Custom Zoom Form Not Updating Data

I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that control.
Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually update
the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this, but
my searching isn't finding it again.
The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name
    strTitle = Me!Label16.Caption
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_exp_txt", , , , , , strZoomPar
    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text0") = Me.ActiveControl
    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
End Sub

ondvirg

If you use the Access Zoom box, you won't have that problem. If you have a
slick form that you want to keep, have a look at the way the code works in
my calendar form. Patterning your form on the way that it works should be
your ticket.

http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Calendar2K.zip
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"ondvirg via AccessMonster.com" <u45813@uwe> wrote in message
>I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
> custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that
> control.
> Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually
> update
> the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this,
> but
> my searching isn't finding it again.
> The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
>    strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name
>    strTitle = Me!Label16.Caption
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_exp_txt", , , , , , strZoomPar
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text0") = Me.ActiveControl
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
> End Sub

Arvin
2/12/2010 3:35:07 AM
Here's an untested and undocumented example:
    http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/ZoomBox2000.zip

Should work with Access 2000 or later.

> I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
> custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that
> control.
> Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually
> update
> the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this,
> but
> my searching isn't finding it again.
> The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
>    strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name
>    strTitle = Me!Label16.Caption
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_exp_txt", , , , , , strZoomPar
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text0") = Me.ActiveControl
>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
> End Sub

0
Allen
2/12/2010 5:02:34 AM
Thanks guys for both responses. They were very helpful. I settled on Allen's
code and it works perfectly. Thanks again

Allen Browne wrote:
>Here's an untested and undocumented example:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/unlinked/ZoomBox2000.zip
>
>Should work with Access 2000 or later.
>
>> I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a
>> custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>    Forms("frm_exp_txt").Controls("text5") = strTitle
>> End Sub

ondvirg

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Word Form Send To function dropping activeX controls
Hey all...new to the forum but i have a question i hope can be answere here. I work in a large Telecom/IP/Voice network managment center and we hav recently implemented a "network report" that needs to be completed b each shift telling the next shift what the overall health of th network, and alerting the next crew to any potential issues. Problem is this. I have 3 checkboxes at the top of the form t indicate what shift the form is for. We edit the form in Word and the file>send to mail recipient, and the text shows up but the check boxe are gone. If i send as attachment the...

Data validation through code
Hi Experts, You know that DATA VALIDATION works only in case of entering values in cells by typing (prvents entering wrong values). It does not work in case of pasting. It also does not work in case of cells having formula. I read in some books that we can use worksheet_Change event or worksheet_Calculate to validate data through code. But code can validate data only after cell is changed. It means we can not prevent wrong entries, we also can not restore original values. Please tell me, is my conception right? or is there any way to handle this problem. Regards, Diva You are right that Exce...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Portfolio Updates
Some items in my portfolio are now updating but others are not......... so i still contend the problem is not at home. I agree. Same thing happening to me. See continuation of my post/replies below. Thanks for the reply. -- George "phiddy" <nospam@cox.net> wrote in message news:004101c38f4a$82fd3510$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Some items in my portfolio are now updating but others are > not......... so i still contend the problem is not at home. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus...

Parsing inconsistent data
I'm using Access 2000. I have a names field that has inconsistent data in it. Sometimes it only has a FirstName and a LastName, and sometimes it also has a middle initial with or without a period after it: FirstName MI LastName. I'm currently parsing the field into FirstName and LastName by taking the first name from the left, and the last name from the right. FirstName: Trim(Left([CustomerName],InStr([CustomerName]," "))) LastName: Trim(Mid([CustomerName],InStrRev([CustomerName]," ")+1)) I'd like to know how I can parse out the middle initial, or the middle...

importing e mail data into calender
how do i set e mail to auto import all calender appointment request e mails directly into my calender?? -- sg Microsoft sez: "Soon after a meeting request arrives in your Inbox, a piece of Outlook code — nicknamed the "sniffer" — automatically adds the meeting to your calendar and marks it as tentative. This is a fail-safe to keep you from missing the meeting in case you don't see the request in your Inbox. However, the sniffer doesn't reply to the meeting organizer. You still need to do that by accepting, accepting as tentative, or declining the re...

modal options. my form open behind the form.
Hi. In the switchboad I have two buttons to open my FormA. From Form A can open FormB. Those two buttons in switchboard. has different methods to open FormA. Button1 opens the form in Add mode. Button2 opens the form in Edit mode with data. In the FormA I can insert records in a table. After I insert a record on FormA I press button that in there, called Button3. When I press Button3 from FormA I open FormB. My problem is that when I open FormA in Add mode the FormB opens behind FormA but if I open FormA in Edit mode the FormB opens in Front/ onTop of FormA. What can I do to make F...

Access 2007 FORM Copy
How do you copy a FORM from one table to another table (identically structured) in the same ACCESS 2007 database? The copies I'm making now stay associated with the original database and I don't see how to make them relate to the second table. Thanks. Dennis, You seem to mix up the things a little. Do you make a copy of a form in the same database and want it to be connected to table two? In that case change the recordsource of the form in designview and set it to the second table. If you have to do this in another database the technique is basicly the same... -- Maurice Aus...

Resorting Data- Help!!
Hello!! Hope you can help! I am working on this large restaurant spreadsheet (with name, phone number, hours, type of food, ect), and each time after I was done working on it I would save it alphabetically. Now I have 1059 different restaurants. When I would sort alphabetically I would highlight the whole spreadsheet and push the A-Z button, not knowing that each column would sort indiviually. Now none of my restaurants have the correct information (none of the rows match up). So, I was wondering if there is a way I can go back and resort the information back into the order that I ente...

Entry data sheet automaticlly updates or adds data to differant sh
I have a workbook with several sheets these sheets are all the same eccept for the title. Colunms are Name, heat one, heat two, heat three, total. then I have a sheet that the colunms are Name, total How can I make the last sheet with the Name, and total more automatated. I would like for the Name colunm to be a dropdown of some sort to where it looks at all the other sheets for names when you see the name you want you click it. it then fills in the field with that name and puts the total from the sheet where the name came from in the total field. I could provide the xls file if ...

combo box on unbound form
Hi, I have an unbound form, frmClients, interacting with class Clients. On the form I have a combo box, cboNationality, based on tblNationalities but I can't make it work. Do I need to also create a class for nationalities and then create a parent child relationship with class Client? I am new to classes, this is my first attempt, and so far I have really followed a recipe from a book. Unfortunately the book doesn't explain what happens in this case. Thanks in advance, George Sounds like you need a TABLE of clients (and a bound form) why are you using a class? "George&quo...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

DoCmd.TransferDatabase import "FORMS"
I am trying to import new forms into a database using the following vb code. Of course it doesn't work. Any help here would really be appreicated; DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Folder\DBname.mdb", acForm, "FrmName, frmName" Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 "FrmName, frmName" should be FrmName, frmName Pieter "CWH via AccessMonster.com" <u31211@uwe> wrote in message news:7a119afee29c8@uwe... >I am trying to import ne...

update will keep installing the same file over and over
The file has been sucessfully installed 20 times according to my update history. I have used the malware removal tool and antispyware and antivirus and nothing was found. I have turned off the auto update as this is driving me crazy. I could not install it in safe mode. Anyone have a solution? The 2 update files are KB 954430 and KB973688, but I doubt that makes a difference as others have had the same problem, but no one has a solution yet. These files demand a reboot after install. Security updates for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 may repeatedly appear in t...

Customer Report

Close two forms at once?
I have two forms that open up in succession and stay visible together as part of my invoice creation process. When we have finished editing the second form, I want to have a single Close button that will close both forms with one click. Assuming that we're talking about Form1 and Form2, how would I code this, please? Many thanks CW Private Sub CloseTwoForms_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "Form1" DoCmd.Close acForm, "Form2" End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster....

GPS Customization Query