Datasheet View 01-18-10

I am working with Access 2002.  I have a main form, frmVendors, with a sub
form frmCourses.  The courses form has a sub form in datasheet view for
frmClasses.  This form has also has a sub form datasheet view for
frmInstructors.  What I need to do is attach another sub form to frmClasses
for training rooms used.  I would also like this to be a datasheet view.  Is
it possible to link to different subs to another sub both in datasheet view?

I added and linked the second datasheet form view to frmClasses but nothing
shows up in the form view.  Thanks in advance.

Ann -

This would usually be due to data or linking.   Check to see that there
really is data to display for the main record you are working on.  Also,
check to see if the linked fields are the correct ones, and that they are the
same type.
--
Daryl S

"Ann" wrote:

> I am working with Access 2002.  I have a main form, frmVendors, with a sub
> form frmCourses.  The courses form has a sub form in datasheet view for
> frmClasses.  This form has also has a sub form datasheet view for
> frmInstructors.  What I need to do is attach another sub form to frmClasses
> for training rooms used.  I would also like this to be a datasheet view.  Is
> it possible to link to different subs to another sub both in datasheet view?
>
> I added and linked the second datasheet form view to frmClasses but nothing
> shows up in the form view.  Thanks in advance.
Hi Daryl,

There is data and the link is correct.  If I open the tblClasses table and
click the + to expand the data for a link I receive a box to choose which
table, query, etc. I want but I can only choose one.  I also deleted the
first one from the datasheet form view and the second one will appear.  It
looks like Access will only allow one to be viewed at a time, unless there's
some trick to getting it to work.

Thanks,

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Ann -
>
> This would usually be due to data or linking.   Check to see that there
> really is data to display for the main record you are working on.  Also,
> check to see if the linked fields are the correct ones, and that they are the
> same type.
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "Ann" wrote:
>
> > I am working with Access 2002.  I have a main form, frmVendors, with a sub
> > form frmCourses.  The courses form has a sub form in datasheet view for
> > frmClasses.  This form has also has a sub form datasheet view for
> > frmInstructors.  What I need to do is attach another sub form to frmClasses
> > for training rooms used.  I would also like this to be a datasheet view.  Is
> > it possible to link to different subs to another sub both in datasheet view?
> >
> > I added and linked the second datasheet form view to frmClasses but nothing
> > shows up in the form view.  Thanks in advance.
Ann -

Is frmClasses in datasheet view in it's subform?   Can you use continuous
forms view in frmClasses instead to allow you to have two subforms show up
within this subform?

--
Daryl S

"Ann" wrote:

> Hi Daryl,
>
> There is data and the link is correct.  If I open the tblClasses table and
> click the + to expand the data for a link I receive a box to choose which
> table, query, etc. I want but I can only choose one.  I also deleted the
> first one from the datasheet form view and the second one will appear.  It
> looks like Access will only allow one to be viewed at a time, unless there's
> some trick to getting it to work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
> > Ann -
> >
> > This would usually be due to data or linking.   Check to see that there
> > really is data to display for the main record you are working on.  Also,
> > check to see if the linked fields are the correct ones, and that they are the
> > same type.
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "Ann" wrote:
> >
> > > I am working with Access 2002.  I have a main form, frmVendors, with a sub
> > > form frmCourses.  The courses form has a sub form in datasheet view for
> > > frmClasses.  This form has also has a sub form datasheet view for
> > > frmInstructors.  What I need to do is attach another sub form to frmClasses
> > > for training rooms used.  I would also like this to be a datasheet view.  Is
> > > it possible to link to different subs to another sub both in datasheet view?
> > >
> > > I added and linked the second datasheet form view to frmClasses but nothing
> > > shows up in the form view.  Thanks in advance.

Cloning a View in Dialog-based MFC Program, part 2
I've created a toolbar button fort he cloning operation and the function it calls invokes a constructor for a new view. Using the debugger I can see that this new view has all of the right data ... but it has no window! What's my next step? TIA Norm I dont know the context of your action but make sure that you make the view and its parent frame are both visible. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message news:Ex45b.125557$3o3.8831281@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I've created a toolbar butt...

Unable to View Source
Recently, the "View Source" command has stopped working on HTML messages I receive. I'd like to reestablish this functionality but do not know how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Scott Siderman <ssiderman@ahpnet.com> wrote: > Recently, the "View Source" command has stopped working > on HTML messages I receive. I'd like to reestablish this > functionality but do not know how to do this. Any help > would be appreciated. You are probably encountering the bug in Internet Explorer related to having a full cache. The workaround is to cle...

Custom view error
I cannot determine why I get this error when I try to switch to a view I just created. There's nothing special going on in the worksheet. It's just a list which I have applied an Advanced Filter to, but which hides all non- matching data. Is the Advanced Filter not compatible with Custom Views? Thanks for any help you can offer. Kimberly ...

[ANN] Updaters for Office 2004 and Office 2008 10-14-08
See the Entourage Help Blog for details on updaters for Office 2004 and Office 2008. Microsoft also announced a critical security update today. I logged out/in before installing. It's important to quit all running applications before using the updater. Restart and you should have a good install. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Last update applied: Monday, October 6, 2008 7 Microsoft Entourage.app: 12.1.3 Microsoft Excel.app: 12.1.3 Microsoft Word.app: 12.1.3 Microsoft PowerPoint.app: 12.1.3 MicrosoftComponentPlugin:Monday, October 6, 2008 7:21:53 PM Junk E-Mail Protection:Mond...

Execution plan for view
We are using SQL 2005/2008 std. I have a view that joins and self joins between two tables with various join criteria and the criteria is static. Once the view is created, we have a query that will join the view with another big table and the where clause has two parameters which are based on the big table. When this query runs with various values in the two parameters, I believe the execution plan will be cached based on the new feature, parameter sniffing in SQL 2005/2008. Is this correct? Furthermore, say a third parameter is introduced in this query, obviously the optimizer...

Datasheet Font
In Access Options one can set the Datasheet font. This applies to new forms with a datasheet and not existing Datasheets. Any way to set the font on existing Datasheets? I'm using AC 2007 with split forms. Thanks, James I don't run 2007, but a datatsheet form is pretty simple and quick to create in other versions. You use the forms wizard, assign the fields you want, and the form is created. Can't you change the Datasheet font to your choice in Options, then use the wizard to recreate the datasheet forms? You're talking about less than a minute a form. -- There's ALWAYS...

toolbar view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I often view worksheets side by side in order to compare or tranfer data between them. But when I reduce the width to fit them beside each other the toolbar narrows too, making half of the custom toolbar functions inaccessable without clumsy re-widening first. This is a total pain. Can I separate the toolbars from the open page as per my old version of excel?? Click the double arrows ( >>) at the right end of the bar to display the hidden controls the bar is too narrow to display. The Standard Toolbar cannot ...

Document/View
I have a program for viewing point cloud data and I want to add a browse feature that would allow the user to select multiple data files at once. When in this mode the program would display the list of files that the user could either select, or chose a scan mode that would automatically scan through the list and display the data. This would be implemented as either a CFormView, or a CView with a floating dialog for the file list and scan buttons. My question is I am debating how to best implement the doc/view (or if I even should). I can see three options: 1. If I keep...

Datasheet Form
Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can=B4t put more than one line of data. What can I do? Thanks Andr=E9. Can you use a continuous form instead? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:1185792638.118651.14560@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Dear all, I created a new form, then I put two unbound textbox. I modified his property to datasheet layout, but when I open it I can�t put more than one line of ...

CPropertySheet View
How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? >How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? Have a look on MSDN for the SNAPVW sample for a basic property page view. For something that looks more like Excel's tabbed pages, have a look for Paul DiLascia's CFolderTabCtrl articles from April/May 1999 issues of MSJ. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Communication between Views
Hello. I have a few questions regarding User-Defined messages in MFC I have an SDI application with a CEditView and a second view using MFC Grid Control v2.25 (From The Code Project). What I want to code is a means for the grid view and CEditView to communicate. When the grid view is clicked on a particular column (which contains data from the document), I want to send a message that is received by the CEditView, which then displays information from the document. Is subclassing the best way to solve this problem? I currently have the compiler responding to clicks in the grid view (as evidenc...

IIF statement 02-18-10
Not entirely sure if the IIF statement is the correct way to go about this, I have a field on a query that has total pounds of either printed or plain product. I want to add a column to my query that only adds up the printed product. So, if "product type" = printed, then add up a total, is basically what I am trying to say. Can you help me with the proper formula? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201002/1 SUM(IIF([Product Type] = "Printed",[Pounds],Null)) John Spencer Access MVP 200...

Filter History associated view
When I view the history of an account, is there a way of filtering the activities depending on the user viewing it(or a team he belongs to) so that you only see the activities done by one department/user for that specific account ? ...

View classes
I've always found it strange that you never explicitly instantiate the View classes (those that derive from CView). I guess MFC does that for you behind the scenes? Are there other classes in MFC like this, or are the Views the only ones? bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > I've always found it strange that you never explicitly instantiate the > View classes (those that derive from CView). I guess MFC does that > for you behind the scenes? Are there other classes in MFC like this, > or are the Views the only ones? MFC instantiates the CDocument, CView and CFrameWnd behind th...

CRM access 10-14-04
Hi. I would like to access CRM data from separate application to check some data. I'm user of the CRM and when I open a CRM page I'm automatically logged in and everything work fine. But when I try to access CRM from my Web application that is in some other domain then I get error on WhoAmI call retrieving CUserAuth. I got ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. How can I fix this situation? How can I check from separate page actual licence count? And if this is possible to grant and revoke license from separate web application? How can I do this...

Can view all messages except those in Inbox
I am ghosting new computers and signing on with that users networ username and password. Outlook shows all messages in folders excep those in the Inbox, even though the status bar shows the number of rea and unread mail. There are no filters applied. When I log off as tha user and sign on as Administrator I can see all messages in the Inbox This workstation is Windows 2000 on Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas a to how to fix this problem ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Ou...

Layout View
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC This is a new issue beginning yesterday when using Word and I'm creating a NEW document text cannot be seen in the PAGE LAYOUT view. TEXT IS being entered when I type but it is INVISIBLE nor can I see the cursor. (FYI, my text color is black and my background color is white.) When I switch to Outline or Normal views I can then see what text I've typed. Also, if I open documents I created prior to this issue I can see the text just fine in Page Layout view. I suspect a setting has changed but I've n...

Cannot delet/view mailbox
Running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on a 2000 Server In "Mailbox Resources" I have a mailbox named "Admin" without any other information other than size and number of items for this mailbox. Also,it does not show in the "Recipients" directory. When I try to view the properties for the mailbox I receive an error message saying: "The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed Microsoft exchange directory ID no:c1010aae". All other features on the exchange server work fine, but my backup fails because of this mailb...

CRM 3.0 Error 01-10-06
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 a couple weeks back. Ever since we periodically see the following error pop up while inside of the Outlook Client: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavaiable. Try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Also, when attempting to complete/cancel tasks in CRM, we receive the following error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The strange part here is, we receive this error, yet when we click Cancel on the...

Custom Fields on CustomerAddress do NOT appear in Account or Contact view.
Custom fields on CustomerAddress do not appear in the views Account or Contact. So they are not available to be put on either the Account form or the Contact form. I have added a couple of string fields to CustomerAddress which I want to have on both Account and Contact forms. But they are not appearing in the drop-downs. Is this correct or have I missed something. CustomerAddress fields are displayed on the forms accessed through the "More Addresses" side tabs for Accounts and Contacts "Bill Altmann" <bill@pmxam.com> wrote in message news:e8VWkGelEHA.1656@T...

Excel Jululian 02-10-10
please help how can i import files names or folder names to excel sheet regrads Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best if importing to Excel. To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to this KB Article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q272623& Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from..... http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/ I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features. OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory. Type DIR >MYFILES.TXT Al...

Custom Views #4
Does anyone know about "print layout" view in Excel 2000? I have a user in my office who says she can get this view in Excel, just like she can in Word. I think I have seen it in Excel, but will be darned if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks. Hi do you mean 'File - Print preview'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "christia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8b0d01c48551$edeaf4e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know about "print layout" view in Excel 2000? > I have a user in my office who s...

Backup 01-31-07
Hello, I installed MS CRM 3.0 on another machine and I imported personalizations and the data base, but I did not find these personalizations Thank you Hi ahmed, What did you do to the database? Did you restore it and install CRM against it? Are you in the same domain as before? Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 31, 9:10 am, ahmed <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, I installed MS CRM 3.0 on another machine and I imported > personalizations and the data base, but I did not find these personalizations > Thank you Hi, for the ...

combo box 01-09-08
I have a form with 3 text boxes named contact, telephone and fax, I want to create a combo box to select a field named 'supplier' with the data taken from a table named "supinfo". the table has four columns named supplier, contact, telephone, and fax. When selecting a single supplier from the supplier column of the table i woulld like data also to be automatically entered into the text boxes named above from the columns of the table named "supinfo". I am a novice at database progranning so please keep your answer as definitive as possible. Thanks I have re...

Datasheets
Hi, A couple of questions on datasheets, if I may. 1. Is there any way to have column header names over two or more lines? 2. Is it possible when a cell is selected (Clicked, or double clicked for example) to determine the cell position? The second question is to superimpose a control over the selected cell to allow edits. I am displaying a crosstab query on a datasheet form, but need to edit cell contents. My plan is to overlay a control on the selected cell, then programatically make the necessary updates to the underlying table directly from code. I'm happy enough with the ge...