Custom Zoom Form Not Updating Data

I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that control.
Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually update
the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this, but
my searching isn't finding it again.
The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name
    strTitle = Me!Label16.Caption
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_exp_txt", , , , , , strZoomPar
    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text0") = Me.ActiveControl
    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
End Sub

ondvirg

If you use the Access Zoom box, you won't have that problem. If you have a
slick form that you want to keep, have a look at the way the code works in
my calendar form. Patterning your form on the way that it works should be
your ticket.

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Calendar2K.zip
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"ondvirg via AccessMonster.com" <u45813@uwe> wrote in message
>I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
> custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that
> control.
> Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually
> update
> the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this,
> but
> my searching isn't finding it again.
> The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
>    strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name
>    strTitle = Me!Label16.Caption
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_exp_txt", , , , , , strZoomPar
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text0") = Me.ActiveControl
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
> End Sub

Arvin
2/12/2010 3:35:07 AM
Here's an untested and undocumented example:
    http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/ZoomBox2000.zip

Should work with Access 2000 or later.

> I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
> custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that
> control.
> Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually
> update
> the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this,
> but
> my searching isn't finding it again.
> The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
>    strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name
>    strTitle = Me!Label16.Caption
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_exp_txt", , , , , , strZoomPar
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text0") = Me.ActiveControl
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
> End Sub

0
Allen
2/12/2010 5:02:34 AM
Thanks guys for both responses. They were very helpful. I settled on Allen's
code and it works perfectly. Thanks again

Allen Browne wrote:
>Here's an untested and undocumented example:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/ZoomBox2000.zip
>
>Should work with Access 2000 or later.
>
>> I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
>> custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
>> End Sub

ondvirg

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

Outlook forms #4
I have a series of related forms. The replies are associated in the actions menu but when they are published to a public folder the reply will not open initially. They are hidden so users cannot open them first to load them. My agency is one of many on the exchange server so I cannot use the organizational library. I thought about sending them to all our users as an .oft file so they can publish them to their personal library but not all users would be able to accomplish this with their technical knowledge. Any ideas on how to make them available to 475 users? ...

Charting data as 'boxes'
Hi All I have an x-y chart (y is a date axis) and a series of events happening along the x-axis. The x-axis is the position along a datum, and I'd like to show a 'box' starting at one x value through to a second x-value to define where the event is happening; then the top and bottom of the box define the start and finish dates. I can store the data in a table easily enough, [ID;Startx;Endx;Starty;Endy] but is it then possible to use it to define the four corners of a box and get it to draw a series of 'boxes' on a chart ?? Hope this makes sense ! Regards John P J...

Failed Recent Updates and Error Code 80070490
Since yesterday my computer and me have been trying to install two Vista updates: Security Updates for Windows Vista (KB967723) and Updates for windows Vista (KB972145) and I get the Error Found Code 80070490 I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Please advise. Hello Octavio, 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND Corrupted System File; Need to perform an in-place upgrade or reinstall of the OS. How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833> Tell...

Managing LP, DP, scroll and zoom with selection
Hello, This is a thorny GUI/mouse interaction issue I've been working on for a while, but haven't been able to come up with an elegant approach yet (let alone one that works). I am using a class derived from CScrollView. Basically my view consists of a set of rectangular widget boxes, and a series of arrows connecting them. The boxes and the arrows can each be selected and moved around (via the use of two respective tracker classes)...(if you can imagine the functionality, this is kind of like a class diagram or flowchart in Visio). The intended functionality is to allow the user ...

Changing a custom field length
We have created a custom section and there is a field (in that custom section) whose length has to be changed from 100 to 500 of nvarchar datatype, but the interface does not allow more than 100 for nvarchar. I couldnt modify the format of textbox to textarea as it is disabled nor i can change the datatype to another datatype. can anybody please help me with this?? Affy Unfortunately you'll have to recreate the field, as you can neither increse the length of a text field nor change it's format after it's been created. Then there's a question of what to do with any existing...

Transfer form data
In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to Excel. I would prefer not to create an Access report and then use "Publish with MS Word". This method does NOT faithfully reproduce the report. Thanks -- Shell "Shell" wrote: > In access 2000, how do I transfer form data to MS Word?. I would like to use > something like transferSpreadsheet which I use often to transfer data to > Excel. > > I would prefer not to create an Access report and then us...

Data Markers
Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on that cell? For example if the data in column c is being plotted and the conditional formatting I have on the cells are if column D = "Y" can I have it so that those markers are plotted with a circle marker and the rest with a square marker? Thanks! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page for conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ivy_gayle wrote: > Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on > that cell? For exampl...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....

Problems XSLT Transformation of XML Data to EXCEL 2000
Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels version is in Office 2000 and also its works fine if the Office Excel Version 2002 and up when attachment file is open via browser the data is in a single line of string in the first row of the excel worksheet Glenn Gomez wrote: > Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am > having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels > version is in Office 2000 > >...

How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c
Hello, I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c. I know how to read it with char mode. What I want to know is read it with binary mode. Are there any good person help me? Let me know if you have a good sample source. Thanks and have a nice day. ...

Migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0
Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate data from 1.2 SBS to 3.0 Professional after doing all the required mappings ? Is there an easier way to have data from 1.2 SBS moved to 3.0 Professional? Unfortunately you cannot move data between deployments. You can only upgrade the existing CRM 1.2 deployment to 3.0. There is no 1.2 SBS Edition, so you may have to redeploy the 1.2 environment to a new place, then upgrade the system. -- Laszlo Kovacs MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master "Jij" wrote: > Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate d...

Outlook 2003 Forms Problem
Whenever I try to open or design a form, Outlook keeps asking me to open another data file. It appears as if it thinks the default library is in another (older) data file. I have tried clearing the forms cache, renaming frmcache.dat, etc. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thanks. What is the exact text of the error message?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

Select records with form driven input
I know this one is really dumb, but i can't seem to get the technique to work. Tables: MERIT BADGES containg a list of merit badges, SCOUT_ID containg info on personal, MB_RESOLVER conatins links between a Merit Badge and a Scout ID. So a Scout_ID can counsel many merit badges and a Merit badge can be Counseled by many Scout_ID's. Form: I would like a form that allows a Scout to select a Merit Badge (from a list box) and retrive all Counselors (by Scout ID) that work with that merit badge. Query: I have a query that retrives all records and required information. I ...

Outlook Zoom
This just happened... I have a user and his default zoom went from 100% to 75%. He is using the Word editor and I went into Word and checked the default zoom there and it was 100%. I checked under tools and there was nothing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I need to get him back to 100% as a default. Thanks. Try searching for a file called NORMAL.DOT. Then delete all instances that you find. This file will be rebuilt the next time the client opens Word (or Outlook). It could be that the default template that Word uses got a little messed up. The NORMAL.DOT is the default template. -- Nikki Peter...

How to zoom Excel generated webpage to fit a smaller frame size
Dear all, I am using Excel to generate HTML pages for posting on web. However, I would like to 'zoom' the web page to a smaller size to fit a smaller frame size. Do you know of a quick way to do so? If possible, I would like to look for a way to fit the Excel generated web page for different frame size. TIA. ...

#N/A And Data Labels
I created a bar graph, for each month I am displaying three items. For future months I use the value #N/A so the graph will ignore it. My problem is that the data label picks up the #N/A rather than the correct value for the last month. For example if my values are Jan=2, Feb=3, Mar=5 and Apr to Dec = #N/A, the graph prints correctly, but the Data Labels show Jan=2, Feb=3, Mar=#N/A. Any thoughts, thanks Hi Bruce, The #N/A data labels will all be clustered around the bar with the last value, in your case Mar. I think you will find Mar data label is there but covered. To get the dat...

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

Promote Form Properties Greyed Out
Hi I have created a form in infopath 2007 that is to be emailed and I would like to be able to view the properties I have selected in the form folder. I can see the headings of the properties but none of the data is being shown. When I right click on the form folder there is a check box that reads "Promote form properties and display the data as columns in a new view" however this option is greyed out. I have tried creating a Personal Files Folder but the check box still does not become available. Is there a workaround for this or another way for the data to be shown in...

Migrate data from one CRM server to another
Hello, I need to install a portuguese version of microsoft crm, but actually, we have a english version, and with much data like accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc... inserted. I try to use de redeployment tool to install the portuguese version and import our data, but on the install of microsoft crm portuguese version, I got a error saying that SQL not match the correct version, and don=B4t let setup continue the installation.... maybe a bug.... So, what I need to do is export ALL (or almost all) data from the english version, uninstall crm, reinstall the portuguese version and import ...

Rounding decimal values in forms and reports
Just for your information: Some months ago I asked a question about decimals in presentation of numerical fields in forms and reports. Now I just happened to bump into an answer myself, which seems to help me in most cases. A numerical value (long real, double precision) has maybe 15 decimals. If the field in the form or report isn't wide enough to show all 15 decimals, it just shows #####. What I asked about some months ago was a method to show the value with just as many decimals, as there is room for. Now it seems, that if I make a calculation in a field of the select que...

Update values in close opportunity form
Hi, I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity form. I want to add/remove the values in the status reason field Is there any way I can do this? Thanks Eddie Not using the default crm forms. You have to build a custom aspx page calling the webservice for this. The CRM SDK has some details on this look for the SetStatusRequest -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "eddieg@uniqueworld.net" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to update the values in the drop down of the close opportunity > form. I want to add/rem...

Remove sort and filters programmatically on form
I have a form based on a 2 table query. User will use shortcut menu to filter records down to what they want to work on and sort accordingly. I have a button to remove all filters but I also want to remove any sorts that were applied and I can't seem to get that part to work. I use the following to remove all the filters. I just need help with the code to get the form back to the original underlying query sort. On_Click event of button control Me.Filter = "" FilterOn = False Like I said, this brings back all records but the sort stays. I am using Access 200...

Windows Update Does Not Recognize Administrator
Vista SP1. I just completed many updates from the Windows update site. With several non critical ones left, I went back to finish. Now I can't download / install because it says I need Administrator permission. I checked user accounts and of course there is only one account listed and it being administrator, which I'm logged in on. I tried changing the account and it recognizes me as an administrator and allowed me to make changes. Applications requiring administrator work just fine but the update site does not :( As per an earlier post I read here, I ran Update Agent 3, s...