Hello. I have this formula loaded from a text field on a form:
val([field10])+val([field20]) and I would like to use this as a code formula.
I mean, if I use that in VBA code it works, but If I load from a text field
it doesn't work.

I need that my form use that formula stored in a text field to calculate
values.

Regards in advance,
Marco

Take a look at the Eval() function.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have this formula loaded from a text field on a form:
> val([field10])+val([field20]) and I would like to use this as a code
> formula.
> I mean, if I use that in VBA code it works, but If I load from a text
> field
> it doesn't work.
>
> I need that my form use that formula stored in a text field to calculate
> values.
>
> Regards in advance,
> Marco

0
Jeff

Post code & Suburbs
Hello Everyone An u please suggest a formula to solve this problem post code Suburb formula Result required 4034 Aspley post code Suburbs 4034 Geebung 4034 Aspley, Geebung, Zillmere 4034 Zilllmere 4035 Beachmere, Cannonhill 4035 Beachmere 4035 Cannonhill so forth Document contains list of postcodes & suburbs Can u please suggest a formula to concatenate the above Thanks varun Can anyone please help with this problem..need a formula thanks varun "varun" wrote: > Hello Everyone > > An u please suggest a formula to solve this problem > > post code Su...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Paste as text not HTML
In WOrd 2007 one can FINALLY paste info from a web page as text as the default, not as HTML. Is this available in Excel 2007? I can't find it. -- Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations ...

Formula Syntax
Hi Excel Forum, I believe the following formulas all find the MINIMUM value that is NO = zero (<>0) and produce the same results. I am unsure of their syntax Can you explain the syntax of the following formulas and th differences between them: =MIN(IF(A1:A20,A1:A20)) =MIN(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) =MIN(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20,"")) How does the first formula work and, if there is a zero 0 avoi returning a zero 0 without mentioning NOT = zero <>0? what are the quotation marks for and what do they do? When would it be preferable to use one syntax rather than anoth...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Formula staying as a formula in a cell?
Does anyone know why a formula stays a formula in a cell? I know that using the aspostrophe makes it like a string, like '=blah+blah, but this one doesn't...I even have made the cell General and made sure that calculate automatic was selected. This thing is driving me nuts. Any suggestions??? You can't just format the cell as general if it was text to start with. You need to format as general AND then hit F2 and then enter. the other possibility is that you have the Formulas view turned on in Tools / Options / View Tab / Uncheck Show Formulas in Window options. Ideally you...

how do you Create flashing Text
I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to flash or blink. How do I do this? Ask this here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lukieguy22" <lukieguy22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E40D83D-8E98-40A7-ABE1-94307073C79E@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to > flash ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

Return only a portion of text
i have the following column which contains user names GIDS/Martin GIDS/Alex I'd like to take out the GIDS/ portion of the text and only return the name at the end. Thanks for any help. On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:36:06 -0700, Qaspec <Qaspec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have the following column which contains user names > >GIDS/Martin >GIDS/Alex > >I'd like to take out the GIDS/ portion of the text and only return the name >at the end. Thanks for any help. As in: DECLARE @str varchar(100) SET @str = 'GIDS/Martin' ...