DataEntry Property

I accidentally set the data entry property by clicking records, then data
entry. It was an accident. I have tried everything to get the property off
and to turn it off and to display my records. I can't figure it out. I tried
the whole remove/apply filter thing, but it won't work. I changed to
dataentry property to no in design view and I still can't view my records. I
can't even see them in datasheet view when I turn off the filter. I know they
are there because they are in my tables. I need to be able to view all the
records in form view because I need to be able to print them out. What do I
need to do, or what am I doing wrong.

On Jun 6, 12:51 pm, ezemae <eze...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I accidentally set the data entry property by clicking records, then data
> entry. It was an accident. I have tried everything to get the property off
> and to turn it off and to display my records. I can't figure it out. I tried
> the whole remove/apply filter thing, but it won't work. I changed to
> dataentry property to no in design view and I still can't view my records. I
> can't even see them in datasheet view when I turn off the filter. I know they
> are there because they are in my tables. I need to be able to view all the
> records in form view because I need to be able to print them out. What do I
> need to do, or what am I doing wrong.

Try opening your form in design view and check the "Data Entry"
property of your form.  Look on the "Data" tab of the form's
properties dialog box.  This property should be set to "No".  Also
check the "Allow Filters" = Yes; "Allow Edits" = Yes; "Allow
Deletions" = Yes and "Allow Additions" = Yes.

HTH

Mr. B

0
Mr
6/6/2007 9:57:48 PM
I tried that and it still won't work. The form is made up of about 6 tables.
I think I am just going to put all the tables together in one table and them
do the form from the big table. I just didn't want to have to do this over.
Somebody else did the tables individually instead of putting all the info in
one.
Thanks anyways.

"Mr. B" wrote:

> On Jun 6, 12:51 pm, ezemae <eze...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I accidentally set the data entry property by clicking records, then data
> > entry. It was an accident. I have tried everything to get the property off
> > and to turn it off and to display my records. I can't figure it out. I tried
> > the whole remove/apply filter thing, but it won't work. I changed to
> > dataentry property to no in design view and I still can't view my records. I
> > can't even see them in datasheet view when I turn off the filter. I know they
> > are there because they are in my tables. I need to be able to view all the
> > records in form view because I need to be able to print them out. What do I
> > need to do, or what am I doing wrong.
>
> Try opening your form in design view and check the "Data Entry"
> property of your form.  Look on the "Data" tab of the form's
> properties dialog box.  This property should be set to "No".  Also
> check the "Allow Filters" = Yes; "Allow Edits" = Yes; "Allow
> Deletions" = Yes and "Allow Additions" = Yes.
>
> HTH
>
> Mr. B

ActiveX property pages in Powerpoint
Hi, I posted this in the Powerpoint newsgroup, but this might be a more suitable place for this post, so I'll post it here as well, sorry. I'm writing an activex control which will be used in office 2003, Powerpoint mainly. The control is written in C++ with MFC using Visual Studio .NET. I'm using stock properties, such as background/foreground color and font properties, and have added stock property pages for those properties. I've also got several custom properties with their own custom property page implemented. The problem is, when using Powerpoint, the property p...

DLL Properties
How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties. Specifically, the file version number. The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters. That is, it is not registerable. It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points. "Bee" <Bee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC397819-E3DA-4853-BA1D-27AA529C1755@microsoft.com... > How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties. > Specifically, the file version number. > The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters. > That is, it is not registerable. ...

Analysing Property Investments
Anyone aware of any methods (using Excel) of calculating the value or worth of property investments over time, taking into account factors such as income growth, ongoing costs, rent reviews etc that would allow comparisons to be made against other properties in a portfolio or possibly against some other 'benchmark'? The sort of data that might be returned could include return on capital, break even points, etc or might involve CAPM (Capital Asset pricing Model)? Its a long shot but worth a try! Cheers -- To Reply, use my proper E-Mail Address of pateril@ianpaterson.freeserve.co.uk ...

Printing (or exporting) database properties
I've created a Visio file from scratch (not reverse engineering an existing database) and now all I want to do is export the database properties. Anytime I try to do a copy and paste all that gets copied to the clip board is the model diagram shape. I just want to export the Physical Name and Notes column of each table to Excel or Word. How do I do this!? ...

Need more fields on item properties
I need more fields in item properties tab to described my items. Those fields would have to be able to print on labels. I have already used Sub Description fields. In labels field option i can see Ptiotio for 3 "detail title" and 3 "Detail Field" but i can not find them in any item properties. Is there any other way to add custom fields to item properties ? You can add additional fields in the config (in manager - file - config - captions) and go into the label template you use and add the fileds. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Robert" wrote: > I need more f...

deserialize to a property
I am using web services to request some DTO-style objects from a service layer. I'd like to data bind them to some UI controls, but the properties are deserialized as fields, which aren't bindable. What're my options for working around this, other than rewriting the generated code? That really isn't an option, because there are too many types. Thanks, Shawn ...

Removing standard Unidrv property sheets from printer preferences/properties
I'm trying to determine how to remove the standard Unidrv property sheets from a printer preferences/properties dialog. These are the Layout, Paper/Quality, and Advanced pages. I have by modifying my .gpd file removed all but the Advanced page (by using "*ConcealFromUI?: TRUE" for the features on these pages) but I am left with the Advanced page with no entries, and non-functioning OK and Cancel buttons. I found a posting from a few years back suggesting a solution: >Regarding the removal of the property sheets created by Unidrv, I've done >this at runtime ...

Publisher 2003 Printing Style Properties
Is there any way to print out a listing of the properties of each style, similar to doing so in MS Word 2003? I have a lot of custom styles and can not for the life of me remember all the various permutations. ...

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'objUser.CreateMailbox'
Hi, I'm having trouble setting up mailboxes in exchange 2003. I'm currently building a asp web page where HR department can use to create a new hire in active directory and a mailbox. When I run it in vbscript as a stand alone program, everything works as supposed to, however, when I run it on asp server, it keeps giving me this error: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6' Object doesn't support this property or method: 'objUser.CreateMailbox' ----------------------------...

DataEntry = True
What am I missing? Is it the subform syntax? The results arre the same true or false. This works! Me![Securityfrm].Form.DataEntry = False This does not! Me![Jobfrm].Form![BCfrm].Form.DataEntry = False -- Thanks for your help, Chris In news:B2513219-4199-4F9D-A21C-025A3C904A0B@microsoft.com, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What am I missing? Is it the subform syntax? The results arre the > same true or false. > > This works! > Me![Securityfrm].Form.DataEntry = False > > This does not! > Me![Jobfrm].Form![BCfrm].Form.DataEntry = False The...

Run Property Sheet in Dialog box
Folks, I know how to construct a CPropertySheet, add pages, and call DoModal() to show it. However, I want to create a dialog box based application and make the main window (dialog box) a property sheet. How to do that? Thanks Ming Ming Huang wrote: > Folks, > > I know how to construct a CPropertySheet, add pages, and call DoModal() to > show it. However, I want to create a dialog box based application and make > the main window (dialog box) a property sheet. How to do that? > > Thanks > > Ming In a dialog-based application the code in InitInstance creates...

Setting Page properties from itself
Is there any easy way to set properties of a Page (or UserControl for that matter) from *within itself*? As an example, I have several .aspx pages which inherit from exactly the same code-behind class, but I need to be able to pass different properties to the class to make them to the correct thing. The only way I've found to do this is to create the following - which works fine, but doesn't feel right.... <script runat="server"> Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init Me.MyProperty = True ...

DataEntry Property
I accidentally set the data entry property by clicking records, then data entry. It was an accident. I have tried everything to get the property off and to turn it off and to display my records. I can't figure it out. I tried the whole remove/apply filter thing, but it won't work. I changed to dataentry property to no in design view and I still can't view my records. I can't even see them in datasheet view when I turn off the filter. I know they are there because they are in my tables. I need to be able to view all the records in form view because I need to be able to pr...

The setting you entered isn't valid for this property
Hello, I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the form view, I can save it. But bnow I have the error message box as follows: The setting you entered isn't valid for this property To see the valid settings for this property, search the help index for the name of the property Pls. help us how to solve this problem -- H. Frank Situmorang What version of Access and what OS are you using? How are you trying to save the form in FormView? Frank Situmorang wrote: >Hello, > >I am trying to save the form in the formview, normally even though in the ...

Shape custom properties
I have created a drawing of our server racks. I have also gone into the custom properties of the shapes as they are laid out in the racks and I have entered the server names, serial numbers, BIOS versions, etc. of each shape and I want to display it in a table on a master list sheet. How do I do this? I know the data is usable, I just don't know how to effectively display it. Thanks Go to Tools > Report and create a property report for your data. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ma...

Unexpected type for property (800404cc)
I am receiving an “Unexpected type for property” error (800404cc) when I attempt to update the Template entity using the following code. (CRM services set up here) template template = new template(); template.title = "Client System Setup"; template.templateid = new Key(); template.templateid.Value = new Guid("0c9e6c54-ec23-db11-84ef-0030482f095c"); service.Update(template); (or) (CRM services set up here) template template = new template(); template.title = "Client System Setup"; template.templateid = new Key(); template.templateid.Value = new Guid("0c9e...

External File Properties
I am able to get a list of file names in a specified folder using code, but is there a way to get the document properties too? For instance, I use the document title and comment fields in the properties of files to store contract number and supplier number respectively. These are mostly mdi files. I can view these file properties in Windows Explorer so presumably this 'header' data is accessible. Ultimately I want to ba able to retrieve files relating to a specific contract or supplier number obtained from the external document properties. Thanks for any advice. Mark mhkaye@gma...

Problems with DataEntry = True
Hi I am opening a form "Add New Job", which on load, sets its DataEntry attribute to true. If I enter no details & close the form, a record had been created, so I added code to delete the record if no details had been entered. Now when I close the form without entering any details, it deletes the current record it has just created, but creates another one with the next sequence number. What I want it to do is create no record if no details are added. How can I achieve this? Yours Stapes Are you sure it's deleting the record you just created? The DataEntry property does...

how to make an property hidden.
Hi, How can i make an property hidden in an activex control using code. I need to make the property visible only to the programming envoirnment in which the control is being developed. Please help. Regards, John. ...

how to display properties
Hi there, I want to show one of the user defined properties in the Text Box of a shape. How can I do this? Have a nice time Bruno Instert -> Field - choose the field for the a custom field i.g. User.Row_1 "bruno storz" <bruno_storz@gmx.de> wrote in message news:bictaq$g1d$07$1@news.t-online.com... > Hi there, > > I want to show one of the user defined properties in the Text Box of a > shape. > > How can I do this? > > Have a nice time > > Bruno > > Hi there, I did so, however I do not find an entry in the custom field like User....

exchange 2000
In Exchange 2000 I'm trying to filter certain domains. Reading the docs it looks as though you can enter domains you want to reject in system manager -> message delivery properties -> filtering. But it appears to work sometimes, but not all the time. And appears that it's broken randomly. For example, I entered *@lycos.com, and all mail from there was rejected. But I've got numerous domain names that aren't being filtered at all. It's like filtering is broken. For example I still see lots of mail coming in from places like *@seanic-promotions.net, even though it'...

dataentry via forms???
my company sends mechanics out on the road to repair machines . we have a basic form that records the basic info. is there a way in excel to set up a form to fill out that links right to a a spreadsheet. ths would enable us to track the machines being worked on or who is damageing them etc. we are mostly a paper operations trying to transition more into electronic data. You may want to try the builtin Data|Form. It may be just what you want. If you find that it's close, but you want to customize it further, take a look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form: http://j-walk.c...

Recipient properties not diplayed
I have copied a mail to a pst file. I have also copied all the properties of source mail to the destination mails. But after opening a mail from the pst file, the when i try to see the properties of one of the recepients mail id, i get the error message as the name or the distribution list is deleted? So, i copied all the entries of the address book of the source mail, to the destination mail. Now i am able to see the properties, but the email address shown is in "/ O=ORGAN/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CNU6" format, The source mails recipeint properties are show...

Printing properties
Outlook's File/Print seems oly to give the choices Memo or Table. How do I get the options to select a different printer, No. of copies, etc., like other Office product File/Print commands. Usually through seleting Print Properties. The Memo or Table style options seem far too limited. ...

Combobox Auto Expand property does not seem to work in 2003 .adp
Hello- I've been having trouble to get the Auto Expand function of a combobox to work on an application of mine. I have not had this problem before. I have compared the settings to applications where they do work and they seem to be the same. These are unbound controls with Limit to List and Auto Expand set to yes. The form's AllowEdits property is set to yes. Any clues would be helpful as I feel as I am probably missing something very obvious. Thanks! -Brian ...