DoCmd.HourGlass not working

I've got a form with a treeview object. When I double click on a
particular node in the treeview I open a second form. The second form
takes awhile to populate so I want to display an hourglass cursor. I
can't get the hourglass to display. What's odd is that it works from a
button click event but not the treeview double click event.

This code doesn't work:

Private Sub TreeView1_DblClick()
    Call DoCmd.Hourglass(True)
    DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondForm"
End Sub

This code works:

Private Sub Button_Click()
    Call DoCmd.Hourglass(True)
    DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondForm"
End Sub

The only difference is the event. What is going on?
0
cr113

Probably that you aren't using the Node Click event.

BTW, a simple

DoCmd.Hourglass True

DoCmd.Hourglass False

turns it on and off
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"cr113" <cr113@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I've got a form with a treeview object. When I double click on a
> particular node in the treeview I open a second form. The second form
> takes awhile to populate so I want to display an hourglass cursor. I
> can't get the hourglass to display. What's odd is that it works from a
> button click event but not the treeview double click event.
>

> This code doesn't work:
>
> Private Sub TreeView1_DblClick()
>    Call DoCmd.Hourglass(True)
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondForm"
> End Sub
>
> This code works:
>
> Private Sub Button_Click()
>    Call DoCmd.Hourglass(True)
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondForm"
> End Sub
>
> The only difference is the event. What is going on?

0
Arvin
3/10/2010 4:47:33 PM
On Mar 10, 10:47=A0am, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arv...@mvps.invalid> wrote:
> Probably that you aren't using the Node Click event.

That ended up being my workaround. But why doesn't it work in the
double click event? Is that a bug?
0
cr113
3/10/2010 5:46:10 PM
On Mar 10, 10:47 am, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arv...@mvps.invalid> wrote:
> Probably that you aren't using the Node Click event.

That ended up being my workaround. But why doesn't it work in the
double click event? Is that a bug?

Not a bug, that's the way a TreeView works
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

Working with automatic sweeps
I have paired savings and checking accounts. Every day money is swept either from or too savings to keep a fixed balance. When I pull in the transactions I get entries in both accounts but neither shows up as a Transfer. If I edit one of these in the Savings account, for example, to make it a transfer from Checking a second entry appears in Checking, which I then have to delete. Is there any sensible way to handle this? If you miss one of these duplicated entries it screws up your accounts. Roger As with all account-to-account transfers when both accounts are downloaded, Money i...

Working with layers
Hi Is it possible in Visio 2003 (or maybe in 2007:-) if working with layers and than saving as a web page, to be able to view or switch between layers? I can't find anywhere if this is possibe on a web page, that is generated from visio drawing. Are there any 3rd party workarround tools that do this? Regards, Miha Hi Miha, The Visio-viewer (a free downloadable browser plug-in for IE: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3fb3bd5c-fed1-46cf-bd53-da23635ab2df&displaylang=en) allows users to toggle layer visability. This might be an option for you. I don...

Problem Working with Named Ranges
Hi, On one worksheet in my workbook, I have an outline with expandable and collapsable rows (using the group function). In another worksheet, I have different buttons which runs different macros that will link me to the sections of the outline that I want expanded (while the rest remains collapsed). I was able to get a macro to work using absolute values for a cell position, but I have been unsuccesful trying to work with name ranges. This is a problem, as I frequently add new rows to the outline so I'm constantly having to update the macro. Can someone help me put relative v...

flag to follow up not working
I have created a custom form (outlook 2003)based upon a contact form, & now I cannot seem to use a "flag to follow up" with it, can anyone help please ...

Intelligent Message Filter not working
Hi All, I am having a battle to get intelligent message filtering working. I have installed SP2, changed the reg to download updates, configured the default SMTP server to use IMF, set my thresholds, but nothing is being filtered. When I check the events log, there are no logs for any filter events. I have re-started the SMTP service and the server, but still nothing. Is there anything I can check to see what is happening or not happening? Many thanks in advance. Download Microsoft Exchange Server Intelligent Message Filter v2 Operations Guide. You find a few ways to monitor using even...

Will not work
I just opened Outlook to start using it and everytime I click send/receive it says operation failed. Object not found. What does that mean? And i can't send/rec mail. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled and a message came up about access and obdc md access. Please help it sounds like the address book is missing. Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps...

How convert Docmd.Domenuitem
I'm converting a 97 db to 2000. A form has a button that executes a Docmd.Domenuitem command. This is supposed to invoke Find and Replace. It does, but the subject is grayed out. I need the find to be based on the control where the cursor was when the button was pressed. Any ideas? Access help in 2000 does not even mention this command neither does my Access book. Maybe you need to do Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFind or DoCmd.FindRecord On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:43:03 -0700, "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote: >I'm converti...

Working With Two Computers & Outlook
I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but am thinking about purchasing the Outlook 2003 upgrade. Sky <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and > carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way > to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the > desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but > am think...

Working with street addresses?
How do I split the numbers from the text in a street address? Data>text to columns, fixed delimiter double click thos parsing indicators that you don't need -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sully" <Sully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE61D2B6-B114-41F7-AD43-3E062EEF6F42@microsoft.com... > How do I split the numbers from the text in a street address? ...

visio 10 not working with windows xp
I had windows ME and upgraded to XP now visio 10 will not work. It looks like all the files are there but it says :not the registered user? I would suspect that the registry has been written over. You probably have to reinstall... al "bheide18" <bheide18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A06B6DEB-8E4B-4854-9265-E9E9A9818F05@microsoft.com... >I had windows ME and upgraded to XP now visio 10 will not work. It looks >like > all the files are there but it says :not the registered user? Thanks Al ! I believe your right I tried everthing else,thanks a...

Working with Both Excel 2003 and 2007
I'm in the middle of transitioning from 2003 to 2007 (half company on each version) How do you set it so that Excel 2007 in the primary excel...ie when openning a file from it automatically defaults to 2007 insted of 2003 Can this be done? Thanks -- Helping Is always a good thing Hi, I have E2003, E2007 & E2010 on the same machine and as I've added new versions the latest version has become the 'default' version. Are you saying this isn't happening? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduc...

How Do I make all this work?
Hello Everyone: I work for a bank as construction loan officer and i am on the road more that i am in the office. I use and consider myself familiar with MS software, but i am trying to coordinate this and don't really know where to start. 1. I use outlook for my work e-mail and can intermittently access my work account externally via the internet, but can't send anything from a remote location once I access. A m I wrong about this, I want to send newsletters, etc.and currently MS Publisher defaults to bank's Outlook when I click "Send To" 2. I have added my ya...

Entourage auto send and receive is not working
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi all, <br> I am using Entourage 2004 on a MacBookPro running Mac OS 10.5.8. <br> The automatic scheduled 'send and receive' has been working up until about a week ago. I can still see doing the 'send and receive' every 15 minutes at the bottom left corner, but no emails come through. However, if I manually click the 'send and receive' button at the top, I will get my mail. <br> Any ideas? Thanks for any info. On 3/20/10 9:06 AM, phed_up@officeformac...

CTRL-C & CTRL-V have stopped working
Excel 2000 on Win98SE I have a multi-sheet project that, until last week, was working just fine. All of a sudden I can't copy and past cells. When I press CTRL-C the cell has the marching ants around it but when I go to paste absolutely nothing happens. As mentioned, this was working just fine so something has changed but I'm stymied. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I've had problems in that area when either Windows search or the Outlook Express search was invoked. Windows Start, search or Outlook Express, ctrl+shift+F Of course I just tried it right now...

UPDATE FROM WORKS TO EXCEL?
Is it possible to upgrade? Files or Application? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Joelee" <ohshunlvr@aol.com> wrote in message news:015b01c36c05$b1ba78d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to upgrade? ...

percentage not working right
I have a 21 column worksheet. Once a month the managers send in there evolutions. Once they come in I mark them as complete and then add up the number that we received and come up with the % that is complete for the month. I finally made this in an excel spearsheet, but the % calulations comes out wrong. example: if we had 6 out of 21 come in then the percentage should be 30%. Well it comes back as 600%. I have tried to fix it, but it won't work. What am I doing wrong? winnie is :confused: -- winnieluvpooh ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Find message stopped working!
The other day A got several aggressive emails pretending to be from Earthlink, and while deleting each one, it was bringing up my McAfee Antivirus program. I deleted each one. ran the anti-virus scan, which found nothing, and thought everything was oK. But it was not, the only thing that I noticed was not working was find message, which I really need for my business! I tried system restore, but that didn't help either. I find nothing under tools to shut off this function. When I go to Add/remove(I have Windows XP) it will only remove the latest update for explorer, or Outlook exp...

Is it true about DoCmd.SendObject
That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:u91TwlG3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? > > -- > Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob > MS Access 2007 accdb > Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 > > It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~) ...

out of office not working
When I click on out of office in tools, it tells me " THE COMMAND IS NOT AVAILABLE. SEE THE PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THIS EXTENSION" I am running on Win2k and outlook 2002 SP1 and also restricted user. I have Exchange Extensions commands installed. any ideas? George ...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Email macro not working
I have used Ron de Bruin's code for emailing a worksheet in Outlook 2003 for quite sometime and it works perfect, (I use the .Send not the .display). Now for the problem I have been asked to use the .display now instead of .send because we are now having to add an extra address (not very often maybe once a month or so). All I changed was the comment out of .Send and the uncommenting of .Display and it seemed to work until I hit the SEND button in Outlook and I get this error message "Operation can not be performed because the object has been deleted" If I r...

Help with "Form DoCmd.Open and DoCmd.Close
The following two lines of code is not operating correctly. Private Sub cmdChangeVendor1_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice by Market Reviewer" DoCmd.OpenForm "Selections Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal End Sub When I click on the cmdChangeVendor1 button, I expect the form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" to close and the form "Selections Vendor and Reviewer" to open. But that is not the result I get. The form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" closes but that is about it. Nothing else opens. I have two forms that behaves this way. I have ...

My Save As menu is not working
Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. How can I fix this problem Hi, right-click the menubar select Customise from list >> Toolbars click Standard click Reset Button ok - Mark >-----Original Message----- >Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. >How can I fix this problem >. > ...

MONEY Works for Canadians???
I am trying to set up MONEY to access my bank but it is not listed in the online services database. Can this be updated or is there another way to set up the account? I think the only way is if it's not listed to login to your bank's web site and download your statements manually each time you want to update. It's crazy how most banks aren't connected -- even E*TRADE BANK -- which is an online only bank. Don't tell Money you are Canadian though, it will give you errors. ;) -Max "C. Ahrensback" <cahrensback@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:upe7WfF...

When I close a form with DoCmd.Close I get a parameter popup
This is a repost. I will try to explain the problem a little better than I did the last time. When I execute DoCmd.Close on one of my forms I get one of those little unknown parameter popups, the kind you get when there's something wrong with your query. But all I'm trying to do is close the form, not read any data. This popup appears to be gernerated by the row source query in a list box on the form. This row source query references another text box on the form and this appears to be what the popup is asking for. But there's a value in this text box. And why should th...