Differentiate row based on date grouping

I created a form with data sorting by date field.  Some date may have more
than 1 row.  Samples are as follows :-

Date                  Event
7/22/2007           AAAA
8/22/2007           AAAA
8/22/2007           BBBB
9/22/2007           CCCC

Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007,
8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ?  Thanks in advance for your
help.

0
rbtnn

problem in number grouping
hi did anyone try to change the settings of the number grouping? (from xx.xxx.00 to xx.xxx,00) we tried that and got the following problem new product in a quote: ( product A --> decimal supported: 2) after typing in the quantity of product A f.e. 75,25 it switched to 75.025,00 ! But it calculated with 75,25! after refreshing the calculation based on 75.025,00! our regional setttings are english (united states) and we use the win server 2k03. i tried to fix it bye changing the number grouping settings in the regional settings, but it didn't work. Using the english(usa) regional settin...

credit card payments due date changed
When I submit payments to credit card companys with the due date of the 18th of the month. Money changes it to the 12th of the month. So its deducting from my checkbook 6 days early. My bank BOA tells me it is schedule for the 18th but for some reason its deducted 6 days earlier. Is anyone having this issue! This just started in Novemeber. I forgot to mention I use Money 2007. "Leatherneck" <p_koser@msn.com> wrote in message news:uRwpDewUJHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I submit payments to credit card companys with the due date of the > 18th of the mo...

How do I get averages based on specific fields.
Given data such as below, Is there and easy way to find and display in a single cell: what is the average time (Hours:mins) for all tickets of Complete status. and what is the average Hours:mins for all tickets of status=picked AND of the type FWSnap, ? Thanks, Crzzy1 ticket Date Time Status TYPE Hours:mins 44738 11/2/2008 4:45 Opened FWRules 0:00 44738 11/2/2008 6:41 Picked FWRules 1:56 44738 11/2/2008 7:14 Approved FWRules 2:29 44738 11/3/2008 0:46 Com...

Merging Multiple Rows into One Row
I currently have a project of about 11,000 rows that essentially should be about 3,300 rows. the data is looks something like this: Company Mon Tues Wed ABC 24 ABC 32 ABC 16 I would like it to look like this: Company Mon Tues Wed ABC 24 32 16 Is there an easy way to merge the unneeded cells and make it one row instead of three for the same company? Thanks micahjday@gmail.com wrote: > I currently have a project of about 11,000 rows that essentially > should be ab...

PROBLEM
I'm trying to get a report to load that is based on a criteria which is set according to the value of a listbox on a form. (all in 2007) When I open the report (by clicking on button) Access asks for the parmeter [which is the listbox.value] The report will run fine if I enter the correct value but I don't want it to ask. this is the format of the criteria in the query: [Forms]![frmMain]![lstPRRListing] The listbox does have a value when the report is opened and the form is never closed. Any thoughts on why the query can not see the listbox? Is the list...

Date axes in Excel 2003 and 2007
In Excel 2003 it was possible to specify the range of a date axis simply by entering the minmum and maximum as dates (e.g. "1 jan 2008"). In 2007 the "format axis"-> "axis options" dialog simply ignores minimum and maximum values entered as date. You have to convert the date to a number manually (i.e. 39448) before specifying minimum and maximum values. Is there any other way to do it in 2007 ? And why was the very handy 2003 behaviour removed in 2007 ? Morten You'll have noticed other shortcomings in Excel 2007's charting functionality and u...

Displaying entire row
Hi, I would like to display an entire row based on a category selection. I´ve been trying to do this using PivotTables with no success. For example: East | Carl | 402-4567 | Home West | Kevin | 535-3677 | Work East | Karin | 455-7454 | Cell If the user selects "East" I would like the output to be: Carl | 402-4567 | Home Karin | 455-7454 | Cell How can I do this? Thanks! Chris Have you tried an autofilter Data -> Filter -> AutoFilter -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Chris" wrote: > Hi, I would like to display an entire row based...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

list box row source
Access 2003 On my form called f018ContrPerfEmissGua (PK GuaID SK ProjectID) I have a list box called UnitType. I need help with the row source If UnitNo=0, listbox shows all UnitType where ProjectID = mef018ContrPerfEmissGua.ProjectID else listbox shows UnitType where UnitID = mef018ContrPerfEmissGua.UnitD How can I make this work for rowsource in a listbox or combobox? Thanks, -- deb Could you make the rowsource a query with an IIF statement to select that for you? -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "deb" wrote: > Access 2003...

Calendar template and changing dates
Office 2003 I am trying to create a yearly calendar but not January to December. I need one that starts with July and ends June of the following year. I was able to do this in Office 2000 but when I go to change the months they are greyed out. You are trying the change the Design Gallery Object calendar. File, new, Expand Publications for print, select a calendar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Eileen" <Eileen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DD54368-AAE9-422B-AF7D-90DB75785C89...

OWA date format
I want to change the date format in OWA. But i can't find the dd/MM/yy (eg. 06/12/03) format in the drop down list. Anyways to do it??? The list it in dd-mmm-yy format. dd/mm/yy can be misleading, it can be taken as the wrong date, your example is perfect. When I first read it, I saw 06/12/03 as June 12th, 2003 instead of December 6th, 2003 If the recipient doesn't know you are using the dd/mm/yy format they will get the date wrong as well on several occations. Todd "William C." <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oo3aelhlEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.g...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

Format Date Filter Problem
I formatted a date from 4/20/2010 to April-10 I still have a hard time filtering my data. Eventhough it says April-10 it is still reading the day because the original date had the day in it. So it is filtering the days seperatly. If I have two dates: 4/19/2010 in row 1 and 4/20/2010 in row 2, I want to change their format to MM-YY so I would only count 1 but it is currently counting the two dates seperatly in my pivot table. Please help me.... On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 06:17:01 -0700, Stross002 <Stross002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I formatted a date from 4/...

Differential backups...
Hi, I'm performing Full weekly backups, and daily Differential backups. If I need to restore a single file that has been changed, since the last Differential backup, do I only need the Differential backup? I keep reading that you need the last FULL & Differential backups to restore files, however, I believe this may only apply when I need a COMPLETE restore or all files. I just want to pull a file off a Diff backup that has changed from a day or so ago, so I only need that Diff backup to restore this file, correct? Thanks, MP Correct. "Mrpush...

Date attribute problem
Dear support; I have customized entities which have some date attributes, the problem is when I create any record the date with CRM interface is correct, but it is saved one day late at the database, ex. If I choose date 16/05/2007 it is saved as 15/05/2007 at the database "for the customized entity systemExtensionBase table", but the interface is displaying it correctly. And vice versa for created on and modified on which are stored in systemBase table, these are correct for both sides "data base and CRM interface". I don't know why this is happening but this is...

Pivot row background color
Hi, I have a pivot table with row labels as client names. I want to set the back ground color of that column to light green. how do i do that? autoformat does not have that format.. -Jaya Jaya, If I understand your question correctly, you can definitely make the row labels light green. Just double- check that you have enabled the selection option. Right-click in the pivot table then click Select. Is Enable Selection is not enabled, you need to click on that option. After you've verified that, you should be able to highlight all the row labels by "hovering" your ...

Downloaded statement changed all the dates!
I went to my bank and told it to download transactions to Money. I am using Money 2006. When I tried to copy the balances into my checkbook, I discovered that the dates were all messed up. Money changed to dates from the date the check was entered to the date the check cleared. I had a bunch of transactions and just spent an hour changing all the dates back. Is there any way to download transactions from the bank and not change the original dates on the checks. This new "feature" is really inconvenient. I just upgraded from Money 2000. You can change that feature un...

cell data changing when a value within a group is changed
Hi, I have a sheet where there are several scores within one row.each column represents a different persons score. These scores are ever-changing. Above this row, I enter 1st,2nd,3rd,4th depending on what place the score is in. what i currently do, is when i change one score, I have to change the 1st, 2nd field for each column. this becomes a pain. What I would ideally like is when I change one score, it checks against the other scores and then assigns what position it is in. Then in turn, it changes the position for the other scores, so that no one score has the same position i.e ea...

How to find a result in an array in the same row as a minimum resu
I have temperature data for many years and am trying to find the minimum temperature for a given day. I can find the min temperature on a given day with this: {=MIN(IF(TEXT($A$7:$A$2001,"mmm,d")=X127,$D$7:$D$2001))} where X127 has the day of the month I'm searching for and the low temperatures are in column "D". But now I want the day it occurred which is in column "A" of the same row as the min temp. How do I get that? I thought this would work; {=ADDRESS(ROWS(D7:D2001=Z127),1)} but that gives me an erroneous address. Another question: If ...

Increment dates
Hi there, I'm sure this is simple, but I haven't found a simple solutions. I'm creating a new timesheet for my company and I want it to populate automatically. I have a field where the payroll manager can enter the period start date. From that, I want to fill in all of the dates for the payroll. What I'm looking for is an easy way to lookup the date value in the period start date field and then increment the dates in the body of the worksheet. What I have so far is something like this. For the first day of the payperiod: =I$6 For the 2nd day of the payperiod: = I$6 + 1...

Active cell jumps when conditions are met on a single row but I need an expanded macro that will do the same on multiple rows
I have a spreadsheet layout that requires the active cell to jump locations after the required information is entered. Also, the values of the cells will frequently change as needed, so a solution must allow for changes in entries. A sample of my macro for a single row follows. The worksheet is Sheet1. If Range("A1").Value > 0 And Range ("B1").Value = "" Then With Me Application.GoTo Range("B1"), Scroll:=False End With End If This works fine for a single row, however, if I have 500 rows, I need a m...

insert a row in a protected sheet
hello out there, does anyone know in excel. how do insert a row in a protected sheet without unprotecting the sheet. i have a document where i do not want the formula to be touched in no way form or fashion but i would like my users to constantly add or delete information as they occur and the only way to do this is by inserting or deleting a row to enter information. thanking you all in advance for your continued help. thank you, rennoyinc ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** Which versio...

Change default domain in Forms Based Authentication
Hello all, I've set up my Exchange 2003 server in production and have enabled Forms Based Authentication for Outlook Web Access. I have one front end server and two back end servers. Since any user in Exchange 2000 could just type in their alias to access their mailbox I *need* to maintain this functionality. However, it seems that with FBA you cannot specify a default domain in Exchange System Manager. The settings are all grayed out. I can, however, set a default domain in IIS. This works until Exchange decided to reset those settings. How can I change the default domia...

I cannot highlight a whole row or column
Inadvertantly, I pushed the wrong button and am now uanable to highlight rows and columns to delete , insert or even clear them. This condition applies to eleven spreadsheets in the same folder. I don't know where to find a remedy for this situation. Please, can someone help me? Windows XP Home Edition On Dec 15, 8:16=A0pm, fixer <fi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Inadvertantly, I pushed the wrong button and am now uanable to highlight = rows > and columns =A0to delete , insert or even clear them. =A0This condition a= pplies > to eleven spread...

I am having toruble grouping all elements of my Visio drawing for into one single group
Experts, I am having trouble grouping all elements of my Visio drawing for into one single group. I need to do this so I can copy and paste the drawing into MS Word. Currently when I copy and paste not all the elements carry through into the MS Word doc. -- Spin What kind of trouble do you have? Is it that you can't group all elements at all? Is it that you can group all elements but only a part of that group appears in Word (e.g. the lower left corner of the Visio drawing)? Or do you successfully group all elements but pasted into Word the complete drawing lacks a few elements?...