Database hanging up

I'm trying to delve into a database that was originally developed in earlier
versions of Access, and now has been converted to Access 2007.

All I'm doing right now is looking at objects and documenting them, but I'm
finding frequent occurrences of the database hanging up (sometimes) when I
open the query window for a form's record source, view it in SQL view, then
close SQL view then try to close the query window.

Any ideas on this wierdity?

--
Carolyn Kay
Chicago, IL

I had a similar problem with a couple of Queries and Forms.

I opened them in Design View, made a minor change and saved the Query or
Form.  Then opened it in Design View again, reversed the change, and saved
again.

This seemed to solve my problem.

"Caro" wrote:

> I'm trying to delve into a database that was originally developed in earlier
> versions of Access, and now has been converted to Access 2007.
>
> All I'm doing right now is looking at objects and documenting them, but I'm
> finding frequent occurrences of the database hanging up (sometimes) when I
> open the query window for a form's record source, view it in SQL view, then
> close SQL view then try to close the query window.
>
> Any ideas on this wierdity?
>
> --
> Carolyn Kay
> Chicago, IL

Modify split database
I have a split database that acts as a call log. The back end consists of a table with over 2,000 records and the front end contains a form that multiple users fill out. My company has decided to change the requirements of the call log table and has decided to modify the form's appearance. They have provided the new table and form to me to use. I have tried to import my old data into the new table without success. How can I marry the two and deploy the new form to all users?Thank you. From your description, it isn't clear what you've already tried in terms of adding your exist...

I need a sample of Students Database, 2003 Format Please.
I have Office 2003 installed on my machine. I need a copy of Students Database Sample downloaded from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC012253551033.aspx?pid=CT101428361033 and can not view it since I do not have Office 2007. Could anyone out there with Office 2007 download it, convert it to Office 2003 and email it to me please? Thank you, Adnan "Adnan" <te_adnani@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:23765D0A-F084-4F47-B17D-0B10BBC5CF9D@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2003 installed on my machine. I need a copy of Students > Database Sample ...

Database of all messages
Hello, Due to new regulations, my organization needs to have a database containing all email messages handled by our e-mail server over a 3 year period starting now. We are currently running Exchange Server 2003 Standard edition on a Windows Server 2003 machine internal to our network. We also have a GFI Essentials running on the firewall (A seperate server) While it appears that GFI Essentials can maintain a SQL database ot all incoming and outgoing messages, i do not beleive there is a way to force it to capture internal messages in that as well. This database needs to contain all messa...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

outlook hangs when loading program
On a windows 2000 network, when our users load outlook up in the morning, it hangs, and we have to reboot the machine in order to get outlook to load up. What would be causing this, as it is causing lost time everyday, which looks bad on our department Cheers Close outlook then find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. Did you recently suffer a department wide sudden shutdown? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Tristan <tristans@axminster.co.uk> asked...

Compacting Database
Will compacting a database recalclate the recordid of a record (key field set to autonumber) If not, how can I update the field to recalculate the record id numbers? Thank you Dominic Fontana On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:09:21 -0500, "DF59" <dfontana59@verizon.net> wrote: >Will compacting a database recalclate the recordid of a record (key field >set to autonumber) No. Once the number is written to the table it's there. >If not, how can I update the field to recalculate the record id numbers? You can't, if it's an Autonumber. An...

Opening Access Database from Internet Explorer
sWe currently have a site where we can upload files and then a user can access these files. Currently we have an access database which when you click on the link you get the option to either save it or open it. When you click Open the Access database opens just fine on the machines that have Access 2003 but not the case for the machines that have Access 2007. At first I thought it was because I was trying to open a .mdb on a machine that has Access 2007 but then I created an Access 2007 database and the same error when I tried to open it through the site. Is anyone aware of c...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

can I use dpm2010rc to back up a passive DAG database?
If so, anything I should be concerned about? Will the log files get truncated properly after backing up from a passive copy? Can I have a DPM server backing up a passive copy, and another DPM server in another site backing up the active copy? Thanks, Wes On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 18:19:01 -0700, wes <wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If so, anything I should be concerned about? Will the log files get >truncated properly after backing up from a passive copy? Can I have a DPM >server backing up a passive copy, and another DPM server in another site >back...

Subject: How to set up relationship query for minerals database
: Thanks to everyone who repliedto my previous questions with suggestions. I felt that the easiest solution was to be able to open another query and type in the indivdual minerals found at that specific location and if there were three minerals (eg cassiterite, shceelite and sapphire) I would then have three reports, one for each mineral. Next minor problem that someone may be able to help me is that the table with mineral properties uses the European style notation for numbers for Specific Gravity e.g. 3,2. Any suggestions how I can convert this to 3.2. There are about 4000 rec...

Outlook 2003 hang with Attachment file name with Chinese characters
Dear all, We have a problem with our Outlook 2003 hang problem and wish to get any help from you. Our Organization running MS Exchnge 2003 with a clustered Exch mailbox server and a FE at DMZ for OWA, OMA, RPC/HTTPS and other services. users within the LAN use Outlook 2003 with cache mode. Remote users is either use Outlook RPC/HTTPS or OWA. A lot of remote users located at China and using chinese XP and outlook. A lot of users in LAN complaint that outlook hang whenever email sent by remote users with attachment file with chinese character. The log as follow Event Type: Error Eve...

Database Password Issue With Oracle
I have a 2003 database that has a front end and a back end. The back end is on a shared drive. I had an IT person create a link to an Oracle view. We have a Peoplesoft system. This link required a password, which is static. We put it in once and that is all. When the database opens, it runs a procedure in a module that uses the links to the Oracle view to retrieve new information that was added since the last time the database was opened. This is usually within fifteen minutes. I have a series of queries that perform this procedure. I was asked to secure the back end with a pa...

Internal and External Mail Hangs after startup.
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP-4. All outbound mail both internal and internal stopped. We can still receive incomming mail messages. If we reboot the server some of the mail will be delivered and leave the outbox on the outlook clients. Some messages still remain after the reboot and after that initial delivery all outbound once again remains in the outbox. What would cause this? I have had a bad message in the queue before but that is usually Internet mail only. This halts delivery for all exchange users and when I look at the event logs I do not see any major issues and all of ht...

Moving Exchange Database to new drive
I need a bigger hard drive for my Exch data store. Can I just add a new disk then move the store as in this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915/en-us Does anyone know of any potential problems with this? I am running Exch 2003 Enterprise. Dan On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:32:58 -0500, "Dan" <someone@yahoo.com> wrote: >I need a bigger hard drive for my Exch data store. Can I just add a new >disk then move the store as in this article >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915/en-us > >Does anyone know of any potential problems with this? > >I ...

Read Only Database
I am trying to open my database which I created and have used for some time now, but I am getting a message indicating that it is "Read Only" I believe this may be because another user has the file opened. Is there a way to view a list of people who may be accessing the database at the current time? I've got the file open, and I am the only one listed as having accessed the DB. What else could be causing this DB to be read only?? "scubadiver" wrote: > > An .ldb file is created in the same directory as the .mdb file when the > database is opened. >...

Matching databases
Hi, is there a way to match data from two excel workbooks based on a variable common in both workbooks? This is very common task in database software like filemaker but I have not figured out how to do it in excel yet. ex. I have two databases in excels containing two different kind of data (i.e adress and phonenumber)for the same subject (i.e name). How do I create a crossreference between the two databases that finds the right adressa and phonenumber for each unique name? Regards Jonas Jonas, Use a VLOOKUP formula - see help for more on how - and set the fourth optional parameter ...

Linked Table in Access database
I have a Bluetooth enabled Laptop & I have 2 Bluetooth enabled mobiles named as AX1 & AY1 My Laptop display these mobiles in main window of Bluetooth as follows AX1 AY1 I am aware that Bluetooth has device list(a data list like table) & the same is dispayed in main window(like a form). My question is how to link this device list in my Microsoft Access database table? hi Ο "apcalogic" <apcalogic@discussions.microsoft.com> έγραψε στο μήνυμα news:F6B834B0-9C8E-49B6-8061-CC3E348D023A@microsoft.com... > > I have a Bluetooth enabled Laptop &a...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Database Read Only. Help !!!
We are having a very perculiar problem with an access database file. The file is one the server and pretty much everyone can one it from the server except for one particular person. And she is the one would needs this file because she is responsible for update the database. The file opens as "Database is read only" on her computer. She has R/W access to the folder and the file is not protected, at least not yet, because everyone else can open it without any problem. Any ideas, as to the source of the issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. I've heard of c...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

OUtlook send / receive hangs
When I hit Outlook send/receive all, it hangs. It will never complete the send/receive.I have rebooted several times. Any ideas? ...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

Entourage hangs on downloading email from server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Suddenly, it connects to the server and shows that it has 5 messages to download, but it just hangs there. I've checked the list of messages on the service and none have large attachments; I've even deleted them all. . still nothing. ...

Database Files Directory
Hello everyone, I have created a database and everything is working fine. I just would like to access directory contents and displayed then in a form. For example I have records that I have saved/scan to a particular directory now I would like to see then on the bottom of the form. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance, JM See: List files recursively - List files in a folder and subfolders at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than...

Outlook 2003 hangs here and there
Hi All, Outlook will randomly hang/pause while opening, sending, viewing different folders etc. We're using Outlook 2003 with SP3 in cached mode Kaspersky Antivirus for workstations 6.0.4.1424 (without mail scanning installed) and Exchange 2003 SP2. Computer has Win XP Pro SP3, 2GB ram. Mailbox is about 3GB in size. Also the user has an iphone/mobile me, although I don't know why that would have anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thank you for your help, Danny -- dannyboybx http://forums.slipstick.com Danny, I have similar issues accessing: 3 Hotmail accts...