DoCmd.FindRecord Error - Perplexing

My code has a function to find a record.  The function is called by 2
separate search forms, each of which generates SQL for a query that builds a
table of record keys of all qualifying recs.  When there is only 1 qualifying
rec, the function is called to open the primary form (Member Data) to the
qualifying rec.

The function uses the rec in the new results table ( a long int ) as the
argument for the FindRecord.

When called by 1 of the forms, it works properly.  When called by the second
form it fails on the DoCms.FindRecord line with Runtime error 2162:  "A macro
set to 1 of the current fields properties failed because of an error in a
FindRecord action argument."

I don't understand how one can succeed and the other fail, and I don't
really know how to further investigate the problem.  Here's the code in the
function:

Public Function FindSingleMbrSearchResult() As Boolean
    Dim MbrIDHold As Variant
    Dim Result As Boolean

    ' Open SearchResultInterim recordset having the MbrID of the 1 rec
meeting search criteria
    Dim rstSrch As New ADODB.Recordset
    rstSrch.Open "SearchResultInterim", CurrentProject.Connection,
adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

    ' Get MbrID of qualifying rec
    rstSrch.MoveFirst
    MbrIDHold = rstSrch.Fields("MbrID")
     ' The following verifies that there is a vailid MbrID in each case
    MsgBox "MbrIDHold: " & MbrIDHold
    rstSrch.Close
    Set rstSrch = Nothing

    'Delete rec from SearchResultInterim table
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "SearchResultInterimDelete"
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True

    If (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2) Then
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Member Data"
        Forms![Member Data]!MbrID.SetFocus
        DoCmd.FindRecord MbrIDHold
        Result = True
    Else
        Result = False
    End If  ' (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2)
    FindSingleMbrSearchResult = Result
End Function

I will greatly appreciate any assistance to understand and correct the problem

Are you using any me.<fieldname> variables in the "SearchResultInterim"?

Also, I am not sure if this would help but it looks as if you could use a
DCOUNT function to check for the number of records.  You can also add a
NZ(DCOUNT(..),0) to add support for when there are no records and DCOUNT
would return a null.

"Richard S." wrote:

> My code has a function to find a record.  The function is called by 2
> separate search forms, each of which generates SQL for a query that builds a
> table of record keys of all qualifying recs.  When there is only 1 qualifying
> rec, the function is called to open the primary form (Member Data) to the
> qualifying rec.
>
> The function uses the rec in the new results table ( a long int ) as the
> argument for the FindRecord.
>
> When called by 1 of the forms, it works properly.  When called by the second
> form it fails on the DoCms.FindRecord line with Runtime error 2162:  "A macro
> set to 1 of the current fields properties failed because of an error in a
> FindRecord action argument."
>
> I don't understand how one can succeed and the other fail, and I don't
> really know how to further investigate the problem.  Here's the code in the
> function:
>
> Public Function FindSingleMbrSearchResult() As Boolean
>     Dim MbrIDHold As Variant
>     Dim Result As Boolean
>
>     ' Open SearchResultInterim recordset having the MbrID of the 1 rec
> meeting search criteria
>     Dim rstSrch As New ADODB.Recordset
>     rstSrch.Open "SearchResultInterim", CurrentProject.Connection,
> adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
>
>     ' Get MbrID of qualifying rec
>     rstSrch.MoveFirst
>     MbrIDHold = rstSrch.Fields("MbrID")
>      ' The following verifies that there is a vailid MbrID in each case
>     MsgBox "MbrIDHold: " & MbrIDHold
>     rstSrch.Close
>     Set rstSrch = Nothing
>
>     'Delete rec from SearchResultInterim table
>     DoCmd.SetWarnings False
>     DoCmd.OpenQuery "SearchResultInterimDelete"
>     DoCmd.SetWarnings True
>
>     If (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2) Then
>         DoCmd.OpenForm "Member Data"
>         Forms![Member Data]!MbrID.SetFocus
>         DoCmd.FindRecord MbrIDHold
>         Result = True
>     Else
>         Result = False
>     End If  ' (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2)
>     FindSingleMbrSearchResult = Result
> End Function
>
> I will greatly appreciate any assistance to understand and correct the problem
SearchResultInterim is a table with only 1 field in each row: MbrID which is
the member ID that is the primary key in the primary table and form.

Prior to invoking the function that I have shown, I use DCount of
"SearchResultInterim".  As a result, 1 of 3 actions occurs depending on
whether the result is 0 (no qualifying recs), 1 rec, or multiple.  The
function I have listed is invoked only for a single rec with the desire to
clarify that to the user (i.e. only 1 qualifying rec)and then display that
rec in the primary form.  If multiple recs are found, it will lead to a
"summary" display listing the qualifying recs with the opportunity to "click"
on any of the recs to open to it in the primary form for review/updating, and
then return to the "summary" display listing until the user's purposes are
complete.

In both of the uses I cited, there is 1 valid MbrID in the
"SearchResultInterim" table, which is displayed in the MsgBox only for
debugging.  The function "works" in 1 of the invoking procedures, and causes
an error in the 2nd, although it is acting on the single MbrID in the table.

"Ken" wrote:

> Are you using any me.<fieldname> variables in the "SearchResultInterim"?
>
> Also, I am not sure if this would help but it looks as if you could use a
> DCOUNT function to check for the number of records.  You can also add a
> NZ(DCOUNT(..),0) to add support for when there are no records and DCOUNT
> would return a null.
>

> "Richard S." wrote:
>
> > My code has a function to find a record.  The function is called by 2
> > separate search forms, each of which generates SQL for a query that builds a
> > table of record keys of all qualifying recs.  When there is only 1 qualifying
> > rec, the function is called to open the primary form (Member Data) to the
> > qualifying rec.
> >
> > The function uses the rec in the new results table ( a long int ) as the
> > argument for the FindRecord.
> >
> > When called by 1 of the forms, it works properly.  When called by the second
> > form it fails on the DoCms.FindRecord line with Runtime error 2162:  "A macro
> > set to 1 of the current fields properties failed because of an error in a
> > FindRecord action argument."
> >
> > I don't understand how one can succeed and the other fail, and I don't
> > really know how to further investigate the problem.  Here's the code in the
> > function:
> >
> > Public Function FindSingleMbrSearchResult() As Boolean
> >     Dim MbrIDHold As Variant
> >     Dim Result As Boolean
> >
> >     ' Open SearchResultInterim recordset having the MbrID of the 1 rec
> > meeting search criteria
> >     Dim rstSrch As New ADODB.Recordset
> >     rstSrch.Open "SearchResultInterim", CurrentProject.Connection,
> > adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
> >
> >     ' Get MbrID of qualifying rec
> >     rstSrch.MoveFirst
> >     MbrIDHold = rstSrch.Fields("MbrID")
> >      ' The following verifies that there is a vailid MbrID in each case
> >     MsgBox "MbrIDHold: " & MbrIDHold
> >     rstSrch.Close
> >     Set rstSrch = Nothing
> >
> >     'Delete rec from SearchResultInterim table
> >     DoCmd.SetWarnings False
> >     DoCmd.OpenQuery "SearchResultInterimDelete"
> >     DoCmd.SetWarnings True
> >
> >     If (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2) Then
> >         DoCmd.OpenForm "Member Data"
> >         Forms![Member Data]!MbrID.SetFocus
> >         DoCmd.FindRecord MbrIDHold
> >         Result = True
> >     Else
> >         Result = False
> >     End If  ' (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2)
> >     FindSingleMbrSearchResult = Result
> > End Function
> >
> > I will greatly appreciate any assistance to understand and correct the problem
Ken,
Here is the code that invokes the function shown previously:

    Else                        ' Find by Last Name
        Dim recCount As Integer         ' Count of qualifying records found
        recCount = 0                    ' Initialize

        Dim strSQL As String
        Dim strBase As String
        strBase = " INSERT INTO SearchResultInterim(MbrID) "
        Dim strSelect As String
        Dim strFrom As String
        Dim strWhere As String
        Dim strOrder As String
        Dim strName As String

        strSelect = " SELECT Membership.MbrID "
        strFrom = " FROM Membership"
        strOrder = " ORDER BY Membership.MbrID "

        strName = Me!LNCr

        If matchStartName Then      ' If match is for start of name (not
whole name)
            strName = strName & "*"
        End If

        strWhere = " WHERE (Membership.LN = " & "'" & strName & "'" & ")"

       strSQL = strBase & strSelect & strFrom & strWhere & strOrder

        '********************************************************
        '   Execute query with sql newly generated for search criteria
        '********************************************************
        recCount = DoQuerySearch("SearchByMbrTblFlds", strSQL)

//////////////////////////////////////////

        ElseIf recCount = 1 Then
             ' FindSingleMbrSearchResult is the function being invoked
            If FindSingleMbrSearchResult Then
                DoCmd.Close acForm, "FindMbrEntry"

Thanks for looking into this for me!

"Richard S." wrote:

> [...]
> > >     rstSrch.MoveFirst
> > >     MbrIDHold = rstSrch.Fields("MbrID")
> > >      ' The following verifies that there is a vailid MbrID in each case
> > >     MsgBox "MbrIDHold: " & MbrIDHold
> > >     rstSrch.Close
> > >     Set rstSrch = Nothing
> > >
> > >     'Delete rec from SearchResultInterim table
> > >     DoCmd.SetWarnings False
> > >     DoCmd.OpenQuery "SearchResultInterimDelete"
> > >     DoCmd.SetWarnings True
> > >
> > >     If (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2) Then
> > >         DoCmd.OpenForm "Member Data"
> > >         Forms![Member Data]!MbrID.SetFocus
> > >         DoCmd.FindRecord MbrIDHold
> > >         Result = True
> > >     Else
> > >         Result = False
> > >     End If  ' (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2)
> > >     FindSingleMbrSearchResult = Result
> > > End Function
> > >
> > > I will greatly appreciate any assistance to understand and correct the problem
Richard,

Why not use DCount from the tables that populate the SearchResultInterim
table.  This couldn't this save you a step?

Ken

"Richard S." wrote:

> [...]
> > on any of the recs to open to it in the primary form for review/updating, and
> > then return to the "summary" display listing until the user's purposes are
> > complete.
> >
> > In both of the uses I cited, there is 1 valid MbrID in the
> > "SearchResultInterim" table, which is displayed in the MsgBox only for
> > debugging.  The function "works" in 1 of the invoking procedures, and causes
> > an error in the 2nd, although it is acting on the single MbrID in the table.
> >
> > "Ken" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you using any me.<fieldname> variables in the "SearchResultInterim"?
> > >
> > > Also, I am not sure if this would help but it looks as if you could use a
> > > DCOUNT function to check for the number of records.  You can also add a
> > > NZ(DCOUNT(..),0) to add support for when there are no records and DCOUNT

Just for the record, DCount() returns 0 if there are no records.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

Ken wrote:
> Are you using any me.<fieldname> variables in the "SearchResultInterim"?
>
> Also, I am not sure if this would help but it looks as if you could use a
> DCOUNT function to check for the number of records.  You can also add a
> NZ(DCOUNT(..),0) to add support for when there are no records and DCOUNT
> would return a null.

0
Steve
6/4/2007 10:19:25 AM
I've found my problem.  The error does not occur if I close and then reopen
the primary form before the ".SetFocus" statement.  The .SetFocus statement
was OK, but the following .FindRecord statement resulted in the error.   I
don't understand why this resolves the problem, but it now works.

"Richard S." wrote:

> My code has a function to find a record.  The function is called by 2
> separate search forms, each of which generates SQL for a query that builds a
> table of record keys of all qualifying recs.  When there is only 1 qualifying
> rec, the function is called to open the primary form (Member Data) to the
> qualifying rec.
>
> The function uses the rec in the new results table ( a long int ) as the
> argument for the FindRecord.
>
> When called by 1 of the forms, it works properly.  When called by the second
> form it fails on the DoCms.FindRecord line with Runtime error 2162:  "A macro
> set to 1 of the current fields properties failed because of an error in a
> FindRecord action argument."
>
> I don't understand how one can succeed and the other fail, and I don't
> really know how to further investigate the problem.  Here's the code in the
> function:
>
> Public Function FindSingleMbrSearchResult() As Boolean
>     Dim MbrIDHold As Variant
>     Dim Result As Boolean
>
>     ' Open SearchResultInterim recordset having the MbrID of the 1 rec
> meeting search criteria
>     Dim rstSrch As New ADODB.Recordset
>     rstSrch.Open "SearchResultInterim", CurrentProject.Connection,
> adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
>
>     ' Get MbrID of qualifying rec
>     rstSrch.MoveFirst
>     MbrIDHold = rstSrch.Fields("MbrID")
>      ' The following verifies that there is a vailid MbrID in each case
>     MsgBox "MbrIDHold: " & MbrIDHold
>     rstSrch.Close
>     Set rstSrch = Nothing
>
>     'Delete rec from SearchResultInterim table
>     DoCmd.SetWarnings False
>     DoCmd.OpenQuery "SearchResultInterimDelete"
>     DoCmd.SetWarnings True
>
>     If (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2) Then
>         DoCmd.OpenForm "Member Data"
>         Forms![Member Data]!MbrID.SetFocus
>         DoCmd.FindRecord MbrIDHold
>         Result = True
>     Else
>         Result = False
>     End If  ' (VarType(MbrIDHold) > 2)
>     FindSingleMbrSearchResult = Result
> End Function
>
> I will greatly appreciate any assistance to understand and correct the problem

Backup Errors
When I try to backup GP in File > Backup, I get the error message "You must be on the server to perform this task". I did restore this database to a different machine. What do I have to do so I can backup again? -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com PC Sales, Service & Helpdesk Certified Network Installation & Service Microsoft Retail Management System Microsoft Small Business Financials Specialists Microsoft Certified Partner Comp TIA PC Service Certified The machine you are trying to restore on might have had Dynamics GP installed as a wo...

error C2664.
Hi, i have an error in my application(vs2005). First i list .h and .cpp files and then i provide error description. If anybody know the solution please help me out. *************modifymediapage.h************** #include <vector> class Cmodifymediapage { ....; private: vector<CString> & m_vFieldVals; }; ****************modifymediapage.cpp**************** //this gives index of combo box selection int iPageSelect = m_PageNumber.GetCurSel(); if(m_vFieldVals.size()>=(iPageSelect+1)) { m_vFieldVals.erase(&m_vFieldVals[iPageSelect]);//error pointing here...

error 0x8004210a
Hi, I have a error 0x8004210a in my outlook 2002 in my notebook Vaio (Win XP Pro). Download SP2 office xp and nothings. Other Pc I have run outlook 2002 with norton 2003 and not a problem. Please help me. THanks wong ...

errors on disk
Greetings, My Mcafee scan has frozen the pc 3 times in the same place, and the Mcafee tech said there are some errors on the disk that could cause this. There is a "scandisk" on xp and earlier versions, is there something similar on Vista? What else can I do to identify and correct these errors? Thanks, JS JS wrote: > My Mcafee scan has frozen the pc 3 times in the same place, and the > Mcafee tech said there are some errors on the disk that could cause > this. There is a "scandisk" on xp and earlier versions, is there > something similar on Vi...

How convert Docmd.Domenuitem
I'm converting a 97 db to 2000. A form has a button that executes a Docmd.Domenuitem command. This is supposed to invoke Find and Replace. It does, but the subject is grayed out. I need the find to be based on the control where the cursor was when the button was pressed. Any ideas? Access help in 2000 does not even mention this command neither does my Access book. Maybe you need to do Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFind or DoCmd.FindRecord On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:43:03 -0700, "mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote: >I'm converti...

Stock Status Valuation errors...
Can someone tell me the calculations that take place in the Inventory Stock Status report in order to create the Inventory Valuation? We have several items that show an On-Hand value of Zero (0) which is correct, yet the Inventory Valuation has some value which is in some cases POSITIVE and in others NEGATIVE. Using the Resources capability, I have displayed the Report Layout for the Stock Status, but cannot seem to find the actual CALCULATIONS for creating the Inventory Value. (There are multiple Quantity Fields including On-Hand, but in the records that I am tracking (using SQL Ente...

just look at this error/com add-in
After putting in a new hard disk and restoring my info with files and settings transfer wizard I have but one bug. When I open outlook I get this box with this message. I click ok or x it out and outlook runs normally. Here goes. 'C:\documents and settings\sammycastagna\application data\microsoft\addins\C:\program files\micros~2\office 10 addins\outbak.dll' is not a valid office add-in. When I push the com add-in tab I get the same error message as outlook startup. But there is nothing to clear. Tried renaming extend.dat uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP nothing so far...

Dex runtime error after adding modified smart list to vba
My first go round I had added the "original" Smartlist lookup for Inventory/Items to visual basic instead of adding a "modified" Smartlist Lookup for this screen. This worked fine, but I realized I didn't want all users to use the modified Smartlist. I then removed all these changes and tried to start fresh. I then added the original smartlist to Modifier. This was ok. I changed security to use the modified window. However, after adding the modified window, when I try to exit the screen, I get the Dexterity runtime error. I have repeated this seve...

worksheet with same name error
I have a macro that I use to make a copy of the active worksheet . It works great, if I run the macro again with the same value in "f4", I get a vb error. Is there a way to check the name in "f4" against all worksheet names (there could be 50 sheets) and trap the error? Dim my_sheet As String my_sheet = Range("f4").Value ActiveSheet.Copy After:=Sheets(1) ActiveSheet.Name = my_sheet I will then use: MsgBox "Sheet Saved", vbOKOnly + vbExclamation Else MsgBox "Duplicate name Sheet Not Saved", _ vbOKOnly + vbExclamation End If End...

Is it true about DoCmd.SendObject
That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:u91TwlG3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > That DoCmd.SendObject will find your default Mail client? > > -- > Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob > MS Access 2007 accdb > Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 > > It's true if your default Mail client is Outlook :~) ...

Office 2003 Upgrade - Error 1608
I'm trying to install Office 2003 Small Business Upgrade on Windows 7. I have Office XP (2002) already installed (Student & Teacher version). When I go to install the upgrade, I get the error message 1608 that "Setup could not locate a version of Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP on the selected drive. As mentioned, the suite IS installed on my C:\ drive. I also tried inserting the Office XP installation CD, but get the same error message. Please advise what I should do. Probably because Office XP Student and Teacher Edition is not a qualifying upgrade product f...

Error Message #34
I am getting a Error Message that I have lost my connection to server or not connected and I keep getting the same emails delivered from two days ago when I was just getting the Error Message. I delete them and they come back with the error message at the end. I have contacted my server and they say it has to be a problem with Outlook as I am connected. Any suggestions. I am on Windows 2000 XP and have the latest versions of Exployer and Outlook updated ...

Error Posting to table POP10110. Restore from backup . . .
Client recently upgraded from GP Standard without inventory to GP BRL- Advanced Management with inventory. Consequently, existing POs in the system have no site ID assigned to them. POs have previous receipts against them (prior to upgrade). Now, when a subsequent receipt is made against the PO, they get **ERROR: Posting to table POP10110. Restore from backup if possible. I tested receiving against a new PO - no error. I tested receiving against an existing PO and entering a Site ID in the receiving transaction - error occurs. I can't update the existing POs to add the Site ID beca...

Startup error
I have Win 7 Home Premium, x64. Recently, I installed Windows Live Essential (beta). Right after that, every time I restart my computer, I get a message : WISTARTUP.EXE - Entry Point Not Found. "The procedure entry point ?RMLoadColorReg@YGKPBDPB_WKKK@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library UXCore.dll." After closing this message, launching of Windows continues and I see no other problems. What this is all about? How to correct this problem and have Windows start normally? Ilya Zeldes, Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, I have found this thread: http://www.windowsl...

Update Error number: 0x8024002E
I'm running Windows XP SP3 on a laptop that has restrictive group policies. I managed to hack the registry to enable the group policy editor and set it to allow access to Windows Update. I used this to install SP3 (it was on SP2) and Dot Net 3.5, but now I can't get get the Update web page to display. I've searched the net and tried everything I can think of and it's driving me nuts. Update log is as follows: Misc =========== Logging initialized (build: 7.4.7600.226, tz: +1000) =========== 2010-03-14 16:10:19:312 3880 4a8 Misc = Process: C:\Program Fi...

Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure error
When I reboot my computer or the computer has been on for awhile I get an error message that reads "'Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure error' 'Unknown error'" This started after I installed Norton Internet Security 2005. When I try to send email I get an error that reads "The Specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. This also started after installing Norton Internet Security 2005. I can send email fine using Outlook Express. My ISP is Earthlink through Tim...

error message with emails
Whenever I send or reply to an email an error message appears says outlook cannot find MS09.dll. It then wants to send an error report to Microsoft. I have tried completely reinstaling Office 2003, repairing it, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help please? Brian ...

Trapping Errors from an InputBox
Good evening all ... I know there as to be a way ... but I have not had any luck. I have an inputbox that works great if your selection within the indicated number ... but lots of times, you get bit by the "number lock" issue and the program haults with Run-time error '13': Type mismatch. Is there a way to "trap" this error and return to the inputbox without blowing up? Thanks in advance -- Jerry Try something like Dim MyNum as Variant, I as Boolean I = False ' Loop until number is entered While Not I = True MyNum=InputBox("Please select a num...

Event Viewer ID 9348 and Error 8004010F
We have reset our system folders on and Exchange Server 2003 (MS KB 822444) because of the errors listed below. After resetting the system folders we are still receiving the error messages and have found that in ADSI Edit there are duplicate records for the 403 and 81A records listed. The first of each is just 403 and 81A with the related information in the right-hand pane. The other two are listed as CN=403 CNF:1ba8fd50-0f60-48a8-89d0-ce36b85b9397 and CN=81A CNF:4be6223e-5a74-45ed-b8a5-cf5d17e844a3 with nothing in the right-hand pane. Can these two items be safely deleted from ADSI Edit? ...

Error when sending e-mails from CRM (Server Error in '/' Applicati
i am getting below error message whenever sending email from CRM. could anyone help me in this regard. Runtime Error: Description:An Application errro occured on the server teh current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reason). it could, however be viewed by browser running on the local server machine. Regards, Syed. Run the application from server or check the event viewer application log for actual error details. Thanks Rakesh Narayan "SyedAbdulbasith" wrote: > i am getting ...

Help with "Form DoCmd.Open and DoCmd.Close
The following two lines of code is not operating correctly. Private Sub cmdChangeVendor1_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Invoice by Market Reviewer" DoCmd.OpenForm "Selections Vendor and Reviewer", acNormal End Sub When I click on the cmdChangeVendor1 button, I expect the form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" to close and the form "Selections Vendor and Reviewer" to open. But that is not the result I get. The form "Invoice by Market Reviewer" closes but that is about it. Nothing else opens. I have two forms that behaves this way. I have ...

outlook error #33
error occurred while checking spelling.shared component is configured incorrectly.im told to run set up again. will i erased all my information from the outlook '97. this happens when i perform a spellig check. .. ...

Excel file association error?
All, Running Excel 2000, if I navigate to a file using explorer, find the Excel file I want and double click on it, Excel appears to try to open each piece of the file name, returning an error then finally opening the file. Example: I have a file named "1st quarter results.xls" Excel will try to open a file name '1st', return an error, I click OK then it attempts to open a file named 'quarter', returns an error, I click OK, then it trys to a file named 'results' ... finally it opens the correct file. I've tried this ... Open any folder and go to Tools\Fol...

Error more 255 series in the chart
I have a scatter xy chart whit xValues and Value switch via code with series.formula properties ( thank's Jon Piltier) the data is time values, the column A is Series Name , Row 1 is chart scale (Column E is a next time of a serie with same name) A B C D E ��� Column 0,1 1,9 1,9 0,1 ��� yScale Row 1 1 6:00 6:01 6:03 7:05 ��� xScale Row 2 Serie1 2 6:15 6:16 6:18 7:20 ��� Row 3 Serie 2 4 6:25 6:26 ... 7:30 Serie 3 7 6:45 ... ... ... 1 7:05 ... ... ...

Newbie: MFC App Runtime Error
Hello All, I built an MFC Application in Visual C++ 6.0. The Application executes fine within the Visual C++ IDE. But, when I copy the .exe file and the required dll's, mfc42d.dll and Msvcrt.dll, to a separate folder and try to execute the .exe file, it gives me the following error. "The ordinal 5078 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.DLL" Could you please tell me what could be going wrong? and hoiw i can fix it?. Thanks Best Regards Chandra I also wanted to add that, 1. I am kind of surprised to find that when i do not include the dll's in the folder...