DoCmd.TransferDatabase import "FORMS"

I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb code.
Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated;

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb",
acForm, "FrmName, frmName"

Thanks

CWH

"FrmName, frmName"
should be
FrmName, frmName

Pieter

"CWH via AccessMonster.com" <u31211@uwe> wrote in message
>I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb
>code.
> Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated;
>
> DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access",
> "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb",
> acForm, "FrmName, frmName"
>

> Thanks

Pieter
10/22/2007 12:19:35 PM
Thanks Pieter;

But when I change to statement as suggested I get a 2465 Error can't find the
field "|" referred to in your expression.

Pieter Wijnen wrote:
>"FrmName, frmName"
>should be
>FrmName, frmName
>
>Pieter
>
>>I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb
>>code.
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> Thanks

CWH
10/22/2007 12:59:36 PM
What is FrmName: a variable containing the name of the form, or are you
using that to represent the name of the field?

If it's supposed to be the actual name of the field, use

"FrmName", "frmName"

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

> Thanks Pieter;
>
> But when I change to statement as suggested I get a 2465 Error can't find
> the
> field "|" referred to in your expression.
>
> Pieter Wijnen wrote:
>>"FrmName, frmName"
>>should be
>>FrmName, frmName
>>
>>Pieter
>>
>>>I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb
>>>code.
>>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>>
>>> Thanks

Douglas
10/22/2007 1:30:51 PM
Hi;

Sorry if I'm comfusing. All I want to do is import the form in its entirity
to include all fields etc..

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>What is FrmName: a variable containing the name of the form, or are you
>using that to represent the name of the field?
>
>If it's supposed to be the actual name of the field, use
>
>"FrmName", "frmName"
>
>> Thanks Pieter;
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

CWH
10/22/2007 1:54:19 PM
That's fine, but you need to tell us what FrmName is in the one line of code
you provided.

Perhaps if you showed more of your code...

--

> Hi;
>
> Sorry if I'm comfusing. All I want to do is import the form in its
> entirity
> to include all fields etc..
>

> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>What is FrmName: a variable containing the name of the form, or are you
>>using that to represent the name of the field?
>>
>>If it's supposed to be the actual name of the field, use
>>
>>"FrmName", "frmName"
>>
>>> Thanks Pieter;
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Douglas
10/22/2007 2:27:34 PM
DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb",
acForm, TrainingMaster, TrainingMaster

Where TrainingMaster is the actual form name. and "C:\folder\DBname.mdb" is
the location where the form is that I want to import into the current
database. My vb code deletes the current form (same name) and then should
import the new one.

Thanks

Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>That's fine, but you need to tell us what FrmName is in the one line of code
>you provided.
>
>Perhaps if you showed more of your code...
>
>> Hi;
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

CWH
10/22/2007 2:44:01 PM
In that case, you need

> DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access",
> "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb",
> acForm, TrainingMaster, TrainingMaster
>
> Where TrainingMaster is the actual form name. and "C:\folder\DBname.mdb"
> is
> the location where the form is that I want to import into the current
> database. My vb code deletes the current form (same name) and then should
> import the new one.
>
> Thanks
>

> Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>>That's fine, but you need to tell us what FrmName is in the one line of
>>code
>>you provided.
>>
>>Perhaps if you showed more of your code...
>>
>>> Hi;
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Douglas

Standard field "Heights" ?? (Forms to big for screens)
Having trouble making our Forms fit on screens for users who run low res (600x800 or whatever) Can any of you suggest any tips? (Other than eliminating some of the data fields :) Looks like default heights for... Field = 0.2083" Field Title = .1667" I've reduced Field Height to .166 and changed "Special Effects" to 'Flat" (default is "Sunken) I've used Format | Align to snug all the fields & titles up against each other. I'm using Command Buttons on some forms to "popup" additional data... Thanks for any help. Mel Mel wrote: ...

Control Forms
Whenever I create a Combo Box and go onto Format Control to change th cell link etc, there are only four tabs on the screen: Size Protection, Properties and Web - normally there is a fifth 'Contol' but it seems to have disappeared, any ideas on why or how I can get i back? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You're creating a combobox from the control toolbox, not the forms control -- first is ActiveX and has properties & Code and no Control Tab; 2nd is not activeX and has the control tab. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "rolo >" <<rolo.1b6qn1@e...

Weed Out Inactive Forms
Hi Everyone. Is there a simple flag I can enter into a table which will keep various records from showing when updating forms? I don't really want to remove them from my table. The table contains many entries, but we only need to update current records. I want to try this before getting into an append query. Thanks! Karen Add a Yes/No field to your table. YourTable Field1 Field2 ynShow Yes/No Then your append query would have criteria for ynShow "Yes" and it would only show those records with Yes. kalyhan wrote: >Hi Everyone. > >Is there a simple flag I ca...

Search Forms
I have a switchboard and a main client form. On the main client form I used the combo box wizard to create a searching combo box-the user selects the client name from the box and is taken to the first match (no filter, uses the FindFind method). I also have another combo box on my switch board as a shortcut. The user can select the client's name from that list and go directly to the client page with the matching last name. That combo is using a filtering method which is causing an error that forces the entire access program to quit. I'm think that if I can search without usi...

Using only forms, Not queries
HI, How can we restrict users to enter/view data only through forms and Never queries? When a form uses a query to access the table, we need to give the rights to read, insert and update anycase. Then what stops the user from using the Query directly? Request some clarification. Thanks a lot Ramesh You most certainly can, and should hide all of the ms-access interface. The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool ba...

Creating chunk file for updating modified forms
Hi, On RM_Cash_Receipts form, I have added a new button for some purpose. I am creating a chunk file with the help of this link ("http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/gp/using/gp_create_chunk_file.mspx"). I am also creating new forms and reports but after installing chunk file, I can see all my new forms and reports except the customized form which is (RM_Cash_Receipts). I am following every point to include my alternate forms and reports which creating chunk file but I am not able to see customized form. I got the solution with the help of this link ("http://www.meritso...

Converting Forms to Data Access Pages
I've got a form with several calculated values, including time value of money formulas and "If" statements. I need to convert it to a data access page so that the form can be used across an intranet. The problem is that when i convert those formulas don't seem to want to convert and there is no expression builder in DAPs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason ...

Forms #2
We are using Microsoft Outlook 2002 with Exchange Server 2000. Our problem is that we have a custom form that cannot be opened by anyone except the person who created it. When others try to use the form, they get the following error: The form you selected cannot be displayed. An error occurred while intalling the form. I am assuming this is a permissions issue but I don't have a clue where to start on this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I tried what you suggested and now the error is: The form you selected could not be displayed. An error occurred registering th...

Creating Custom forms In Calendar
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 calendar as an appoinment book for my IT support business. However the normal layout for appoinments is not ideal for what I need. I would like to expand the Location field to be a full address block with Postcode (zip) and telephone number and the main freetext area to drop down fields for Type of fault ie hadware/software and symptoms etc. Does anyone know if there are any cheap(preferably free) templates available for Outlook 2003 Calander or a fairly simple tutorial which will allow me to create my own.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Editing forms
What I wanted to know is how I edit Contacts Form. If you open a contact form then u see all the tabs Info, Sales, Cases, Activities,Notes,Contact .... on the left site how do I add one to the left side and create new forms to go in there? Like create one called "Professional" and create a form for that professional tab ... you need to start looking at the sdk which will explain how to add customizations like this to crm "Edgar Engibarian" <edgar@bellcpa.com> wrote in message news:eSuPJiYTDHA.3132@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What I wanted to know is how I edit ...

CUSTOM FORMS #5
hi there. does anyone knows where i can find custom forms for outlook (currently i have outlook 2002) thanks. You might start here:=20 http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=3D45 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "Luis Nunes" <luisfnunes@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:eUpkqovtHHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi there. >=20 > does anyone knows where i ca...

Stored Procedure, Forms and Input Parameters
Hi, I have a DB that has long ago needed to move it's data to an SQL server instead of using an MDB file. Before i go anywhere near the live DB i'm experimenting on how to do this. The method i'm currently exploring is to use an Access 2007 Project connected to SQL server 2005. Currently I'm working on binding form to a Stored Procedure. Selecting the SP in the form's record source works so far as when the form opens an input box is displayed for my paramter (SelDB). Enter a valid value and the data is displayed on the form as expected. Is there a straig...

Forms summing
I have a popup form with 5 text Boxes RedCount WhiteCount YellowCount PurpleCount txtTotal I want to sum the first 4 boxes in the 5th Why is this not working? =[RedCount]+[YellowCount]+[WhiteCount]+[PurpleCount] Or =sum([RedCount]+[YellowCount]+[WhiteCount]+[PurpleCount]) In the control source of txtTotal All 5 boxes are formatted to be general number and first 4 have a default value of 0 All I get is either "error" or "name" depending on what I try to put as my code Am I missing something? Any help here will be appreciated Thanks in advance D Odd because it wo...

Can a form with drop down menus search in other forms?
I am trying to design a database to where the switchboard will lead to a form that has various drop down menus for searching purposes. Let's say that on this form, one of the companies in the "Company Name" drop down menu is Company A. I want for Access to pull all forms that have "Company A" in it. So for example, I would end up with 1 record displayed out of 25. Is this even possible? -- Natasha Well, you really search WITH forms; you don't search FOR forms. Maybe this will help. http://datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/searchform.html ...

Invoice forms
In reference to Money 2003 Deluxe/Business, I would like to use blank computer forms which are preprinted with my logo when I print invoices. I noticed that one of the choices for invoice printing is Harland. I cannot find a supplier for Harland invoice forms. Is there any other supplier for Money invoice forms? "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3C6CC5-1E6B-4724-9DE9-A9864E76BA65@microsoft.com... > In reference to Money 2003 Deluxe/Business, I would like to use blank > computer forms which are preprinted with my logo when I print invoic...

Adding texture to Access forms
How do you add texture to the background of Microsoft Access forms? Arturo wrote: > How do you add texture to the background of Microsoft Access forms? With the Picture property of the form. Set it to an image file that gives the "texture" you want. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

DoCmd.Close...Closing all my forms!
Occassionally, when running code in VBA, the "DoCmd.Close" command ends up closing all the forms I have open in my Access database file when all I want it to do is close the form or query I last opened with the DoCmd statement. Why is this happeing and how can I avoid it in the future? Example below: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName,,,stfilter getathlete = Me!fname DoCmd.Close <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1190618309.333977.102700@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Occassionally, when running code in VBA, the "DoCmd.Close" command > ends...

Word 2007 Fill-in forms not working for Word 2003 users
I created a form with fill-in capabilities. It works fine for 2007 users, but Word 2003 users cannot even click on the fill-in boxes. I tried saving the document as 2007 w/2003 compatibility, and I also tried saving the document as a Word 2003 doc...but it still doesn't work. Any idea what is happening and what I should do? If you used content controls, then you will have to redo the form, as they were added in Word 2007 and are not backward-compatible. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Bx...

Some of my info added on forms fails to show up in the report.
I have tried to figure out why some flows to the report but some doesn't. I assume it has something to do with the parameters in my report set up. Is there something basic I am missing? Comet 184, Without knowing how your report is set-up and what parameters are set it's hard to say. The only thing I can suggest is checking the RecordSource of your report. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Comet 184&q...

Too many forms?
I have a filtered form created by the forms wizard; the filtering comes from an unbound form used to simply select an employee. The form is designed to enter data into tblCertification with fields: lngCertID chrIssuedID chrEmpID (the employee number) chrCertificate .... The filter is on chrEmpID. I have a combo box to display an employee name instead of their employee number. In order to enter a new certificate for a selected employee I needed to add [forms].[frmEmployeeSelect].[chrEmpID] to the querry populating the combo box. This works well. I liked the form enough to also...

Coverted to 2002
I mean super slow, like 5 minutes to load slow. What could the problem be here? I've reset my references to DAO 3.6 (I've also tried 3.51, but it didn't seem to make a difference performance wise). I've also gone through and added dao. to all of my database and recordset dims. What could I be missing? This db ran fine in 97. "Harris_Rodgers" <brodgers@stny.rr.com> wrote: >Okay I just found this > >Tools >> Options >> General >>.Track name AutoCorrect info >should be off. Good. >Which helped a lot, but it's now...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...

Microsoft Acess Forms-Check Boxes
I have a very complicated database that involves SQL servers. I was thrown to the wolves for maintaining and fixing it when necessary. there are several checkboxes on one of the forms. When the form is open these check boxes can be checked, but can not be changed after that. There is also another control that updates the check boxes. When this control is changed it will uncheck or check the box as necessary, but as soon as the user rechecks the box, it can not be changed again. Does anyone know what is happening? I want to fix it that a user can check or uncheck the box at any t...

2003
A custom form has been assigned to a folder, and it works. But, when you try to use the Find feature with that folder, an older form ( not assigned ) is suddenly used. Any ideas on how to resolve would be much appreciated. ...

Protected Forms
Made a form and posted it in a shared folder for co-workers to fill out and EMail to me. How do I keep them from saving it? Thanks for any help. Steve --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Please define form. Did you set up a worksheet to look like a paper form? If it is a workbook, did you make it read only using its file attributes? Have any control on the file permissions in the shared folder? If not, perhaps see you lan administrator. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy portchili > <<portchili.zhfhq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:portchili.zhfhq@excel...