How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?

I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250
characters in a "Comment" box.

Hi,

     You could try changing your table's field type to Memo.  Assuming that
your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form.  If
that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are
attempting to use.

             Clifford Bass

Pearlene wrote:
>I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250
>characters in a "Comment" box.

Clifford
12/22/2009 7:13:43 PM
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:08:01 -0800, Pearlene wrote:

> I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250
> characters in a "Comment" box.

Change the field's datatype from Text to Memo.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Force underlining of menu access keys.
How can you over-ride the Control Panel setting 'Display->Appearance->Effects->Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press Alt key', so that the access keys are always underlined. It must be possible, because the Visual Studio 6 IDE and Firefox both seem to ignore this setting. I know that disregarding the users wishes is potentially a gray area, but when the check-box is cleared, it always re-checks itself after a few days (possibly by our IT departments profile). Either way, I think it's more useful to always the display the underline for our MFC app...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

List boxes and Comb Boxes
I have a list box called "list102" on a form called "MainForm" and I would like to use the double click event property on "list102" on the "MainForm" to hyperlink to another form called "TeamMenuPopup" and automatically fill in a combo box named "combo 78" on the "TeamMenuPopup" form. I have tried using other codes and have failed. Thanks. On Oct 7, 3:20 pm, BrianPaul <BrianP...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list box called "list102" on a form called "MainForm" and I would &...

Item Lot Numbers
Hi, Is it possible to customize the Item Lot Numbers window to sort by Expiry Date ? Regards, Sugih ...

sync combo boxes as per example given
i followed the instructions given to me to sync combo boxes in the sample templates of access 07, and have managed to produce one new form; as stated i had to do, to create eleven "working" combo boxes. the problem i now have is that this "new form" is not linked to any table. i followed the vba code route adapting it to sync my various combo boxes. if i use the macro route would my end form still be the created form from the "create form wizard" of the create tab from my original table. if not is there a procedure to create a table from a form? or a ...

Autopopulate Case Resolution Dialog Box
Hi We are aware that we cannot populate the 'Case Resolution Dialog Box' so we have created custom attributes named 'Resolution' , 'Description' and 'Resolved' and inserted these fields on the Case form. We would not like to remove the Case Resolution record or button from CRM however we would like the fields on the 'Case Resolution Dialog Box' to be autopopulated with the information that was captured on the Case form. I attempted to do this using a workflow rule which of course did not work. Is there a supported way that we can achieve this bi...

Maximum Number of Contacts
What is the maximum number of contacts that can be entered in a single contacts folder? Cindy Keathley <ckeathley@umpublishing.org> wrote: > What is the maximum number of contacts that can be entered > in a single contacts folder? That answer was posted here quite rcently. 16,000. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. With large tables (Outlook 98 or later) there can be 6553...

Workplace Settings access
Our customer wishes to lock down (make read only) the Workplace settings area for some users. We have tested removing the write privilege and it works fine. The problem comes when we add a new user to this role and need to change their timezone settings. It appears timezone settings can only be modified when logged in as that user(seems odd given the access possibilities of the user settings privileges). Is it possible to change another users timezone setting or do we need to relax the privileges whilst we are setting the users up? Hope someone can help Cheers Paul ...

Want to Display Most Recently Entered Record in Access 2003 Language Learning App
Hi all, I'm new to Access. I've got a good bit of VBA under my belt, but I've been using it in Excel, so I'm a bit lost in all this new functionality. Anyway, I'm trying to build an application to help me study Romanian. I have a table, Phrases! as follows: Phrases Phrase ID AutoNumber unique identifier LearningSession Number convenient way to group phrases for study Entered Date/Time the date and time the phrase was entered Source Memo textbook, page number, etc... (or "Mom said it") Romanian Memo the phrase in Romanian English ...

Returning the number of records in a database??
CLpRecordset decends from CRecordset. I would like to be able to read the number of records. The snippet below works perfectly on Access, but barfs on SQL Server. Error is "Invalid Descriptor Index". Searching the web has lead me to believe that this happens when all columns are already bound, but will the be bound before the table is opened? Any suggestions on how to make this work?? I just need to get a count of all records matching a certain criteria to size a control. Long CLpRecordset::AntalPoster(CString tabell, CString filter) { int n; long ret; CString sql=&q...

Splitting Numbers in a Column
:confused: I have a column of numbers that are 21 digits long. For each number the first 7 digits represent a department, the next 5 digits represent a class and the last 9 digits represent the account #. Is there a simple way to separate the single column of numbers into 3 columns with the appropriate headings? An example of the type of numbers in the column is as follows: 100310310000513000000 105210010000521000000 101900020000521000000 105400010000521000000 105900020000723000000 104600010000522000000 101710010000524000000 102600020000521000000 10262212000052100000 -- jer10 ----------...

Excel Auto-refresh box gone
I have OLAP cubes (pivot tables) in my spreadsheets that can b auto-refreshed when the file opens. However, there is also a messag box that used to open up that would ask if I wanted to Enable/Disabl Auto-refresh. This box is gone now. Anyone know how to get this box back -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

formating incrementing numbers
It almost seems silly asking this question, but I can't figure out how to do this. I need to come up with a grid 4 cells X 100 cells each cell containing numbers in the following format. A B C D 1 06-001 06-002 06-003 06-004 2 06-005 06-006 06-007 06-008 all the way up to ... 100 06-397 06-398 06-399 06-400 (Or however the lost rows work out) I'm trying formulas, but no either I loose the two leading zeros in the second part of the number, or get some kind of error message. Thanks. Bert...

Tabs Hidden in Format Cell Box
When I right click on a cell and hit Format Cell, the lower tabs in the box that comes up giving me the options for formatting are hidden. I can see the upper tabs but not the lower tabs, why is this? I've heard of this before and the 'problem' was that the user had selected a large DPI setting under Control Panel, Display Properties, Advanced, General. Setting to Normal fixed it. -- Jim "JDM" <JDM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ED7FFE8-D18C-4021-8AF0-26B6C7F4B899@microsoft.com... | When I right click on a cell and hit Format Cell, the l...

How to count the maximum number of consecutives?
I need to determine the maximum number of consecutive negative numbers in a column. The column contains formulas that evaluate to a positive number, a negative number, zero or "" (blank). I cannot add an additional column. The following are the results of formulas in cells A1:A11 that need a formula in A12 that evaluates to 3, the maximum number of consecutive negative numbers counting cells A2, A6 and A7. 1 -2 "" "" "" -6 -7 8 -9 "" -11 You're sure you can't us an extra column somewhere?? Even a hidden on...

How Outlining w/o numbers possible?
I received a file wherein there are no numbers, but still it is outlined, upto 8 levels. There are just 3 columns, 2nd col. has no header and as a sample I give the first few rows' data: <ProductCatalog> ProductCatalog <CatalogHeader> 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader <CatalogID>(xsd:string) 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogID <CatalogDate>(xsd:dateTime) 0..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogDate <CatalogProvider> 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogProvider ...

combination of numbers
undefined Hello!!!! The problem that I explain below is one that i have for long time... hope someone can understand it...!! Is there any option in Excel, if I have a list of numbers (for exampl 20 different numbers), I want to know which combination of thes numbers are the sum of "X" number?? -- ErnestoMart ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ErnestoMarti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2683 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40081 Here's an example using the s...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Comments #2
When a new comment is created, the comment window opens up with the user name in bold. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a default so that it doesn't display the user name? I have to delete it every time and it's a bit of a pain.... Many thanks, martin Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Shape -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Martin Ibbotson wrote: > When a new comment is created, the comment window opens up with the > user name in bold. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a > default so that it doesn't display the us...

#Deleted in feilds of record in Table Access 2003
Periodically we find a record in a table that has #Deleted in all feilds of the record. It can not be deleted. The database must be compacted and repaired and then the record can be deleted. This is usually discovered when a user open a form that uses a query linked to that table and they receive "Record is deleted" window. The record is not deleted by any users. Seems to be a false state. Last occurance - someone indicated they were in the record put in this state. They used the back space to clear information in the record. That was only known change to the record. ...

Convert $ to actual numbers in an imported web query
I use the Web Query function to import tables with data from the internet to my spreadsheet. However, some of the amounts imported are in $ format (e.g. "$7,950.00") and do not function as numbers, i.e. I cannot perform mathematical calculations on them. How do I import $$ values as actual numbers? Thanks for your help. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want ...

Customer Item Number on SOP Docs
hey how is everyone? well - we had the customer item number working perfectly in v 7.5 thru the smarlist dict. This has changed in v8.0 - with the SOP docs moving to Mftg - so our Function Script ASI doesnt work anymore. Has anyone enabled this for the sales docs in v8.0 in the Mftg dict? Ive got our old reports working without the customer code field from smartlist currently but we need to get a new field in there Thanks in advance Theo S :) The ability to have Customer Item numbers showing on the invoice is part of core v8.0 code now. You might just need to modify the existing repo...

where do i find my 25 charactor numbers to register.
Where do i find the 25 charactor number to register my micrisoft. It was installed on the puter when i purchased it. But i have no idea. Thanks Look in the box for a manual that might have a sticker on it with the #. There might also be a sticker on the back of the computer case (where all the cords plug in). "Beverly" <Beverly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB2E440-3E28-4110-B988-B1CA8FA23683@microsoft.com... > Where do i find the 25 charactor number to register my micrisoft. It was > installed on the puter when i purchased it. But i have no id...

How to display background text in a text box?
I'm not sure how to search for this but what I want to do is to include some kind of background message inside a text box to alert user what type of data they should enter...for example, instead of a blank text box - i want it to say [Enter your userid here] -- then the message goes away as soon as the user clicks or tabs to the text box. Similar to the search box in Microsoft ClipArt downloads -- where the text box says "Searh All Media Type" in gray text. Is this possible? If so, what would you call this feature so I could search for it or if someone could post a code -- I wou...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...