Form as Web Page

It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to
be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a
webpage.  I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without
having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc...

Yes you could save as a Data Access Page.  Does not have all the
functionality of regular forms.  Maybe this would help:

http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm

MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web
databases.  Quite nice from what I have seen.  The only caveat is that you
must run them in SharePoint but you can make them available to be viewed in a
browser like any other web site.

Bonnie
http://www.dataplus-svc.com

JW Phillips wrote:
>It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to
>be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a
>webpage.  I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without
>having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc...

bhicks11

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Why is my program loading stuff from ...\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\...
One of the programs I am developing is loading a lot of stuff. Here is part of the list that has me puzzled. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VERSION.DLL', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCRT4.DLL', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders \PKMWS.DLL', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders \MSONSEXT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHFOLDER.DLL', no matc...

Web Folders in Outlook
I'm looking at designing a solution using web-pages that outlook folders point to. I can see how this is done (setting the Properties/WebSite dialogue to point to a URL) but I'm wondering if there is some way to automatically configure Outlook with a hierarchy of folders that point to web-pages. I'm just thinking through deployment scenarios - and it'd be useful to be able to setup Outlook clients automatically...somehow. Thanks! --- Phil (NZ) ...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Expression Web Easter Giveaway
Expression Web Easter Giveaway http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html * What prizes do I have a chance to win? First Prize - Microsoft Expression Web 3.0 x 1 Second Prize - Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0 x 2 Third Prize - Expression Web Tips vol l & ll Ebooks x 3 **Special Prize is - SEO Tools for Expression Web 3 OR SEO Toolbar for Expression Web 2 OR SEO Toolbar for Expression Web 1 * When does it start and end? 12th March 2010 - 30th April 2010. * What do I have to do to enter the drawing? Simply download and...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

page break on every cell
Hi all - I've had some trouble recently when opening Excel 2002 spreadsheets in Excel 2003. When I go to page break preview, every cell is surrounded by page breaks, essentially making every cell one page. I can't reset the print area to fix this - I have to close out of the spreadsheet without saving changes. This doesn't happen when I open the spreadsheet in Excel 2002. It could also be related to opening the document on a Windows XP computer (has the problem) vs. Windows 2000 Pro (no page break problem). Its very odd and makes printing quite difficult. I have the...

Screen Jumps when trying to Double click/ Edit cells or Page Breaks
I am running Excel 11.1 on a Powerbokk G4 In Page Break View I have a Table that is about 400 or so rows, I am continually adding and deleting rows. When i Double click, copy, paste, insert or delete any cells or rows or try to move a pagebreak the screen jumps/scrolls up like 50 rows... I tried to copy the table into another worksheet and it works for a little while but eventually the problem comes back. Any ideas on why this happens? Thanks Brad ...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

Web query from password protected page?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>I'm trying to create a web query from a web page that requires a username and password. I have tried logging into the site in Safari (as well as Chrome and Firefox) before running the query, but when I do run it, the only data that's imported into excel is &quot;Username&quot; and &quot;Password&quot;. <br><br>In the MS version of Excel it's pretty easy to enter the login information into the query (either directly or using VBA), but I can't f...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Make Access report for bills
Hello, This is the first time that I am designing a report in access. The report for the bill works fine but is there a way to "add" a custom page layout/design/content to the report (for information-text about the bill) If it is possible it would need to be recognized by the report as a page because I have on every page the page num/num. Thank you in advance. juvi You should be able to create a separate report that has just the information stuff on it. Then, add this as a subreport in the Report footer. If you click on the report footer bar, it should give you an option t...