filling a control in a continuous form with a field from a table

I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response and
responded.  Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question:

Original Question:
I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and
description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table.

I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the
table Attorney which contains one field called Atty.

So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney
table field.

Response Received:
Your combo box to select the atty value can be set to display the atty, the
name, or both based on the Row Source, Column Count, and Column Widths. You
only want to store the atty field.

Response to Response:
I do that now. I want to eliminate the combo box. I want the control to
show the atty's initials without having to use a combo box. Example: when
the user opens the form the would see: Date: blank box, Client: blank
box, Atty: DH (using your initials for this example), Time: blank box,
and the user would input the info. The initials (DH) displayed in the Atty
control I am trying to use the source Attorney Table, Atty Field in the
Table. I can not figure out how to do this. With the combo box I am using
now the user selects the atty's initials from the drop down list. In this
case the list would list only one set of initials, DH, which is the only
atty stored in the Attorney Table.
Is there a solution?

Create a query that joins your Time Sheet table to your Attorney table and
use that query as the recordsource for your form.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response
>and
> responded.  Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question:
>
> Original Question:
> I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and
> description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table.
>
> I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the
> table Attorney which contains one field called Atty.
>
> So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney
> table field.
>
> Response Received:
> Your combo box to select the atty value can be set to display the atty,
> the
> name, or both based on the Row Source, Column Count, and Column Widths.
> You
> only want to store the atty field.
>
> Response to Response:
> I do that now. I want to eliminate the combo box. I want the control to
> show the atty's initials without having to use a combo box. Example: when
> the user opens the form the would see: Date: blank box, Client: blank
> box, Atty: DH (using your initials for this example), Time: blank box,
> stops
> and the user would input the info. The initials (DH) displayed in the Atty
> control I am trying to use the source Attorney Table, Atty Field in the
> Table. I can not figure out how to do this. With the combo box I am using
> now the user selects the atty's initials from the drop down list. In this
> case the list would list only one set of initials, DH, which is the only
> atty stored in the Attorney Table.
> Is there a solution?

0
Douglas
3/31/2010 2:32:26 PM
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

Filling cells in between pairs of numbers
Hello all, I am trying to find an easy way to fill in cells in between pairs of numbers each of which is exactly the average of the pair's difference averaged by the number of these cells greater than the previous. So I have 1 1 2 3 4 8 5 6 7 8 20 9 10 12 13 14 15 45 I want: 1 1 2 3.333333333 3 5.666666667 4 8 5 11 6 14 7 17 8 20 9 23.57142857 10 27.14285714 11 30.71428571 12 34.28571429 13 37.85714286 14 41.42857143 15 45 I know I can do a Fill, Series, but then even with a macro that does a "control shift up fill series enter",...

Matching cells by content then cell fill with color
Thanks to JEM, I am using this routine to color three consecutive cell a specific color, in this case red: Public Sub ThreeCellsRed() ActiveCell.Resize(1,3).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End Sub What I need now is a way for the routine to continue to find all th similar cells, let's say for sake of disc they are people's names, s when I execute the above on my name, mrh, I want it to continue in th worksheet and find all exact matches and color those same cells red. Another thought, say my name (MRH) is in "A1" and it is also in "D1". But in "D1" I use "...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. conta
I am using Outlook 2003. I am just now encountering an error when trying to schedule to new calendar entries. Message: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator". One change made to system today, I sync'd my I Phone that had calendar entries to this computer. My computer that I have been using since 2002 is dead. Right click on the contact folder and choose properties. What form is set as default? It should be ipm.contact. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Can SDI FormView contain a CSplitterWnd control?
Our existing app is a relatively simple MFC SDI, with: * The upper part comprised of a pseudo-toolbar with 6 check-boxes, 3 drop-down combo-boxes, and a button. * The left side of the remaining form taken up by a CTree. * The main part of the app in the remaining lower right is a read-only RichEdit control. See image at: http://www.berbible.org/images/BbSdi.jpg We're using vc71 for development, but the release version is built with vc6. We'd like to have a splitter control with an upper and lower pane where the RichEdit control now is in the lower right. Can this be done by "...

Case filled out from SharePoint
I need to have a simple form my users fill out to submit a case. This would include the Business Required fields on the CRM Case form. Is there an easy way to do this using SharePoint? In other words, the user would go to the SharePoint site, click a link to "Submit a Support Request". This would open a form (Infopath perhaps?) where they fill in a few simple items, click submit, and a new CRM Case is created. This then would fire any pertinent workflows as if the case had been created from within CRM itself. I'm aware there are 3rd party solutions out there but would...

From field filled in
Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am using Office 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a second mailbox setup in my profile. When I reply to an e-mail sent to the other inbox, the From field is automatically filled in with that name. So for example, if the other inbox is "HelpDesk" and I reply to an e-mail in that inbox, the from field is automatically filled in as "HelpDesk". Hope that makes sense. Thanks!! <twytch111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175611189.053649.28340@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi and thanks in advance for this help. I am...

Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard
Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than using the mouse (drag and drop). Thanks, Tom. Tom Copy or Cut Select range Select top left corner of range. Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right. Copy:= Ctrl + C Cut:= Ctl + X Paste Ctl + V To Fill Down or Right Ctrl + D or ctrl + r Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a complete List. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving >entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rathe...

DataSet Tables to SQL Server Database
Hi all For example: I have a DataSet with two tables and one relation between each other. Is there a direct way to publish this tables to the SQL Server even when the tables dont exists ? I know, using SqlDataAdapter, it is possible to update/insert/delete data. But for this, the table has to exists ... Thanks for any help ! Best regards Frank Uray "Frank Uray" <FrankUray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A7EDBBE-91D3-41A7-98E8-99EA7F22B1BB@microsoft.com... > For example: I have a DataSet with two tables > and one relation between...

How to set password to open form
Hi all, I have created a form , in that command button is created when clicked it will open another form. but i need when button is clicked a input box should appear requiring password. when password entered then only that form should open. pls help me these 2 things. 1. when password is entered in inputbox , i want to display message box with entered password ... how can i do it. Naveen, Something like... If Me.txtPassword = "ugh" Then DoCmd.OpenForm "YourForm" Else MsgBox "You do not have permission to view ...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Have one fill to auto fill aother
My question is simple. I would like to have field 27 = field 25. So when someone enters the data for field 25, the same data auto populated in field 27. Any help is appreciated! Kaylen, In the CotrolSource for Field 27 type... =[field 25] ....assuming of that you are talking about a form in Microsoft Access or did you mean to post this question in the Excel newsgroup? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions....

Inserting multiple rows into a table while maintaining data?
Please trust me, this is a relatively simple question, but takes some explaining: I want to insert multiple rows (anywhere from 60 to 900+) into a table that I routinely use off a template. Every time I open the template, I have all my appropriate column headings, and I paste data from another program into this Excel sheet. My desired outcome is that I am able to paste rows of varying numbers, while still maintaining the last rows (for sum totals of each column) on my template. (This would help automating the task) For example, I start my column headings in row 6. A6, B6, C6, and D6 all ...

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Control Toolbar Button Caption
Excel 2003, WinXP A quick question: When typing in the caption of a Control Toolbar button, how do you insert a Carriage Return or "next line"? Thanks for your help. Otto Ctrl-Enter worked for me. Otto Moehrbach wrote: > > Excel 2003, WinXP > A quick question: > When typing in the caption of a Control Toolbar button, how do you insert a > Carriage Return or "next line"? Thanks for your help. Otto -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Dave I appreciate your help. However, that doesn't work for me. Here's what I do: I do View - Toolbars...

Filling in blank PO
Hi everybody, I have some question to you, when you create blank PO, then go to content and click Add Item you can see tw boxes. In top one there are all items from your database and in bottom one there are Items you are adding. If you reach number of rows visible in bottom window there is scroll bar comming on right hand side, and as you add more items every new ona is going to the very bottm of the list which is in invisible area. To get there and type in Qty you have to scroll down whole list every time when you add next item. I'm using most recent updates for RMS and I checked i...

I have a problem with opening a form.
On the double click event of a button, I have the following code DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.OpenQuery "Qry CustApp", acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenQuery "List Append", acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenQuery "List Delete", acNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OpenForm "Queries Edit form", , , "QueryID = " & Me.QueryID & "" DoCmd.Close acForm, "menu", acSaveNo The button is on each row of a continuous form. When I double click the button it should run the queries and then open the edit form at the...

no email address in the from field
gday when sending a message - no email address is inserted in the "from " field. so the emial sits in the out box if i open the message in the outbox and enter an email address in the "from" field and try and re-send - message still will not send. pls advise fix thanks muchly sam What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't h...

sending forms
I have designed a form using outlook. I can fill in all the fields ok, but when I send it, the person I send it to cannot see it. Anyone know why? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I have designed a form using outlook. >I can fill in all the fields ok, but when I send it, the >person I send it to cannot see it. >Anyone know why? >Thanks -> I used the message format template ...

Can functions be repeated via a control + function command?
In Microsoft word, if I want to repeat a function, I can press CTRL + Y key instead of having to go back through the tool bars (e.g., repetitive cut & paste, repetitive insertion of text boxes). However, CTRL + Y in Publisher does not work the same way--does anyone know if a similar command feature exists? Thank you. Format the painter. Publisher is a layout program... Large documents are best achieved in Word. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AustinPAWS" <AustinPAWS@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Controls within an MDI view
Hi, I've seen a few threads on this, all of them several years old now. And I've tried what I saw in those threads with no luck. All I want to do is add a few controls inside my MDI doc/view windows. So, in my xxxview.h file, I have: public: CButton bbb; And in my xxxview.cpp file, I have: int CxxxView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CView::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; bbb.Create("hello", WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON, CRect(50, 50, 200, 100), this, 555); return 0; } It builds fine, but I do...

pivot table grouping #2
I am trying to do a grouping in my pivot table and a error message comes back that I cannot group the data. The data is a date field and I am trying to group as a month or quarter. I think the cell format may have something to do with the problem but I have formated it to a date field and I still have the problem. Can anyone help on this topic. If you have blank cells in that range--or any text in that range, you'll have this problem. Hrider wrote: > > I am trying to do a grouping in my pivot table and a error message comes > back that I cannot group the data. The data...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

Control reciepient list in email template from Workflow rule?
Does anyone know howto control the reciepient list in email templates sent from a workflow rule? //Martin Hoegsted ...

How do I auto fill long col. filling blanks with last filled cell
On a large worksheet, is there a way to fill the blanks in a column with the last filled cell without using the autofill handle? My worksheet is over 2000 rows and I am hoping to find some way to mass fill the blanks in Excel. Here is a small example of what I am talking about. Thanks for any tips. S1475 201686 506456 S1888 38254 15623 56731 S9564 46321 156323 M, This ought to work... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip040.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "MBBeginner" <MBBeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Control breake report
Hi all, I have an excel with the following structure. I wat the sum of the amount just near to the next column of the 'Amount'. I cannot use subtotal because subtotal will not work here. I kindly request ur advice to write a macros using For loop if the row is blank <blank row> then find the sum of the previous row which is not blank and put that sum in next column. Catagory Group Amount ------------------------------------------------- A A group 12.70 ...