Editing data from 2 different tables

Hi All,
Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2
different tables that are being showed in the same form?

I created a form which shows fields from 2 different tables and I can not
edit the fields. I would like to be able to change/include data using my form.

Thank you.

The two tables need to be related in some manner and joined in a query for
the RecordSource of your form.

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
11/4/2007 4:03:35 AM
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. However, the ables are related and I have created a
query. I can not even change the data in the query...

What should I do?

Thank you.
Elaine

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> The two tables need to be related in some manner and joined in a query for
> the RecordSource of your form.
>
> Elaine Parlato wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2
> >different tables that are being showed in the same form?
> >
> >I created a form which shows fields from 2 different tables and I can not
> >edit the fields. I would like to be able to change/include data using my form.
> >
> >Thank you.
>
> --
> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa198446(office.10).aspx for
some of the reasons your query may not be updatable (and what you can do in
some of the cases)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Elaine Parlato" <ElaineParlato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Thanks for your answer. However, the ables are related and I have created
> query. I can not even change the data in the query...
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thank you.
> Elaine
>
> "ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:
>
>> The two tables need to be related in some manner and joined in a query
>> for
>> the RecordSource of your form.
>>
>> Elaine Parlato wrote:
>> >Hi All,
>> >Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to edit data from 2
>> >different tables that are being showed in the same form?
>> >
>> >I created a form which shows fields from 2 different tables and I can
>> >not
>> >edit the fields. I would like to be able to change/include data using my
>> >form.
>> >
>> >Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
>> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

Douglas
11/4/2007 12:41:05 PM
Along with Doug's suggestion, here's a link to some thoughts on the topic
from MVP Allen Browne:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html

--
RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
11/4/2007 1:46:05 PM
When you run the query from the DB window, are you able to edit the query
directly ?  One obvious thing - are the form properties to AllowEdits set to
no ?

--
BrerGoose
Moose-Tech Software:

data menu lost
Hi all The menu bar has changed from the standard menu functions to what appears to be chart funtions. I have file, edit, view, insert, format, tools, chart, window, help. I have lost the Data menu function and most of the functions under Insert and format. I have tried to reset the toolbar as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Excel with no luck. Thanks for advise Do you have a chart on that worksheet? And if yes, is that chart selected? (try clicking on a worksheet cell to get off the chart.) exile wrote: > > Hi all > > The menu bar has changed from the standard m...

Data Filter in protected sheet
Sir, I want to use data filter command in protected sheet. Oncly Because that formula i m using in the cells should not display or suddenly can delete or currupt. Is there any way? Regards Rao Ratan Singh If you already have the outline/subtotals applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True '.EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open...

Smileys #2
Hi all, Is is possible to find the ASCII characters in excel for a perticular character? I mean to say that, I need to insert a smiley in excel. I need this :) and :( in excel. If I need a happy smiley, I can as well use ALT+1. But if I need a sad one, I am not able to find it. Is there any combination of characters which can give me that. Thanks in advance, Praveen -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Adapting recorded macro to different amount of rows
If you record a macro for a regular process but you do not know how many rows of data will be needed each month how do you change script to cater for say a total being needed at end of the last rows. Something like iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row Cells(iLastRow+1,"A") = ... your sum formula -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "yetti" <yetti@everest.net> wrote in message news:lMnxf.42868$zt1.28418@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net... > If you record a macro for a regular process but you do not kn...

spelling #2
the spelling tab is missing on my outlook 6.0! please advise ...

How to judge those different messages?
Hello all: I want to call a extern command in a application using vc,for examble using "use net" command,so I want to use the function WinExec,but the command may be return defferent messages,including a successful message,I want to know how to udge those different messages?thanks. ...

0how do I display wide range of data e.g. with data from 195 to 2.
I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the same chart Maybe, with a log scale? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <FF07154A-B77E-4F66-9694-1D8240B48B82@microsoft.com>, YSL@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the > same chart > > ...

merge multilple data values
How do I merge multilple data values ie: in columns js1234 to .jpg to read: js1234.jpg Thanks Jennifer, You can combine two cells with a formula like =A1&B1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:h3rpb.294$Ux1.162@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > How do I merge multilple data values ie: > in columns > js1234 to .jpg > to read: js1234.jpg > > Thanks > > ...

editting auto recovery

Message Queues #2
I want to implement some sort of message queue. I have a client application and a server application. The server communicates with radio modems and can only communicate through a serial link. The client application has to be able to send commands to the server and the server must then send these commands down the serial link. The server must be able to queue up the messages and then send each one down one at a time. Is there any tutorials, examples or help that anyone can provide?? Thanks in advance !!! Lots of mechanisms exist. Part of it depends on the degree of traffic. The most ...

Maximum charts or data series in workbook
I have a spreadsheet that I want to have 50 sheets with data and 18 different charts referring to the data on each individual sheet. The charts on each sheet refer to a total of 21 different data series from its own sheet. I have tried to make the workbook by using a template sheet and copying the sheet, and renaming it. Strangely enough, when I get to copying the 12th new sheet, I get the information message "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook", and won't let me make any more copies of sheets. This makes sense since 12*21=252 ...the 13th sheet makes ...

socket #2
I've made a class CMYSocket that derives from CAsyncSocket. Does it matter when I call CAsyncSocket(nErrorCode) ? Before or after calling receive(...) ? Do I need to add my own check of the nErrorCode variable and stop the object if there the variable is not equal zero ? On a few occasions my OnReceive method has been triggered when no data has acctually been sent. The GetLastError() method returned error code 10054 (WSAECONNRESET). quote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Connection reset by peer. An existing connection was forcib...

print to file #2
I'm all of a sudden getting a "Print to File" popup when I try to send a print area to my printer. The print preview is fine and I can't figure how to send it to the printer. I must have changed something. Use menu commands File|Print Look on right side of dialog box about halfway down side. Uncheck Print to File box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bob V" <Bob V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3345A60B-BDC0-47F4-B7C2-DE8538658485@microsoft.com... > I'm all of a sudden getting ...

Taking one value sheet 1 and apply to sheet 2
Hello all, I have a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not know how to take the valu from sheet 5 cell b26 and use that value to a formula to sheet 1 cel g19. Can someone help me out? : -- join_the_ban ----------------------------------------------------------------------- join_the_band's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54975 Try a formula like =Sheet5!B26 "join_the_band" <join_the_band.2926qb_1149728701.4689@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:joi...

BOM & Edit List

solution for database larger than 2 G
I know that MS Access has size limitation for 2 G. I would like to know are there any solution for size bigger than 2 G. Split the database in 2? Does it mean that i export the old data to a database and change the query to union 2 tables from different database? Change to SQL server? Does SQL server have any limitation for the size? Archived databse? Does it mean that I can have myDatabase2008, MyDatabase2007? It will have issue that generate report for a date range between 2007 and 2008? any other solutions or product to do this? Your information is great appreciated, SQL Serve...

All day event data type
What is the data type for an "all day event in Outlook". I would like to use Access to help automate my need to enter a weekend on call schedule. These events are allways allday. I have seen an example of doing this for regular appointments, but not for all day events. Also, in the outlook.application.(value) what is the value called for an all day event? Thanks AllDayEvent is boolean, it is either true or false. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211368(office.11).aspx HTH, JP On Jan 20, 3:02=A0am, GeraldF <m...@somewhere.com> wrote: > What is t...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

Sharing Data Between Computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop computer and my laptop computer, which are connected with a router, and are both running Windows XP. I would like the laptop computer to be able to use the Outlook data from the desktop computer when it's on the network. I went to File | Date File Management, and added the desktop computer's PST file to the Outlook.pst file that was already there. However, the desktop computer's data didn't appear in the laptop's copy of Outlook. Is there something else I need to do, or do I need to have Exchange running on my home network to get thi...

Pivot Table Problem #11
hi friends, so much time uh... I've got the next PIVOT TABLE: CODE NAME DEBITBALANCE 0M EMILE MUSLEH SALEH 20,001 0O SOC. IND. ICASUS LTDA 660,200 1A ADT SECURITY - 1B HOTELERA OCEANIC LTDA - 1C YOUSEF COMERCIAL LTDA - Is there a way to show just the data values : CODE NAME DEBITBALANCE 0M EMILE MUSLEH SALEH 20,001 0O SOC. IND. ICASUS LTDA 660,200 NOTE: The other ones are in "0" or "-" value, bec...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...