Hide subforms control from main forms control

I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform
if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code.
Please help.

0
New_Access

Ciao New_Access wrote:
> I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform
> if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code.
> Please help.

Private sub form_current()

if youControlName => "1" then

  forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false

end if

end sub

--
Ciao
Geppo

0
geppo
12/7/2007 12:26:04 PM
geppo,
why does access think my FormName is a fieldname.

"geppo" <ccc@tin.it.invalid> wrote in message
> Ciao New_Access wrote:
> > I have no idea how to hide some controls in my subform
> > if value in a textbox in main form is >1 or =1.I can't write a code.
> > Please help.
>

> Private sub form_current()
>
> if youControlName => "1" then
>
>   forms!NameForm!SubForm.form.YouControlName.visible = false
>
> end if
>
> end sub
>

> --
> Ciao
> Geppo

0
New_Access

MSCOMM Control with Excel 2003
What is the correct version of MSCOMM to be used with Excel 2003. I am experiencing very strange behaviour and do not understand the root cause. Thank you in advance, TomC ...

To Record in Form View from Query
I have a query run from FORM view using a button. To view records associated with parameters built in the query. I would like to select the record and view it back in the FORM view and continue on editing from there. Is it possible to add a column in my query with this type of feature or something along those lines?! -- DrewBe Hi, people usually do this sort of thing with 2 forms. The first form allows a user to choose which record they want to edit. After they choose the record there will be a button to click or sometimes a double click which opens the second form with only the re...

Reply's from MS Publisher Forms
I have added a response form to my website, However when i click submit ,it returns error 404. In the from form prperties i have entered my email address. I have check that my server is running MS Frontpage extensions, how do i get the form to send reply 's to my email address, & how do i create a confirmation page. Please can anyone help with submitting forms so i can recieve a reply from it. Many thanks Brelade. A reference article Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.co...

Need to hide the error
Hi ... I guess this is always going to be a problem fo me. So sorry for asking for help like this many times. I have this formula here: =SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(F8*4,0)/4) that keeps giving me this "#VALUR!" error when nothing is being entered, of course this can be very annoying when presented and I want to know if anyone can help me, and actualy explain to me how it was done. Just a little info since I really want to tackle this problem on my own next time. Thanks again in advance. I really appreciate it. Koji Hi first you don't need SUMPRODUCT for this formula. The followin...

This book has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and other fea
-- Acácio Bike A couple of paragraphs of text including excel version, operational scenarios and possibly some code may let the rest of us give you a more targeted solution. You cannot fit it all into the heading! -- Ken "Using Dbase dialects since 82" "Started with Visicalc in the same year" "Acácio" wrote: > > -- > Acácio Bike ...

Budget input form/worksheet
Anyone got a form or worksheet that staff members can use to provide input on their organization's annual budget? We are a non-profit trying to work smarter. Our Director tasked me yesterday with developing something that can be given to the staff members, in a standard format, that can be easily consolidated into a central proposed budget. Rather than (possibly) reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd ask the readers of this NG if this has been done and is available as a download. TIA -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a 501 (c)(3) organization ...

Set value in a query when opening a form
I have in a database an append query which has a Yes/No field Append. The query appends only those records where the Append field value is set to No (0). In the OnOpen event of a form, I want to first run the append query to add any new records, then set the value of the Append field to Yes (-1), then finish opening or loading the form. How can I do this programmaticaly? Ivor Ivor: You can do this using DAO. In the VBA editor, open the Tools menu, select References, and, in the References dialog, select Microsoft DAO 3.6. Close the References dialog. In the database window, create ...

How to hide a GUI program with systray icon?
Hi, Everybody! I have a GUI program which can minimize itself to the systray; What I need to do is to hide it's systray icon so that people won't know it is running by looking at my screen. Will it do if I hook Shell_NotifyIcon? Thanks! You can hide the icon by simply removing it. And show it by simply reinserting the icon in the taskbar. AliR. <j012xjj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153114375.184762.88760@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody! > > I have a GUI program which can minimize itself to the systray; What I > need to do is to hide it'...

How to Open Main and Sub in VBA
Hi, I'm trying every which was to search for a particular participant on my sub form and am getting close, but... The code below is executed after typing in the ppt_no in a small form and clicking the Search button. It opens the subform I'm looking for, but what I'd like it to do is open not just the sub-form, but the main form in which it is usually housed. The main form has the house address, etc. and the subform has the people who live in the houses. I have been unable to search for a participant in particular because it only searches through the people in the current...

does GP print 1099-B forms?
Does GP print other 1099's besides DIV, MISC and INT? Thanks. Up through GP 10 it's still DIV, Misc and INT by default. Mark On Jan 15, 11:15=A0pm, "6538" <beach_house1...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does GP print other 1099's besides DIV, MISC and INT? > > Thanks. ...

importing with a custom contact form results in a notes record
I am importing a comma deliniated dos file to a contacts sub-folder using a custom contacts form and the imported records arrive in a notes format rather than my custom contact format. When I add a record manually the custom form produces the desired result. My form starts with IPM.Contact.Principals. What am I doing wrong? and can I change a notes record to a contact record after the fact. I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

Hide Zero Value Data Points
I am using a bar graph to chart services by the quarter. I need data label values on the data series that has a value of more than zero but would like to hide the data labels for any value that is zero. Is anyone aware of a way to hide the 0 value data label until that value of that series is more than zero? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dewayne Hi, Use a custom number format (whole values only) 0;;; Cheers Andy Dewayne wrote: > I am using a bar graph to chart services by the quarter. I need data label > values on the data series that has a value of more than zero but would ...

Form not functioning properly
I've got a form that I use the following code to open. Private sub lbl_Admin_Click me.visible = false DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_Admin" 'Don't go back to the main form while "frm_Admin" is loaded While CurrentProject.AllForms("frm_Admin").IsLoaded: DoEvents: Wend me.visible = true end sub I use this code, rather than opening the form in Dialog mode, because "frm_Admin" has a couple of buttons on it that hide it, and open other forms. If I didn't have the While:Wend loop in here, when I hide frm_Admin, my splash screen ...

about form refresh
Hi guys: I show a messagebox on the form that it has a parent, the form and its parent are both inherit CWnd, and they are the same size. when I close the messagebox, the form's OnPaint() isn't actived, but the whole form refresh, its OnPaint() is actived.I don't why. Now, I want to write some codes in the OnPaint().The form's OnPaint() is actived when the form' s small rect refresh not whole. how to do that? Thanks! Best regards PPDragon Try calling Invalidate() when you want to refresh the entire window. Tom "PPDragon" <zouqun@ynmail.co...

cascade combobox with one combobox in a subform
I have a form with a subform. The formfPerfEmissionGua) has a field called FuelClass. (Gas,Liquid,Duel,Multi) The subform(fPerfEmissionGuaDetails)is based off of a table called tFuel with the fields... FuelID -- GasLiquid -- FuelName 1 -- Gas -- Propane 2 -- Gas -- Buthane 3 -- Liquid -- JetA 4 -- Liquid -- Crude The subform is used as a dropdown choice of the above fields. It is a contiguous form. I would like to be able to choose the FuelClass - Gas in the main form, and the sub form drop down only show the fuels for Gas only (Pro...

Record shift or change on form
When the application is left alone with a record displayed on a form, it sometimes jumps to another record without any keyboard or mouse input. Is this a bug? Any plausible explanations? Karl On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:27:02 -0700, Karl H <KarlH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Some VBA code is making this happen, perhaps from a Timer event. -Tom. >When the application is left alone with a record displayed on a form, it >sometimes jumps to another record without any keyboard or mouse input. >Is this a bug? Any plausible explanations? >Karl Hi Tom, I have 200 users, and ...

Customizing a Popup Form as a Message Box
How does a person create a message box which is a popup form instead of the standard boring gray rectangle? Im reasonably new to this but here is the approach i would start on create a form to look however you want with a unbound textbox.. set its Modal property yes (has to be closed to continue) then in your code where you had a message box DoCmd.OpenForm "messageform" Forms.messageform.messagetextbox = "here is your text" hope this helps Barry "VWP1" wrote: > How does a person create a message box which is a popup form instead of the ...

Enter values in table from form using dlookup
Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to put values in a table, using data entered on a form? Like if the person enters for item a, 1, then it adds 1 to item A in a table. I've tried dlookup(blah) = me.text1 but it doesn't work. Thanks Dear s4: What you want is the way it is supposed to work. You don't need to do a lookup to move data from a form to a table, you simply need to "bind" your form to the table (or a query based on the table). Every form has a "Record Source" property; which should be the name of the table or query you want to be the source ...

Query and Form to edit record
Hello Friends, So, I have a few tables: tblAgency Agency_ID = PK tblLOC LOC_ID = PK tblProgram Prm_Code = PK Agency_ID = FK LOC_ID = FK tblCensusEvent CensusEvent_ID = PK Prm_Code = FK CensusDate Census Discharges Admissions I have a great form with subform where I use a dropdown to choose the agency and it's program and then input the census, discharge and admission data for a specific date. Now I want a form where I can choose the Agency and it's Program in a similar dropdown and find that record with the census date, census, discharge and admission data and edit it if I n...

Populate other addresses from main address
Is there a way to make CRM populate the main address on an account to the secondary and contact addresses? -- TC Hi TC, If we have understood your requirement correctly, you would want the address entered on the account to be automatically copied to the contacts added to the account. If the above is true, if you add the contact from the left navigation option from the Account form, the address does get copied to the contact also it sets the parent customer as the account. HTH Thanks! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-...

Opening XFDL form using VBA
I have a electronic form that is in the format of XFD or XFDL. The IBM Lotus Form Viewer is used to open the form, enter information and can be printed, saved, or emailed. I have a need to open the form from an Access database and pass data to it, populating the form. I have tried many methods, including FollowHyperlink, and the form does not open. The viewer starts but it is blank. I even tried to open the viewer and pass SendKeys command to do a CTRL+O to open the form, but that doesn't even work. It's as if the viewer is blocking the access to the form. I can...

SOP Form Question
We have several customers that require we put a Department on their invoice. One customer has about 10 and the other one has about 50. I have create a Department field on the User Defined form and if click the hour glass you can see all 60 departments. My question: is there a way to setup an Xref somewhere that would filter the dropdown values that would be associated to each customer? The issue is that a user may inadvertently select a department that is not valid for that customer. I am trying to make this as much idiot proof as possible. Any suggestions would be welcomed. T...

Form To Database Problem
Hello, i have created a form for users to fill in. I want to transfe this data to an excel database. But iam not sure how to create thi database. Basically i need a submit botton that records all the dat from the form to a next sheet. Another problem is i have drop down menus i dont know how to transfe this data ti text as i click on something in the box a number appear in the linked cell. How can i change say number one to equal somethin like sales or number 2 to equal finance etc. Any suggestions Please Help.:confused: :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you...

Something wrong when xml control is not showing data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C60F88.8BCE9BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am using VB/ASP.net 2005. When I click submit it refreshes the page = without entering the data from all the text boxes and not entering in = the Game1.xml. here is the asp.vb code Imports System.Xml Partial Class _game1 Inherits Web.UI.Page ............... Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As = System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click Dim xDoc As New XmlDocum...

opening an excel form using an access button #2
thanks for the suggestion. thats what i'm doing now. is there any wa to integrate access and excel so that I can install all together o different machines -- -Brian-H ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -Brian-H-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26446 I don't understand the question. What do you mean "install"? The Office applications? Or YOUR applications? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification ...