Edit a table while in form view

I have a form that has multiple tabs and subforms.  On one of the tabs is a
subform with a recordsource that is a query.   It shows data from a table in
datasheet mode. In that table I have a field "Selected" which is a Yes/No
field (checkbox).  In form view, I want to be able to check the checkbox in
the table in the subform.  I don't have that field locked, what other
settings should I check?

Thanks,
Akilah

Can you update fields in the query if you open the query by itself?  You
need to determine whether it is the form that is locking the fields or the
query itself.

"Akilah" <Akilah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a form that has multiple tabs and subforms.  On one of the tabs is
> subform with a recordsource that is a query.   It shows data from a table
> in
> datasheet mode. In that table I have a field "Selected" which is a Yes/No
> field (checkbox).  In form view, I want to be able to check the checkbox
> in
> the table in the subform.  I don't have that field locked, what other
> settings should I check?
>
> Thanks,
> Akilah

0
Pat
1/7/2008 5:02:02 PM
I checked the query and it was getting Distinct values.  When I removed
distinct, the query was updateable.  Thanks.

"Pat Hartman" wrote:

> Can you update fields in the query if you open the query by itself?  You
> need to determine whether it is the form that is locking the fields or the
> query itself.
>
> "Akilah" <Akilah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have a form that has multiple tabs and subforms.  On one of the tabs is
> > subform with a recordsource that is a query.   It shows data from a table
> > in
> > datasheet mode. In that table I have a field "Selected" which is a Yes/No
> > field (checkbox).  In form view, I want to be able to check the checkbox
> > in
> > the table in the subform.  I don't have that field locked, what other
> > settings should I check?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Akilah

Using a field from one sub form and into another subform
I have a form with tabbed subforms on it. subform1 - datefield1 subform2 - datefield1 When I fill out subform1 I then tab to subform2 and I would like the data in datefield 1 to carry over to the datefield1 in subform2. Is this possible? It is a bit unusual in a well-normalized relational database to have to store the same fact more than one time. If you'll describe a bit more specifically what having the same fact (date info?) in two places will allow you to do, folks here may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MV...

pivot table #4
How to I create a pivot table based on this? Singapore Malaysia Lipstick Sum of Manufacturer�s cost Cleanser Average Agent�s cost Toner Lipstick Cleanser Toner The help built in to excel wasnt helpful; I couldnt understand it Any help given would be appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Can't quite see the real structure of the data from your note. I may just be blind, but it could be wordwrap. Pivot tables need ...

Auto populate multiple fields from related table
Hi there , I have Incident entity which has 1:N relationship with a Custom table (Part Master). Lookup field is created on Part # on the Incident form, When I open a new Incident , on entering the Part # I would like to display whole bunch fields on the Incident form from the related Part Master. Also would like to assign some of these fields to the Incident record. Any ideas how can this be done ? Any help is appreicated. Thank you in advance. Gustho To do this you will need to write a javascript for the part onchange event to call the CrmWebservice retrieve the selected entity ...

Access can not find a table in append query
Hi all, I have a table called MyCustomers. For some reason, when I try to create Append query, it doesnt show on the list of tables. I know the the table is there and I can select it if I want to create a different type of query but not append. What can cause that? TIA, Tom Does your table have a PRIMARY KEY defined? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table call...

editting auto recovery

GP 10 table changes
Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in release 10? Yes, this is widely documented in the Dynamics GP Software Development Kit, which can be found on CD2 of your installation software. Also, you can download updated versions from CustomerSource or PartnerSource. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in > release 10? Hi Mariano, thanks for the quick response! I...

Can't modify table style
I'm flabbergasted after spending over 30 minutes trying to trouble shoot a table of contents, so I deleted it and tried to create a new table of contents formatted like the one I had before (font properties wise). So I select the table of contents tab on the ribbon (Word 2007), then I select "Insert a tabel of contents..." under the automatic and manual table images above and I want to "modify" the "formal" format, since it's pretty close to what I want except for the font color, type and size. I also want to change the "options&quo...

BOM & Edit List

Pivot Table Problem #11
hi friends, so much time uh... I've got the next PIVOT TABLE: CODE NAME DEBITBALANCE 0M EMILE MUSLEH SALEH 20,001 0O SOC. IND. ICASUS LTDA 660,200 1A ADT SECURITY - 1B HOTELERA OCEANIC LTDA - 1C YOUSEF COMERCIAL LTDA - Is there a way to show just the data values : CODE NAME DEBITBALANCE 0M EMILE MUSLEH SALEH 20,001 0O SOC. IND. ICASUS LTDA 660,200 NOTE: The other ones are in "0" or "-" value, bec...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Pivot Tables #44
I have a set of data in columns with an entry for a date in each row. I would like to use a pivot table to calculate the totals in the rows by month as oppose to by day. How do I roll up a dd/mm/yy format to subtotal the months? Regards Filky -- filky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ filky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11801 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492601 Right click on the date field in your pivot table. Select Group and Show Detail and then Group. Clic...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Grant view only access to all users calendars
Is there any way with exchange 2003 to grant all users read only access to everyone else's calendars. Apperently this was configured on the old 5.5 server that we migrated the users from but it no longer works under exchange 2003. I could get all users to grant access individually but I would prefer if there was a centralized way of doing this. Any ideas. Permissions on just calendars (individual folders) cannot be set from the Exchange server - it must be set at the client level. Perhaps you had read permissions set to the entire mailbox on the old server? If not, you might wan...

No reply form onto e-mail toolbar button
How do I get the "No Reply/No Reply to All" organizational forms library form onto an e-mail toolbar button? I have been able to link e-mail addresses to this toolbar button and now I want to be able to instantly open this form, addressed to all employees. Right now I have to go to the Tools menu, then Forms, then Choose a Form, then select "No Reply/No Reply to All" under the Organizational Forms Library. Once the e-mail form opens, I then have to address it to "All Employees". It would be a great time- saver if this form was already on the toolbar in...

Lookup and tables
Orientation of collector Tilt of collector South SE/SW E/W NE/NW North Horizontal 933 933 933 933 933 30 degrees 1042 997 886 762 709 45 degrees 1023 968 829 666 621 60 degrees 960 900 753 580 485 Vertical 724 684 565 427 360 I need to make it so Excel will Lookup a piece of data in the above table when someone writes in the Tilt of the collector in one cell, and the orientation in another. IE Tilt of collector: 30 Orientation ...

Tracking/voting options not working with Infopath form
When I send an infopath form with outlook and require voting options, I can't figure out where to find the responses tracking. With a normal email form, you go to the sent message and click tracking. I don't see the same options when I send an infopath message. ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Re-set autonumber in a table (primary key)
I have built a database and tested it thoroughly. I deleted the test records but now my first record has an automunber or 15 and this is winding me up. Can I re-set the autonumber back to 0? Try a compact and repair on the DB (front- or back-end) having that table. "Biffo" wrote: > I have built a database and tested it thoroughly. I deleted the test records > but now my first record has an automunber or 15 and this is winding me up. > Can I re-set the autonumber back to 0? Delete the field. Save the table. Insert a new autonumber field -- Wayne Manchester, Englan...

Lines of text disappearing in Word Tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br> I'm having a weird issue with text within tables in my word document. For some reason, if I delete the last row of a table that I'm working on, the previous row's text disappears. What's even more strange is that the first line of text disappears if there are two lines of text in the row, and the second row is fine. <br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry, not enough detail to answer. 1) Select the entire row and choose Edit>Clear>Clear Formatting. Now what ha...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...