Hide Ribbon - Show Print

I would like to hide the Ribbon on start up, but still have a way to show a
way to show the print dialog box. I have been able to hide the Ribbon using
the USYSRIBBON table and the following XML, but it also disables all of the
options on the Office button, so if a report is previewed, there is no way
to print. My solution must bring up the print dialog so that the user can
select his printer.
:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">

<commands>

<command idMso="FileNewDatabase" enabled="false"/>

<command idMso="FileCloseDatabase" enabled="false"/>

<command idMso="ApplicationOptionsDialog" enabled="false"/>

<command idMso="FileExit" enabled="false"/>

</commands>

</customUI>

0
Terry

My bad - posted the wrong XML - please find the correct code below:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">

<ribbon startFromScratch="true">

</ribbon>

</customUI>

Terry

"Terry" <terry@schawe.com> wrote in message
>I would like to hide the Ribbon on start up, but still have a way to show a
>way to show the print dialog box. I have been able to hide the Ribbon using
>the USYSRIBBON table and the following XML, but it also disables all of the
>options on the Office button, so if a report is previewed, there is no way
>to print. My solution must bring up the print dialog so that the user can
>select his printer.
> :
>
> <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
>
> <commands>
>
> <command idMso="FileNewDatabase" enabled="false"/>
>
> <command idMso="FileCloseDatabase" enabled="false"/>
>
> <command idMso="ApplicationOptionsDialog" enabled="false"/>
>
> <command idMso="FileExit" enabled="false"/>
>
> </commands>
>
> </customUI>

0
Terry
1/11/2010 2:34:01 AM
Just build an custom ribbon for the report. For each report, you then just
specify that ribbon in the "other tab"

I have nice report example that has pdf + email ability built in.

You can find that example here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm

direct link:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/RibbonReportPDF.zip

grab the one called
Access 2007 report ribbon example (with PDF and email)

Just cut + paste in the report xml into your table.

And, then just import the two code modules...

You can also grab the one called:
Access 2007 Hidden interface example
The above one has a simple ribbon interface without the email + pdf options.

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
1/11/2010 9:38:52 AM
Albert has a great example for a print preview ribbon, also needed 100% for
any kind of application using the access runtime.

If you are not using the runtime, I usually just go with a custom ribbon
(while the whole application is up, it could be pretty simple) and then just
use the "out of the box" print preview ribbon.  Just specify your custom
ribbon for the forms and specify no ribbon for the reports and they will use
the "out of the box" ribbon.

However Albert's has a few touches that are better than the "out of the box"
so maybe I'll start using it everywhere.

My two cents,
Mark

"Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal@msn.com> wrote in message
> Just build an custom ribbon for the report. For each report, you then just
> specify that ribbon in the "other tab"
>
> I have nice report example that has pdf + email ability built in.
>
> You can find that example here:
>
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm
>
> direct link:
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/RibbonReportPDF.zip
>
> grab the one called
> Access 2007 report ribbon example (with PDF and email)
>
> Just cut + paste in the report xml into your table.
>
> And, then just import the two code modules...
>
> You can also grab the one called:
> Access 2007 Hidden interface example
> The above one has a simple ribbon interface without the email + pdf
> options.
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Mark

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

printing #18
when i try to print my business card or printview it tells me3 unable to load driver. Although printer works in all other applications Go to the manufacture's web site of your printer model, see if there is an updated driver. Or you might re-install the driver you have, it is always wise to completely uninstall a driver before installing/reinstalling a driver. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Contact Ribbon
The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the SAVE & CLOSE option. I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts. It seams they should have put the delete option in a safer place? I am aware that the ribbon can not be changed. I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably become more carfull as time goes on. Is there a way to undo delete? Is there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the information and re-entering it? thanks Paul Might I suggest just clicking the "x" to close and then answer "Yes" t...

Prevent Copy, Print, etc.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C8FD62.DF1421C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there some way to prevent an email in Outlook 2007 from being copied, = forwarded, printed, etc. when sent? --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C8FD62.DF1421C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DCont...

How do I get a pasted screen print to appear?
I have created a screen print and pasted it into Excel. However, whenever I close and re-open the file or simply toggle to another tab, the screen print dissapears. The only way I can make it reappear is to select "Reset Picture" from the "Picture Toolbar." I have tried to "Bring to Front" the picture but that doesn't make the picture appear at all. Does anyone know what the solution is to have this screenprint permanently show up so that I don't have to continually press "Reset Picture"? ...

hide my name

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Print Limitation?
I have a user that receives email with alot of attachments. The user wants to print the email with a list of attachments for distribution purposes. I currently have Outlook set up with the ability to print an icon view of the attachments. Is there any way to set up Outlook to print a listing of the attachments instead of large icons. Operating System = Windows 2000 Pro SP4 Office = 2000 Pro SP3 Thanks in advance, Dennis ...

Print multiple non-sequential pages?
Hello, TIA Having been playing around with various printing methods for the past week or so, I'm noticing that I don't see any method to print via VBA a set of pages in a non-sequential order... DoCmd.PrintOut offers us a Range to work with, but how about particular page selections? Ex. Pages 1-4, 9, 15 Is the standard method for this to use PrintOut 3 times, one for 1-4, another for 9, and another for 15? I don't see any reason why I couldn't do this, but was wondering if the feature is built-in somewhere and I haven't found it... thanks ...

Hiding a worksheet #3

printed product is different than on screen
Microsoft Publisher- I have formed a rectangle and set the color to be "0% transparent to 100% transparent" which creates a fade to nothing look. Well, when I print it, it is not transparent at all. It is a completely colored in rectangle. I have put it on CD and taken to Kinko's and the same thing happens. It's not the printer and probably not the program (Word does it too). Any suggestions? Please help if possible. Fact of life when not printing to an inkjet printer. There are various work arounds, but it depends what you have to do. -- The US should free all those ille...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

PO Printing ERROR
I am facing problum in printing the Purchase order after approval. When i open any PO and try to print it by pressing PRINT button it shows an error like "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" and Quit form RMS Manager Plz any one help me out from this problum. Regards, Naveed ...

How to "flow" a excel spreadsheet while printing
I have a long vertical excel spreadsheet. When I print it, it occupies the left portion of the paper. I manipulate the printer settings so that it occupies 2 columns. However, I'm not able to port the settings across printers and I have to set it again when I distribute the spreadsheet. Is there a setting in Excel which allows me to flow the vertical columns into multiple columns ? eg left, centre, right on 1 page ? Thanks very much in advance for your advice. As far as I know you need to split up the multi column work sheet over several worksheets. Start by selecting t...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Catalog Merge templates do not line up when printed
It appears the "next record" logic in the Publisher mail merge logic is missing when attempting to print any document that has more than 1 copy per sheet? Publisher will only print data from one record per physical page and not move to next record for each postcard on the page. ie) 8.5" x 11" paper, 8.5" x 5.5" post card, 1 column per page, 2 cards per page But has anyone, in the MVP community, created a workaround? Being a long time user of MS tools, we always had to hack around the MS shortcomings. I'm not a Publisher expert and need to get a fix...

Cannot Print
I have OneNote 07. When I have an open document in Word and click print, it automatically goes to OneNote, I click Print and states "Please wait while OneNote adds a printout of the document" and I don't recieve a printed copy. I am so frustrated! I cannot find a preference button to see why this is happening. My college classes have started and I cannot print anything. Will someone please help me? Thanks. Everyone, Just figured out what was wrong. Thanks "Cyberdot" wrote: > I have OneNote 07. When I have an open document in Word and click print,...

Hiding plot Area

print 2 worksheets on the same page side-by side
I am creating a template that has two worksheets, I need to print the worksheets on the same page side-by-side. The problem I am having with them on the same page is when I hide the rows with zero values on one side it hides the the numbers on the other side You have a response at your other thread. wil4d wrote: > > I am creating a template that has two worksheets, I need to print the > worksheets on the same page side-by-side. The problem I am having with them > on the same page is when I hide the rows with zero values on one side it > hides the the numbers on the other s...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Printing a Booklet on 8.5 X 11
Sorry, gave wrong email address before. I am trying to print a booklet on 8.5" X 11" paper, landscaped & folded in half (5.5" X 8.5"). The only option I can find in MSPUB help is printing and 8.5 X 11 on 11 X 17 paper. Anyone have suggestions?? Thanks Rob ...

Report Printing
Greetings, I would like to loop through a query printing a report based on the current record. Any ideas? Guessing as to what you mean, you could specify the criteria in the report's Record Source query, or you could use the Where condition of the OpenReport action. If more information is needed, you must supply more details. Jeff wrote: >Greetings, I would like to loop through a query printing a report based on >the current record. Any ideas? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:03:01 -0700, Jeff wrote: > Greetings, ...

Trouble with toggleButtons on ribbon
Hi, I have two custom toggle buttons on a ribbon and my code looks okay to me, but obviously I've done something wrong because everytime I click either one, I get "Object variable or with block variable not set" error; my code is below, can someone PLEASE help me out with this? Public gRibbonUI As IRibbonUI Public gbPressed1 As Boolean Public gbPressed2 As Boolean 'Callback for customUI.onLoad Sub rxRibbonUI_onLoad(ribbon As IRibbonUI) Set gRibbonUI = ribbon End Sub 'Callback for rxTB1 getLabel Sub BalAct_getLabel(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef retu...