Hiding a column on a form in DS view

I want to call up a form in DS view with the option of hiding data via an
option group.  I set me![controlname].visible = false depending on the option
called and the control disappears in Form view but not in DS view.  Any help
is appreciated.
--
TIA

In Datasheet View you really can't do much in the way of formatting things
such as visibility using the Properties Box. To make a column disappear in a
Datasheet View, you need to use the ColumnHidden Property:

Private Sub Form_Load()
 Me.YourControlName.ColumnHidden = -1
End Sub

To make it visible again you'd use

 Me.YourControlName.ColumnHidden = 0

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Checkbox control and forms
I have a database with a few different tables but each table is pretty much the same. The tables have a set of tasks in the cells in Column A (a daily routine to be completed). All other columns in cell 1 have a number 1-31 for each day of the month. I'm trying to create a windows application (I'm using Visual Studio) that as soon as it comes up asks for the users initials, then goes to the main form with a list of tasks that comes from one of the tables (I guess I'll connect using datagrid view for the rows?), beside each task there will be a check box and when the user ...

Iterating through a forms collection and setting variables for nodes
Hi, I have an html form (created by transforming an xml doc with an xsl stylesheet and sent as html within an asp.net page. The doc is a set of user instructions steps. For each of the elements that allow user input (<measurement> and <data_collection>, for example, my xsl turns that into an <input type=text name="the unique name attribute defined in the base xml doc" box in the html form (I would post it, but it's really quite large). The only "changes" the user is allowed to make are via these text boxes. When the user is done, they click a Submit bu...

summing a column according to criteria of two other columns
I am creating a cash flow forecast sheet and trying to add up the project values of a particular service provided in june this year. i am attempting to do this by referring to a sheet called data which has a column of project values (N), a column with the month and year of the project (V) written as 62004 and a column of services (E) of which i want to select those projects where the service was Translation - Standard. By looking at the help for countif by multiple criteria i altered the formula to a sumif. I am using the formula... =SUM(IF((Data!$E$3:$E$2000='Translation - Standard'...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Not allowing Alpha Characters in a Numeric Formatted Column
I have a spreadsheet that we provide to vendors where they have to fill in their product data and send it back to us where we import this data into the products database. I have the spreadsheet set up the way I want it and have drop down boxes where applicable for data validation. I have several fields that i only want #'s. Sometimes integers, sometimes there may be a decimal. I set the formats accordingly. HOwever, you can still type the letter A or B or C etc... in there. I only want them to be able to type in #'s. In access I can use a mask. Is there anything similar in Exce...

Query by Form-TJ
I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on a form using Access 2000 I need to bring back the appropriate records in a subform. On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:08:01 -0700, ambushsinger <ambushsinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Query by Form can't do that. It can only select records in the current form view. After that, you can potentially open a new form with that subset of records in a subform. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to do a Query by Form based on multiple selections from combo boxes on >a form using Access 200...

display columns alphabetically
Columns used to display alphabetically left to right. It changed to now displaying numerically left to right. How do I change back to alphabetically? Go to Tools|Options and then in the General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style. -- NBVC Where there is a will there are many ways. 'The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=136818 Perfect, thanks for easing my f...

hide my name

Forms issues
This form has five sections (all on a tab control) 1. materials 2. up 3. down and 4. take up and 5. properties. Each of these sections have parameters associated within the tab.. Section 1 is special because each of the following sections depend and the results yeilded depend on the formulation of materials in section 1. By the way each Formula is composed of maybe 3 different ingrediants at different amounts. So for example A under section 1 could be materials x, y, z at 3g 4g 5g. Section 2 will than keep A and do many trials tweeking one or two processes, if okay Section three will build...

Convert Column Letters to Number
Hi! I'm looking for a function to convert a "large" column letters (up t 10 characters) to it's equivalent in number. e.g. Input=A Output=1 Input=AAA Output=703 Input=EXCEL Output=2,708,874 Any suggestions? Regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a VBA function that gives the results you want: Option Explicit Function ColumnToNumber(sText As String) As Variant Dim Bytes() As Byte Dim Letter As Long Dim Multiplier As Double Dim N As Double Dim Total As Double ColumnToNumber = CVErr(xlErrValue) If L...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

enter key behavior on a form
what property setting activates the next text box when hitting the enter key? right now hitting the enter key submits the form. i only want the enter key to submit the form when the command button is highlited --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Zygoid, It's the TabIndex property of the control. Set them in ascending order. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Zygoid >" <<Zygoid.113pks@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Zygoid.113pks@ex...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Cannot add columns to custom views
I have a problem that is causing a major handicap. I cannot add any columns to any custom leads view that I create. No matter what, the only column that is displayed is the default key column (name) that is there when the view is created. When I click on add columns, the dialog box that is supposed to list columns that I can add to the view has no columns listed at all. I am logged in as the System Administrator when trying to accomplish this. Also, when I create a filter criteria it is never saved. I save it, but when I go back into it, it is gone. Any help would be GREATLY apprec...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

chart on the form
Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? I would like to have Excel chart like bare, pie, line chart on the form base on the data in the table. Is it possible to do this? If yes, any controls or activeX controls available for Access? Your information is great appreciated, Use Pivot Chart view and select pivot chart on form properties. Damon "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40472F3E-CA90-4D7A-9FBB-75F89078CBD5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have chart controls on the form? > > I would like to have Excel chart like...

VBA write macro change column with 3 number digits to 4 digits the
-- James Do you mean Sub Macro() Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "0000" End Sub -- Jacob "James C" wrote: > > -- > James Use the white space (here) to record details of your requirements - don't try to put it all in the message header. Pete On Jan 25, 1:51=A0pm, James C <Jam...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > James Thanks for your response -- James "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Do you mean > > Sub Macro() > Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "00...

Hiding plot Area

Repeating columns cuts off merged cells
Hi all, I hope you can help because I can't find a solution to this one. I've got a two page spreadsheet (side by side) and I'm trying to repeat columns A & B because their row headings on the left and should only appear when printed (split onto two pages) (as in print setup > columns to repeat at left > $A:$B), ...... but B57:I57 are merged and wrapped (another grief that merged wrapped cells don't auto height, but that's for another day) and so are B58:I58 and B59:I59 (footer things). ...... and when printed, B57:I57, etc. cuts off on the second page and...

Report opens behind form
How do i make a report ontop of my form? I have a switchboard named "Panel" from there i click "Runs Worksheet" and it opens behind the "Panel". Also, I have a Report named "Single Rig Report" when I click on it, it opens ontop, but when i X out of it my Panel is gone?? Im lost... Help! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use this to open a report in the preview mode. DoCmd.OpenReport ,"rptYourReportName", acViewPreview DoCmd.SelectObject acReport,"rptYourReportName", False "stephendeloach via AccessMonste...

View task pane and mail #2
Hello!! Using Outlook 2003 - Does anyone know if there is a way to view the mail as well as the task list? Similar to the view I can acheive using Calendar and task list. Thanks! Chris only by creating a folder home page using the outlook view control. There are some samples at www.digidashlive.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

how to hide an ActiveX control?