Date of 1/14/2010 and on not working in form

I have a form that we have been using, successfully for about two years.  On
the form, I have a section with 3 text boxes.  Textbox 1 (REPORTINGstart) is
a date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format. Textbox 2 (REPORTINGend) is a
date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format.  Textbox 3 is a straight text
textbox titled PHASE.  The way the form works, if a date is entered in the
start text box and not the end text box, the PHASE is IN PROGRESS.  If there
are dates in both the start and end text boxes, the PHASE is complete.  The
SQL statement in the PHASE text box is:
=IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart]<CDate([tblREPORTfields]![TODAY]),IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart]
Is Not Null And [tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGend] Is Null,"IN
PROGRESS",IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart] Is Not Null And
[tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGend] Is Not Null,"COMPLETE")))
There are no data validation rules in any of the text box data fields, and
there are no Before, After or other events.  This particular string of events
has worked successfully up until we entered the date 1/14/2010 or later
(1/15/2010, 1/16/2010, etc.)  For dates 1/13/2010 and earlier, it works fine.
 When entering 1/14/2010 and later the PHASE text box does not populate.  Any
ideas how to correct this?  Is there an issue with dates after 1/14/2010?

You need to ensure that the column you are comparing to is defined as a
date/time column.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

"Gnerks" wrote:

> I have a form that we have been using, successfully for about two years.  On
> the form, I have a section with 3 text boxes.  Textbox 1 (REPORTINGstart) is
> a date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format. Textbox 2 (REPORTINGend) is a
> date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format.  Textbox 3 is a straight text
> textbox titled PHASE.  The way the form works, if a date is entered in the
> start text box and not the end text box, the PHASE is IN PROGRESS.  If there
> are dates in both the start and end text boxes, the PHASE is complete.  The
> SQL statement in the PHASE text box is:
> =IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart]<CDate([tblREPORTfields]![TODAY]),IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart]
> Is Not Null And [tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGend] Is Null,"IN
> PROGRESS",IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart] Is Not Null And
> [tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGend] Is Not Null,"COMPLETE")))
> There are no data validation rules in any of the text box data fields, and
> there are no Before, After or other events.  This particular string of events
> has worked successfully up until we entered the date 1/14/2010 or later
> (1/15/2010, 1/16/2010, etc.)  For dates 1/13/2010 and earlier, it works fine.
>  When entering 1/14/2010 and later the PHASE text box does not populate.  Any
> ideas how to correct this?  Is there an issue with dates after 1/14/2010?

What updates [tblREPORTfields]![TODAY] and why must it be converted to a date?

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Gnerks" wrote:

> I have a form that we have been using, successfully for about two years.  On
> the form, I have a section with 3 text boxes.  Textbox 1 (REPORTINGstart) is
> a date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format. Textbox 2 (REPORTINGend) is a
> date data type with mm/dd/yyyy as the format.  Textbox 3 is a straight text
> textbox titled PHASE.  The way the form works, if a date is entered in the
> start text box and not the end text box, the PHASE is IN PROGRESS.  If there
> are dates in both the start and end text boxes, the PHASE is complete.  The
> SQL statement in the PHASE text box is:
> =IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart]<CDate([tblREPORTfields]![TODAY]),IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart]
> Is Not Null And [tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGend] Is Null,"IN
> PROGRESS",IIf([tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGstart] Is Not Null And
> [tblREPORTfields]![REPORTINGend] Is Not Null,"COMPLETE")))
> There are no data validation rules in any of the text box data fields, and
> there are no Before, After or other events.  This particular string of events
> has worked successfully up until we entered the date 1/14/2010 or later
> (1/15/2010, 1/16/2010, etc.)  For dates 1/13/2010 and earlier, it works fine.
>  When entering 1/14/2010 and later the PHASE text box does not populate.  Any
> ideas how to correct this?  Is there an issue with dates after 1/14/2010?

Shortcut in Start Menu not working
This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though..... There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a Windows problem. http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eawCjI7cIHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This happened once before ...

moving from one form to another
I want to be able to move from form 1 to form 2 and retain matching information in form 1 to form 2. So, how do I link the one or two matching information in both the forms? I think what you are asking is how to link forms? If so, in properties for the forms or subforms, go to the data tab and enter your master and child link property. It should create that for you. If the forms are not on the same form (a form and subform) you might have to create a form/subform to link them. If you want to be able to see the same information in each form without linking, you would need to put the inf...

filter by date and action

It worked!
Thank you very much for your help Allen!!! Your site is on my favourite list now ;-) Cristian. ...

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

DPM 2010 RTM trial failing on installation
I am attempting to install the DPM 2010 RTM trial On a patched-up-to-date 2008 R2 machine. However, it doesn't get past the Visual VC++ 2008 Redistributable. It hangs for about an hour, and then tells me that it can't install the redistributable. Any ideas? Hi Paul, As per the setup recommendation, please try the installation of VC redist outside of DPM setup from installation bits folder \Redist\vcredist\vcredist_64.exe, restart if prompted and try DPM setup. -- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Money 2005 start-up error 12-14-09
I'm having the same problem and can not access my msmoney 2005 standard data, that it encountered an interal error and has to close. Has been working fine until today. I sure wish someone could help me with thise - it is mind numbing! I am having the same problem also. Seams very strange that this is happening to alot of people on the same day. Never had a problem with it before. We need help opening money 2005. hope that I dont lose all that important info. Very disappointed with MS right now. They don't seam to be very helpful. "Ricky D" wrote: >...

How to sort by name then date?

Excel puts a 1 at the end of my filename
Whenever I open any Excel file, Excel automatically puts a 1 at the end of the filename. So for instance I'm trying to open xxx.xls I get xxx1.xls. And I have noticed that since this started happening I only get the "save as" option when I go to save the file. What could be causing this? Are you sure the filename includes the .xls extension? If it really doesn't, how are you opening the workbook? If the name of the file is: xxx.XLT (with a T), then the file is a template file. If you are opening a *.xlt file in windows explorer, then windows figures that you want to...

strange date format problem

Outlook's button 'Attach File' does not work
I am creating simple mail using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook. I do not want to attach file in the code - I need simple mail without any attach. Mail is successfully created and opened, but after this button 'Attach File' does not work (it could be clicked, file could be selected but it is not attached). Here is simple code: Dim Outlook As New Outlook.Application Dim OutlookMessage As Outlook.MailItem OutlookMessage = Outlook.CreateItem(OlItemType.olMailItem) OutlookMessage.Display() I am using Outlook 2007. Could anyone help me with this? Where is this code ru...

Import from Excel Problem
Getting a strange result when importing from Excel into Outlook 2002. Followed all help info on cell selection and I'm getting Outlook individual contact records for EVERY cell in my Excell address list rather than whole contact records that include all the row data. In other words, the importataion is not using the rows of data in Excel but is picking individual cells instead. Makes for a zillion of Outlook contact records with first name, then last name, then address, etc. Any help here? When importing an xls format Outlook likes to see a named range, alternately try savin...

if statement with dates #2

error message 12-14-09
nearly every day I get this error message. I do not receive any emails. I have to log out of the email program, and go back into it. The error message I receive is ; 'An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0148' -- S.a.s.t.news What antivirus program are you using? Antivirus programs are the most common cause of problems such as that. "sastnews" <sastnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90B428DB-1F76-49D0-BE2E-558B036A5FFD@microsoft.com... > nearly every day I get this er...

Counting Dates?

Automated task to present data in a graph form.
Hi, I am newbie to Excel area. I got a requirement where in I need to present the Excel sheet data with 3 columns in a graphical form. Everyday, the excel sheet is populated with the current data. This is automated from the backend. I want to know whether there is any possibility of a macro which draws a graph with the data present in the excel sheet. It should be an automated task. Thanks for the help in advance. -- luckyguy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ luckyguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=285...

An expression for dates from and to

show all fields in the Outlook 2007 task form
I see that a contact has "Show All Fields". Where is this option for tasks? I'd like to see some of these things in the task form, not just the table view. It's in the same place, only the standard task form hides that page. You'd need to design a custom task form that has that page visible. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "jay.meerdink@gmail.com" wrote: > I see that a contact has "Show All Fields"....

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...