Inserting a full file path and name into a field

Hello,

I have seen Arvin's Document Management database from here

http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html

but the browse doesnt include the file names, only the directories. The
following API can search for files:

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

but won't allow me to insert the full path into a field (including file).
Unless I have missed something.

How can I do it?

cheers!

There is no change to Print (from web format) in my file menu.
I am attempting to change a file from web format to print document format. Your help response is to click on "change to print" in the file menu. This option is not in my file menu. Can you help? ...

Opening xml file in excel
Hello, When a xml file is opened in excel, a dialog is displayed asking [to open with stylesheet or do not open with stylesheet]. When the file is opened in vb this dialog is not shown. How to open a xml file in vb applying the stylesheet. thanks Menon ...

removing blank fields in a query
I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how do I accomplish this. -- Les >>I do not wan the fields with blanks Just omit that field. Or do you not want records that have blank fields? Use criteria of Is Not Null on the field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Les" wrote: > I need to build a table using a old database. the field I want has some data > in them but can also have blanks. I do not wan the fields with blanks how ...

How do I use the data in a named field to select a worksheet tab .
I need to use a named field to select a worksheet tab in another workbook. ie i have a workbook called Master and need to collect data from a workbook called Reports, but i need to collect it from different worksheets within Reports depending on the month selected in Master. The tabs in Reports are M01,M02,etc. In Master I have a Named Field called 'Month" with M01,M02 etc entered in it. This field needs to select the corresponding tab in Reports. Usually the reference syntax goes something like '[Filename]Tabname!Cellname or reference. Here is an obscure example from an old...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Change name in From section
How do I change how my name is displayed in the From section of my mailbox? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, click Properties.=20 On the General tab you can change the displayed name. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "kabutton" <kabutton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:72ADFCC4-487B-45D8-AA62-E597CFFF44E8@microsoft.com... > How do I change how my name is displayed in the From section of my = mailbox? ...

Reading XML files on WebServer
Hi, I am wanting to read an XML file sitting on a server and am wondering if I will run into problems with firewalls and/or proxy servers using the following simple bit of code: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.myserver.com/myxmlfile.xml"); It works fine with my interent connection. If some of the users are behind a proxy server it may cause a problem. Especially authentication proxy server. If you concern about these circumstances I suggest creating a WebRequest object and set the correct credentials, proxy server and then get the WebResponse objec...

Insert trigger

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

Variable field names?
Hi I am trying to execute the following code: - strSQL = strSQL & Nz([" & strCOM_Year & "], 0) where strCOM_Year is a string I want the system to use as a field name. It doesn't like this. Keeps saying 'can't find the field "|" referred to in you expression', even though I can clearly see in the debug window that the current value of strCOM_Year is "2006/2007". i.e. I am looking for the value in the field called 2006/2007. Any ideas? Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to execute the following code: - > > str...

Control Name when New workbook opened from a template
How can I control the name of a new workbook opened from template? Such as using MyWorkbook.xlt to open MyWorkBookToday.xls instead of MyWorkbook1.xls. Thanks, Steve -- SC from Lubbock, Texas The name of the file (including the extension) is set when you (or the user) saves the file. I don't think you can control how excel names workbooks that are created based on template files. Well, you could provide a macro that creates the file and then saves the file with the name (and location) you want. SC in Texas wrote: > > How can I control the name of a new work...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

UNC Path problems
Hi all, I have face a problems in outlook 2000. When i click the unc path in an email, there was nothing happen. I have search on the web and microsoft website, but unfortuneately i can not find out any solution. Please help Thanks a lot ...

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Full access rights account
We have an Exchnage 2003 on a Win 2003 domain. I'm trying to make an account that'll have full access rights on the server and the exchange system with no luck. It inherits all the rights and it seems the problem is with Receive As and the Send As permissions. Is there a simple way of removing the deny on a new security group ? This article might help you accomplish what you need. 292509.KB.EN-US HOWTO: How to configure an account to use ExMerge on Exchange Server amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. ...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Insert with a where condition

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

What can i use to read the transaction log files?
If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read the log file? No, and I would recommend you don't open them in anything, what exactly are you looking for? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "llewell" <llewell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E75FC280-0F6D-4183-977C-1D6157E5C27F@microsoft.com... > If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some > way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read ...