Goofy Form Problem

I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our
managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they
enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter
anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt
the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries
work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes?
Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset?
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Golfinray" wrote:

> I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our
> managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they
> enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter
> anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt
> the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries
> work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I know the allow additions and edits are set to yes. How do I see if my query
creates an updatable recordset? Is there some query property that has to be
set for that?

"Klatuu" wrote:

> Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes?
> Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset?
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Golfinray" wrote:
>
> > I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our
> > managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they
> > enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter
> > anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt
> > the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries
> > work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks!
No, there is no property for that.  If you open a datasheet view of your form
and see if there is a blank record at the bottom then the recordset is
updatable.  If there is no blank line, it is not.  Some queries create
recordsets that can't be updated.  For example, Union queries, Totals
queries, and some with complex joins can't be updated.

--

"Golfinray" wrote:

> I know the allow additions and edits are set to yes. How do I see if my query
> creates an updatable recordset? Is there some query property that has to be
> set for that?
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes?
> > Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset?
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Golfinray" wrote:
> >
> > > I have four forms, Manager A, B, C, and D. The forms are there so that our
> > > managers can enter data such as when a new construction form comes in they
> > > enter it on the form. B, C, and D work fine. The A form you cannot enter
> > > anything. I have checked and unchecked every control on the form and rebuilt
> > > the form a dozen times. The tables are reasonably normalized and the queries
> > > work like a charm. This is driving up the wall. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I checked the form (actually a form and subform) both have blank records at
the bottom. The queries are plain jane select queries. Anyway, I just rebuilt
the form again and it is allowing additions and edits. Weird huh? Thanks so
much for your help! golfinray

"Klatuu" wrote:

> No, there is no property for that.  If you open a datasheet view of your form
> and see if there is a blank record at the bottom then the recordset is
> updatable.  If there is no blank line, it is not.  Some queries create
> recordsets that can't be updated.  For example, Union queries, Totals
> queries, and some with complex joins can't be updated.
>
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Golfinray" wrote:
>
> > I know the allow additions and edits are set to yes. How do I see if my query
> > creates an updatable recordset? Is there some query property that has to be
> > set for that?
> >
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you sure Allow Additions and Allow Edits for the form are set to Yes?
> > > Are you sure your queries create an updatable recordset?
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

**** happens.

I am right now working on a similar problem.  Some of my forms that were
working correctly started having problems like not being able to set focus to
a control and not being able to set a bookmark.
--

"Golfinray" wrote:

> I checked the form (actually a form and subform) both have blank records at
> the bottom. The queries are plain jane select queries. Anyway, I just rebuilt
> the form again and it is allowing additions and edits. Weird huh? Thanks so
> much for your help! golfinray
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > No, there is no property for that.  If you open a datasheet view of your form
> > and see if there is a blank record at the bottom then the recordset is
> > updatable.  If there is no blank line, it is not.  Some queries create
> > recordsets that can't be updated.  For example, Union queries, Totals
> > queries, and some with complex joins can't be updated.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "Golfinray" wrote:
> >
> > > I know the allow additions and edits are set to yes. How do I see if my query
> > > creates an updatable recordset? Is there some query property that has to be
> > > set for that?

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Forms and AutoText Problem
I have a form and I am using the following code to test if a check box is checked and if so, to insert Autotext. Everything works fine, however, right after the autotext is inserted I would like the cursor to return to the first fill in formfield of the autotext just inserted. Right now, it is going to the next fillin formfield after the checkbox. I've tried various code after the line ".AttachedTemplate.AutoTextEntries(ATEntryName).Insert myRange, True" and after the line InsertATEntry "Check1", "MoreClientInfo", True, but have had no luck. ...

sorting problem
Hello, i have sorted my form in data sheet view with ([qryisometricfilenameA/G].[hypersort]), now i want to save this sorting when the form will be opened, now when i open the form and sort by another field and then close that and reopen it, the sorting is by another field that i have done previous. My query is like below: SELECT DISTINCTROW qryisometricfilename.hypersort, qryisometricfilename.hyper, qryisometricfilename.[Unit No], qryisometricfilename.[Line Size], qryisometricfilename.[Fluid Code], qryisometricfilename.[Unit No Iso], qryisometricfilename.[Pipe Sequence No], ...

Windows Update problem
Every 2 minutes I keep getting the yellow shield pop-up "updates available" (I have it set to notify me, not automatically) I keeps saying I need Excel 2002 and Word 2002 security update. Funny thing tho- I don't have 2002, I have Office XP. Plus I keep checking "Don't remind me of these again", yet it keeps reminding me every 2 minutes. I even went to Windows update (online) and checked then to not remind me. It started this morning, I had about 20-30 updates available, mostly Office. half were for Office 2002. I kept clicking do not remind me again on ...

Goofy Labels
I am creating a contract or I should say we are creating a contract since you guys are solving all my problems. This problem deals with labels. I have used OCR to take some contract parts from another contract and copy and paste them into labels to speed up the process. So the problem could lie there but. The last letter on the labels is either not there or is cut in half. The properties on the label is set to distribute because I have to justify all the text to the end so they all end at the same place. Thanks Dan ...

Outlook Forms #16
Hi, I've recently taken on the role of creating outlook forms in my job - I've never used them before and have managed to figure out how to create a form and publish it and that all works fine. I got a request from a user to create a form. The form is meant to send to a public folder (which I set up succesfully) and send to an external email address. The form sends ok to the public folder and it keeps its format fine, but when it sends to the external email address - it opens blank, no form format or any info at all. I must add that the external email address is not set up for ...

I'm sending out an e-mail invite and want them to reply in a form
I have a holiday invite to a pot-luck. I want people to: 1) RSVP 2) indicate on a form using a check box what they're going to bring - potatoes, salad, appetizers, etc. Thanks! Outlook doesn't support forms. You could use voting but it only works with outlook, not other mail clients. I'd just ask them to reply with their choice. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - ...

New to Outlook, but have a capitalization problem?
Hey all... just moved to Outlook from OE, and now find that when I type an email in HTML format, and it ENTER to break a line by choice, that the first letter in that new line is always capitalized. where can I turn that "OFF?" so that the flow is normal looking? Jim Which version of outlook? It's an autocorrect options under spell check. You can either disable it or press ctrl+z to undo it after it capitalizes. Why not just type and let outlook break the lines? I (for one) find it very annoying when people break lines on their own - the lines are weird lengths or are ve...

How to clear all checkboxes on a form?
That's it. How is it possible to create push-button functionality that resets all checkboxes to empty? Also, is it possible that pushing a button could increase a counter, or light up a first, second and third cell, that would then be reset by the button I asked for above? I thank you for your time. Arlen For Each ctl In Me.Controls If TypeName(ctl) = "CheckBox" Then ctl.Value = False End I Next ctl -- HTH Bob "Arlen" <Arlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:700CD724-30FB-4D93-AF50-451FB658502...

Outlook 2003 and Custom Form
I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and Coustom Form: frmCache.dat not UpDated Error when i open this form Ecc.ecc. There is a fix or a patch ( italian language ) for these problem. Thanks Claudio ...

Rules problem #6
Outlook 2003, SP3 - I have a rule that one of the "variables" keeps = changing. The rule looks like this when I create it: Apply this rule after the message arrives through the XXXXXXX account and on this machine only move it to the XXXXXXX folder and stop processing more rules After I click on the Apply, the account name changes to one of my other = email accounts and it looks like this: Apply this rule after the message arrives through the YYYYYYYY account and on this machine only move it to the XXXXXXX folder and stop processing more rules No matter how many tim...

export VBA code in forms, modules and reports
I'm wondering if there's an automated (ie, using VBA) method to write the VBA code that underlies my forms and reports to a text output file, external to the database. For example, if I have a form called frmItems that has a module, is there a way I could create a file called "frmItems_vba.txt" that would have the VBA code from the module associated with the form? Thanks! Take a look at the undocumented SaveAsText method. I talked about it in my February 2005 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can read ...

Junk mail problem
Hi, I am using exchange server 2003 with SBS premium edition. I had configured my exchange for receiving pop3 mails. For the last two months I am receiving lots of junk mails in every mail account, I had blocked some domain in exchange from which I am receiving these mails by configuring >>Global settings>>Message deliver>> Sender filtering, but it is useless because every junk mail has different domain. How can I solve this problem?? you need an anti spam solution. have a look at microsofts IMF filter, which is free but i personally would also look at others on th...

problem with formula #2
I have one column with increasing standard time (hr:min:sec). I put a formula in the first cell of the first row of a second column to convert the same cell of the first column to a value of decimel based upon minutes. The result is correct in the first cell of the first line (row) where the the formula was placed in the second column, but when I copy the formula throughout the rows of the second column, the results shown are always the answer for the first line - even though when I klick on the cell the formula in the lower rows/cells shows it referring to the correct later time ...

transfering forms
is it possible to scan blank form into excel program and use as templete.have tried unsucessfully ,unable to fill in blanks .thanks,john i am using excel 2003 John Sounds like you scanned in as a graphic, which covers the cells. It would be very difficult to do what you want via scanning. You might be able to scan the text in if you have a good OCR application. I suggest making your own form using cell formatting with a borders and gridlines mix. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 11:59:03 -0700, "john/wdswtrshm" <john/wdswtrshm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Excel 2007 "insert shape" problem...
I use the "curve" shape a lot in excel. Since I have started using using 2007, every time I draw a new "shape" it gets filled white. I have to right click on the shape, get rid of the fill, make the line thicker, and put an arrow on one end. After I do that, I use right click the shape and use the "set as default shape" option. It seems to have no effect. I can immediately draw a new shape in the same worksheet, and have to go through the entire process of undoing the fill, etc...again. Is there a way I can draw a shape the way I want it and make that the new...

Form multiple subforms?
I have a issue where one table Employee Shift has two depentant tables Downtime and Scrap. I have created a form subform with Employee Shift and Downtime. I also want to include an additional subform of Scrap. Is it possible to include 2 subforms on a single form? If so, does anyone have an example? You can place as many sub-forms as you want. the question is your relation you trying to display For example Employee shift ----> phone numbers ----> DownTime ----> scrap ----> name of children The above has the employee shift...

Modifying the case form title
Hello everyone, is there anyway to add a field in the Case Form title? Instead of having : "CASE: FMD-0001-3jHEUG" , I would like to have something like "CASE: FMD-0001-3jHEUG for Mr. Smith" which would be of course the customer name. Thanks! You can change the window title. Just put document.title = document.title + ' for ' + crmForm.all.fieldName.DataValue; However, the name of the customer is not directly available on the case form, so you would need to retrieve that, e.g. using a client side webservice call. HTH, -- Jeffry van de...

form 09-06-07
I have two tables: tbl1: ID# Part#, Problem Description. tbl2: ID#, Supplier response Date1, Supplier response Date2. So, tbl2 is for the follow up information. I create a form: Field1: ID#, Field2: dlookup the information in tbl1. (no entry) Field3: Enter Supplier response Date1 Field4: Enter Supplier response Date2 The user enter ID#, then enter Field3 and Field4. But sometimes then enter Field3, then close the form. fews days later, come back and try to enter the Field4. But if they enter the same ID#, it doesn't show the Field3 is already enter. how can I make it when they enter...

Outlook OM : Method Restrict() has problems with parentheses
I'm trying to filter for a specific name using; olItems.Restrict("[From] = John Doe()"); Notice the parentheses in the string. If the string contains parentheses in it, I get the following exception. An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in ioemail.dll Additional information: Condition is not valid. How do I get Restrict to work with parentheses? Answer: olItems.Restrict("[From] = 'John Doe()'"); >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to filter for a specific name using; >olItems.Res...

Problem with Sales Stages
Hi; I specified a few values in the Picklist for the Sales Stage attribute, but when I run a Sales Pipeline report, the system marks "Not Specified" for the Sales Stage. Also, when I open an Opportunity, and click on Actions> Change Stage, I have no option available!! (it's greyed) The system acts like it doesn't recognize the values I specified in the Sales Stage attribute. Can anyone help me please? Thanx Mamor You have not enabled a sales process using workflow manager. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek....

Date Format Goofiness
Just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and imported my checking register from Money 2001 Standard. Everything came across fine but the date format changed to day-month-year from month-day-year or as an example what was 12 31 03 is now 31 12 03. I'd like to change the format back to American standards. Any ideas? I can't find any date format change options within Money and my Win XP (Home) settings are already correct. ...

if a ComboBox is null in a Form, must not allow a checkbox to be t
I have a check box named: [Report] in a subform named:[lbl_ScrapDB_subform] also I have a Form with a ComboBox named: [shift_combo] what I want is this: if [shift_combo] is null then [Report] must not allow to be true, how do that? Thanks in advance. -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician Well it depends on when you want some kind of action to take place. Do you have a button where to click on or should it be in the after update of the combo or what... Anyway I think you can use something like: me.report=not isnull(me.shiftcombo) This means that the report check will only be true if...

Exchange 2003 and Jetstress problem
I have problem running JetStress on a 2nd Exchange server (see below log). Jetstress works fine on the first one with similar configuration. Can someone please give me some hints to get Jetstress going? The server is setup in the following order: W2k3 SP1 integrated Applied latest hotfixes Server Antivirus/Backup software loaded Installed E2k3 Installed E2k3 SP1 Installed E2k3 SP2 JetStess Error: Unable to add counter wildcard \Database(*)\*: PdhExpandCounterPath: The specified instance is not present. Thank you ------------ 11/2/2005 1:27:00 AM -- Instance Thread0: the value for DB Disk...