displaying lookup fields

Can anyone help.
I have created two tables customers and booking. From the booking table I
have created a form for entering the booking information. For the customer
field within this form I have used lookup columns from my customer table. In
the booking form I click on the customer field and it correctly shows  list
of customers. I select the correct customer but the field only displays the
first name. Is there a way I can select the customer and the filed to display
both the first name and last name, address and postcode?

I am desparate can you help?

Firstly, I hope you are not using LookupFields in your tables.
http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

Second, all you need in your booking table is the CustomerID (PrimaryKey)
from the Customers table which is hopefully an AutoNumber.  Put this key in
the booking table as a ForeignKey (Long) and then a query that joins the two
tables can show as many of the Customer fields as you want.

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy
7/18/2007 11:22:30 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I am getting there slowly. I have done as you suggested. When I add an
existing field such as the customer ID, Access disply a look up column field
requesting further information. To clarify I am not select "Look up column"
Is this acceptable.
I have not gone to the query part yet.

So I clearly understand your reply, if I create the query when I enter the
customer ID the other fields from the customer table will be auomaticaly
entered in the the fields in the booking form. (as long as they are part of
the query)

What I would like to do from here on is create a booking form using an
existing customer. Is there a way I can create a form that allows the user to
search customer details such as name, address etc and then be taken to the
booking form with the relevant customer information already inserted?

Just to be cheeky I have one more of many questions.
Related to my customer information is the dogs they own and the information
that relates to the dog (in a separate table). How can I create a button that
takes me to a dog information form that is blank. I have attempted to do this
but there have been errors. The form opens with an existing record and
secondly I cannot edit the information in the form.

"Lloyd Harris" wrote:

> Can anyone help.
> I have created two tables customers and booking. From the booking table I
> have created a form for entering the booking information. For the customer
> field within this form I have used lookup columns from my customer table. In
> the booking form I click on the customer field and it correctly shows  list
> of customers. I select the correct customer but the field only displays the
> first name. Is there a way I can select the customer and the filed to display
> both the first name and last name, address and postcode?
>
> I am desparate can you help?

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

find all records in date field
How do I find all records for a field "Birthdate" for particular month Use a query, and in the "Criteria" box, put this (change dates to suit, and use the normal format for your location, eg 12/25/2009 instead of 25/12/2009) Between #01/01/2009# and #25/12/2009# Phil, London "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E8ECAAA-D7DA-4F65-8ED7-80C4AEE28963@microsoft.com... > How do I find all records for a field "Birthdate" for particular month SELECT * FROM YourTable WHERE Month(BirthDate) = [Enter the...

Lookups #3
In HLOOKUP, If an exact match is not found, the next largest value that is less than lookup_value is returned. I have a row of dates and I want the next smallest value that is greater than lookup_value, which is NOW(). So if today is 5/13/05 and the entries in the row are 3/1/05, 3/15/05, 4/16/05, 5/3/05, 5/20/05 and 5/22/05, I would want the value 5/20/05 returned, not the value 5/3/05 as VLOOKUPO would do. Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks in advance. Hi! Here's one way: Entered with the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER: Assume your lookup value is in cell A1 and the loo...

bound unbound fields into newrecord vb2005
hi, I'am trying to make an vb2005 application.I've a connection with a accessdatabase. on a winform i've some field which were scanned and are displayed on a winform. I compare this data with the data in the database on the same form, in a dtagridview. However , when i've receive totaly new data, i've nothing to compare , meaning i have a new client. how can i add these new data which are displayed in unbound textfields into a new record in the database ? regards, Jef ...

field based on field
I feel like I've asked this before. How do I make a field based on another field in the same query? exp1=a+b exp2=val(expr1) How do I write expr2? Kou On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:01:02 -0800, Kou Vang wrote: > I feel like I've asked this before. How do I make a field based on another > field in the same query? > > exp1=a+b > > exp2=val(expr1) > > How do I write expr2? > > Kou Your above question can have more than one result depending upon field datatype and what you mean by using the "+". Did you want to concatenate or add? Since your...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Rejecting messages that fail RDNS lookup in Exchange 2000
Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS lookup for Exchange 2000. I read in a couple of KB articles that this feature is not included within Exchange. Is there a way, maybe with a utility that someone knows of that would do this? TIA for any suggestions. sjordanmom@yahoo.com (K. Warner) wrote: >Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for >information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS >lookup for Exchange 2000. That's a bad thing to do no m...

Change lookups so that by default they don't show inactive record.
When doing any lookup in Great Plains it defaults with all master records. Would like by default only active records to show up. Hi Catherine, SmartFill from Rockton Software can do this. Thanks, Therese "Catherine McDade" wrote: > When doing any lookup in Great Plains it defaults with all master records. > Would like by default only active records to show up. ...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Creating fields like gateways, when met, unlock next step
I am researching how to create "gates" in a database so that when someone initilializes the process filling out a form, they cannot progress beyond a certain point in the process until a specified field is "electronically" signed by the "keyholder" person authorized to approve progression to the next step. The "next step" could be gaining entry into another form or subform. I've not been able to come across anything helpful yet. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance, "Aso" <Aso@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Group Discussion Fielded
Hello, Apologies in advance if I am not using the most appropriate terminalogy. I am trying to find a way to structure a group discussion on several topics all within the same emails which people update. For instance, suppose there are 3 individuals (not on the same exchange network) discussing 2 topics. If this were excel, I would have 3 rows and 5 columns e.g. Blank John Jane Joe End Conclusion Topic 1 blah 1 blah 2 blah 3 blah 7 blah 8 ABC Topic 2 blah 4 blah 5 blah 6 blah 9 ...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...