Displaying criteria from a combo box

Hello,

I have a combo box that has about 25 items listed in it.  On the form, when
i click the drop down box, I am trying to get it to display all the items
versus having to scroll down through them.  Does anybody know how to make
this happen??

Thanks
--
Steve

Steve,
    Adjust the List Rows properties of the combo to 25 (or more)
    If List Rows = 30, and you only have 25, only 25 rows show.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

> Hello,
>
> I have a combo box that has about 25 items listed in it.  On the form,
> when
> i click the drop down box, I am trying to get it to display all the items
> versus having to scroll down through them.  Does anybody know how to make
> this happen??
>
> Thanks
> --
> Steve

0
Al
2/11/2010 3:37:07 PM
You mean you want all 25 rows to show at once? Set the ListRow property to
the same value as ListCount.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

> Hello,
>
> I have a combo box that has about 25 items listed in it.  On the form,
> when
> i click the drop down box, I am trying to get it to display all the items
> versus having to scroll down through them.  Does anybody know how to make
> this happen??
>
> Thanks
> --
> Steve

0
Douglas
2/11/2010 3:41:05 PM
One of the properties of the combo box is List Rows. Set this to 25

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:15:01 -0800, Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a combo box that has about 25 items listed in it.  On the form, when
>i click the drop down box, I am trying to get it to display all the items
>versus having to scroll down through them.  Does anybody know how to make
>this happen??
>
>Thanks

You've gotten advice about the ListRows property but... a couple of ideas:

- You know that a Listbox control is always 'dropped down' and can be sized to
show all the rows all the time?
- What will you want to do when the combo needs to expand to 215 rows? Bigger
monitors and/or smaller fonts? <g>
- A Combo Box has an "autocomplete" feature: if you tab into it and type a
letter, it will jump to the first row starting with that letter; a second
letter will find the first row starting with those two letters. This can make
using the mouse or scrolling unnecessary.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Problem With Query Criteria
This is probably not very hard but I am very new to access and am trying to build an entire database. I am making a query from a table and I need to pull out records that are done in April in the Month field but I want it to leave out the records that are 13/1 and 13/2 in the Sheet No field. It will let me filter the April records taking out the 13/1 or the 13/2 but if i try to ask it to leave out both 13/1 and 13/2 it will no longer only take the records from the month of April. Any suggestions on how to learn more about expressions as well would help! -- Chels We're not the...

Dual Displays

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Folder could not be displayed

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

Stop displaying a line

Criteria and instructions in an expression
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I have this expression in my query which is used for a report. If the DOB field is blank, I would like to insert the word Need DOB. How can I do this using my query grid? PtNameRmAdmitNum: [PtLocRmNum] & " " & [BedNumber] & " " & [PtLName] & ", " & [PtFName] & " ( " & [AdmitNum] & ")" & " " & [PtDOB] Thanks, Linda PtNameRmAdmitNum: [PtLocRmNum] & " " & [BedNumber] & " " & [PtLName] & ", " &am...

Display or not display series

Comment Type Box??
Is it somehow possible to assign a description box/ comment box to an item so that when that item is entered or scanned it pops up allowing text to be entered. (A bit like ctrl+F10). Any help would be brill !! Really the only way out of the box is with CTRL+F10. A customization would certainly be able to make this happen though. If you are intested in finding out what it would take to make happen, drop me an email and we can discuss. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us ...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...