Forms in two differant views

Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within
the same Main Form.  For example:  Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and
on the other a regular form view.
--
Rose

Hi Rose,
Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put
'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet
Alternatively you could use a checkbox

If me.checkbox1 = 0 then
Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet
Else
Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form
End if
me.repaint

This should flick the form between datasheet and form views.

HTH,
Nick.
"Rose" wrote:

> Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within
> the same Main Form.  For example:  Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and
> on the other a regular form view.
> --
> Rose
Thank You!
--
Rose

"Biz Enhancer" wrote:

> Hi Rose,
> Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put
> 'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet
> Alternatively you could use a checkbox
>
> If me.checkbox1 = 0 then
> Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet
> Else
> Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form
> End if
> me.repaint
>
> This should flick the form between datasheet and form views.
>
> HTH,
> Nick.
> "Rose" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within
> > the same Main Form.  For example:  Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and
> > on the other a regular form view.
> > --
> > Rose
I am getting errors on
Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form
Any Ideas?
--
Rose

"Biz Enhancer" wrote:

> Hi Rose,
> Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put
> 'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet
> Alternatively you could use a checkbox
>
> If me.checkbox1 = 0 then
> Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet
> Else
> Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form
> End if
> me.repaint
>
> This should flick the form between datasheet and form views.
>
> HTH,
> Nick.
> "Rose" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within
> > the same Main Form.  For example:  Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and
> > on the other a regular form view.
> > --
> > Rose

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Two or more dots next to each other in address
Hi all! Can anybody help? On some freemail servers users are allowed to registrate email address that contains two or more dots next to each other in local part (before '@') of the address. However, when I try to send an email to some of these addresses, Exchange 2k3 returns the NDR "The format of the e-mail address is incorrect" (error code 5.1.3). Yes, I have already read RFC 2822 in which the dot is used as a separator of particular tokens :) However, my users are not interested in RFC's standars, they want to send email anyone they want... Is there any way to...

Have to re-enter password for User to log in a different station
When a user goes to another PC and logs into GP with thier password, thay can't log. We have to sign in as SA via that PC and re-enter thier password (same one) in order for them to log to GP in that PC. When the user returns to thier PC, we have to log in thier PC an re-enter thoer password. This happens to everyone. We checked the ODBC and made sure that the server name is NAME not IP. Also verified thier user-access. What can be causing this? Rico, Your ODBC setup has to be IDENTICAL on all workstations, it's not just server name or IP or any one thing. GP uses parts o...

Different graphic for each record in mail merge document
I have 2000 lines in excel which is used to make a merge doc. In the mail merge document, I want to have a graphic associated with each record. How can I modify the merge to make in sort that the graphic will change for each excel line (simultaneous during the merge process). What I have done is the following: 1- I have created a chart for each record in excel. 2- I have added a column to the data table and enter the name of the appropriate chart for each record. 3- I have linked the graphic of the line 2 (the first one) in the mail merge document but doing a paste with link. So, when I...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

How to name a range in a different workbook?
How can I name a range that exists in a different workbook? Thanks, Keith I'd open both workbooks. Activate the workbook that's gonna get the name. Then Insert|Name|Define Type in your name in the "Names in workbook" box click in the "refers to" box (I'd erase what's there) click on Window, then point at the other workbook. go to the worksheet you want to use select that range I see something like: =[book1.xls]Sheet3!$B$9:$B$19 in that "refers to" box. keithb wrote: > > How can I name a range that exists in a different workbook?...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

can not open excel file, too many different cell formats
can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message appears on my screen. the file contians about 85 work sheets Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Abdur wrote: > > can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message > appears on my screen. the ...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

Howto Add a view in an account with all the products
I need to make a View in which it can see all bought products, without having to enter invoice by invoice to see what has been sold to him. Can I do It easily? Thanks. There's no way to make a "View" that shows purchased products, but here's an example of how to make a custom application that shows the products in an i-frame on the Account form: http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/showproducts/ -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Beroni Inf." wrote: > I need to make a View in which it can see all bought products, without having > to ...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

autonumber is it possible to link two fields
Hi, Iam trying to do a project for uni and i need to have a letter infront of the id number that is generated. pls help! I have 15 unique ids and 3 variables, the 3 variables are to specify if the game in question, a league, cup or friendly so i need a F,C or L infront of the id num, all three of the variables are in a list box hope that helps! If you check Access HELP for "autonumber", or search on-line for "Access" and "autonumber", you'll find that Microsoft Access does NOT do that for an Autonumber data type field. Given that this is a &q...