Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm

Hello Everyone,

I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub-
Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children
of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm).

There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just
the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same.
To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create
another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or
remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The initial order
(record) is being kept to be able to provide history of their orders.

I am aware of A. Browne’s tip (http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html) about
duplicating the mainform and its subform. I have also searched this forum
thoroughly to find out similar situation as mentioned but did not find any
one (or maybe I am not searching good enough). I wonder if anyone could shed
light on my issue about duplicating the form down to its Sub-SubForm
considering that the SubForm is a continuous form.

Is my approach above the right one in keeping history of orders?

I am using Access 2000.

Thank you very much for any help that could be extended in solving this
problem.

yhengataccessmonster

Close a Report When Sub-Reports are Empty
Following on from my recent "RecordCount" thread ... I have an unbound report which contains two subreports. I've used the method suggested by Al to count the records in the subs but I want the main report to close if both subs are empty. I've successfully trapped error 440 in various events but each time I use DoCmd.Close acReport, Me.Name I get an error saying that the action isn't possible whilst the report is formatting. Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks. Keith. "Keith Wilby" <here@there.com> schreef in bericht = news:46d580bc$1_...

Duplicates

Receiving duplicate emails

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

ACC2007: SubForm slows down form
Hello, i have a form which is connected to a query with about 6000 records on sql server. If i open that form, it is really fast. But If i add an empty subform on this form, the form opens in 12 sec. What i've seen is, that without the subform the record counter on the bottom only shows the current record but with a subform on it, it seems that it loops through all records and the shows "1 of 6000". Any ideas why there is a difference? I also tried to make the subform invisible or disable it, but the behaviour is the same. Regards Andi ...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Return Reply for sub-email box
I have the following setup for the employees at my work: Every user has their own user in box Some users share a community in box that has it's own user name that those particular employees are authorized to send e-mails on behalf of. Currently, when one of the employees reply to the community in box, the reply comes from the community user name on behalf of the main user. If a customer of ours replies, the e-mail returns to the community mail box. I'd like the default when an e-mail is replied to from this community box that the main users e-mail is the default reply for our cust...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

RM00401 duplicated document numbers
Hi everyone, We are using version 10.00 There are some batches that don't post correctly. When the posting process begins, is getting stuck in some point in the progress and crashes. When we search in the tables, the documents appear in both WORK and HIST SOPs. This case has ocurred before, so, what we do is search and be sure that the GL accounts are ok, affecting the right amounts and then, delete the transaction of the WORK table. The problem we have now, is that every time the batch is trying to post, creates a docnumbr in the RM00401 with the same number and 0's added. For exam...

receivde mail as duplicate all the time
Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? YH Lee <YH Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, my outlook mail inbox always received same message duplicate > sometimes triplicate as same messgae. how can i correct just once > mail message, not duplicate or triplicate of same message? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

searching a column for duplicate, then replacing the row.
i have a userform that pulls in information from a row on spreadsheet. i.e. workbook(1).sheets(1) column A contains a list of numbers. userform1.listbox1 has a list of all the numbers in column A when the listbox1 is clicked it fills in all the appropriate control with what is in the other columns on the same row. column A number i placed in textbox1 on userform. right now, after changes to the form and the user clicks th commandbutton to save. it creates a whole new row with the same numbe in column A, so i have duplicates. is there a way to replace the entire row instead? with a msgbo...

Yet Another Subform Requery Question
Hi Groupies I am using A2007 I have a main form, frmJob which has a subform frmPurchases and this form has a subform, fsubInventory. My problem is the requery between the 2 subforms. If a customer places an order for 10 products, I need the quantity to change in fsubInventory, right now it isn't updating until I move between records. On frmPurchases in the field PurchaseQuantity After Update Event I have the following code: Me!fsubInventory.Form!TotalStock.Requery I have also tried entering the code to the frmPurchases After Update Event....no luck. What am I missing?!?!?!?!?...

Duplicates
I trying to use a formula to find Duplicates Entries in a Single Column. I tried some formulas I found it but they didn't work. Let me Clarify The Item may be listed several times. Possible 12 times. Such as Blue Red Blue Yellow Blue Green Blue So I would need to know every time Blue shows up. My goal is to delete all but one of the Items. "klafert" wrote: > I trying to use a formula to find Duplicates Entries in a Single Column. I > tried some formulas I found it but they didn't work. Assuming that your first Blue entry is in A2, ...

Duplicate A/P invioces
GP's V8 checks for duplicate A/P invoices using vendor ID & invoice # only but we work in a sector where many "invoices" are not prenumbered. Is there a way to increase the number of factors checked, specifically amount? Thanks The factors are hard coded. You would need to create your own business logic using VBA, Dexterity, or whatever. -- Charles Allen, MVP "noyb" wrote: > GP's V8 checks for duplicate A/P invoices using vendor ID & invoice # > only but we work in a sector where many "invoices" are not prenumbered. > Is there...

Local Range Name & Sheet Duplication
Hi, In my workbook, I have a global variable sheet called "GlobalVars" and individual worksheets. The GlobalVars will have variables that affect all calculation sheets. My variables are localized to this sheet. An individual worksheet represents a region. It will use both specific region inputs and global variables (brought over from GlobalVars) . It performs the region's calculations. Again, all variables are localized. I want to be able to duplicate an individual worksheet as many times as needed. But when I do this, the variables from GlobalVars break. I am left...

Duplicate Detection
Hi I have duplicate detection enabled on my system and it works when an account, contact or lead is created or updated. However when I run a duplicate detection job on the accounts and leads I can click on view duplicates and see all the duplicates. When I click on view duplicates for a contacts duplicate job , the screen just keeps at the green circle and nothing loads. I have even tried running the job for a very small subset of the data but still no luck. I look forward to some suggestions. Regards CRMUser2008 Are you on 3.0 or 4.0? On Nov 19, 4:21=A0am, CRM 2008 <CRM2...@disc...

Duplicate transactions from updating online
I have searched and searched for answers and I can't find any. I tried calling Microsoft but they tell me to contact my computer manufacturer to answer software problems that they didn't even give me. I searched the chat and I keep seeing you respond to everyone and was wondering if you could help. I have a few problems. 1. I keep getting duplicate transactions from my bank statement when I update online. I bank with Bank of America. It is frustrating to go through your account and edit all the transactions when they keep appearing after each update. Then it will do the same thi...