Default Value on Form Help

I have a query that calculates the total of a field in my table - Field Name
in my Table is Total Value which calculates the total for a series of records
that has the same invoice number.  Field in in my query is Aggregate Value.
I now have a form where I bring in the Aggregate Value.  I need to create
another Text box Value Verified where I bring in the Aggregate Value as a
default, but I may have to change it if the Value has changed - but the
Aggregate Value has to remain the same.

I tried using default value on the form for the Value Verified Text control
that brings in the Aggregate Value but it does not work -

does anyone have a suggestion?
--
Regards - MD

Mariela,
    As a general rule, don't save the value of a calculation in a table.
    Re-Calculate the value "on the fly" whenever it is needed in any
subsequent form,
query, or report.
    For example:   Price * Qty = LineTotal
    Line Total would not be saved in a table, only Price and Qty.  Wherever
Line Total is needed, just recalculate Price * Qty... to get it

    The same would hold true for a value derived from adding the value on
several records...

>>but I may have to change it if the Value has changed
    That's the problem with "saving" a calculation.  If any of the elements
change, the "saved" value must also be changed.  So... just use an unbound
calculated field, calculate on the fly, and avoid that problem.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Mariela" <Mariela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a query that calculates the total of a field in my table - Field
>Name
> in my Table is Total Value which calculates the total for a series of
> records
> that has the same invoice number.  Field in in my query is Aggregate
> Value.
> I now have a form where I bring in the Aggregate Value.  I need to create
> another Text box Value Verified where I bring in the Aggregate Value as a
> default, but I may have to change it if the Value has changed - but the
> Aggregate Value has to remain the same.
>
> I tried using default value on the form for the Value Verified Text
> control
> that brings in the Aggregate Value but it does not work -
>
> does anyone have a suggestion?
> --
> Regards - MD

0
Al

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Help
Hi, can anyone help me please. I had to reload my computer from scratch (XP-home, MS Office 2000). WhenI went to open some of my databases under Access 2000 I find that DAO 3.5 is Missing - re-installation of Access then the entire Office suite has not helped. Although the Available references show DAO 3.5 as "MISSING: Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library" there is a bunch of DAO 3.5 DLL, GID, AW and TLB files under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO". Anyone got any idea how to persuade Access to register these files in order to get my database working again? ...

HELP- Copy a Data Series to Other Graphs? #3
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

help w/ connecting to internet
I recently received a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Since I only have a dial-up connection and I want to use this in a room where there is no telephone jack, I needed a long phone cord to connect the laptop to the phone jack. I attached the 50' cord to the laptop last week and all went fine connecting to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to make the connection again. I enter the password and it dials (pulse!), and the box says "connected to remote computer", then "verifying name and password", then finally "unable to establish a connection". I th...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

formula to return value from a matrix
hi Filtering is not an option :) I have a table that shows skill titles across the columns e3:cz3 and staff names down c4:c103, for each name and skill there will be a value between 1 & 4 see example below C E Name Excel Colin 3 I need to insert the finding into a bespoke report that if I select a skill (from a drop down list) the report will list the names and associated value Skill title drop down is k5 name is k8, skill value is j8 Cheers in advance Indicatively, perhaps a basic Index(area, match(row),match(col)) ...

Help creating updateable query

addition with a maximum value
I have the following code =SUM(D10+E10) but I don't want the results to display anything over 20. How do I accomplish this -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31496 Try this =IF(SUM(D10+E10)>20,20,(SUM(D10+E10-20)) -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

VBA to colour table cells and add values when a function key is pr
I have a VBA application that teachers can use to mark assignments by placing their cursor in a particular cell in a table then pressing function keys. Each row in the table corresponds to a specific performance standard (and contains a mark) and the last column is used to store the total marks. If the teacher places the cursor in a row and presses F6 then that row is coloured and the mark is inserted into the last colum in that that row. You can see a screen image at http://emarking-assistant.baker-evans.com/screen_image.htm Currently the VBA does not need to know what row or...

help with entering data into Investment Accounts
Hello, I'm quite confused on how I should enter data into my Investment Account (a mutual fund account). Suppose I start from the beginning: I put $5000 into the account and buy some FundA and FundB. What kind of transaction are these, are they "buy" or "add shares"? Secondly, if I later transfer/switch from one fund to the other, are they "sell... buy" or "remove shares... add shares". (There isn't a "switch" transaction type). Finally, if I sell some funds and transfer the money out of the fund account, how do I do this? Use t...

Purchase Order Help
I need to "open" a "closed" purchase order because the employee commited the order without recieving the items. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appriciated!! -Thanks in advance in Manager : file | configuration | Options | Purchase order options | Allow edit of closed Purchase orders [x] open closed PO and edit (you may have to add an item to enable editing capabilities, then remove that item when done) "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC4B448-0570-40C5-9837-9C3BA86FB9B4@microsoft.com... >I need ...

I need help getting started
I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into the server but when I input my information it doesn't accept it. I don't know what I am doing wrong. PLEASE HELP! "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2745354F-ED15-42A8-B3E5-41286A439EB2@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address > configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into > the server but when I input my inform...

Sumproduct a column where 2 adj text columns contain same value
Hi, I'm using a sumproduct formula to ascertain the number of times that a value between 0 and 1 occurs in column A (range A3:A26), where the adjacent cell in column B (B3:B26) contains either "Smith", "Draper" or "Jones": =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A26>0.00)*(A3:A26<1.01)*(B3:B26={"Smith","Draper","Jones"})) This formula works fine and details the number of entries where the value in column A is between 0 and 1, and the name in the adjacent column B cell is Smith Draper or Jones. What I need to do is the same SUMPRODUCT of 0-1...

I need help on explaining this excel formula in simple language?!!
IF(sVdate>G23,0,act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates)) I'm looking for an explaination along the lines of: sVdate is less than G23, then, O is returned, and then ............ ? If sVdate is greater than G23, return zero, otherwise return "act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26D7AF98-869B-498E-AA3A-AF1FF83BE6DA@microsoft.com... > IF(sVdate>G23,0,act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates)) > > > I'...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Pivot table truncating values
I have a problem when creating pivot tables based on large amounts of data (for example 28MB). The pivot table truncates certain fields that appear as numeric, but are text, such as an account number. Does anyone have any ideas, or had this happen to them? ...

help me with this forumla
=AND($D$3="Y",EXACT($D$3,UPPER($D$3))) I would like to be able to put a "y" in any cell in column "D" and have the same cell in column "E" turn blue can you help me set this up thanks jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joe, this simpler formula worked fine for me: =OR(D1="y",D1="Y") I selected Column E (just click the column heading), then Format > Conditional Formatting. Formula is: =OR(D1="y",D1="Y"). Then I set up the format. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and T...

how I build a prototype form in visio?
how I build a prototype form using Visio 2003/ Hi Mandra, Are you using VBA, or are you trying to use the Visio Active X control? -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/category/shapes Visio programming info: http://www.visguy.com/category/programming/ Other Visio resources: http://www.visguy.com/visio-links/ "mandira" <mandira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B7DF184-8145-45F7-977B-F25A6F89D4D9@microsoft.com... > how I build a prototype form using Visio 2003/ ...

#VALUE! PivotTable Error
I'm using Excel as a front end for an OLAP cube. I'm getting a #VALUE! error in an Excel Grand Total for a column when I filter on a row dimension. With the filter off, the error disappears. The error is in a total number of <> cell as well as in an Average/<> cell. The cells have valid values in them with the filter off. Any ideas?? Thanks!! Filter On: Award Type Data Total Institutional Average Need Avg Award $416.00 Avg Award$/Recipient $832.00 Avg Family Income/Recipient Avg SAT Award Amount $832.00 Number o...

Fixed Assets
Hi all, Doesn't Fixed Asset Management have a solution for printing the information for the Form 4562 and Form 4797 right from the FA system? Other packages offer this to print or output in PDF directly from the Fixed Asset system. Is there any third-parties out there that offer a add-on solution? Thanks, ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Negative value in Excel
I would like value in a certain rage of cells to always be negativ without adding minus sign when enter the value. Does anyone know how t set this??? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Adhanya, One solution is to put the values in straightaway (as positive), and simply make them look as though they're negative. Select the cells, Format, Cells, Number, Custom, and use something like: -General -0.00 Then in any formulas that refer to them, negate them so they will be treated as negative. Or an event macro can negate them as they're entered. -- Earl Kios...