Hiding Duplicate Records in a List Box

Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in a
List Box?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fred

0
FredK

Yes, base your listbox on a query that excludes duplicates.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"FredK" <fred.kelley@ci.tracy.ca.us> wrote in message
> Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in a
> List Box?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Fred

0
Steve
6/17/2007 10:26:31 PM
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:41:05 -0700, "FredK" <fred.kelley@ci.tracy.ca.us>
wrote:

>Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in a
>List Box?

Sure. Base the Listbox on a query with only the fields that you want to see,
and its Unique Values property set to Yes.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
6/17/2007 10:37:40 PM
On Jun 17, 6:37 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:41:05 -0700, "FredK" <fred.kel...@ci.tracy.ca.us>
> wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in a
> >List Box?
>
> Sure. Base the Listbox on a query with only the fields that you want to see,
> and its Unique Values property set to Yes.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

put the word "distinct" after the word "select" on the row source
property

0
zionsaal
6/18/2007 12:18:48 AM
That worked, Thanks!

<zionsaal@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 17, 6:37 pm, John W. Vinson
> <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:41:05 -0700, "FredK" <fred.kel...@ci.tracy.ca.us>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there a way to hide (or not list) duplicate records that might be in
>> >List Box?
>>
>> Sure. Base the Listbox on a query with only the fields that you want to
>> see,
>> and its Unique Values property set to Yes.
>>
>>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
> put the word "distinct" after the word "select" on the row source
> property

0
FredK

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

duplication of forwarded email
let me see which paint and brush I should use : - ) Sorry to reply after so long was on leave but my problem still persists and so i will keep digging. There is no forwarding set on his private mail (that would be via MS Outlook). All forwarding has been set via the ADUC mmc on Exchange. Just to recap the observed phenomenon: 1. My boss travels a lot and because we dont have OWA for users external to our network, he uses a public email service (let not worry about whether its yahoo blackerry gmail hotmail etc as they all behave the same and it means the issue at hand is not related t...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Error during remote deleting records
Hello, during deletions of huge amount of records from tables located on remote DB server following error message is appear: T0: TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired. The DELETE command is executed directly on the SQL server, remotely is called just stored procedure which is perform the deletion. The DELETE is made in a batches of 10000 records. Could you please help me with the problem? Thank you very much for any response. Best regards, Richard Hi You mean that you run the procedure on remote machine to delete the rows ? "Lukino&quo...

hide my name

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Look up boxes
I have created a look up table and the fields are SuburbID (primary key) Suburb, State, District, Map Ref. Then I have created a form that allows me to put in addresses of companies and my question is - how can I, on this form, select the suburb from a drop down box and it automatically comes up with the state, district and map ref in three separate boxes so I don't have to enter this information. Thanks On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 17:07:01 -0800, Chris wrote: > I have created a look up table and the fields are SuburbID (primary key) > Suburb, State, District, Map Ref. ...

duplicate a field in sub folders
When I add sub folders to the SENT folder they 'by default' show the FROM field instead to TO, Is there a way I can tell outlook to use the TO field in all subfolders of SENT. Can't think of an easy way to tell it to automatically show field in all subfolders, but it is easy to set them one by one. In each folder, show the Advanced tool bar, then select the field choser and drag the fields you want to where you want them. Any fields you don't want, just drag away. HTH Wicked Wizard On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:16:58 -0700, "Jan Dykstra" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

multiple duplication of records
Could anyone assist me with the following:- I have been using the quick reference search tool that can be found at www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366 <http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=120366> (cool search tool.zip) Using only one table with no problems however I am now trying to use it in a relationship configuration Two tables linked back to the main table via one too many links. What is now happening is that multiple duplication of records are being displayed. An example If you have one table with two records the listbo...

For the record: broken Money report
M+ Deluxe Advanced Reports. Account Balance with Details report, set to show Bank Information. Header says Bank Name. In other tested cases, the Financial Institution attribute reports out in this column. In the case of Loan Accounts, the Financial Institution is not shown but the Comments attribute is. Not that it's a big deal and not that they are going to fix it, but... ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

duplicate mail sent
Hi, An exchange server 5.5 alway sends duplicate mails at the recent weeks, and I found that there have a lot of mails store inside the outbound conversion queue, I had check the event viewer and it shown the event id 3038, 4093 and 4128 to me, 3038 An attempt to remove processed messages from the outbound store queue has failed. The removal will be retried later. If the messages are not removed before the service is shut down, the mail will be resent at service startup causing duplicate mail. 4093 The error code 2 was returned when trying to remove the spool file d:\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\SNJ...

Making a compiled list in Excel
Hi all, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet that can create a compile list from an existing list. By this I mean there is a list of item which represents the complete list and each entry has a checkbox nex to it to indicate whether it has been selected or not, and then on th same worksheet there is another list which only contains the items tha have been selected from the first, full list. Check out these screensheets to get a better idea of what I mean: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel1/JPG http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel2.JPG I think this should b...

REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling
We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders, plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call Contact. This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine. However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact folders. We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would als...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Need to display an error message when a duplicate object is clicked.
Hi all, I'm new to Access and I'm creating a simple IT Inventory database. My first form just has details on the device, and I want to be able to have the users select an IP address from a dropdown list. I have the list and the dropdown working flawlessly, but in my table I selected No Duplicates, so that no one IP address can be used twice. What I'd like to do, is that if the DB detects a duplicate, to pop up a dialog box stating that the IP address is already in use and to please select a valid IP address. By default, there is an error that pops up when you try to save the rec...

Hiding plot Area

When the code is chines/ japan or some other I get square boxes
Hi! When I run this code below I get square boxes for some code point what does this mean. ? I get square boxes for chinese/japanese and some other. I would say that when the code page exist why is not windows able to display the character for this code point. Is it because of the driver to the screen does not support these characters. I'm just curious ? byte[] b = new Byte[256]; for (int i = 0; i < b.Length; i++) b[i] = (byte)i; EncodingInfo[] ei = Encoding.GetEncodings(); foreach(EncodingInfo e in ei) { ...

Record time by formula
hi, i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple time. Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro. Pls Suggest ???????????????????? -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "karim" <karim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1681BB59-DBF8-475C-B577-BE76CF17E9E5@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i want to create excel sheet wherein time has to be recorded multiple > time. > Now() formula does not help and i don't want to use macro. > Pls Suggest i want to record start time and e...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

control box list
Hi I have a long list of hospitals, and would like to put a control in that will fill in as you type to search. I have tried list box, but can not see how to enter the list into the find data. thanks tim ...

different color for duplicates!!! how?
i have table full of numbers, what i need is to find duplicates and mark them with different colors. so like one numbers with red color, others with green, other yellow and so on. so each set of duplicates will have own color. i think it will be easier to see if we have this number so i will then delete it from all rows. i just used this formula, but donno how to make scenario above =COUNTIF(L:L;L27)>1 thank you The following loops through a colour list to highlight cells with duplicates. Sub test() HighlightDuplicates Range("A2:A201") End Sub Sub Hig...