreadsheet doesn't support so is there any way to disable the warning? It's very annoying. And would be even more annoying if the saved the file only to find some features had been lost The computer is a tool ; users have to do the work best wishes Bernard "Ken Paulson" <ken@drunkenhyena.com> wrote in message news:uO0QlBgoKHA.404...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Is it possible to setup multiple users for outlook 2003?
I setup seperate email accounts on outlook for my husband & I. However, when I go to the Inbox, all of email shows up together. Is there a way to set us up seperately so that we have our own email, calendar, contacts, etc.? The best way to keep them separate is to create separate Windows profiles and log on separately. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "eileenroberto" wrote: > I setup seperate email accounts on outlook for my husband & ...

Exchange 2000 POP3 access logs
Hi, Is there a log somewhere of who and when remote users log on to the server to collect their email with POP3 other than the last logon time in ESM? Thanks, Peter Not that I'm aware of, although the problem goes away if you close port 110. OWA or RPC over HTTPs or in extreme circumstances maybe IMAP4. But not POP... "Peter Kaufman" <expat_th-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:u3uqv19uehdeklhdd49f1gu2j3onk5vg43@4ax.com... > Hi, > > Is there a log somewhere of who and when remote users log on to the > server to collect their email with POP3 other th...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Installing CRM1.2 on SBS 2003
Hi All, I'm just beginning my installation of CRM 1.2 after having SBS 2003 up and running for a month or two now. I note in the documentation that "Microsft Message Queing Sercie must be installed as a Message Queuing Server and started." I don't see this Service in my listing of Services... Any suggestions? Thanks, Boolean1 Okay, I see on the next page of the implementation guide how to install this service. It's good now... "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:8tudnVVaqLz-Nt7fRVn-1w@comcast.com... > Hi All, > &...

cmdReset on Access 2000
Hello Forum Members: I have setup the following using Access 2000: 1) cmdFilter button on the Form Header on the Main Form 2) cmdReset button on the Form Header on the Main Form 3) Sub Form inside the Main Form cmdReset button is working as far as I am on the Main Form to just reset (clear) the words that I typed on the unbound text box. What I want to accomplish is that on the filtered Sub Form, when I hit the cmdReset button, I want the screen to go back to the original non-filtered Main Form. The code below just resets (clears) the words on the unbound text box and it does not allow m...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Cannot access OMA page
I've read through a number of the threads here, but haven't been able to find an answer. Apologies in advance if this has already been solved. Would appreciate a pointer to a thread if so. Environment: Windows Server 2003 Advanced SP1, up-to-date (DCSRV) Exchange Server 2003 SP2, up-to-date (EXCHSRV) Basically I can't get ActiveSync/OMA to work, so I started by trying to access the OMA page through a browser. I'm seeing the following behavior when I try to access OMA: Browser (IE6) displays: "Unable to connect to your mailbox on server EXCHSRV. Please try again ...

outlook 2003 and windows shared fax service
I have noticed that windows shared fax service will not fax a document using a dialing rule (in this case "9") to dial out of our PBX system unless you go into each and every fax number and double click the number in the contact and select ok. This enables the international code: +1 (310) 123-4567 format. I was wondering if there was an easier way (through a policy, script, etc.) to accomplish this. To accomplish what? Al Microsoft Fax services require the phone number to which you are sending the fax is in "international format." Details on how to use international f...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

OFX
When doing an update from my broker I get the message cannot establish secure communication with the server. Digital certificate is invalid. OFXIE12038. This is new happening in last month. Broker support says problem is Money 2002 not supported so I installed Money 2005 (with some qualms) and of course, still get the same message. I can access the brokerage website OK from Money, just cannot get statement downloads. -- Bill ...

Invalid Procedure Call on Forms
Hello, any suggestions are appreciated! I imported tables from our media database into our membership database. I was going to combine the information so that I could streamline orders with lookup fields but my supervisor didn't like it so... I went back to the media database and now NONE of the form buttons are working. The forms open, and all the reports, queries, and tables open without incident. However, when I click any button on any form (to call up a report, query or another form), I receive an error: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguement". I tried creating a...

Concurrent access to data
Hi, I have a working Excel 2000 app, where users see and manipulate data through forms rather than worksheets. Can you recommend a method of making this app available to more then 1 user simultaneously? I was thinking of making my app an add-in and storing all data in some workbook aside - not sure however how to do it. Thanks in advance Paul Hi, Paul. By sharing the workbook (see HELP) you can let users in, but you really only want one user to update data at a time (everyone else should be 'read only') - How else would the file know who's data to keep and who's to disca...

Outlook 2003 Capitalization
Hi please help I have set to make first letter of the sentence capitalize but outlook doesn't do that. I have set options to HTML and not using word as email editor. If I use plain tesxt or rich format it works but with HTML doesn't work. Even if i use word as an email editor it doesn't work but if i type directly in a word document it works fine. I don't know why suddenly stop doing that, it was working fine with word as email editor. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks Have a look at: Tools>Options>Spelling>Auto correct options and see if the 'C...

help with worksheet with access
I have a large worksheet which I enter a reference number and some details for that reference, I would like to be able to store this in maybe access then when I enter the reference is re entered I can edit the values. any ideas?> I guess I'm confused about what the question is... You can create tables in Access with spreadsheet data, but you should normalize the data before loading the tables. Once spreadsheet could be several normalized tables. It isn't always a good idea to just take a spreadsheet and create a table out of it. You may run into problems later when yo...

Exchange 2003/ Windows 2003 SP1 LDAP Error 8270
Received following error after upgrading to Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP1 on (running Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 Server): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 10/29/2006 Time: 10:03:53 PM User: N/A Computer: PCTEXCHSV0 Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded when importing the transaction dn: <GUID=976693E2EE86D24FBA6A9F8EA57FB876> changetype: Modify proxyAddresses:FAX:Jobs[jobs]6110@xyz.com : SMTP:Jobs@xyz.com : MS:PCOFFEE/YELLOWP/JOBS : CCMAIL:jobs at YELLOWP : smtp:jobs@xyz.com :...

Syncronization of Access Database with Replica over the Net
Dear Professional. I want to Sycronize a database and its replica using the Net. Can you guide me in this regard. Best Wishes, Noor Mohammed Khan Try looking at the information here: http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/Replication/index.php?title=Main_Page -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "eJirga@gmail.com" wrote: > Dear Professional. I want to Sycronize a database and its replica > using the Net. Can you guide me i...

Outlook 2002 cannot open 2003 emails which is saved in a folder
Some people on our network have Outlook 2002 version and other have 2003 and higher. The 2002 users cannot open messages saved in client folders wich was send or received by 2003 and higher users. 2002 cannot open a data file created using 2003 or higher format "GVW" <GVW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C5DF895-2D7D-4329-9180-1BF6D6833267@microsoft.com... > Some people on our network have Outlook 2002 version and other have 2003 > and > higher. The 2002 users cannot open messages saved in client folders wich > was > send or rec...

Microsoft Office 2003
Installed on my Windows Xp/sp2. I'm unable to erase this from my computer! I have been researching this for the pass couple of days but just can't find an answer as to how to completely delete it. Many drop down mini windows appear with each one refering me to another window but all follow-ups are vague. Can someone point me in the right direction? Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs -- HTH, George "neverontuesday" <meadows28> wrote in message news:2C3F6446-4A2E-4125-8662-70D53E710C75@microsoft.com... > Installed on my Windows Xp/sp2. > I'm u...

Invalid Operation 425
I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have not solved our problem. We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always. Our set up is RMS version 2.0 Printer - Epson Tm-881V Cash Drawer - APG VB320 OPOS ADK 2.6 Running on Windows XP Pro Any body have an idea? -- Many thanks Jack Master Jack - Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is liste...

Outlook Express to access newsgroup
Kinda new to this stuff, but where can I find server info about excel newsgroup to enter into my Outlook Express Newsgroup? Thanks -- tinkertron The server name is msnews.microsoft.com No log-in required. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:22:08 +0100, tinkertron <tinkertron.1n6n7r@news.excelbanter.com> wrote: > >Kinda new to this stuff, but where can I find server info about excel >newsgroup to enter into my Outlook Express Newsgroup? > >Thanks Saved from a previous post: If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). ...

access system date format
dears, in access 2000 format while programing on the forms i used dd/mm/yy date format ( that is my system date format) but where on the any new system with other system date format ( say mm / dd/yy) is causing major error how to set right with this please ? Access handles this automatically, according to the user's settings in the Windows Control Panel under Regional Options. If your regional options are dmy, then that's how the dates are presented to you, and how Access interprets what you type in the user interface. If another user's settings are mdy, that's how Acc...

Renamed invalid sheet name
I have a routine that opens a workbook to access data and then closes it. It has worked fine for years with XP and Excel 2000. Since changing to Win 7 and Excel 2003 it will no longer automatically open. A warning box appears "Repairs to 'Workbook'" and the message "Renamed invalid sheet name". After closing the message box it renames the worksheet to "Recovered_Sheet 1" and opens the workbook. However, this is a manual process and I need it to be automated as before. What I have found (I believe) is that if the file name includes "...