How to perform sum sum sum...

How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not
unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in
the same table...

EMILYTAN

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 05:28:12 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com"
<u33296@uwe> wrote:

>How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not
>unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in
>the same table...

Group By the item.

For a more detailed answer, please post a more detailed question (with a
description of your table).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/17/2007 5:52:53 AM
ok...i create 2 table
First table :- item number and total qty
second table:- item number, in qty and out qty

I created main form using the first table and then use second table to become
the subform.
Which means each subform will display only the related item according to the
item number.
This means each item can have in and out many time (in and out products).
Now i want to sum up the total qty just for that particular item number.
For example Mr A key in 6 qty for Item A.
Then Mr B key in another 10 qty for item A.
So, i need a textbox to sum up the 16 qty. The sum will remain there forever
and will keep increasing....
Can help?
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not
>>unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in
>>the same table...
>
>Group By the item.
>
>For a more detailed answer, please post a more detailed question (with a
>description of your table).
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

EMILYTAN

How to sum half day, in the WORKDAY function?
Is there a possibility to sum hours to the workday function?! Ex: 10/11/2004 12:00AM +1.5 (one and a half day) = 10/12/2004 12:00PM is it possible?! Hi try =WORKDAY(A1,1)+0.5/24 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Anderson" <Anderson@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:809BCD06-3D73-45B2-854D-87529E0468E4@microsoft.com... > Is there a possibility to sum hours to the workday function?! > Ex: > 10/11/2004 12:00AM > +1.5 (one and a half day) > = 10/12/2004 12:00PM > > is it possible?! Yes. To learn all about calculating with da...

performances
performances Hi, I am writing c++ application in vc++ 6 the application use a lot of cpu processing (math calculations), I am running the application on Win-XP, p-4 2.8 HT! What is the best way to compile my application so it will run faster? What are the best ways to write or build my application for faster running? What i the different betwine processor type Blend* inn the C/C++ tab of the project setting and the other option??? Thanks! "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eY8jUE38EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > performances > > Hi, > I am wr...

sum array not calculating properly
Hi, I'm using the array formula below in a cell. {=SUM((B2:B192="Salo, Steve")*(J2:J192>0))} It works well in columns where there are data that meet the criteria, but in this column J where there are none with values above 0, it counts all the cells, in this case 29. Some are empty, most have negative values, none are positive. So it should result in a 0, but instead it results in a 29, the same number of rows that have Steve Salo's name in column B. Thanks for any ideas how to get this to read 0 instead of 29. Harold Is calculation set for automatic? Tools|Op...

vba macro to perform custom reporting -transpose from rows to columns
I have one workbook and two sheets 1 sheet has data for automated test scenarios that may be run up to 3 time if they don't pass on the first or second try Sheet1: TestSet Test Result reason if failed 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail x 4 fail y 4 fail z I want to create a summary report that looks like Sheet2 for the Sheet1 logs above test run1 result test run2 result test run 3result Sheet2 Testset result1 result2 result3 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail fail fail So if a testset is executed more ...

Business Contact Manager, performance sacrifices?
I'm hoping we can all learn a little about Business Contact Manager... After some initial difficulties that were resolved by 1.5 hours with Microsoft and some great ideas from Patricia Cardoza's new book, I've got Business Contact Manager running smoothly. That's a good thing because I provide support and training in Outlook to clients and want to be able to recommend this new add-on. But is it ready to recommend? Here are two things that seriously bother me: my contacts take so much longer to load and sort. Searching from the "Find a Contact" box formerly t...

KB for Performance Optimizer trouble
In the process of moving EDB files from a crashed server to a new server built with same name, etc, but different platform (from NT to W2K Sp4) I found the Performance Optimizer would not allow me to move files to different volumes. A quick google search showed because of SP4 I needed to contact Microsoft for the patch but when I called they said I needed the KB article and I searched and searched and even none of the 'MVP' replies saying 'contact microsoft' had the KB number. After having the MS rep hold the line while I was scouring google and retrying the process to get the ...

Sum of 3 nos. into 1 cell in another sheet relevant to specific da
I have the following sample sheet: W/C 12/09 Total Loads Total Cases Failure Loads Failure Cases 12-Sep 13-Sep 14-Sep 15-Sep 16-Sep 0 0 0 0 Having had some fantastic and much appreciated help on the Failure Loads column, it now seems that the Failure Cases column is to be looked at also. The above is my 2nd sheet in a workbook, with a 1st sheet containing the core data. Basically this 2nd sheet is summarising the data entered onto the 1st sheet. 1st sheet is as follows: Column B = date Column C = load Column H = cases per date/load entry So far I have come up with the f...

Perform function...if?
Hi I have a workbook that I'm continually adding data to daily. and I also have another workbook that I want to perform calculations, but I only want the calculations performed IF there is data in the first workbook... Here are the two formulas the way they are now... ='Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25 ='Stock Return Data'!J24-'Tax Data'!A14 How can I tell both these functions, to only perform if there is data on the original worksheet? Thanks, Confused Man Hi try =IF('Stock Return Data'!J24<>"",'Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25,"&...

E2K3 Performance
My E2K3 server is having an occasional lag time in processing and would like some ideas on where to look at improving performance. 2.4 Xeon processor 1.3 Gb RAM Lot's of disk space Page Files are c: 1920 - 4096 and d: the same (seems incorrect, maybe should be static value?) When checking the running system, CPU is at 4% and pagefile is at 1.64 Gb. It's a low use server, less than 100 mailboxes and a backend to OWA out front. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. ...

iesample performance in CEPC is slow
I have created a CEPC by using Wince 6 and when i browse INTERNET the speed is very slow with compare to standard Windows 7 running X86 machine. (The test carried out in the same machine) . For both case i use the Internet Explorer to browse the net. Is there any method to improve the performance of IE sample browser. Huh? What hardware are you comparing to what hardware? You don't seriously expect a Windows 7 dual-core 3.3GHz processor running 4GB of RAM with a high-performance display chip/driver to be comparable to a 900MHz ATOM processor with 256MB of RAM and a VGA F...

Sum for column containing colons (:)
I am trying to add a column of numbers with colons in them. They are call minutes in a cell phone bill such as 6:00, 12:00, etc. When I use the SUM formula, I get an error "the formula you typed contains an error". How can I add this column to get total minutes of usage? Don What formula do you use? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "/CD/" <opf2phl@NOThome.com> wrote in message news:eK80xop3DHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am trying to add a column of numbers with colons in them. They are call > minutes in a cell phone bill such as ...

Excel performance slowly
Dear All, We have a license for MS office XP professional but anybody have a problem like us. It's very slow in network when we use a icon tools bar or pooldown menu function. We upgrade our Office XP version to service pack 3 ready. Some computers in our factory have a problem like slowly but some have not. We does not know how to solve this problem. Best Regards, Songphan C. IT Manager MPO ASIA Co.,LTD. songphan@mpoasia.com Hi only some general ideas: - clear the temp directory, reboot and try again - virus scanner could cause this behaviour -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, ...

Perform
Hi; I want to implement a Special Upgrade against one of my company database (I have 16 company database) but I received the error while doing upgrade. I need to run Perform Special Upgrade because I found that one of the stored procedure is not there "glpCreatePostingActivity" on a new created company. I found a red "X" on the company selection in Great Plains Utility. How to fix? ...

finding values in a sum
if you have an array of numbers and want to identify which of those numbers add up to a specified value, is there a function in excel that can help you to find the correct combination of numbers. eg in a simple example; if the array of numbers was 2,3,5,6 and the specified value was 9, we know the only combination of numbers from this array that would sum to give the value 9 are 6 & 3, however with a larger array of numbers (20) or more, it would be more difficult solve the problem manually. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e3iWLUiYDHA.2960%40tk2msftngp13.phx. gbl See my previo...

query performance inconsistence
I put a query on two seperate query windows and both connect to the same SQL server. I ran it individually. One is running less than 3 secs and the other one is taking > 20 secs. The execution plan is a bit different. The obvious different one in the execution plan is that the one that is running faster is using parallism. The confusion part for me is that it is the same query running on the same server but on two different connections. Can this be possible? I am very puzzled. The server is running SQL 2005 sp3 std. od -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://...

Performance down
In Microsoft Outlook 2002, I tried the journalling and the performance went down drastically. Just to open or preview a single mail message of hardly 1 KB it consumes 4 to 5 seconds. The same situation continues even after removing the auto-journalling. I am totally frustrated as it takes 15 to 30 mins just to browse through 20 mails every morning. Can someone help me out to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance. ...

Report Sum/If Statement
I have a report that I am writing that will be summing footer sections with twist. I want to have the sum function state "0" if the days outstanding is greater than 2. However, if the days outstanding is less than or equal to 2 I want the report to sum the count. The formula that I am using is: =IIf([WU Day Count]>2,0,Sum([CountOfENTRY_NUM1])) This is working great if there is only a single line to add on either side (>2 or <=2) or if there are no instances of records >2 days, however if there are multiple lines where the days outstanding could be a number of days (...

You dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
In Outlook 2003 when I click on send and recieve it gaves me following error message: "You dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation." Please help Try checking the properties of the following files: outlook.srs, outlook.dat and views.dat. These files are located in: c:\document & settings\<Username>\application data\microsoft\outlook see if those files are set to read-only and, if they are, remove the read-only attribute. Post back on the outcome. "Khalid" <Khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53719C3A-BBDC-47EE-...

Serialization performance
We're seeing long load (and save) times when serializing MFC object collections. As an example, a 6MB file is taking 30secs to load on a fast machine and we're wondering what sort of tricks were available to optimize this. Details are below. We're using an MFC typed ptr array, declared inside our collection class as shown below. >>> template<class T> class CMyCollection { public: CTypedPtrArray <CObArray, T*> array; }; <<< To load the collection, we're calling the Serialize method of the typed ptr array as shown below....

summing cells based on "like" value and cell color
Is there a way to look at a column and if the cell begins with 01,02,03....98 and the cell color is either yellow or pink to sum those just those cells? So what I'd like to do is sum all the cells starting with 01 that the cell background is yellow, then sum all the cells starting with 01 that the cell background is pink? Any help would be greatly appreciated. You will need VBA to count by colour. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <banderson@nwws.biz> wrote in message news:1157548360...

Poor performance after RMS 2.0 upgrade?
I recently upgraded my enterpirse to RMS 2.0. Some of my shops have a single register hosting the database and running Store Ops (and HQ client). At these shops, i'm experiencing VERY slow performance. Doing a 'set customer' takes maybe 30 seconds (about 50,000 customers in the database). These machines are 1ghz, 512MB. My best guess is that its the SQL 2005 Express sucking a lot of RAM where we didn't have as much trouble with 1.3 and MSDE where performance was fine. Anyone else running into this problem? At one site I have a dedicated SQL server I can move the RMS ...

Setting default pivot table field setting to "sum"
When I drag fields into a pivot table, the field setting is automatically set to "count". Is there a way to change this to default to "sum" so I don't have to go into the Field Settings... dialog for every single blasted column of my pivot table? Thanks. If the fields you are adding are numeric the default is SUM, COUNT is the default for text. Are the columns you add empty (blanks), that is probably seen as text thus COUNT and there is no way AFAIK to change the default Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mr. Moose" wrote: > When I drag fields into a pivot t...

"Sum of" in column heading in pivot table
When I move a column titled January into a column area of a pivottable the title says "sum of January". I cannot change it to "January" without an error "pivottable field name already exists". Yet if apply an autoformat to it the lable says "January". How can I format manually so the label does not includ "sum of" Include a space at the end, or a period, i.e. January. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:25:02 -0700, Gary Rowe <GaryRowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I move a column titled January into a column area of a pivottabl...

Ram performance
Hi, I am using laptop with core 2 duo 2ghz intel processor with 2gb ram. I have a couple of question about RAM performance. Though having 2GB RAM why paging of file is used in task manager? if no application is running then system should not use paging, right? When I use virtual machines system becomes very slow and processor starts working very fast, does it mean the system requires more RAM for virtual machines? Pls advice Thanks in advance Regards, Aniruddha Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice JavaScript - IFRAME Forms IE/NS http://www.eggh...

Charting Investment Management Performance Versus Peers
Does anyone know how to create a combo floating/stacked bar chart in Excel, like this: http://www.pertrac2000.com/images/peerchart.gif Thank you. Thank you so much, Max. "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eGLwOljaDHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Try MVP Jon Peltier's "Stacked Column Charts that Cross the X Axis" at: > http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/StackedColumnsAboveAndBelow > .html Thank you so much, Max. //tim you're welcome, Tim! ...