How do I do a global field search?

I have WinXP and Access2003.

I have just finished changing over a text
primary key "ProductID" to a autonumber
"ProdID".

This was successful, and all the database
(including the Combos and the xtab queries)
work OK.

But now I want to get rid of all the old Text
"ProductID" values and fields.

I have done this manually as far as possible,
but is there a "Find" function to locate all
the redundant "ProductID" all through the
database?

Please help
Frank

0
Frank

No there is such thing built in.
You will have to do manual searches through all VB code, queries, forms etc.
Its possible to code a function to automate it but its not a trivial exercise.

-Dorian

"Frank Martin" wrote:

> I have WinXP and Access2003.
>
> I have just finished changing over a text
> primary key "ProductID" to a autonumber
> "ProdID".
>
> This was successful, and all the database
> (including the Combos and the xtab queries)
> work OK.
>
> But now I want to get rid of all the old Text
> "ProductID" values and fields.
>
> I have done this manually as far as possible,
> but is there a "Find" function to locate all
> the redundant "ProductID" all through the
> database?
>
> Please help
> Frank

Thanks.

"mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in
message
> No there is such thing built in.
> You will have to do manual searches through
> all VB code, queries, forms etc.
> Its possible to code a function to automate
> it but its not a trivial exercise.
>
> -Dorian
>
> "Frank Martin" wrote:
>
>> I have WinXP and Access2003.
>>
>> I have just finished changing over a text
>> primary key "ProductID" to a autonumber
>> "ProdID".
>>
>> This was successful, and all the database
>> (including the Combos and the xtab
>> queries)
>> work OK.
>>
>> But now I want to get rid of all the old
>> Text
>> "ProductID" values and fields.
>>
>> I have done this manually as far as
>> possible,
>> but is there a "Find" function to locate
>> all
>> the redundant "ProductID" all through the
>> database?
>>
>> Please help
>> Frank

0
Frank

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Mapping two different fields
Is it possible to have one field from Leads mapped into two places in the account. For example can I map the address field from Leads to the main address field and billing address field in accounts? If so how do I do this? THanks? I believe the 'main address' field is already mapped between lead and Account but to add another mapping, go to: Settings, customizations, customize entities, lead, relationships, lead>account, add the field mapping here. "ltcv28@hotmail.com" wrote: > Is it possible to have one field from Leads mapped into two places in > the accoun...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

e-mail backspace deleting in body instead of in address field
Hi! A quick search for this subject showed me some questions on a similar problem, but no answers... Outlook 2003: When I compose an e-mail and type the address and want to delete it by using backspace or delete, only the text in the body is deleted. The cursor is in the address field, blinking, but when I hit backspace, a cursor appears in the body which is not blinking. This problem came when installing "SDK International, Trados 2006" translating software. This software adds a toolbar in Word and uses s.th. called "TW4Win". It is possible, though, to delete the field...

date-based fields changing depending on the time of day
Hello: I created a view that will show inventory item shipments due to customers within different time "buckets", such as Past Due, 0 - 3 Days, etc. as shown by my T-SQL programming below. A client claims that when he runs this view, he gets different data in the afternoon versus in the morning. As you can tell, there are a lot of date-based fields such as DATEADD. Do these date-based fields behave differently in SQL, depending on the time of day that they are run? SELECT ITMCLSCD AS [TYPE], IsNull(ITMCLSDC,'') AS [TYPE DESCRIPTION], ITEMNMBR AS [ITEM #], ITEMDES...

How can I STOP search for msgr2GE.dll in Outlook2000 ?
I have msgr3GE.dll installed for German spell-check and it works. But whenever I do the Spell-check it first searches for the earlier file msgr2GE.dll. How can I stop this search since it does have the msgr3GE.dll file and that does the spell checking? ...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Anyone found an easy way to search Case history?
Specifically the case notes, but I'll take what I can get. Use the advanced find, Look for 'Notes'/ 'Activity', define your search criteria: Regarding(Case) --> Case: Contains data. Result returned: all notes/ activity created in cases. If no criteria set but click on Find directly, every notes/activity created in MSCRM returned. "Jon" wrote: > Specifically the case notes, but I'll take what I can get. > > ...

Import workflow and currency fields
Hi, I have a simple CRM workflow which I exported from our dev environment and tried to import to our test environment. This workflow will create a custom entity record which has currency field in it. The workflow import failed with the following exception in the CRM server event log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 7.1.2009 Time: 14:21:14 User: N/A Computer: xxx Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 7.1.2009 14:21:14 Event time (UTC): 7.1.2009 12:21:14 Event ID: 2c...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

date field format in entry form
I would like to format the date field on a data entry form so that the field can accept a single date (03/01/2008) or a date span (03/01/2008 - 03/10/208). The single date format is a snap. The problem arises when no date is entered in the span portion of the field. I do not know how to write scripts or codes and this appears to be situation where a script or code would solve the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Assuming you're using a Date data type field, it cannot be done. The Date data type is intended to hold a single timestamp: under the covers, it...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

global object dependent on CWinApp global object
hi I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global object i.e. it assumes that the CWinApp global object is created. After migrating to VS 2005, my global object is getting created before the CWinApp global object. Is there any way I can force the CWinApp object to be created first? I know one of the solution is to avoid a global object and wrap it in a fuction, however a lot of files use this object directly, so I am trying to figure out if there is another way. Regards Chimanrao Chimanrao wrote: > hi > > I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global...

Date formats, culture and globalization
Hi, ASP.NET 3.5 We are creating a 3-tier ASP.NET Web Application that needs just to understand dates as UK shortdate format (dd/MM/yyyy). It will only be used in the UK on intranet. I often come across web server and client machine that are incorrectly set up so I want to protect the app from these incorrectly set up hosts. I understand the safe date formats for passing through to the database. SQLParameters pass through a non-ambiguous format and also that 'yyyyMMdd' is also a safe format. So ignore the database side of things - I get that. At the moment all the bou...

relocate field position
Hi, Is it possible to relocate a field position with onLoad script? For ex, based on some condition I want to move name field from first tab to second tab. I personally havent seen this, possible workaround would be to create two fields, hide one and show the other dynamically, also when this change happens you could give the share the value i.e tab 1 tab2 name1 name2 and create some code that does the following name1.hide name2.show name2.value = name1.value or visa versa? good luck, and tell us ...

HyperLinks when Adding Field to Query Shows up as Garbage Characte
A client has two tables and she is doing a query on a field espec from the first table where it find the same # in the second table field ContractNumber. The client wants to then take field Contract number and Link in table two and trying to group by ContractNumber. The link then shows up a garbage characters (someone mentioned it almost appears to be Chinese lettering). Any ideas. ...

prf question and global address list....
When i fire off my Oulook 2003 and manually create my profile to connect to our exchange server i get to see my GAL and my outlook address book with my contacts folder when i go to create a new message and click TO: to look at my contacts. When i start outlook 2003 using my PRF file it auto creates the profile and connects me to the server but for some reason i can only see my GAL and not my outlook address book or contacts when creating a new message. I have found this line in my PRF file under MSMail DisplayGalOnly=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6625 Im not sure if this is related but the docs say ...

Mapping between picklist fields
In the general account information there's a picklist concerning delivery methods. The picklist is called "DeliveryMethods". On the quotation/offer form I created an picklist field which I want to map with the "DeliveryMethods" so that the delivery method from the general account is filled in the quotation/offer form as a default value. Is that possible? I know how to map between nvarchar fields but between picklist it doens't seems to work... The key is to ensure that underlying values in the picklists are identical (1=ABC, 2=DEF). it's the unerlying n...

Rule based on Global Address list?
Is there a way to create a rule in Outlook 2000 that says: route all mail from anyone not in my Global Address List to my Junk E-mail folder? ...

Field manger
How to add child name field in details tab. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

scroll a OLE object field
I am using a form to display the contents of a Word Doc in an Access 03 DB. The results are great but the page is too large to show with the form that I'm using. Is there a way to scroll the contents of the OLE field? Thank You! ...

Pivot table calculated field using MAX of another field
How do I get a calculated field to calculate using the MAX of another field? Say I have the following: SIZE COLOR Max of Qty Sum of Cost Sum of QtyXCost large blue 8 5 40 green 2 4 8 red 10 6 60 large Total 10 15 300* medium green 4 11 44 red 5 8 ...

Global calendar entries
Is there any way of adding calendar entries (such as bank holiday information) globally into exchange so that all users see it in their Outlook calendars? I'd like to avoid users having to import it into their calendars manually if possible. Many thanks in advance (and apologies if this question has been asked before). ...