how do you get a form to link to a datasheet that you created

ok here is my problem. I created a form from scratch. I gave off labels and
text boxes with list boxes, and so forth. Basically I used all of these
different things. So now I am trying to link my form to the database I
created but it will not link, and because I created the form from scratch it
says that it is unrelated. I am new to all of this and was wondering if
anyone can tell me what code I am missing, or what I am forgetting. Thank you
for taking the time to read this.

As you are new to this, I am going to suggest that you use the form wizard
to create that form with subform.
To do this successfully would require 2 different tables that are related 1
to many.
If you post the names of your 2 tables, their primay keys and how the 2
tables are related, we can check out if it is possible to create a form and
subform from these 2 tables.

"anewbornman" <anewbornman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok here is my problem. I created a form from scratch. I gave off labels
> and
> text boxes with list boxes, and so forth. Basically I used all of these
> different things. So now I am trying to link my form to the database I
> created but it will not link, and because I created the form from scratch
> it
> says that it is unrelated. I am new to all of this and was wondering if
> anyone can tell me what code I am missing, or what I am forgetting. Thank
> you
> for taking the time to read this.

0
Jeanette

How to know if a form is loaded?
I saw this in my textbook, but I can't remember where and I haven't been able to find it (the texbook has more than 1000 pages). When I'm not looking for it, it will be right there in front of me, I'm sure. Maybe somebody knows this off the top of their heads? In Access 2000 and later, test: CurrentProject.AllForms("Form1").IsLoaded In any version: SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acform, "Form1") -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than all...

How can I keep a maximized form maximized?
Hi All, I have a form I want maximized. I added DoCmd.Maximize to the form Open event. I set the property sheet for no min max buttos, but a minimize button still shows up next to the close button (which I have to have. Is there a majic spell I can use in VB to hide the min button? Second to making it go away, can I trap it and stop it from happening? Thanks, Max Hi Max, Are you sure you set the option minimize and maximize to none because if you did you shouldn't see neither option. Reading your post it looks like you have opted for only showing the minimize op...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

A Crystal Beginner

Detect if MDB has autoexec or a startup form
Does anyone know of way to detect if a MDB has a autoexec or startup form in use without openned the MDB using access.exe. Many thanks in advance Function StartUp(PathToMDB As String) As String On Error GoTo EH Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strMessage As String Dim strStartForm As String If Len(Dir(PathToMDB)) > 0 Then Set db = OpenDatabase(PathToMDB) strStartForm = db.Properties("StartUpForm") If Len(strStartForm) > 0 Then strMessage = PathToMDB & " specifies " & _ strStartForm & " for startup." &...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Outlook 2003 and Custom Form
I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and Coustom Form: frmCache.dat not UpDated Error when i open this form Ecc.ecc. There is a fix or a patch ( italian language ) for these problem. Thanks Claudio ...

Linked Servers and MemToLeave (VAS)
Hi, I know that the SQL Native Client linked server provider is an in_process provider and will use MemToLeave space. Is it the linked servers going out from the server or the linked servers coming in or both that affects MemToLeave? We still run 32_bit SQL2005 and we getting more requests for linked servers using the SQL Native Client provider. I just want to know when I have to worry about MemToLeave as we also have CLR and 3rd party products (Red Gate SQLBackup) that run in the same space. Thanks Chris VDI based backup products such as SQL Backup and others use i...

How to clear all checkboxes on a form?
That's it. How is it possible to create push-button functionality that resets all checkboxes to empty? Also, is it possible that pushing a button could increase a counter, or light up a first, second and third cell, that would then be reset by the button I asked for above? I thank you for your time. Arlen For Each ctl In Me.Controls If TypeName(ctl) = "CheckBox" Then ctl.Value = False End I Next ctl -- HTH Bob "Arlen" <Arlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:700CD724-30FB-4D93-AF50-451FB658502...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Can I share a table template I created in Quick Tables?
I have created a few table templates and saved them into the Quick Tables in Word. I would like to make these available for other users of my document. What can I do to make these ready available in their Quick Tables short of saving them individually to each work station? Can they import or save them when they open your document? "brigla5" wrote: > I have created a few table templates and saved them into the Quick Tables in > Word. I would like to make these available for other users of my document. > What can I do to make these ready available in th...

problems copying invoice form but then changing to a different font
I've downloaded an Invoice form (in .doc format) but the downloaded version has a font where all the letters appear unnaturally compressed. I've tried to change it to a more readable font (select all, then changed font to Arial, size to 10). Now the letters/font look good but the different lines and text entries are in the wrong positions. It looks like the size of the original page won't accomodate the new font and parts of the text have shifted to incorrect positions. If this is just a page size problem, how would I go about adjusting the new document before I change...