Hide System Fileds in table

Hello All,
How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and
s_GUID?
Thanks
Abe

0
Abe

You posed your question in a newsgroup dedicated to Access forms.  I'll
assume you want not to see those fields in your form, rather than "hiding"
them in the underlying table.  After all, you don't want your users mucking
about in the tables directly...

If you need/want the fields attached to the form, but not visible, you can
set the control's .Visible property to False.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Abe Katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and
> s_GUID?
> Thanks
> Abe

0
Jeff
3/19/2010 3:18:39 PM
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:43:55 -0400, "Abe Katz" <abekatz@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and
>s_GUID?
>Thanks
>Abe

In a Table? AFAIK you can't. But then users should never see table datasheets
in a production database anyway; they should see only Forms, and on a form you
can just not display these fields.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Cannot Create File When That File Already Exists Installation Error
Hi, I'm running a test install of MSCRM on a VPC and I'm getting an error message that says Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ConfigureServiceVirtualDirAction failed. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. It gives me the option to Retry, which immediately fails and displays the error again, and to Cancel, which will end the installation process early and show me a log, but the log doesn't say what file it is attempted to create that already exists. The VPC is the latest one (not the one that's coming out right NOW, but the last one). The server is running on S...

Store file sizes do not make sense.
I am running Exchange Enterprise 2003 sp1 My priv1.edb is 20GB's, my priv1.stm is 70GB's. All but one of my users is using Outlook 2003. (the one user that doesn't use ol2003 is me) We only have limited use of OWA. I have tried to perform an offline defrag, and the stm file only dropped by 1 GB. I am left wondering what is actually in the STM file when you add up all the mailboxes, it only totals approximately 18GB's. The couple of questions I have. What in the world of Microsoft is chewing up so much space? Other than moving all of the mailboxes to another server, cleaning ...

Hiding formuals in cells question

System Offline - Outlook Hangs
Office 2007 Ultimate XP Pro SP3 I had an Internet connectivity problem and had to take my computer offline. When I started Outlook I got a message from the tray icon saying Outlook could not reach the server and would be working offline. Then it turned into a different icon and the mouse over tip says "Microsoft Outlook is synchronizing folders." Outlook is "Not Responding". The status bar says "Send/Receive Status 60%". Is there a problem using Outlook offline? Why does it say it is synchronizing folders when there isn't anything to synchronize them wi...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Excel table set up help needed
How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? A table or chart? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D9A594-A465-4859-BE98-C6151351456F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? ...

System keep rebooting and safe mode is not working
hello. i run xp and in trying to boot up, the system shuts down and restarts again and again. I have tried "last good config," but it makes no difference. I try to access safe mode, but it won't let me get further than trying - it too returns me to constant rebooting. i chose 'no reboot on failure,' and got the following stop error: 0x0000007B (0x79BB528, 0xc0000000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) i ran a scan disk and it revealed no disc problems and i installed the drive as a slave and ran malware bytes and super antispy - they found nothing. i am afraid ...

SYLK file format
Hi all, I'm going crazy to find any updated info about the SYLK (SYmbolic LinK) File format. Google.com, Mamma.com, MSDN, TECHNET, I have searched really everywere finding only useless things or broken links. The only details I have found are older than 1990, and I don't know how accurate. Then, any help (links, info, files, anything) will be very appreciated! I need to know: 1) If SYLK is a standard and who owe it. 2) The actual (last) SYLK file format. Many thanks in advance. M.Rossi (you can reply here or to mario.red .n.o.s.p.a.m. @email.it) I have no idea if this is current...

hide my name

..scan a table in excel
Hi every one, I wonder if there is a way i can scan a document with tables into excel or it is not possible. I was trying to, but when it offered options to save the just scaned paper, it listed different formats (extentions) but there was not excel extantion listed. I did on txt, but is there way in excel. Basicly i would like to scan a table in excel so that i can change entries whenever i like. Any thougths? Thank's Margots Text may end up being your best bet. What other common extensions were offered? Anything ending in .DB or .DBF? "Margots" <makapacs@hotmail.com> wr...

Automatic file associasion, (with no install)
Hi, Is there a way/default or behaviour that would enable me to associate a file extension with a program without installing anything? The extension would of course be totally new and not replace existing ones, the program would be in the same folder, (probably). I want to transport the files on my USB key from PC to PC but I don't want to install the app everytime. And the default windows dialog box asking the user to choose an app is a bit ugly and time consuming. Maybe something like an Autorun.inf setting would allow me to do that? But then the user can disable the Autorun. An...

NDR Codes
When a message bounces back due to some errors, there's a code at the bottom of the form: #x.x.x Anyone know of a good site that explains each of these in laymen's terms? I found microsofts (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204) but I was hoping there would be another site that someone put together in simpler terms. Our students at the college provide level one troubleshooting and I'm trying to put together a list for them. Thanks for the help. On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:26:12 -0500, "GC Postmaster" <email_accounts@gordon.edu> wrote: >When a message ...

How sort filtered file.
Dear Sir/Mam, I m facing new problem in these days. I have workbook which contains data like this s.no. Name of Customer BillNo. Date Concession Form Form No. Amount How can i sort data after filtering by customer name in ascending order with serial no. I want to sort all data by ascending order of customer name. Thanks Rao ratan Singh As far as I know, if you sort it after filtering, you'll only sort the filtered data, not the whole data set. If you want the whole data set sorted, you'll need to do that before filtering. "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSing...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Expanding System Partition On-The-Fly?
My internal drive is currently partitioned: - 30 gigs "C:" - System - 400+ gigs "W:" - Work Assuming I don't mind losing the contents of W:, can I use My Computer | Manage | Disk Management to increase the C:'s partition without hosing my system? If I were to do it, I guess I'd first delete the existing "W:" partition, then increase the size of "C:", and finally create a new "W:" with whatever's left. What're my chances of coming out of this with an intact system? -- PeteCresswell "(PeteCr...

Saving .pub file to pdf file?
I have 2002 MS Office XP Prof with Publisher. When I go through "save as.." pdf is not an option How about going to print and selecting Adobe PDF? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tresa" <Tresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5FFC532-BF61-4F14-84DF-755A0CA2B31E@microsoft.com... >I have 2002 MS Office XP Prof with Publisher. When I go through "save as.." > pdf is not an option Tresa <Tresa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Prevent new pivot table items from being selected
I have a pivot table that contains accounts and reports sales by account. Users selected the accounts they want to see and save their spreadsheet. When new accounts are added to the accounts list, users do not want to see the new accounts. They only want to see the accounts they selected from a previous session when they refresh the pivot table. Does anyone know how to prevent the new accounts from appearing in the pivot table? Thanks! Tom, Use another column: Include, with values of Yes or No, and include it in your pivot table, showing only Yes. Then when new data is added, enter ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

refrence field on a table
I am trying to have a button on a form where I push it and it opens the form matching a field in the original form. I am starting in "entry" form I click the button "addrun" it then opens the "run" form. on both forms I have a field [formationid] I am trying to have those fields match when I open the "run" form. I tried the following in the where condition of the open form macro. [Forms]![entry]![formation.formationid]=[Forms]![run]![formationid] On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:53:01 -0700, Fipp <Fipp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am gettin...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

link word table to excel table
If have a world table with 5 rows and 5 columns and a corresponding rows/columns in excel, can I link the word document to the exce document? This way, if I change the excel figures, this will chang the figures in word? I have tried the insert database function but this leaves me with onl the 'crap' generic autoformats for the table. I have a format I wan to keep. Any ideas? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pobuckley, you can enter the data in Excel, then cell by cell you can copy and Paste Special > Paste Link as unformatted text into Word. The...

Problems With File Attachments.
Hi, I have an NT 4.0 workstation with Office 2000 installed. Whenever I try and attach a file it tells me that I dont have enough memory and to close some applications. I do not have anything open. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Ray ...