Form just opened doesn't see data entered in previous form

I have one form displaying data from an organizations table (name and address
of organizations) with a subform displaying data from a contacts table (name,
address, organization phone, etc.).
The second form displays data from the contacts table with a subform
displaying data from the organizations table.  When I enter an organization
in the first form and a contact in the subform of this first form then open
the second form  (with a button on this form), the data entered in the first
form is not available. The data is present in the underlying tables but a
search in the organizations name field does not find the data entered in the
first form. How can I get the second form to look at the two tables before it
opens to make the data available? What happens now, of course, is that the
user, upon opening the second form and not finding the data they entered in
the first form, re-enters data thinking their entries "didn't stick".

0
BradMowers

Make sure you save the data just entered in the first form before you open
the next form.
On the button that opens the next form, put this code before the code that
opens the next form.

If Me.Dirty = True Then
    Me.Dirty = False
End If
'here, put the code to open the next form

"BradMowers" <u60424@uwe> wrote in message news:a8b302de3c5a2@uwe...
>I have one form displaying data from an organizations table (name and
>address
> of organizations) with a subform displaying data from a contacts table
> (name,
> address, organization phone, etc.).
> The second form displays data from the contacts table with a subform
> displaying data from the organizations table.  When I enter an
> organization
> in the first form and a contact in the subform of this first form then
> open
> the second form  (with a button on this form), the data entered in the
> first
> form is not available. The data is present in the underlying tables but a
> search in the organizations name field does not find the data entered in
> the
> first form. How can I get the second form to look at the two tables before
> it
> opens to make the data available? What happens now, of course, is that the
> user, upon opening the second form and not finding the data they entered
> in
> the first form, re-enters data thinking their entries "didn't stick".

0
Jeanette

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Login data not remembered
With the latest version, WLM does not (unlike previous versions) remember my login data. After each reboot of the computer, I have to enter my login name and password again. Why is this? Is there something I can do about it? Sorry about my ranting - a little research showed me Jonatahn Kay's Make Messenger Remember, which solves the problem (see http://bit.ly/sZlZV). Hans "msnews.microsoft.com" <mail@hansnaslund.se> skrev i meddelandet news:%23dHZcCmcKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > With the latest version, WLM does not (unlike previous versions) r...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Just Tested Opera 10.50
Runs good in windows 98 keep up the good work OPERA! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:39 PM Subject: Just Tested Opera 10.50 > Runs good in windows 98 > keep up the good work OPERA! Hello: Thank you for your report. This is good to know since the Opera systems requirements page no longer list Windows 98/ME as supported systems. And it's good to know that there's at least one modern, fully up-to-date browser fro Win 98/ME...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

Have to re-enter password for User to log in a different station
When a user goes to another PC and logs into GP with thier password, thay can't log. We have to sign in as SA via that PC and re-enter thier password (same one) in order for them to log to GP in that PC. When the user returns to thier PC, we have to log in thier PC an re-enter thoer password. This happens to everyone. We checked the ODBC and made sure that the server name is NAME not IP. Also verified thier user-access. What can be causing this? Rico, Your ODBC setup has to be IDENTICAL on all workstations, it's not just server name or IP or any one thing. GP uses parts o...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

comparing data
I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes i column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns Can someone please tell me the best way to get a list of the item code that appear in BOTH of the columns. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes in > column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns. > Can someone please tell me the be...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Saving changes to a previously created template
Hi I am having a frustrating time updating my paperwork to bring it all up to date, please read below. firstly create your would be template save as - name.dot or .dotx then close the template and close word down. open word open the template you just created make changes to template at this point this is where I have a problem! try and save the template with the changes with the same name I get a message saying Word cannot give a document the same name as an open document, Type a different name for the document you want to save. this worked perfectly fine in office 2003...

Go Immediately To A Particular Cell After Inputting Data In Another Cell And Hitting Enter
I'm inputting data in E3 and after I hit enter I want B2 to be selected. But only for E3 and only in one worksheet. And possibly a further step... Sometimes the formula in B2 has picked up data from another place depending on what value was entered in E3. If it's done this then I won't need to go to B2, I'd want to go to A8 after E3 instead of B2. Put this in the code module of the worksheet that contains the ranges you are working with. Right click the sheet name tab, select View Code from the pop up menu and paste this into the code window that appears on scre...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

opening csv file in regular excel format
i am using office 2003. i used to download csv files and open in regular excel formats...due to some problem i reinstalled windows xp and office 2003...now my csv files open with all values separated by commas and not as before... sould anyone highlight how to download csv files automatically in excel formats withouts commas? suresh babu,chennai,india -- sureshbabussb If the data has commas between each field and you want each field in a separate column, you'll have to make sure that your windows list separator is a comma. (Many places, this list separator is a semicolon.) windows...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

how do i find and open a template i developed?

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

can not open excel file, too many different cell formats
can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message appears on my screen. the file contians about 85 work sheets Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Abdur wrote: > > can not open a specific excel file, too many different cell formats message > appears on my screen. the ...

How to run a macro by opening a file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run a macro when I open a file? For example, I would like to run a specific macro within file.xls, if current time is between 9 am and 10 am, otherwise, don't run this macro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I am using XP with SP3 and Office 2003. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi something like this might work........ Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Time > "9:00 AM" And Time < "10:00 AM" Then call ASpecificMacro Else MsgBox "current time out of range. terminati...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...