Defaulting fields

I have a complex circle of information.
Here is what I need:

Create new record table1 from form "initial"
Create new record table2 from form "progress" with fields 1,2,3
defaulted from last "initial" record
Create new record table3 from form "plan" with same fields defaulted
from last record from "progress"
Create new record "progress" defaulted fields from "plan"
Create new record "progress" defaulted fields from latest fields from
either "progress" or "plan"

Basically I need fields 1,2,3 to default the latest entry into 3
different forms when they are created and using the most current/
updated entry.

I am making this happen with subforms, but my problem is I change the
original context.

So I need the first "initial" to stay original even if another is
made. first, second, third ect "progress" all stay original when
another is created and so forth.

its a bit confusing any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
0
coffeecraze

Access is a relational database.  It all starts with the data.

I don't understand your data structure or relationships well-enough to offer
suggestions.

Please provide more information about them...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"coffeecraze" <ohrasberries@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a complex circle of information.
> Here is what I need:
>
> Create new record table1 from form "initial"
> Create new record table2 from form "progress" with fields 1,2,3
> defaulted from last "initial" record
> Create new record table3 from form "plan" with same fields defaulted
> from last record from "progress"
> Create new record "progress" defaulted fields from "plan"
> Create new record "progress" defaulted fields from latest fields from
> either "progress" or "plan"
>
> Basically I need fields 1,2,3 to default the latest entry into 3
> different forms when they are created and using the most current/
> updated entry.
>
> I am making this happen with subforms, but my problem is I change the
> original context.
>
> So I need the first "initial" to stay original even if another is
> made. first, second, third ect "progress" all stay original when
> another is created and so forth.
>
> its a bit confusing any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

0
Jeff

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

state field Bank Management
The 'state' field is not currently available for Bank Management when modifying a cheque layout in report writer. Need to be able to pick this field up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsG...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

"RecallType" field coding in transaction table
Hi All, Does anyone know the acceptable values, and their meaning, for the the "RecallType" field int the "transaction" table? So far I've figured out the following: 0 Nothing recalled 1 Return against a prior transaction 3 Void of a prior transaction 4 Process a work order recallNone = 0 RecallTransactionForReturn = 1 recallTransactionForRepost = 2 recallTransactionForVoid = 3 recallOrder = 4 recallTransactionOnHold = 5 "PGC_Developer" wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know the acceptable values, a...

Current date field name
Hi! We would like to create a field so our Project Managers can easily see what was supposed to start prior to today. I can't figure out what the "name" for today's date would be. Is this close to being right? IIf([% Complete]=100,"Complete",IIf([start]<today,"Late", "Not Late")) Thanks for your help! Stacey Hi Stacey, the name of today's date is 'now()'. Hope that helps! Regards Barbara Am 10.03.2010 17:46, schrieb Stacey: > Hi! > > We would like to create a field so our Project Managers...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

Truncate field starting with location of specific characters
Hi, I need to truncate a field once a couple of special characters are found. For example, if the field stores people's names and if I find two consecutive dashes anywhere in the field (searching from left to right), I want to clear the contents of the field starting with the two dashes. Anything preceding the two dashes in the field will need to be preserved. Thanks! In VBA, it would be something like: Dim lngDashes As Long lngDashes = InStr(Me.Textbox1, "--") If lngDashes > 0 Then Me.Textbox1 = Left(Me.Textbox1, lngDashes - 1) End If In a query, it w...

how to change the default position of a comment box
If a cell with a comment assigned to it is towards the edge of the (RH) side of the window, the comment box will only be partially visible. Can the default position of these boxes be changed to f.i. LH side of the cell? I know that during editing the text box position can be changed but that is not reflected permanently afterwards. I don't think you can change the default position of the comment. But you could use a macro to reposition them each time the workbook opens. Debra Dalgleish has some code that may help you get started at: http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset Yo...

default zoom
Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would prefer it to be 75% by default. Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hj" <hj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B474FAD1-BAC2-4518-BAF3-4049A635ADE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would > prefer it to be 75% by default. > > Thanks, Mary. I think the download probably won't work for...

Hyperlink opens in internet explorer and not default
I am running Windows 7 and Office 2003. In one of my Access data bases, I have hyperlinks that point to jpg files. The default is set to open jpg files in Windows Photo Viewer. The hyperlink opens them in Internet Explorer instead. I can't figure out why and would like to know how to fix it to open to the default. -- NoviceDave The Hyperlink protocol defaults to opening in IE. I would change the hyperlink to a text field and remove all references to the protocol. Then use ShellExecute to open the file in the default program.: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018....

how do I get the FROM field to not show
I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. when she starts a new email she has: From: To: CC: Subject: How do I get rid of the "From:" field? She has no idea how she turned it on and I can't see how to turn it off.... Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin" <me@mydomain.com> wrote in message news:elzCUTEpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. > when she starts a new email she has: > From: > To: > CC: > Subject: > > How do I get rid of the "From:" field? If...

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

MS Access link to DB2 shows #delete in all fields of some tables
I am linking to DB2 database using ODBC. When I open some of the tables there are rows and columns but all of the field contents show #delete. When I open other tables the rows and columns display valid data. I have another database that is the equivalent to this one only it is Oracle. Those tables all show data correctly. Any suggestions. Diane P wrote: > I am linking to DB2 database using ODBC. When I open some of the > tables there are rows and columns but all of the field contents show > #delete. When I open other tables the rows and columns display valid > data....