entering in manipulated data

I have an access form with a field that i need modified before it get
entered into the database.

If i enter 02-123456 into the form, i want to enter 123456 into the table.
can someone help me out on how to do this? We are only logging the number
after the "-" but we enter the full number because it is scanned on a bar
code.

Thanks.

0
Daniel

If you always need the rightmost six digits you could have code such as:
Me.ShortField = Right(Me.LongField,6)
If there is a variable number of digits that always follow a hyphen:
Me.ShortField = Right(Me.LongField,Len(Me.LongField) -
InStr(Me.LongField,"-")
See Help for more information about the Right, Len, and InStr functions.
If there is some other rule or set of rules that govern the number format,
you will need to provide details.

This code can be run from a command button, in the After Update event of
another control, or in any number of other places.  From your brief
description it is not possible to suggest anything definite.

"Daniel M" <dtm28@earthlink.net.nospam> wrote in message
>I have an access form with a field that i need modified before it get
>entered into the database.
>
> If i enter 02-123456 into the form, i want to enter 123456 into the table.
> can someone help me out on how to do this? We are only logging the number
> after the "-" but we enter the full number because it is scanned on a bar
> code.
>
> Thanks.

0
BruceM

Change chart type in single data series, Excel 2007
I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new Excel 2007. The "change chart type" is grayed out. Thank you, What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F78063A1-DB29-4081-B909-BDA99F2DEBFD@microsoft.com... >I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series ...

data sort #2
is there an easy way to sort data a-z ignoring space, comma etc Steve -- stevebicks ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stevebicks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4800 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=516673 Hi Steve, Create a helper column and subsume the characters you don't want. Excel has a nesting level of 7 for worksheet functions. =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")," ","") and use the fill handle to copy the formul...

data sort box too big-can it be formatted
Excel 2007? Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee <Clee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: can it be formatted to stay the smaller size? I keep having to reduce it and it is annoying "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Excel 2007? > > Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest. > > Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size. > > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP > > On Tue, 2 Jun ...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Eliminate References and Keep Data
Hi, I have 55 workbooks that are filled with formulas that take data from other workbooks. I would like to get rid of the formulas, but keep the data. I would like all compiled workbooks to have any references eliminated. How can this be done? Thanks, Reed Reed. Select the cells, Copy. Now paste-special right over the original cells with Edit (or right-click) - Paste special - Values. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Reed" <oscar49337@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:egaVeRx$EHA.2552@TK2MS...

Access my Money data on the Web
I want to synchronize my money data with MSN money but apparently the option "Access my Money data on the Web" is not available in the Int. English version. What's the alternative here? It's available when you use http://moneycentral.msn.com/home.asp in the investing>portfolio screen. On that page file>export has an option to export to Microsoft money. If you haven't been using this web there may be some initialization procedure but I've been using it for so many years (all the way back to Win95) I don't remember what may be required. Frank "Raf&q...

Back up and moving data
How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb Sorry just moving to RMS JAL, More difficult with SQL. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Backup or SO Manager | Utilities | Backup Database You will then need to restore the database to your laptop. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Delete | Database | Create | Select your backup file from the device. -- * "JAL" <toto@telcel.net.ve> wrote in message news:eV5DRTL9FHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... How do I back up or move my data to my...

How do I set up Data entry to match My Application Form
I have a specific Application Form that I must fill out by hand at each interview. I have created the form in Excel to allow me to type the info into the appropriate fields. This however labor intensive and it is easy to make a mistake that may change a different field. Can I create separate listing or database (similar to the mail merge concept) that will just drop the info into the proper cells on the form with out me touching the form itself? You could create an Input sheet. I'd name it Input <bg>. Then in column A, put a nice description. In column B, put your entry: ...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

transferring outlook data #2
When transferring calendar outlook data, the start and stop times are exactly 3 hrs earlier. Both computers have 2002 ver. 10.0. A little help on how to correct this would be appreciated. Thanks Mitchell J <bamisky@aol.com> wrote: > When transferring calendar outlook data, the start and > stop times are exactly 3 hrs earlier. Both computers > have 2002 ver. 10.0. Sounds like a time zone conflict between the Calendar and Windows. -- Brian Tillman ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

Dependent List
I have three dependent lists. The lists are working just fine. List 1 List 2 List 3 If, after selecting an item in each list, you go back and change and item, the dependent lists do not update. Also, if you delete a selected item, the other lists do not update. I used =INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(D2," ","")) Any suggestions? thanks. Hi Toni, Here is a good site for dependant drop downs. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html I think I understand what you are shooting at. You select Fruit from 1, and Apples from 2 and Granny Smith from 3. Now you se...

Data Synchronization at multiple locations
Hi! One of our customer demands a scenario where he requires distributed architecture with multiple databases and IIS on which to deploy MSCRM now databases will be one central database with all the records and two localized databases with records of their cities only (Something like putlook client - server case where sales user has his own data while server contains everyone's data ) Is their some kind of data synchronization available or should we go for DTS kind of applications Regards Pritpal Singh ...even a "mirrored" office holding the "same" data.. - Can ...

replace data w/ new data
I have a text file that I opened in excel and need to replace some of the data with new data. I cannot use the find/replace all function because the old data is not in a consistent list form. The data I need to replace is in column F. But there is also other info in the same column that I don't want to lose. Old Data: MAN GM 1.07305E+17 CP 1Z7812X90312160167~ New Data: 1Z67X81F0345554229~ It's very hard for me to explain...but I have hundreds of these that I need to replace the invalid tracking numbers with the valid ones. Thanks, -- Tawny Galvin VAS Entertainment Excel...

Query Data With....
I hv this table Cust ID A 123-45 B 123344 C 1-2-45 D 1 2227 Q, How to find cust ID with - only or those with spaces Thanks "zyus" <zyus@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:387CB40E-B52D-4FCD-AC66-F5014EBBA57E@microsoft.com... > I hv this table > > Cust ID > A 123-45 > B 123344 > C 1-2-45 > D 1 2227 > > Q, > > How to find cust ID with - only or those with spaces > > Thanks select * from tablename where id like '%-%' Tried...but failed.. "wang...

Can't install back up data on Microsoft Money 2001after crash
My computer crashed last week. I have reinstalled my Microsoft Money 2001 software. I have the back up data on two floppies. But I cannot get the back up data to transfer to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. I get the back up data to my C drive but no further. I have read the "Getting the Most from Microsoft Money 2001" and I followed the instructions carefully, but the instructions seem to be only for restoring the data to the hard drive, not to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. HELP! What are you doing? File|Restore in Money? If the backup was made by Money, what'...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Can data validation also autocomplete?
I want to know if you can have the entry cell autocomplete when it has drop down bx. Is this possible? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi unfortunately not with the build-in functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to know if you can have the entry cell autocomplete when it > has a drop down bx. Is this possible? > > > Thanks, Vato > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in t...

My data points disappear
I'm trying to create a regulart line graph from a set of data. Everytime I try to change the x-axis to timescale it automatically changes my y-axis data range and my data points disappear. So then I go and change the y-axis data range back to what is was but my data points and line graph won't show. Please help. I suspect it's a mismatch of X values, not Y values. What are the X and Y values in your chart series, and what range are you trying to plot on your time scale axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical S...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...