How to perform sum sum sum...

How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not
unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in
the same table...

EMILYTAN

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 05:28:12 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com"
<u33296@uwe> wrote:

>How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not
>unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in
>the same table...

Group By the item.

For a more detailed answer, please post a more detailed question (with a
description of your table).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/17/2007 5:52:53 AM
ok...i create 2 table
First table :- item number and total qty
second table:- item number, in qty and out qty

I created main form using the first table and then use second table to become
the subform.
Which means each subform will display only the related item according to the
item number.
This means each item can have in and out many time (in and out products).
Now i want to sum up the total qty just for that particular item number.
For example Mr A key in 6 qty for Item A.
Then Mr B key in another 10 qty for item A.
So, i need a textbox to sum up the 16 qty. The sum will remain there forever
and will keep increasing....
Can help?
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not
>>unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in
>>the same table...
>
>Group By the item.
>
>For a more detailed answer, please post a more detailed question (with a
>description of your table).
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

EMILYTAN

"logical sum" problem
Hi, I have to do some "logical sum" calculations. I used the excel add-in to test it. It worked. Here is the exact formula the add-in put in the cell: {=SUM(IF($A$2:$A$5744="A";IF($B$2:$B$5744=4;1;0);0))} For info: The result is 24 When I click on the cell (without even changing something) and exit the cell editing, the formula doesn't work anymore, the "brackets {}" disappear. The formula looks like this now: =SUM(IF($A$2:$A$5744="A";IF($B$2:$B$5744=4;1;0);0)) The result is 0 now??? My problem is that I have to this about 24x88 times, so would ...

Using Sum in Filters
Is it possible to quickly do a sum of displayed cells in a filtered column without including the hidden cells? Thanx You can use the Subtotal function -- there are instructions in Excel's help files, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#Filter Nolan wrote: > Is it possible to quickly do a sum of displayed cells in a > filtered column without including the hidden cells? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Performance and sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats
We have a procedure that collects fragmentation data before re- indexing a production database. On two separate occasions, when executing 'sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats', users have reported timeout issues. The mode is 'LIMITED' Thanks in advance. You need to do more investigation. 1) was there blocking that caused the timeouts? 2) do a fileIO and waitstats analysis during execution (and when it is NOT executing for comparison) to see where the actual problem is if it is not blocking. 3) do you get timeouts when this is not running? -- Kevin G....

Sales Figures and performance
Newby looking for help. Trying to format spreadsheet so that data entered in ENTRY worksheet can be dispursed to sheets 1,2,3. Have the workbook working now with MAIN worksheet but data entry ungainly as ultimately there will be 40 to 50 sales people. I have to work with just these three #'s (YTD Sales,YTD Paid's, YTD Cancels) they are updated weekly, but I am looking for weekly sales figures. Is this possible? Have bought Book on VBA programing but company does not like macros. See your other post - assume you tried posting a number of times to get the attachment to load. ...

Sum across sheets
I would like to sum yes/no responses for individuals across multiple sheets. - 10 identical sheets -Column A header is Name -Drop down with a list of names to select -Column B header is Yes -Input is “x” or blank -Column C header is No -Input is “x” or blank For example: If Pat Jones is selected in Sheet 1, return the number of yes or no responses in a separate summary sheet for Pat Jones If Steve Smith is selected in Sheet 2, return the number of yes or no responses in a separate summary sheet for Steve Smith. If Steve Smith is selected in Sheet 3, ...

Auto Sum #2
I'm new to Google Worksheets. Where is the 'auto sum' function? I need to add up columns of numbers.Thanks, I'm not sure why you'd be asking about Google Worksheets in a newsgroup dedicated to Microsoft Excel... AFAIK (I haven't used Google Spreadsheets much), there is no AutoSum feature in *that* application. But I could be wrong - you might try Google's Help feature... In article <1180283785.825996.100670@p47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, "Hollins3@googlemail.com" <Hollins3@googlemail.com> wrote: > I'm new to Google Worksheets....

solution: how to sum/add a column pasted from internet
Numbers pasted from online bank statements often have a space character in front of the number values -- as though someone had hit the space bar in each cell before typing the number. You have to get rid of the spaces. You can either manually delete each extra space at the front of the number, or, paste the numbers into Word, and do a Find & Replace All for the space, so that all the spaces are removed (a function I couldn't find in Excel). Once the spaces are gone, your problem should be solved. Did you try the TRIM Function to get rid of leading and trailing spaces? =TRIM(A1) wil...

Slow performance for some users but not others
We recently went live with a Dynamics GP 10.0 SP4 installation on a Windows Server 2003 terminal server. For some users, the application runs fine. For other users, it can take several minutes to even get to the point of logging into GP. We have ran process explorer and the CPU is not being pegged out and there is plenty of memory. Using process explorer, we can watch the threads that Dynamics.exe creates and it seems to stall at Ole32.dll!CoRegisterChannelHook+0x518 The stack for that thread stalls at Kernel32.dll!GetModuleHandleA+0xdf Does anyone have any ideas wh...

Help with If Sum statement
Hi, I need to be able to do the following but i can not quite arrange the formula corectly.... I have one sheet that has all the weeks in coulumns (for a project). In another sheet i have this A B C D E Analysis Task 3 12/04/2010 14/04/2010 Task 5 15/04/2010 21/04/2010 Task 3 22/04/2010 26/04/2010 Task 10 27/04/2010 10/05/2010 Task 6 11/05/2010 18/05/2010 Analysis Task 2 11/05/2010 12/05/2010 Develop Task 4 13/05/2010 18/05/2010 Task 3.5 13/05/2010 18/05/2010 Analysis Task 1 13/05/2010 13/05/2010 Develop Task 2.5 14/05/2010 18/05/2010 Task 5.8 1...

Look up value according to Mapping and Sum up values
I have two reports connected by mapping sheets. I need a macro to abstract values from report 1 to report 2 according to mapping sheets. Sometime, the values have to sum up if the particular items is mapping to same items. In addition, Group A in report 1 location could be different from Group A location in report 2. I try to use index function and it didn't work out well. I know this is little challenge and I have tried many different ways and didn't work out well. I appreciate any help and any idea about how to do it. Thank you very much. Please see my little sample data for more in...

Return values from a list that sum to a known value
Is it possible to return values from a list that sum to a known product, for example: 10 1 2 7 6 9 The returned list would be 9,1 and 7,2,1. Thanks. ...

automatically adjust sum to include top row (added)
I used to know how to this, but can not remember. I have a worksheet where a row is added to the top of a list of rows when a macro is run. There is a sum row at the bottom of the list of rows. How do I set it up so that the newly added row is included in the sum? Thanks! Try this... Let's assume your current formula looks like this: =SUM(A1:A10) Use this: =SUM(INDIRECT("A1"):A10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:285FCF5C-A56C-419D-8301-1DE47CCAD985@microsoft.com... >I used to know how to this, ...

Performance Slowdown & Bottlenecks
I've got MS Money Premium 2004, and I cannot even move the window around without the CPU usage going up to 100%. The associated programs "mis.exe" and "misuser,exe" are also a major resource hog. Does anyone know if this pain in the neck goes away when one upgrades? What's the most important component to upgrade? I am running on W2K with a 700 MHz Pentium-something & 128 MB RAM. Thank you, Gerard By most all accounts M05 is worse than M04. For a W2K machine running 12* MB? Memory. But it won't solve everything, especially not the 700 MHz CPU. "G...

Check if date is between two dates, then sum only those rows
I have tab1 with begin date in column A, end date in column B. Basically they are weeks, Mon-Sun (e.g. 01/04/2010 and 01/10/2010 in A/B resp.). Tab2 has data I'd like to count and sum. The transaction date is in column B. I want to sum tab2 column G (and a few other columns). Tab2 will be dynamic as I add records to it. Tab1 remains static with each week comprising one row. -- streetcar The best tool for it is a pivot table. Put in your layaut col A & B in row section, col G in Data section (double click to change it to sum - "sumarize by") Click yes...

Sum of all even and odd numbers between two columns
I have column "A," and "B," with random numbers listed. I need a formula to add just the even numbers in column "A," and all the odd numbers in column "B." I.E.(Range A1:A10 & B1:B10) Help! Oz One way Put in C1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A10,2)=0),A1:A10) (add even numbers in col A) Put in D1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(B1:B10,2)=1),B1:B10) (add odd numbers in col B) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13BA...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

Show sum field based on dates select on form
I have created a query which shows the total hours for each day. QueryName: TotalHours FieldNames: DateRec Hours I want to create a form whereby my user can select a begin date and end date, either from a drop down list or calendar, then have a text box that shows the sum of hours between the 2 dates selected. i.e. Begin date: 01/11/07 End Date: 10/11/07 Total Hours: 24 Any help given is much appreciated. Try this as criteria on your DateRec field -- Between [Forms]![YourFormName]![BeginDateListBoxName] AND [Forms]![YourFormName]![EndDateListBoxName] --...

Resource Mailbox
Hi there, Could anybody let me know if there are limits on the number of simultaneous users that can access a single Exchange 2000 mailbox. I have just started admining a new server and there are performance problems (serious lag) on a mailbox where 50 users simultaneously access a 1.5Gig mailbox. 35 users access via a 10Mbit LAN and 15 others via a single 2Mbit symetrical WAN connection. Given that none of the other 150 other users on the server are experiencing slowdown and that the load on the server is only about 10% is this to be expected? Or is there anything in the way of performance...

Hide closed investments on Home Page Investment Summary and Best and Worst Performers
How do I hide my closed/sold investments in the Home Page Investment Summary and Best and Worst Performers blocks? I would prefer that these blocks reflect only my current/open investments. Is there any way to do that? Thanks to all! Chuck, I having the same problem. Did you find any solutions yet? Hopefully? "Chuck Leven" wrote: > How do I hide my closed/sold investments in the Home Page Investment Summary > and Best and Worst Performers blocks? I would prefer that these blocks > reflect only my current/open investments. Is there any way to do that? > Th...

Autogroup then sum
This is what I would like to do, if possible: Sum the values of column B that correspond with a set of unique row entries in column A. The sum should go on the first of the unique set rows in Column C. But, for example... Column A: Apples Apples Apples Oranges Oranges Oranges Pears Column B: 2 3 2 2 2 2 2 Column C: 7 - - 6 - - 2 I found instructions on how to do something similar (http://tipsforspreadsheets.com/microsoft_excel_2003_function_0027.html), but it requires that you type the different things in column A into the formula. I want excel to ...

Conditional sum based on rank
Can anyone help with the following, or direct me to a good source of solution info! I'm recording positions for a race league, where competitors may race in up to 12 races and score points for each race, with the best 8 results counting. How can I conditionally sum the best eight results, without including ties? Many thanks MikeB This will no doubt help you. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm "Mike B" <loudcox@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:br93n2$ik2$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk... > Can anyone help with the following, or direct me to a good source of > solut...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

How to Sum time values together correctly
Ok, Imagine Column A: let's that's in there, Row info.. starts at A:2 0:10 0:06 0:25 0:45 2:01 0:30 0:05 0:05 0:12 0:06 0:40 2:00 0:26 0:15 0:15 2:20 2:50 0:05 0:19 0:59 0:11 ends at A:22 So, 0:11 represents 11 minutes, 60 in an hour.. under 0:11 that is a formula that sums it up =SUM(A2:A22) for this example... the rows that contain the time, how should that be formatted ? and row A23 that holds the formula, how should that be formatted.. and If Available hours is 37.5 (15 minute breaks already deducted) 1. I want to add those times correctly 2. Let's say in B22, I ha...

How do I sum a column based on another column
I am trying to sum grades for a class. When recording the grades I have a grade for in class and one for homework so the column headings alternate between the date, HW(for homework) and a possible column for projects. I want to total each of the three types of grades seperately so I need to use the column heading to determine if the column is added and it is fine for the HW and project columns but I want to write the equation so that the in class grade is added if the heading is a date. I hope this makes sense. Hi, You could use the fact that dates (column headings for InClass grade...

progressive sum query
dear brothers / sisters. im looking for the query like this for my accounting database exactly my need is like an bank account deposits in which deposits will be individual(groupby) ,but the sum of the deposits will be like the (groupby) of progrssive sum of deposits . for eg, TABLE 1 account holder account address TABLE 2 accountnumber deposit withdrawl query: groupby(accountnumber,accountholder,deposit,withdrawl),progressivesum(groupby(deposit)),progressivesum(groupby(withdrawl)),and finally accountbalence. sorry for im not being clear. it looks like [deposit] 100 ,200,300 ...