Functions not working

I have been trying to use "format", Date(), "Mid", "Left"..etc.  in a query.
It gives me an error Undefined Function.  Could some tell me what to do to
fix this problem.

Open a module (Cntrl G) in your db.  In the tools menu select "References"
You will likely find that one of the checked references has the word
"Missing"
placed in front of it.  Make note of the reference like
"Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library".  Uncheck the reference. navigate down
the list to the missing reference name; check it and your problem should go
away.

Regards

Kevin

"jrp444" <jrp444@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to use "format", Date(), "Mid", "Left"..etc.  in a
>query.
> It gives me an error Undefined Function.  Could some tell me what to do to
> fix this problem.

0
kc
3/25/2010 4:59:25 PM
Open a module (Cntrl G) in your db.  In the tools menu select "References"
You will likely find that one of the checked references has the word
"Missing"
placed in front of it.  Make note of the reference like
"Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library".  Uncheck the reference. navigate down
the list to the missing reference name; check it and your problem should go
away.

Regards

Kevin

"jrp444" <jrp444@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to use "format", Date(), "Mid", "Left"..etc.  in a
>query.
> It gives me an error Undefined Function.  Could some tell me what to do to
> fix this problem.

0
kc

Email links don't work
I have a tiresome problem with links that don't work in my Outlook 2000, SR-1. I'm running windows 2000 & IE 6.0.2800.11061c. I have to copy / paste my outlook links into the IE URL to open them. I say thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this. Ed You probably need to reregister IE - instructions are at http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#blank_windows If you're using a Pop-up Ad blocker program, check its documentation to see if its blocking the opening of a new web browser and how to workaround that. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, T...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Windows Live Communication Platform Has Stopped Working
Everytime the Desktop Application WLM is be used to Add a new Contact, "Windows Live Communication Platform Has Stopped Working" message appeas and the WML desktop application is forced to shut down. Deleting folder: "%userprofile%\local settings\application data\microsoft\Windows Live Contacts" sometimes will temporarily fix the problem. How do I permanently fix this issue? See if this update applies to you Update to the Windows Live Communications Platform http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!4771.entry -- Mike - http://...

Query not working for SQL Server
I am trying to convert an Access backend database to SQL Server with an ODBC connection and linked tables from the Access frontend to the SQL Server backend. The SQL statements remain Jet SQL. I have a SELECT statement with a Datediff function that works in Access but not in SQL Server. The following works in the existing Access: SELECT DateDiff("n",startdateandtime+Nz(lunchtime,0),enddateandtime)/60) It does not work with SQL Server. The problem is with lunchtime. I tried removing lunchtime from the SQL Server version and that much works: SELECT DateDiff(...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

Internet updates not working (Money 2003)
Hi: When I try to do an internet update to update my stock prices Money '03 hangs on the "Call Progress" window and I get a "Not Responding" message if I try to click anywhere in the program. There does not appear to be any internet communication initiated by the program even before it freezes so the problem is not some bad ticker symbol. I discovered if I turn the Messenger service off and back on I could sometimes get Money to make the connection and download my stock quotes successfully. I do have Zonealarm Pro firewall but I shut it off before I attempt t...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

works to excel
I have a spreadsheet file made/sent in .wks How do I convert to excel .xls file? Thanks ...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

POP3 (INCOMING MAIL NOT WORKING) Microsoft small business 2007
Hi I am having a promblem with Microsoft Small Business 2007 OUTLOOK not getting INCOMING MAIL .It was working Perfect just stopped with no Error .I did confirm with my ISP if there server was down or any Changes .I even delete the Accounts and restarted the Computer and recreate the New Accounts but still .I check my Firewall and Exception as well iu even Uninstall my Antivirus as well was thinking that was causing from the latest Update for some Reason .Kindly someone can Advice me ? Thanks "Veeshal" <Veeshal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

Complex functions
Hi All, Suppose you have a very complex and long function that is also subject to a condition, then you will/can have something like: =if(condition(complex function), complex function, other complex function) It can have more lines in the formula bar, so readability below 0 Kelvin. Is there a way to 'name' a function? =If(condition(myfunc = complex function), myfunc, other complex function) With kind regards, JP Yes you can put a formula into an Excel Name (the same as you can give a range an Excel Name. Very powerful it can be too. Do a Google fo...

MONEY Works for Canadians???
I am trying to set up MONEY to access my bank but it is not listed in the online services database. Can this be updated or is there another way to set up the account? I think the only way is if it's not listed to login to your bank's web site and download your statements manually each time you want to update. It's crazy how most banks aren't connected -- even E*TRADE BANK -- which is an online only bank. Don't tell Money you are Canadian though, it will give you errors. ;) -Max "C. Ahrensback" <cahrensback@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:upe7WfF...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

WLM Email pop-up notification not working on start up
Hi, Ever since I updated WLM this summer, my Email pop-up notification stopped working ONLY at the start up of my PC. (Before the update it did work.) any other times, it does notifys me though. I don't know why this is happening. I made sure by re-setting all the setting and are correct on WLM. Could anyone help me on this issue? Thank you! ...

Page Breaks for Entire Work Book
I have a 110 Worksheet Workbook and I want to set the same page breaks for each page without manually doing every worksheet individually. Any help or macros out there? Thanks, Steve you always can use Tools > Macro > rocord new macro then do the job on one worksheet the stop the recording and sse the vba code. (this will help next time) But today, and in your case, I suggest ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Rows(8) one line all the job done (before row 8 in this example) Thanks a million "abcd" wrote: > you always can use > Tools >...

Match Function
Hi, I have put together a spreadsheet to find codes, states, descriptions. It finds the data by dates. Columns are: Dates, Codes, States, Descriptions If I put in a date it matches the code, state and description. My problem is that if I have 2 dates that are the same it will only match the first date it can find. What kind of formula do I need so that it will output the second or third date data. Thanks for your help. If you need a copy of the spreadsheet please let me know. How many rows of data do you have? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie" <Melanie@discussio...

If Function Function
okay. So I am trying to workout a formula to compute a commision earning. Basically, if X amount of new business is made, then X*Y (corresponding Commision rate percentage), but if new business =<X, then X*Y (Commision rate percentage that is true). Problem is, it's super confusing...anyone have any suggestions? See if this helps: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "aetejada" <aetejada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4E55F7-9435-4BB6-837A-416A59BB72A0@microsoft.com... > okay. So I am...

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...

Outlook 2002 Change Password function
I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but it does noet seem to work. Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 Important: Outlook client is not member of the domain... There are not many Microsoft Articles about this. Anyone? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden Netherlands Menko den Ouden schreef in deze nieuwsgroep op 23-6-2005 15:28: > I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but > it does noet seem to work. > > Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 > ...

DateDiff function throwing error in Where clause
I have a set of queries that generate dates and want to use DateDiff to select those records with certain dates are greater than others. The following clause keeps giving me an incompatible data type error: WHERE DateDiff('d',[From date],[DatumStvoreni])>0 I have the exact expression in the SELECT clause and it show positive and negative integers just fine, but when I add this test, I get the error. There are no bad values in the dataset, I've looked, and when I export the DateDiff column to a temp table and run a query on that, it works fine. Only when I use t...

I spent three weeks trying to get my Money 2004 working...
My Money 2004 was working but all of a sudden stopped starting. When it starts, it pops up an error window complaining about mscofd.dll. I have tried everyting - reinstalling Money, registering some dll, etc. I opened a support case with Microsoft and talked to three support people, two from Money support and one from Windows. The solution - reformat hard drive, reinstall OS and all programs. What a waste of my time! Not sure I am going to do that... I did have some Trojan viruses before, but now the system is clean. I reinstall Windows (upgrade) put SP4, IE6 and all hotfixes.. Still n...

timing a function
Good Morning All, I've writen an MFC C++ application, under VC++6.0 . How can I check how much time it takes for a specific function to complete? I need to know how many miliseconds one of my function call takes. Thanks very much in advance, Dudu Arbel If your accuracy requirement is in ms - use GetTickCount. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0167B90-33D2-4A4F-A73D-DC4EBEF81946@microsoft.com... > Good Morning All, > > I've writen an MFC C++ ...

C function prototype
Is that for Class/Object function prototype, I must define the function in header file or .cpp file. MyClass::functionA(); MyClass::functionB(); but for C function prototype, I don't have to define if it's put before the main() function the following is not needed - void stradd (char *s1, char *s2); void stradd (char *s1, int i); ========= #include <iostream> // cannot be iostream.h?? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <comdef.h> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> // must need for SYSTEMTIME //must need C/C++ > General...

non-functioning multiple Array formulas in a workbook
I have a workbook with used for forecasting. I use a template sheet for each forecast (all forecast sheets -54- are the same and contain sheet-level names). On each sheet I have a formula that counts the number of chargeable engagements (where the chargeable engagement is indicated by a "C" in the preceding column) and places the results in a cell with concatenated text. The 'chargeable designation' column is a named range. I can get the formula to work on only two of the worksheets. It can be any two sheets, but it will only work on two sheets maximum. I have tried a numbe...