Importing objects in new db fails partly

I have the following peculiar problem. When I import my database objects
into a new database there are some forms which are not imported complete.
The import completes without errors.
Those 'problem' forms are visible in the database window, and the VBA code
is also present. Only the actual form object is missing. It is not possible
to open the form, even not in the design mode.
When I import those forms again there are no problems and the forms can be
opened without problem.

Exporting the forms from the source database (with an add-in / VBA code)
causes no problem.

I use Access 2003 SP3.

Does this sounds familiar to anyone?

0
Goos

I don't have any specific info on this, so it would be good to hear if
someone else does.

You're not using Visual Source Safe? That has problems with A2003 SP3.

If this applies to specific form(s) but generally not others, there's a
fairly good chance that the form is partially corrupt. You might try
rescuing the original database (i.e. the one you are copying from):

1. Make a backup copy of the MDB in case something goes wrong.

2. Make sure you have te Name AutoCorrect boxes unchecked under:
    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
Explanation of why:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

3. Compact the database:
    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair

4. Decompile by entering something like this at the command prompt while
Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"

5. Open the form's module, and copy all the code out to Notepad. Close the
module. In form design view, set the form's Has Module property to No.
Answer Yes to the confirmation dialog about losing the code. Save the form.

6. Compact the database again.

7. Export the suspect form to a text file, using the undocumented
SaveAsText. Something like this:
    SaveAsText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"

8. Delete the suspect form.

9. Compact again.

10. Get Access to recreate the supsect from from the text file:
    LoadFromText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"

11. Open the form's module, and paste in the text you saved at step 5.

12. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.

Now see if the form will import into your other database correctly.

"Goos van Beek" <goosvanbeek001@ollehc.ln> wrote in message
>I have the following peculiar problem. When I import my database objects
>into a new database there are some forms which are not imported complete.
>The import completes without errors.
> Those 'problem' forms are visible in the database window, and the VBA code
> is also present. Only the actual form object is missing. It is not
> possible to open the form, even not in the design mode.
> When I import those forms again there are no problems and the forms can be
> opened without problem.
>
> Exporting the forms from the source database (with an add-in / VBA code)
> causes no problem.
>
> I use Access 2003 SP3.
>
> Does this sounds familiar to anyone?

0
Allen
10/21/2007 3:05:46 AM
Hi Allen.

Thanks for your effort!

For a few weeks I get memory errors and import errors as described while
importing objects in a new database. Its a fairly large FE database, it
migth have somthing to do with it, I don't know.

These are the steps I followed until now:

 - Database was already compacted and repaired.
 - I already tried the decompile switch without result.
 - On this particular machine was VSS 6.0 installed. Uninstalling did not
solve the problem.
 - I did copy the error forms without code, but some of those new forms
also caused an error.
 - I *always* uncheck the Name AutoCorrect, . In all my applications I use
an 'InitApplication' script which sets/creates all nessecery
settings,properties and permissions.
  This script also turns off the Name AutoCorrect. After all objects are
inmported, and thats where it goes wrong!

* Unchecking Name AutoCorrect in the newly created db before importing the
objects from the source db was the solution for my problems!

Thanks again!

Goos van Beek.

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> schreef in bericht
>I don't have any specific info on this, so it would be good to hear if
>someone else does.
>
> You're not using Visual Source Safe? That has problems with A2003 SP3.
>
> If this applies to specific form(s) but generally not others, there's a
> fairly good chance that the form is partially corrupt. You might try
> rescuing the original database (i.e. the one you are copying from):
>
> 1. Make a backup copy of the MDB in case something goes wrong.
>
> 2. Make sure you have te Name AutoCorrect boxes unchecked under:
>    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
> Explanation of why:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> 3. Compact the database:
>    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair
>
> 4. Decompile by entering something like this at the command prompt while
> Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
>    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
>        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"
>
> 5. Open the form's module, and copy all the code out to Notepad. Close the
> module. In form design view, set the form's Has Module property to No.
> Answer Yes to the confirmation dialog about losing the code. Save the
> form.
>
> 6. Compact the database again.
>
> 7. Export the suspect form to a text file, using the undocumented
> SaveAsText. Something like this:
>    SaveAsText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"
>
> 8. Delete the suspect form.
>
> 9. Compact again.
>
> 10. Get Access to recreate the supsect from from the text file:
>    LoadFromText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"
>
> 11. Open the form's module, and paste in the text you saved at step 5.
>
> 12. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
>
> Now see if the form will import into your other database correctly.

> "Goos van Beek" <goosvanbeek001@ollehc.ln> wrote in message
>>I have the following peculiar problem. When I import my database objects
>>into a new database there are some forms which are not imported complete.
>>The import completes without errors.
>> Those 'problem' forms are visible in the database window, and the VBA
>> code is also present. Only the actual form object is missing. It is not
>> possible to open the form, even not in the design mode.
>> When I import those forms again there are no problems and the forms can
>> be opened without problem.
>>
>> Exporting the forms from the source database (with an add-in / VBA code)
>> causes no problem.
>>
>> I use Access 2003 SP3.
>>
>> Does this sounds familiar to anyone?

0
Goos
10/21/2007 8:03:57 AM
Thanks for posting the solution.

Looks like another one goes down to Name AutoCorrupt.

> [...]
>>    LoadFromText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"
>>
>> 11. Open the form's module, and paste in the text you saved at step 5.
>>
>> 12. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
>>
>> Now see if the form will import into your other database correctly.
>>
>> "Goos van Beek" <goosvanbeek001@ollehc.ln> wrote in message
>>>I have the following peculiar problem. When I import my database objects
>>>into a new database there are some forms which are not imported complete.
>>>The import completes without errors.
>>> Those 'problem' forms are visible in the database window, and the VBA
>>> code is also present. Only the actual form object is missing. It is not
>>> possible to open the form, even not in the design mode.
>>> When I import those forms again there are no problems and the forms can
>>> be opened without problem.
>>>
>>> Exporting the forms from the source database (with an add-in / VBA code)

10/21/2007 9:17:53 AM
The least I could do, thanks again :-)

> [...]
>>>        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"
>>>
>>> 5. Open the form's module, and copy all the code out to Notepad. Close
>>> the module. In form design view, set the form's Has Module property to
>>> No. Answer Yes to the confirmation dialog about losing the code. Save
>>> the form.
>>>
>>> 6. Compact the database again.
>>>
>>> 7. Export the suspect form to a text file, using the undocumented
>>> SaveAsText. Something like this:
>>>    SaveAsText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"
>>>
>>> 8. Delete the suspect form.
>>>
>>> 9. Compact again.
>>>
>>> 10. Get Access to recreate the supsect from from the text file:
>>>    LoadFromText acForm, "Form1", "C:\Form1.txt"
>>>
>>> 11. Open the form's module, and paste in the text you saved at step 5.
>>>
>>> 12. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
>>>
>>> Now see if the form will import into your other database correctly.

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

New mail notification should not show a red flag
When I receive new mail notification, the little box shows a red flag and a high priority status symbol. When I go to outlook, neither are true for the email. New mail should only show those if it is true ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

New Opportunity Product (Error on Page)
We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button "New Opportunity Product" on the Products page of the Opportunity module the only thing we get is an "Error on Page" in the bottom left-hand corner. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, any idea(s) how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Do you have a Price list and matching currency associated to the Opportunity? do you have any javascript running on the Opportunity or Opportunity Product? "Tim" wrote: > We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button &g...

Restore Exchange5.5 to other server failing
This is to do with a Disaster Recovery Plan I am putting together. I need to get the mail restored to another server but having some problems. I have created another server - not on the network - with the same details as our mail server; Win2k SP4 Domain Controller BrightStor V11 Exchange5.5 SP3 (however, the 'real' one had SP4) Same Server name Same Domain name Same Organisation Same Site I merged the tape, restore by tree, restore to same location, Agent Options for Directory and Information Store were; 'erase all data before restoring' and 'start services after re...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Add new master to stencil with VB .NET
Hi folks, I have created a Ribbon-Add-In for Microsoft Visio with Visual Studio 2010 and I really like doing this so far, but I have one major problem that I can't get over. I try to dynamically change the stencil by reacting to events like ShapeAdded. I managed to delete a master from the stencil by doing something like this: vsoMaster.Delete() However, if I want to add a new master to an empty stencil (after all masters have been deleted) I do this: Dim vMaster = vsApplication.Documents.Item("test.vss").Masters.Add() This produces an empty master in the stencil. Now, if I...

Move Public Fldr DB to new Storage Group
Hi, I'm hoping that I can do this.... When our new Exchange 2007 server was set up, the public folder database was left in the default first storage group. As we're evolving with this installation, we see a need to move the public folder database to a different storage group. Some things I've read lead me to beleive that it may not be possible. So I have 2 questions: 1) Is it possible to move the public folder database to another storage group? and 2) If it is possible, how? TIA Chris On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:17:02 -0700, CCerer <CCerer@discussions.microsoft.c...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

create a new formula?
I am using the nested functions below "=if(vlookup(1, GRID, 3,false) = 0, (1, GRID, 4, false), (1, GRID, 3, false))" i.e for the row with the digit one in its first column return the value in the third column else if empty return the value in the fourth column. my problem is i am repeatedly using the line above exactly only changing the value i am searching for (1 in this case )) so ideally i'd like to do something like define myformula(X) = if(vlookup(X, GRID, 3,false) = 0, (X, GRID, 4, false), (X, GRID, 3, false)) is this possible????????? Assuming that the third ...

MSG: No more new fonts may be added to this workbook
I get the above message while I'm working with my excel 2002 file. It's a big file with lots of charts. When I copy and paste a chart I get the above message and the program locks (although I can usually save and re-open). But I don't understand what this message means. Can anyone help? I'm not too fussy about formatting and have tried clearing formats etc. but it only buys me a couple more charts to add. Thanks, Dan As answered in .charting -- Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMA...

importing email

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...