Disappearing Forms

Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice.

I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some
tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to
the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cose
and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... most
of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it
won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that
one disappears also. F5 does not do anything. The forms are not
hidden. Compact and repair does not help.

I've re-created from scratch twice now .... what a waste of a lot of
time...  HELP please.

0
SilvrT

Guess I should mention I am using Access 2003  SP3 and working with an
Access 2000 file format.

0
SilvrT
11/17/2009 7:20:16 PM
That is corruption of the database. See this link about recovering from
corruption.
http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html

"SilvrT" <rickyerex@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice.
>
> I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some
> tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to
> the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cose
> and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... most
> of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
> still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it
> won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that
> one disappears also. F5 does not do anything. The forms are not
> hidden. Compact and repair does not help.
>
> I've re-created from scratch twice now .... what a waste of a lot of
> time...  HELP please.

0
Jeanette
11/17/2009 7:58:59 PM
On Nov 17, 11:58=A0am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> That is corruption of the database. See this link about recovering from
> corruption.http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html
>
> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "SilvrT" <rickye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice.
>
> > I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some
> > tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to
> > the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cose
> > and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... most
> > of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
> > still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it
> > won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that
> > one disappears also. F5 does not do anything. The forms are not
> > hidden. Compact and repair does not help.
>
> > I've re-created from scratch twice now .... what a waste of a lot of
> > time... =A0HELP please.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks... didn't work  :-(
0
SilvrT
11/17/2009 8:38:04 PM
SilvrT wrote:
"most of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
still shows the code for them."

This really makes no sense, as written. How can the code in the form's module
be visible if the form itself is missing?

Perhaps if you explained exactly what you mean by "missing."

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
11/18/2009 12:54:50 AM
Sorry to hear that you the recovery process didn't work for you.
When this happens, go back to the most recent backup before the corruption,
you have been keeping regular backups haven't you?

"SilvrT" <rickyerex@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 17, 11:58 am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> That is corruption of the database. See this link about recovering from
> corruption.http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html
>
> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "SilvrT" <rickye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice.
>
> > I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some
> > tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to
> > the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cose
> > and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... most
> > of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
> > still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it
> > won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that
> > one disappears also. F5 does not do anything. The forms are not
> > hidden. Compact and repair does not help.
>
> > I've re-created from scratch twice now .... what a waste of a lot of
> > time... HELP please.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks... didn't work  :-(

0
Jeanette
11/18/2009 10:09:47 AM
On Nov 17, 4:54=A0pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>
wrote:
 This really makes no sense, as written. How can the code in the
form's module
 be visible if the form itself is missing?

 Perhaps if you explained exactly what you mean by "missing."

Of course it makes no sense .. that's why I am here asking for help.

"missing" means exactly that .... I had 7 different forms that I'd
imported from an older database. I made code some changes and during
that time, the code "bombed" because I made a mistake in typing. I had
to close Access and when I reopened it, only one of the 7 forms was
still there ... yet in the VBA screen, I could still see the code for
the forms ...  makes no sense... yep, you got that right!

0
SilvrT
11/18/2009 4:01:15 PM
On Nov 18, 2:09=A0am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Sorry to hear that you the recovery process didn't work for you.
> When this happens, go back to the most recent backup before the corruptio=
n,
> you have been keeping regular backups haven't you?
>
> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "SilvrT" <rickye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Nov 17, 11:58 am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
>

> <n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > That is corruption of the database. See this link about recovering from
> > corruption.http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html
>
> > Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> > "SilvrT" <rickye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice.
>
> > > I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some
> > > tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to
> > > the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cos=
> > > and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... mos=
> > > of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
> > > still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it
> > > won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that
> > > one disappears also. F5 does not do anything. The forms are not
> > > hidden. Compact and repair does not help.
>
> > > I've re-created from scratch twice now .... what a waste of a lot of
> > > time... HELP please.- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks... didn't work =A0:-(- Hide quoted text -

Regular backups???  geeeesh, I had only been making changes for 20
minutes.  It took 2 minutes to import the 7 forms and I spent 10-15
minutes making some code adjustments ... nobody I know will backup in
that short of a time span.

Anyhoo ... I have started over ... for the 3rd time .... seems to be
going ok so far.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
0
SilvrT
11/18/2009 4:04:59 PM
Lots of experienced developers will back up in that time frame.

"SilvrT" <rickyerex@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 18, 2:09 am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Sorry to hear that you the recovery process didn't work for you.
> When this happens, go back to the most recent backup before the
> corruption,
> you have been keeping regular backups haven't you?
>
> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "SilvrT" <rickye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Nov 17, 11:58 am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
>

> <n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > That is corruption of the database. See this link about recovering from
> > corruption.http://www.allenbrowne.com//recover.html
>
> > Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> > "SilvrT" <rickye...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hello and thanks for any help on this as it has now happened twice.
>
> > > I have created a new database in Access 2000. I have imported some
> > > tables and forms from an older database. I have made some changes to
> > > the forms. Things seem to work fine. Sometimes I mess up with VBA cose
> > > and it locks up. I close Access and then re-open the database.... most
> > > of the Forms I had are missing ... yet, the underlying VBA designer
> > > still shows the code for them. If I try and re-create the form, it
> > > won't allow me to use the same name. If I try to re-import it, that
> > > one disappears also. F5 does not do anything. The forms are not
> > > hidden. Compact and repair does not help.
>
> > > I've re-created from scratch twice now .... what a waste of a lot of
> > > time... HELP please.- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks... didn't work :-(- Hide quoted text -

Regular backups???  geeeesh, I had only been making changes for 20
minutes.  It took 2 minutes to import the 7 forms and I spent 10-15
minutes making some code adjustments ... nobody I know will backup in
that short of a time span.

Anyhoo ... I have started over ... for the 3rd time .... seems to be
going ok so far.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

0
Jeanette
11/18/2009 7:58:52 PM
Another thing to try is to make a backup and close Access.
Sometimes closing Access and restarting it helps.

I suggest to import only 1 form to start with.
Make your changes and make backups.

It is possible that only one of the forms you imported is causing this
problem. If you do it one form at a time, you may be able to pick which form
is giving the problems.

Also check that you have the correct references set to suit all references
needed by the imported forms as well any public functions or subs needed by
the imported forms .

On Nov 17, 4:54 pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>
wrote:
 This really makes no sense, as written. How can the code in the
form's module
 be visible if the form itself is missing?

 Perhaps if you explained exactly what you mean by "missing."

Of course it makes no sense .. that's why I am here asking for help.

"missing" means exactly that .... I had 7 different forms that I'd
imported from an older database. I made code some changes and during
that time, the code "bombed" because I made a mistake in typing. I had
to close Access and when I reopened it, only one of the 7 forms was
still there ... yet in the VBA screen, I could still see the code for
the forms ...  makes no sense... yep, you got that right!

0
Jeanette
11/18/2009 8:02:38 PM
On Nov 18, 11:58=A0am, "Jeanette Cunningham"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Lots of experienced developers will back up in that time frame.
>
> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia

That may well be true; however, as a professional "experienced
developer" in MS Access & VBA for some 15 years now, I rarely backup
my work that often, if ever... Backing up the entire database in 20
minute intervals  ???  sorry ... I find that a hard one to
believe ...  This thing I reported I have never seen before. Certainly
appears to be a BUG in Access 2003.

Thanks again... seems there is no CLEAR explanation for this as
everyone is offering "try this... or try that...".. most of which I've
done.
0
SilvrT
11/18/2009 9:16:16 PM
On Nov 18, 12:02=A0pm, "Jeanette Cunningham"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Another thing to try is to make a backup and close Access.
> Sometimes closing Access and restarting it helps.
>
> I suggest to import only 1 form to start with.
> Make your changes and make backups.
>
> It is possible that only one of the forms you imported is causing this
> problem. If you do it one form at a time, you may be able to pick which f=
orm
> is giving the problems.
>
> Also check that you have the correct references set to suit all reference=
> needed by the imported forms as well any public functions or subs needed =
by
> the imported forms .
>
> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia

Thanks, however some forms are dependant on others being there in
order for the changes to be tested. For the most part, this is what I
have been doing ... I will import only those forms that are directly
"connected" ... make my vb code change and test. I don't think any one
form caused this problem ... it was a code statement that was mis-
typed and it caused Access to lock up.

In any event, I am well beyond that now... I've re-done the process
(for the 3rd time), done the changes, done the testing, and I'm onto
the next series of forms.

Oh yes... I know all about references... thanks.

thx.
0
SilvrT
11/18/2009 9:21:10 PM
I asked for clarification on the 'missing" thing because posters will often
use this term to describe a form when no controls show up, as when there is
no data in the underlying recordsource abd the form is read-only.

When you're in one of these code modules, what happens if you click on the
Access 'red key?' Does it take you to Design View for the form?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
11/18/2009 10:33:12 PM
After the locked up, what did you do? Did you go into Task Manager to end the
msaccess.exe?

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal
11/19/2009 5:46:48 AM
On Nov 18, 2:33=A0pm, "Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe>
wrote:

> When you're in one of these code modules, what happens if you click on th=
> Access 'red key?' Does it take you to Design View for the form?

If you are referring to the very left button on the Toolbar that takes
you to "View Microsoft Office Access" ... no, it does not take me to
design view of the form ... just to the Database Window. Unfortuantely
I can't test this on the file that was missing the forms as I've
started over and deleted the one that was "messed up".

0
SilvrT
11/19/2009 9:28:50 PM
SilvrT,

If you encounter this again, let me know.

I have just recoverd my damaged DB from what you had discriped where the
Forms goes missing but the code is still in the project explorer in the VBA
editor. But of course, you need a back up of the last original. I had a
backup of the original condition. Even without the original form, creating a
new form without the controls, I believed, you still can recover your DB.

But I believed it's not worth the effort if there are very very little coding
or work, unless you had spend a lot of hours design you DB.

SilvrT wrote:
>If you are referring to the very left button on the Toolbar that takes
>you to "View Microsoft Office Access" ... no, it does not take me to
>design view of the form ... just to the Database Window. Unfortuantely
>I can't test this on the file that was missing the forms as I've
>started over and deleted the one that was "messed up".

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal
11/20/2009 1:12:34 AM
On Nov 19, 5:12=A0pm, "AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe>
wrote:

> But I believed it's not worth the effort if there are very very little co=
ding
> or work, unless you had spend a lot of hours design you DB.

Correct... not worth the effort...for this situation -BUT- what's a
guy to do if it happens further on...after I've imported 50 forms??  I
guess to safeguard I should backup after each form design change ...
kinda ridiculous IMHO.  It would sure be nice to know why this happens
and what a specific fix is. Gotta be a bug in 2003 as I've developed
in all versions of Access from 2.0 on up to 2003 and never seen this
before. Sure, I've had crashes and had to fix a corrupted file but
never have any objects completely disappeared from the database
window, yet leave the code section behind.

Gotta love these "challenges" eh?  LOL

0
SilvrT
11/20/2009 8:49:30 PM
I failed to mention I was using A2000. This even could happen in A2007 or
A2010.

The problems might come from Internet security, anti-virus software that
might interfere Access or the problems might be hardware like RAM, Harddisk
corruption.

I my case, none of the above (not yet). Access sometimes appears to freeze
for more than 1 minute which I accidentally use the Task Manager to shutdown
Access. As I was in a hurry, I forgot about leaving it alone and take a break.
On reopenning the DB, I had two forms missing except the codes.

I did all you had posted, none work including decompiling the DB. I had this
problem for more than three weeks. I had to think out of the box.

SilvrT wrote:
>Correct... not worth the effort...for this situation -BUT- what's a
>guy to do if it happens further on...after I've imported 50 forms??  I
>guess to safeguard I should backup after each form design change ...
>kinda ridiculous IMHO.  It would sure be nice to know why this happens
>and what a specific fix is. Gotta be a bug in 2003 as I've developed
>in all versions of Access from 2.0 on up to 2003 and never seen this
>before. Sure, I've had crashes and had to fix a corrupted file but
>never have any objects completely disappeared from the database
>window, yet leave the code section behind.
>
>Gotta love these "challenges" eh?  LOL

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal
11/23/2009 1:37:21 AM
On Nov 22, 5:37=A0pm, "AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe>
wrote:
> I failed to mention I was using A2000. This even could happen in A2007 or
> A2010.
>
> The problems might come from Internet security, anti-virus software that
> might interfere Access or the problems might be hardware like RAM, Harddi=
sk
> corruption.
>
> I my case, none of the above (not yet). Access sometimes appears to freez=
> for more than 1 minute which I accidentally use the Task Manager to shutd=
own
> Access. As I was in a hurry, I forgot about leaving it alone and take a b=
reak.
> On reopenning the DB, I had two forms missing except the codes.
>
> I did all you had posted, none work including decompiling the DB. I had t=
his
> problem for more than three weeks. I had to think out of the box.
>
> SilvrT wrote:
> >Correct... not worth the effort...for this situation -BUT- what's a
> >guy to do if it happens further on...after I've imported 50 forms?? =A0I
> >guess to safeguard I should backup after each form design change ...
> >kinda ridiculous IMHO. =A0It would sure be nice to know why this happens
> >and what a specific fix is. Gotta be a bug in 2003 as I've developed
> >in all versions of Access from 2.0 on up to 2003 and never seen this
> >before. Sure, I've had crashes and had to fix a corrupted file but
> >never have any objects completely disappeared from the database
> >window, yet leave the code section behind.
>
> >Gotta love these "challenges" eh? =A0LOL
>
> --
> Please Rate the posting if helps you.

Interesting ... sometimes I get the same symptoms. Another one is when
I'm in a code window that has a lot of code and I use the mouse wheel
to scroll .... the screen just "takes off" on me... scrolls to the
bottom all by itself and just "freezes" ... I have to wait maybe 1-2
minutes before I can control it again... can't even type in it, yet I
can jump to another program and work normally. Other times, when I'm
editing the code, and I click the Save button, it takes 1-2 minutes to
save the changes....yet other times it's instantaneous. Too weird!
0
SilvrT
11/23/2009 11:26:44 PM
That's odd, as far as I can remember the code window does not work with the
mouse scrolling not in 2000 or 2003 but in 2007.

I have check it in 2003, the mouse scrolling does not work. Maybe you have an
hidden application running behind somewhere or you might be unaware of the
mouse reconfiguration tool installed somewhere. The mouse scroll wheel can
act as a third mouse button or a middle button in most brands/types. Or you
might accidentally made the clicking speed too fast or too slow? Or you might
had something like from Stephen Lebans mouse scrolling utility?

If I were you, I'll start check what's wrong.

I have known some people have problems using mouse where the default speed
was not suitable for them. One double click opens multiple same application!
Even the mouse speed cause problem for them!

SilvrT wrote:
>Interesting ... sometimes I get the same symptoms. Another one is when
>I'm in a code window that has a lot of code and I use the mouse wheel
>to scroll .... the screen just "takes off" on me... scrolls to the
>bottom all by itself and just "freezes" ... I have to wait maybe 1-2
>minutes before I can control it again... can't even type in it, yet I
>can jump to another program and work normally. Other times, when I'm
>editing the code, and I click the Save button, it takes 1-2 minutes to
>save the changes....yet other times it's instantaneous. Too weird!

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal
11/24/2009 2:46:33 AM
On Nov 23, 6:46=A0pm, "AccessVandal via AccessMonster.com" <u18947@uwe>
wrote:
> That's odd, as far as I can remember the code window does not work with t=
he
> mouse scrolling not in 2000 or 2003 but in 2007.
>
> I have check it in 2003, the mouse scrolling does not work. Maybe you hav=
e an
> hidden application running behind somewhere or you might be unaware of th=
> mouse reconfiguration tool installed somewhere. The mouse scroll wheel ca=
> act as a third mouse button or a middle button in most brands/types. Or y=
ou
> might accidentally made the clicking speed too fast or too slow? Or you m=
ight
> had something like from Stephen Lebans mouse scrolling utility?
>
> If I were you, I'll start check what's wrong.
>
> I have known some people have problems using mouse where the default spee=
> was not suitable for them. One double click opens multiple same applicati=
on!
> Even the mouse speed cause problem for them!

I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse on one PC and a standard Dell
corded, rollerball (not optical) mouse on another PC ... they both
scroll the VBA code window using the wheel. It does not work in Access
97. What can I say... I have no "special" mouse software installed.
Maybe you should check what's wrong with yours  LOL

0
SilvrT
11/24/2009 7:41:48 PM
LOL, no thanks SilvrT. Don't wanna end up just like you. Hope it stays that
way, in fact I prefered it that way. If it's not broken don't fit it.

I'm aware that it was mouse driver issues as well. There's no quarantee that
the solution will work from MS or will not cause problems.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837910
This one is VB6 but should work in Access as well.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101175901033.aspx
This one is a Add-in.

Than again, the mouse drivers may interfere Access. You might want to
reconsider disabling it :) lol.

SilvrT wrote:
>I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse on one PC and a standard Dell
>corded, rollerball (not optical) mouse on another PC ... they both
>scroll the VBA code window using the wheel. It does not work in Access
>97. What can I say... I have no "special" mouse software installed.
>Maybe you should check what's wrong with yours  LOL

--
Please Rate the posting if helps you.

AccessVandal

Signature logo disappears on reply
I'm finding that with multiple versions of Outlook, a logo used in the signature disappears when included on a reply/forward. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks ...

Scroll Bar on Forms
I am using tab controls to move through my forms. When the form opens, the right scroll bar is not at the top, but a little ways down. This prevents the tabs from being seen, without moving the scroll bar to the top. I am using a Form Header and a detail section. How can I make sure the scroll bar on the right, stays at the top upon opening the form. Thanks In your form's Load event, SetFocus to a control that can receive the focus and will result in your form being scrolled to the proper location, -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please re...

Folders Are Disappearing !
I have several (Outlook 2007) folders and various rules directing certain emails to certain folders. But some of those folders magically disappear and my rules become useless because everything goes into one folder (inbox). Anyone know why this happens, and what to do about it ? The rules would not work if the folders are not there to move the files (emails) into them, so that part is understable. We just need to address why the folders are disappearing and how to prevent it. I need some clarification on where these folders are located. Are they sub-folders of Personal Folder. I hav...

Contacts Disappearing.
Everytime one of our employees enter a new contact or update a current contact. Some of them disappears or the update does not take place. Thanks I'd first copy them all to a pst so you don't lose anymore. Import them into a test mailbox and see if it has the same issue. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "...

Disappearing Menu Items
I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list. Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express directly. Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

updater in system tray disappears
Windows XP SP3, IE7 When the icon for windows tray appears telling me I have updates, I click on it, chose custom, and chose the updates I wish to install. It starts downloading the updates, and the icon disappears, but never comes back to let me install the updates. -- Even if I reboot. So if I go into IE and choose Windows Update tool, I select the updates I want. After these have downloaded again, all of a sudden the icon appears again in the system tray, like, oh -- I forgot -- you can install these updates now. At this time I usually just let IE7 install the updat...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...

CRMbar in Outlook disappears
Hello, On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked, and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Because more and more people are having this problem. Regards, Dirk ...

Disappearing M driive
I'm running Windows Server 2000 with exchange 5.5 and caome in today and my m drive is no longer showing up. Tried rebooting and still, no m drive. Have cleaned up the rest of the hard drive and have 2 gb of free space. Am I looking at a reload??? Exchange 5.5 doesn't have IFS capabilities so there is no M:\ drive. Sounds like you may have Citrix installed? If this is actually E2K, then check to make sure that the Information store service is started and/or the databases are mounted. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Outlook Security Form question
Hi there, The company who hired me was having issues with the Object Model Guard in combination with a document archiving system. I solved it by adding the com addins to the trusted code tab on a Outlook security form. The only thing I find strange is that the form does not show up in the Public folder view when viewed from a computer that does not have the ocx and dll registrered, required to manage the form. It is however processed by outlook on those clients. Is this normal behaviour???? I never noticed it in the past, because I have these files registred on my boxes. Regards, Mark ...

Recalculate button in oppty form
Hi does anyone know how I can see what CRM does (witch code?) when the button "Recalculate" is pressed Where are the files in wwwroot Thank's ...

Why does my form create duplicate records?
I have a form that is based on a query. When I edit a record a new duplicate record is created. Why is this happening? The query is set to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates) TIA Tony Hi Tony, I'm not an expert so my answer may not be as complete or succinct as it might otherwise be. This happens to me when I have a table in a query where there is more than one record linked to the main table. e.g. if there are two addresses for one customer and I use the address table in a query with the invoice table I might get two invocie records instead of one. The way I get around it is by makin...

Contacts Keep Disappearing
For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail. I open it back up and the contacts are gone. It was working fine when I first started using it a week ago. Each time I have to import them in from Outlook Express. What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ? If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import) Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM. If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem ...

Form On Load Code
Hello, I am trying to create an event where the code will look for no results after a query. If there are not results I want a prompt to ask the user to add Yes/No message box. Once they select either yes or no then I want the forms to open. I hope someone can help. Private Sub Form_Load() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset 'Specifies to User if no record found then add Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then Dim Response As Integer Response = MsgBox("Agreement Not Found. Please make sure it was typed in Correctly. You may need to add the Record. Do you want to Add?"...

How to Remove a Logo on the Form
We are running Excel 2000. We have a logo on the upper left on the Excel form. How do we remove this logo? The Department Name has been changed. Thanks. How do I go to VBE? Thanks. "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:e4pTR2UVDHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > It should b e a picture, so if you go into the form in the VBE you should be > able to delete it. > > -- > HTH > > ------- > > Bob Phillips > ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks > > > "J. Johnson" <j...

How to make form to accept new data but no change for old data?
Im using a datasheet view to look at two tables. I dont know how to make it so that I can only add data into both of these datasheets but not be able to change previous data. How can I do this in a datasheet view and a form view. I asume its a property somewhere? I can get it so I cant add or change anything but not the combination I mentioned above. (Access 2002) Thanks. steve, As you probably know, you shouldn't be updating any data directly through the tables. Always build a form to do that. And... that form's Data Entry property, when set to YES, will onl...

News disappears
I added News to the "GO" button in Outlook 2003 and logged into the news service. The next time I used Outlook, News was not on the "GO" button and it had also disappeared from the list of add-ons. Where did it go? Can I get it back? Thanks, Turner To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You ma...

Why Do 2 Rows Disappear from my DataGridView?
I'm going around circles with this one. In the following code, > clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking the No button. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? In addition, if anyone knows of a good working sample of code where you can delete all of...

Macro disappears
I have two online students who say that they're able to record a macro (to insert a table) and add a button to the Quick Access bar. They say the macro works OK while they're creating it, and that their security settings are set to enable macros, but that when they open a different document or (one of them says) when pressing the button on the Quick Access bar, they get a message saying that the macro can't be found or has been disable due to security settings. The one who can't use the button on the Quick Access bar is able to use his keyboard shortcut keys at th...

Link Two Tables with AutoNumber fields to One Form
Hi, I'm really stumped on this one: Right now I have a form that is linked to my Registration table. I want it to also be linked to my ID table, because I want to be able to update both tables using one form. I heard of creating a sub-form. Would this solve the trick? Right now, when I create a new record in the form, the AutoID of the Registration table increases sequentially. I want to be able to also have the ID table increase its AutoID and create a new record in that table too. That way I can use that new ID table value to create a value that will eventually be stored in...

textbox scrollbar disappears
Hi i have a textbox in my sheet. i use the multiline option and the scrollbars option for that textbox. when i enter text to the textbox, everything is fine (i can see the scrollbar) but if i close the sheet and open it again, the scrollbar for that textbox disappears (so i can't tell that there are more lines in that textbox than what i can see...) only when i click in the textbox - the scrollbar reappears... did anyone see that ? is there a way to show the scrollbar when opening the file ? thanks, Yaniv You have one commiserating post in .excel. Yaniv wrote: > > Hi > ...

forms 03-01-08
Hi, I created a form using the wizard based on a query, everything looks ok but i cannot enter data into the form because it is locked? what have i done wrong, i been trying to solve this for 2 hours now - please can you HELP!!! Since you created the form via the wizard (and, I assume, you have not subsequently changed any form properties), the most likely cause is that the underlying query itself is non-updateable. You can check this quickly by opening the query and seeing if there is a blank new record at the bottom. There are many reasons why a query may be non-updateable; see her...

Disappearing Databases?
Has anyone ever seen the datafiles for a database just disappear? I saw this on my development box the other day and just thought I messed something up. Now, I see it again on another box. In MSS Mgmt Studio I see the icon for the database in question, but it will not expand. I goto to look for the data and log files and they are gone. I do know that this server ran out of space the other day, but that should just prevent the log from growing. Besides, while the database is active I wouldn't be able to delete the files for it. I would need to detach the database fi...

Disappearing Account Addresses
Hi Everyone! I hope some one can help me make sense of Accounts - Addresses! I created an Address for an accounts, then click save and close. Everything appears to save fine, but once the form is saved, the record is not listed in the Accounts - Address list. I can find the Address using Advanced Find. If anyone can provide me with any insight, it would be greatly appreciated! Regards, A.Akin how did you create the address? Did you use the way - open account form / click addresses / click new / and edit the new address? "awakin" wrote: > Hi Everyone! > > I hope so...

disappear
Hi, The problem is when I close out a sheet and then reopen it, there is nothing on the screen (Excel window is open, but nothing there). However, I can see it on print view. Please tell me how can I get it back. Thank you Loi One thought -- Is cell A1 showing in the left top corner? Maybe the document was saved at a point where there's no text. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >The problem is when I close out a sheet and then reopen >it, there is nothing on the screen (Excel window is open, >but nothing there). However, I can see it on print view. > &g...