I have a text box in a report which highlights in colour current members in
a list of past and present member names. I have six types of current members
that I want to highlight, but with conditional formatting I can only use 3
conditions in the members [Type] field. I have tried [Type]="Full member" Or
"Life member" but the "Or" doesn't work ! Is there a way to do this ?

thanks .. Roger

0
Roger

CF is limited to 3 contitions, but you can use OR in those expressions.

If you set Condition1 to Expression, you can use:
    ([Type] = "Full member") Or ([Type] = "Life member")

If that still doesn't work, open the table in design view, and see what kind
of field Type is. If it is a Number (using a combo to show the text), you
will need to put the correct numbers here instead of the text. And the
numbers don't go in quotes.

If you do end up needing more than 3 colors, and you are comfortable with
VBA code, you can set the BackColor of the text box in the Format event of
its section.

"Roger" <help-me@skynet.be> wrote in message
>I have a text box in a report which highlights in colour current members in
>a list of past and present member names. I have six types of current
>members that I want to highlight, but with conditional formatting I can
>only use 3 conditions in the members [Type] field. I have tried
>[Type]="Full member" Or "Life member" but the "Or" doesn't work ! Is there
>a way to do this ?
>
> thanks .. Roger

0
Allen
3/15/2007 2:38:49 AM
You need to include the field name each time.
if [Type]="Full member" Or [Type]="Partial Member" or [Type]="New Member"....
 then
(Whatever you want to happen)
end if
0
Jane

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

using forms

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Using Spanish on Publisher

Read receipts #3
Exchange 5.5 Two questions. When a message is received through the IMC and the external user has requested a read receipt, is a read receipt sent out to them? If so, how can I stop read receipts being sent to external clients only? Any help appreciated. Mike. If I recall, this enabled or disabled on the IMC itself. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f50a01c457a7$faba8820$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 5.5 > Two questions. > When a message is received ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

PST Backup #3
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know what may have gone wrong? "Toad" <ron@somercotes.net> wrote in message news:1123657499.608786.210550@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into > Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try > to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know > what may have gone...

Conditional Formating #18
Dear all, I would like to apply a conditional formating to fill with a red colour some Excel cells when the computer calendar gets some date, I would like to fill that cells when "best before date" of some pruducts gets that date with the computer calendar. Thanks a lot. Pedro Mestre One way: If cell A1 is active: CF1: Formula is =TODAY()>=A1 Format1: Patterns/red In article <13BD3AC5-9DFE-4C53-BA91-440BC506B82E@microsoft.com>, Pedro Mestre <PedroMestre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I would like to apply a condition...

Mail Delivery Error #3
Hi, I've been getting the following error through the exchange server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: discount Sent: 5/22/2006 4:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@addresshere.com on 5/22/2006 5:02 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. < dms2.vps.net.au #5.4.6 SMTP; 554 5.4.6 Too many hops> Background information: We host an Excha...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Conditional Formatting #65
I have a date cell that I need to apply conditional formatting to when the date is now one year later. Example: A4 contains the date 1/1/2007 and today's date is in cell F2 with the formula [TODAY()]. If cell A4 is one year in the past I'd like the font to change so I'll know that date is older than one year from today's date. Thanks for any help! Trish On Apr 10, 9:43=A0am, Trish <trish....@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a date cell that I need to apply conditional formatting to when > the date is now one year later. > > Example: A4 contains the date 1/1/2007 ...

What do you use Excel for?