How can I show or hide an image using an access table field?

I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result
value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it.

What have you tried so far?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result
> value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it.

0
Jeff
1/29/2008 3:13:17 PM
Tried puting a text control on the form and putting the picture in that box,
but do not know how to come it to look at the value in the table and based on
that value show or hide the image.

If there is a better way or simpler way, I am all ears

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> What have you tried so far?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result
> > value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it.

It sounds like you want to see it when a different control has a certain
value.

If you added an Event Procedure to that other control's AfterUpdate event,
it could look something like (untested):

    Me!YourPictureControl.Visible = (Me!YourDifferentControl = "whatever")

By the way, I don't know that pictures go in textboxes.  Have you looked
into other types of controls?

> Tried puting a text control on the form and putting the picture in that
> box,
> but do not know how to come it to look at the value in the table and based
> on
> that value show or hide the image.
>
> If there is a better way or simpler way, I am all ears
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> What have you tried so far?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to put a picture on a report and then use the boolean result
>> > value of a field in an Access database to either show or hide it.

0
Jeff
1/29/2008 7:07:13 PM
I started with the control then deleted it and just inserted the picture, but
there has got to be some way to control it's visibility through code. I am
showing a catalog of information based from a Access table. In that table
there is a yes/no field for OMRI. If the  value is yes for that item, I want
the Omri picture I have to be visible, but if on the next item it is not,
then I want that picture hidden.

Look forward to your reply

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> It sounds like you want to see it when a different control has a certain
> value.
>
> If you added an Event Procedure to that other control's AfterUpdate event,
> it could look something like (untested):
>
>     Me!YourPictureControl.Visible = (Me!YourDifferentControl = "whatever")
>
> By the way, I don't know that pictures go in textboxes.  Have you looked
> into other types of controls?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>

> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tried puting a text control on the form and putting the picture in that
> > box,
> > but do not know how to come it to look at the value in the table and based
> > on
> > that value show or hide the image.
> >
> > If there is a better way or simpler way, I am all ears
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> What have you tried so far?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> >>
> >> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Did you look over my response about using the AfterUpdate event to add code
that tells the picture to be visible or not?

>I started with the control then deleted it and just inserted the picture,
>but
> there has got to be some way to control it's visibility through code. I am
> showing a catalog of information based from a Access table. In that table
> there is a yes/no field for OMRI. If the  value is yes for that item, I
> want
> the Omri picture I have to be visible, but if on the next item it is not,
> then I want that picture hidden.
>
> Look forward to your reply
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> It sounds like you want to see it when a different control has a certain
>> value.
>>
>> If you added an Event Procedure to that other control's AfterUpdate
>> event,
>> it could look something like (untested):
>>
>>     Me!YourPictureControl.Visible = (Me!YourDifferentControl =
>> "whatever")
>>
>> By the way, I don't know that pictures go in textboxes.  Have you looked
>> into other types of controls?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>

>> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Tried puting a text control on the form and putting the picture in that
>> > box,
>> > but do not know how to come it to look at the value in the table and
>> > based
>> > on
>> > that value show or hide the image.
>> >
>> > If there is a better way or simpler way, I am all ears

0
Jeff
1/30/2008 4:25:01 PM
Not sure where to put that code. But there is no, Update even that happens in
the report. The data from the report is being pulled from the table. Maybe I
am missing the whole picture here, and THAT IS POSSIBLE..LOL  But, I can
insert a check box control, and set the control source to be that YES/NO
field and the check box works perfectly to show checked where the items are
checked in the table and not checked when the items are not. All I am trying
to do is make the report look better by showing the graphic instead of the
checkbox and text.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Did you look over my response about using the AfterUpdate event to add code
> that tells the picture to be visible or not?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I started with the control then deleted it and just inserted the picture,
> >but
> > there has got to be some way to control it's visibility through code. I am
> > showing a catalog of information based from a Access table. In that table
> > there is a yes/no field for OMRI. If the  value is yes for that item, I
> > want
> > the Omri picture I have to be visible, but if on the next item it is not,
> > then I want that picture hidden.
> >
> > Look forward to your reply
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like you want to see it when a different control has a certain
> >> value.
> >>
> >> If you added an Event Procedure to that other control's AfterUpdate
> >> event,
> >> it could look something like (untested):
> >>
> >>     Me!YourPictureControl.Visible = (Me!YourDifferentControl =
> >> "whatever")
> >>
> >> By the way, I don't know that pictures go in textboxes.  Have you looked
> >> into other types of controls?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> >>

> >> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

What "report"?  You posted in a "forms" newsgroup.  Are you designing a
report?

If so, next time consider posting in the "reports" newsgroup -- you'll get
more folks looking at your question.

You could determine the visibility of the picture control using the value of
the other control by adding code to the Format event if you are designing a
report.

> Not sure where to put that code. But there is no, Update even that happens
> in
> the report. The data from the report is being pulled from the table. Maybe
> am missing the whole picture here, and THAT IS POSSIBLE..LOL  But, I can
> insert a check box control, and set the control source to be that YES/NO
> field and the check box works perfectly to show checked where the items
> are
> checked in the table and not checked when the items are not. All I am
> trying
> to do is make the report look better by showing the graphic instead of the
> checkbox and text.
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Did you look over my response about using the AfterUpdate event to add
>> code
>> that tells the picture to be visible or not?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "evansc" <evansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I started with the control then deleted it and just inserted the
>> >picture,
>> >but
>> > there has got to be some way to control it's visibility through code. I
>> > am
>> > showing a catalog of information based from a Access table. In that
>> > table
>> > there is a yes/no field for OMRI. If the  value is yes for that item, I
>> > want
>> > the Omri picture I have to be visible, but if on the next item it is
>> > not,
>> > then I want that picture hidden.
>> >
>> > Look forward to your reply

0
Jeff

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Fields in TransactionEntry table
I hope someone can help me understand the contents of three fields in the TransactionEntry table in RMS. I'm trying to see if I can use data stored in these fields to correct the Price in my Item table. Two of the fields are the FullPrice and Price. It appears to me that the Price field is the price charged at the register, the FullPrice is something like the Price in Item. The PriceSource field seems to be a code that is 1 if the regular price is charged, 10 if the price is changed by the cashier and other values depending on the size of the discount applied at the register. My h...

controls showing up late with ShowWindow?
I have an application I wrote to print some labels to a barcode printer. It works fine, but I noticed that two labels which I hide at design time and then show just prior to printing with WriteFile, act a bit strange. Only one shows up initially and then after printing the other one shows up. I got around this by putting them in the printing loop which loops through all the files though I did not really want to do it that way. Even when I do it this way though the one label loses its sunken property until printing is completed. Any ideas why and how I can fix this. For the time ...

Can't send/receive

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Can not Customize Leads View

Hyperlink value crashes Access
If I assign a hyperlink value to a cmd button or in code using the follow hyperlink method, using a link value like http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx, the page is accessed [Internet Explorer] OK, but the Access app crashes every time. However, if I instead just target the main web site http://www.cookbookplus.com that page is opened AND Access does not crash. Crashes also occur if a hyperlink field is populated with http://www.cookbookplus.com/Activate.aspx Again, that page is opened in IE, but Access crashes. The targeted page is a simple, safe, publicly available...

Bulk attachments

Hide label and field if blank
How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? Thanks in advance. Are you working in MS Access? Are you working on a form or a report? Which version of Access? More info, please Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "jhicsupt" <jhicsupt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AF5FB29-9B63-43DB-BD82-547467F75F54@microsoft.com... > How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? > > Thanks in advance. I found this thread and need the same answer: I am working in MS Access 2003. I want to print a report from a table that has a list of ...

Outlook Web Access & Sent Items
Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way to have Outlook Web Access not automatically save a sent message in the sent items folder? We would like to be able to turn it off per user, or at least let them deselect it like they can in Outlook. Thanks in advance. In news:5C4CD94F-F424-4653-A79C-461F1D4C1681@microsoft.com, DHood <DHood@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello all, > > Does anyone know if there is a way to have Outlook Web Access not > automatically save a sent message in the sent items folder? We would > like to be able to turn it off per user, ...

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

CRM 3.0 and embedded images
I have two issues in CRM that relate to how CRM works with embedded images or how CRM works with embedded images. First issue is that when I use an enbedded image in my Outlook signature, I get an error that the email cannot be promoted to CRM so I can either send the email without tracking it in CRM or I can remove the signature and then it works. Second issues is that when people reply to an email that is being tracked in CRM via a tracking token, if there are any images or pictures in the reply then the email is no longer tracked in CRM. You manually have to add the reply email t...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this