How to auto fill fields on subform from data on main form?

To all,

I have a Main form with multiple tabs, the form is for employee
information, one of the tabs a has a subform where I'll record the
names of the employees children if he/she has any.

The subform will work if I make the datasheet use a lookup to the
employee table, but then I have to select the employee each time I
want to add a record in the children subform.  I changed the children
table to not use the lookup to clerks on the employee name.

I had the subform working, (by working I mean, I manualy had to select
the employee from the lookup)  but I had the subform select the
employee using a lookup to the Clerks table.

Since this is a subform, I'd like to have the EmployeeName in the
subform set automatically to the Clerks.Name field from the main
form.  I've searched and read many articles but can't get it to work.

I read an article that mentioned that if I set the link master/child
to the corresponding fields, this would work.  I have set the fields
Clerk.Name = Children.EmployeeName, but when I go into the subform,
the Children.EmployeeName is not set automatically with the contents
of the Clerk.Name field, actually it reads as "frmClerks" (this is the
name of the main form).

Some background info for you.

Employee table fields:

Clerks Table has:
Name as text, here is where I store the employee name
Children as Yes/No

Children Table has:
ChildId as AutoNumber
EmployeeName as text
ChildName
ChildBirthDate

I have a one to many relationship for these two tables, tied by the
Name - EmployeeName fields.

If I'm confusing, sorry, I know this is long, but I'm stuck.

TIA
Twice300

0
WhoCares

Auto Filter problem

Creating linked fields
How can I create a linked field eg I have Account no in General tab and I create another tab which requires the same Account no to be present basically its the same field in the database so in the tabs it projects the same data ! when typed in the General tab ! It is not possible to have the same field displayed on more than one tab with the current version of the product. I am not sure if it is going to be possible to do this in V2. Anyone know? Guy. "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7EE8552-C4F2-4143-A4C6-B9268C4CF4C9@microsoft.com... &g...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Calc Field to list invoices paid by same check on one line of repo
Hi I have a customer who wanted a check dump file to send to their bank. Once the bank receives the file (in txt or tab delimited), they will use the infomration to actually print the checks for the customer. (This is not a positive pay file situation.) I was able to take one of the check forms and modify it to get all the data required by the bank. I am running into a snafu with getting it down to one line per check with multiple invoices listed one one line. It is listing the total check and one line per each invoice paid by the check: Example: Ck 2345 for $800.00 -...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Access 1.1 Data Base Migration to Access 2002
I have an older IBM Activa running Access 1.1 under Win 95, with a single 10 columns x 950 records table. I also have a new Dell running XP and XP Professional. There is no physical connection between the two PCs. I am told by Microsoft Support that only Access 97 (release 8.0), and later, are suported by Access 2002. I really do not want to retype all that data for this wine cellar inventory! If I could get a copy of the Access 97 upgrade CD, I could upgrade the old 1.1 to 8.0, and then migrate the file to Access 2002 on the Dell. I would then kill the old Access, return the C...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Extracting data from workbooks. Help.
hello I have a situation where there are several workbooks, of variable name, contained within a folder on my hard drive. I have a master workbook in a folder higher up the same directory tree that I want to use to gather information from the other workbooks of variable names. The cell, A1, that I am interested in is on sheet "OnCall" in each of the workbooks of variable name. Is there any way that I can open the master workbook and then automatically extract the data from cell A1 in each of the other variable name workbooks? I hope that as clearer than mud? hopefully Tom Here&...

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Data validation with a cell value linked to the same cell.
I Think that my post name is very confusing but I'll explain. I�m doing a data validation in cell f1 usig the data validation option the value entered in cell f1 need to be equal or greatter than th value in cell b2 and cell b2 is calculated with the formula =a2+c4-f1. What I'm trying to do is to prevent to enter a value in cell f1 tha I'll make cell b2 negative. But its not working, any suggetsions??? Thanks. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Change your CF criterion to Formula is = F1 <= (A2+C4) In article <rodolform.161w07@excelforum-n...

Deleting Data
I could really use some help here. I need to delete data without deleting formulas. I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis. I would like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like "clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats. Thanks Joel jnmobley@att.net Joel Select a cell on the sheet and go to Edit>Go to...>Special>Constants and press the delete button -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote in ...

does anyone know how to expand the field on an axis
Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the field' is unclear. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Theresa" <Theresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A4BA3F9-109C-4F05-9615-97293C99C627@microsoft.com... > I am trying to add more fields to my x axis than the 7 allowed. My chart is short fields needed, it is almost as if I need a secondary axis but I am not using a pivot chart. All the information appears on the chart blank because I am not able to load the info...

Outlook Data files???
When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no files shown. Shouldn't there be a/some pst files here? It depends on whether you have created .pst files in the default location or some other location. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jackson asked: | When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no fi...

Auto-Alphabetize