Hide System Fileds in table

Hello All,
How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and
s_GUID?
Thanks
Abe

0
Abe

You posed your question in a newsgroup dedicated to Access forms.  I'll
assume you want not to see those fields in your form, rather than "hiding"
them in the underlying table.  After all, you don't want your users mucking
about in the tables directly...

If you need/want the fields attached to the form, but not visible, you can
set the control's .Visible property to False.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Abe Katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and
> s_GUID?
> Thanks
> Abe

0
Jeff
3/19/2010 3:18:39 PM
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:43:55 -0400, "Abe Katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and
>s_GUID?
>Thanks
>Abe

In a Table? AFAIK you can't. But then users should never see table datasheets
in a production database anyway; they should see only Forms, and on a form you
can just not display these fields.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

open file with macro
Hi, I have recorded the following macro to open a file and arrange th data: ChDir "C:\My Documents\workexamples\COMPLIANCESAMPLING" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\My Documents\workexamples\COMPLIANCESAMPLING\2004599.STF" Editable:=True what I need to do is be able to open any file with this macro not jus the above file. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, Denadbr -- denadbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- denadbre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1592 View thi...

.obd file, how to open it?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I received an .obd file, (Microsoft Office Binder Support apparently) and I don't manage to open it with Office for mac 2004. Please help me in this curse... I don't believe you'll have any luck at all. The "Binder" is a feature that was Win Office only and only lived for a version release or two. Your best bet is to get the file to a PC & extract what you can as independent documents saved individually in their respective formats. You may be able to get further assistance in one of the Win Offic...

How do I export the results of a table into excel?
Hi, I have created a table with a filter and group layout that I would like to export the values into excel. However, with the export feature, I am only able to select a filter and not a table with grouping. I can cut/paste, but there must be a better way. Thanks so much Easiest would be to just recreate the grouping in Excel. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > I have created a table with a filter and group layout that I would > like to > export the values into excel. However, with the export feature, I am > only > ...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Pivot Table Not Refreshing Properly?
After creating a PivotTable, I discovered that there were several errors in the underlying data which caused improper values to show up in the PivotTable field drop-down lists. I have since re-generated the underlying data and replaced it in the Excel workbook. However, upon "refreshing" the PivotTable against the new data, I find that the 'improper values' still show up in the drop-down lists despite the fact that they no longer exist in the data! How can I remove the bad values from the drop-down lists without entirely rebuilding the PivotTable? Thank you for any help! ...

Writing VARIANT to a binary file
Hi there, Is there any way to read/write a VARIANT such as U_I4, CComBSTR,VT_BOOL to a binary file? Please help... Regards, Sameer Sure. Write out the VARTYPE tag, then based on the VARTYPE, write out the member. Alternatively, you could ignore it entirely and just do VARIANT v; ... set variant files file.Write(&v, sizeof(VARIANT)); The problem arises when you try to read the variant in; you will have to read the VARTYPE tag, then based on the tag, read the correct number of bytes appropriate for the variant. The writing and reading will have to have one case for each VT_ type. ...

file not opening
I am running Windows XP and excel 2002. I double click on a file and it opens excel, but not the file. Knowing about computers I went to folder options to see if something changed the file type. I open up the xls extension and see new, open, print, printto, & scan for viruses. Open is set to default. When I edit open aplication used to preform action: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" /e use dde box is checked dde message: [open("%1")] application: excel dde aplication not running: empty topic: system Try Tools / Options / General / ...

How do I make a read only file?
In publisher - is there a way to make a read only file as you do for EXCEL or Word? Thanks Brenda You can change the attributes but if you send someone a .pdf file it will do the same thing. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Brenda Mickelson" <brenda@dee-bee.com> wrote in message news:553CD213-E916-4E24-9F30-EAD0F1FEA628@microsoft.com... > In publisher - is there a way to make a read only file as you do for EXCEL > or Word? > > Thanks > Brenda ...

Excel 97 file size limit?
Hi, I use Excel 97(version created in 1996) on windows 98. I am not a computer expert and I need some perspective on how large I could eventually make a file before it reaches it's limit and will not function anymore. I use one file and only one workspace in that file. I will keep adding data in cells and formulas in some cells to calculate entered data. My total file size is 10,500KB so far. I have a bunch of numeric data entered from cell A1 to DZ1320. Then I have a number of formulas in cells from A1325 to P1460. My formulas are basicly simple, average "this row"...

Locating the last table entry
I have an Access front end linked to sql tables. After a new record has beenadded to a table I need to process some data. I was locating the last newentry by running a query to find the max ID which should be the latest entrysince th id was an autonumber field. I have now modified the system tosynchronise tables and the id is now a GUIID. The query no longer returnsthe last entered record.How can I determine the last entry in an sql table.Thanks.Alex On Mar 15, 11:39 am, "Paradigm" <nos...@hotmail.com> wrote:> I have an Access front end linked to sql tables. After a new reco...

Web page file name output
My client has a 100 page publisher document and I am trying to convert that to Web pages. It works BUT, the out put files file names that don't make sense. I end up with Page1152.htm, Page1351.htm, Page1390.htm and not page 1, 2, 3 etc that I would expect. I can't see any rhyme or reason to the page numbers that it outputs. I would have thought that it would use the emended page numbers within the document. Is there a way to make the Web output the pages Page1.htm, Page2.htm etc? Dan The bad new is that is the way both Publisher 2003 and 2007 work by design and default....and ...

PST file password #2
I have a back up of outlook from February that I need data from. It is asking me for a password when I go to import the file. I don't even remember creating a password! I have tried a dozen or so that I would normally use for computer or internet passwords. None work. Can I reset it? Over-ride it? Bottom line, how can I import the file. Thanks. The PST was created in what version of Outlook? And to answer the questions... 1) Microsoft does not provide any utilities or tools to reset the password. 2) Yes, using 3rd party software that costs $$$. However there is one free tool that...

Pivot Table Row Field
I created a pivot table in Excel 2000. There is only one Row Field referring to a list of SalesRepNames. As Reps terminate, their names in the source data are replaced by new names. When I refresh the pivot table, the old names are replaced by the new names. However, the old names still appear in the drop down list for the row field. How can I get rid of the obsolete names? There are instructions on my web site for clearing old items from a PivotTable dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Jen wrote: > I created a pivot table in Excel 2000. There i...

Merging pst files
I hava a mailbox called Retained Mail where I track inbound and outbound email on a daily basis. In other words I create a different pst each day. How can I merge one month of pst into just one pst folder. That's 30 days of individual pst files into one pst. Vejay <sbalgobin@amoplans.com> wrote: > I hava a mailbox called Retained Mail where I track > inbound and outbound email on a daily basis. In other > words I create a different pst each day. How can I merge > one month of pst into just one pst folder. That's 30 days > of individual pst files into one pst....

find records in one table not in another table
hi to all I'm sure this is easy, but as a new user I could use some help. tblAllMembers lists records for all present and past members of a sports club. tblCurrentMembers has the same fields but lists only currently registered members. Both tables have primary key memID. I need a query that lists all records in tblAllMembers that are NOT in tblCurrentMembers. Any help is appreciated. -- Thanks Sophie Create a new query, and select the Find Unmatched Query Wizard. It'll walk you through the process. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e...

Downloading SupplierList table from HQ to Store
Hi all ... We have a custom developed add-on that uses the SupplierList table at HQ level. We also want to run this add-on at store level, but have problems since the SupplierList id's are different between HQ and store. I have copied the SupplierList table from HQ to the store (on my test system), without any obvious problems yet revealing themselves. Does anybody know if I will "break" anything at the store level if I sync the HQ SupplierList table to the Store SupplierList table? Thanks, peter SupplierList.ID is just an identity. I can't think of any reason that y...

Add a record to a table using VBA
Hi, I have three feilds: SERVER, TYPE, ERROR I would like to simply add a new record (three feilds mentioned above) to a table using VBA (when a user clicks a button), however my form also contains an option group, and if the first option button is selected then SERVER = ALL, if the second option button is selected, then SERVER = servname. Can anyone advise the SQL statement I need to use? Any help is always greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT. DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tableName(server, type, error) VALUES( FORMS!formNameHere!server, FORMS!formNameHere!...

Pub File linked with Excel File?
I wish to transmit (Via Email or to be Downloaded) a pair of files - one Publisher linked with data in an excel file. How may i accomplish this w/o breaking the link? ...

howto convert a table field from double precision into long integer with a query
I have to convert the source table field to the exact same destination table with conversion of 1 field double percision into long integer Can someone help me out? Thanx Here's a Data Definition Language (DDL) query example: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#ModifyFieldDDL -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bart" <vdb@telenet.be> wrote in message news:6aef4c39-557c-4401-841a-efba8af6d7db@c16g2000yqd.googlegroup...

Great Plains Error (Stored procedure createSQL Tmp Table)
Has anyone found the cause or solution to this error: "The stored procedure createSQL Tmp Table returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Great Plains: 0." I found an almost identical error in this knowledge base article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;852594 The article recommends having users exit GP, then bounce the SQL Server database- not an acceptable solution. Would love to know the cause or fix. TIA, david Hi I think the only solution is to restart the SQL services. This is a SQL error rather than a GP error. You have ...

Restoring money backup file
my old computer crashed but i had used 20 floppy disks to backup my money file. i have tried restoring the backup through the restoring backup option but i get an error displaying that my mbf file is corrupted or is not a money file. i have tried opening the sample money file and restoring it that way, did not work. i did backup my money file to another hard drive but that was in 2004. i can open that file fine but i need my data from the past two years. any ideas? i am using ms money 2007, i used to use 2004. i am running windows xp If the backup is in 2004, and the version you'...

Complete information extraction from archive files.
I have a number of Outlook archive files (.pst). Is there an easy way to access information from them other than by using Outlook? If not, is the way to extract data in text form (so that it can be processed by other utilities) to open the archive using Outlook, and save all the messages to file - is there a way to also get the full headers? "Chris Bacon" <chrispbacon@thai.com> wrote in message news:448fe9d0$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... >I have a number of Outlook archive files (.pst). Is there an easy > way to access information from them other than by using Outlook? &g...

Print to File Technique
Hi! I used the Option: Print\Print to File (Check) Now i am unable to open the file which xl has created using "Print t File" Check in Print Dialog box. What i want to do is: I want to transfer all the day, necessary files to some place say Prin to file. And at the end i give all print commands to print the variou documents. Can any one tell me how to use the check Print to File. Thanks in advance. Jabee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you used print to file and used your printer driver to make this .prn file, then you can't open it later to see anyth...

file lock with excel when file, close workbook instead of exiting Excel completly
Ok we have some excel files that get locked. Consist on a Win2k3 share. Basically a user will open them up in Excel and then use File, Close but keep excel 2003 open. So the file is closed! Now another user tries to open the file but gets file is open by user open as read only. The first user must completly exit excel and then the file becomes available. I have done searches and can't find anything this specific. Please anyhelp would be great. Jamie Hi, May be cache problem, i don't now. But if you want , more than one user at the same time; Open Excel File, Tools --...

Detect system Idle (NOT just 'no user input')
How do I detect if the system is idle or how much it has been idle in the last say 20ms for example. This is similar to the idle time display in 'WinTop' or other process monitoring programs. My goal is to determine if all apps that may have needed to do a paint have finished their painting. Thanks, Harvey OnIdle() PeekMessage "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> ??????:1175147532.713355.47540@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How do I detect if the system is idle or how much it has been idle in > the last say 20ms for example. This is similar to the idle time > di...