Custom menu: action is not trigger

Hi,
For the first time I am developping an Access application with a
custom toolbar (menu) at the top. I have found various posting or web
sites where people explain how to do the setup. In fact, I have
followed the instructions coming from this web site.
http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/articles/menubars.html

When my application opens, I can see my custom menu at the top of the
form. My problem is the following: when I click on an item in the
menu, nothing happen !!! I have double-ckeck and I have really
associated an action to the menu item. In fact I have tried to
associate the menu item to a macro. And I have also tried to associate
it to a function inside my Module.

Please I need help !!! I can't see what am I doing wrong.

I don't know if it can help but I found strange that if I click on the
right mouse button, I can a menu with the following elements:
 - Form View
 - Formating (is checked)
 - Web
 - Customize ...

0
Magnolia

I would say that 90% of my custom menu bars call, and run my VBA code.

All you need to do is make the code (a function) public, and then simply
place the function name in the buttons on-action event code.

Further, likely often you will have specific code to a particular form, and
once again, you simply declare those functions (in that form) as public.

The syntax to call the code then is:

=YourFunctionName()

Often, (if not most of the time), you code you call will need to pick up
some information about he current screen etc. So, my code most of the time
starts out, and grabs the current screen name. I use:

Public Function AskInvoicePrint()

   Dim tblgroupid    As Long
   Dim frmActive     As Form

   Set frmActive = Screen.ActiveForm

   tblgroupid = frmActive.frmMainClientB.Form!ID

   If frmActive.InvoiceNumber = 0 Then
      frmActive.InvoiceNumber = nextinvoice
      frmActive.Refresh
   End If

   DoCmd.OpenForm "guiInvoicePrint", , , "id = " & tblgroupid

End Function

The above is code that the invoice print button runs. note how I right away
pick up the active form. After that, I can easily ref the forms object as if
the code was running much like the code would if put behind a button on the
form. In the above example, I also check if a invoice xnumber has been
generated before printing. And, the Refresh forces a disk write if in fact I
do change the invoice number. And, in addition the above clip also passes
the currently selected sub-form item that the invoice print form needs.

Also, if the code you write is for the particular form, then as mentioned,
you can simply place the code into the forms module code. There is no need
to pick up the active screen...and you can use me. as you
always used.

If you want to see some sample menu bars, and why I use them, you can read
the following:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/UseAbility/UserFriendly.htm

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

Dropdown Menu for Individual Stocks Missing from Money 2007?
Older versions of MS Money had a dropdown menu on the details page of a stock, fund, bond, etc., which listed every other holding I had or had so I could go from one to another quite easily. 2007 does not seem to have this feature. In order to go to the details page of a stock, for instance, I have to go to the Account, then find the stock and then go to the details. If it is a stock in a closed account, or if I don't remember what account the stock is in, I wouldn't know how to get to the details page. Can anyone elaborate on this? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY ...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

No right knob mouse menu in Word 2010 Beta
In text, tables and formulas the right knob mouse menu doesn't work. Only on pictures or images in the document it works correct. If you release the mouse knob, the menu flashed up a moment. I have a normal mouse on a desktop PC with Windows 7. I have tried other mouses, but I'd the same problem. There is no problem in any other application, older office programs or another office 2010 beta program. ...

Customize Does not WOrk

Outlook 98 W2K
Hi.. We are running office 97 with outlook 98 on Windows 2000 If the user is configured as a power user for the PC they have all of the options visible on the actions menu. If they are a normal user then the actions menu options with one blank line and nothing else. We have given the users full access to the Office directories off program files and also full access to HKLM\Software\micosoft\office areas in the registry. As an organisation we have a policy of not making users power users. Does any one have any suggestions? Hello, We had this same exact promblem at our work. Yo...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Customer Report

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

GPS Customization Query

Custom X-axis

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

How do I create the correct size/type custom icon for custom entit
Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or clipped around the side or far too small. Thanks for your help You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls. To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it. Hope this helps. I...

When Drawing the menu , How to remove the shadow of menu ?
recent, when own-draw the menu, can't remove the shadow of menu? I know that many software have done it well. I hook the message and find the window of menu, which class name is "#32768", but I didn't find the way to remove the shadow on the right of menu and below the bottom of menu? And I also want to know how to draw the arrow before sub menu? I draw the menu in the function DrawItem, but the default draw of arrow always show . You could remove the CS_DROPSHADOW style from your menu window class, but that would affect all menus in the session I think. Its better to make...

Customizations not working
I added a few items to the industry drop-down box for Accounts and Leads. I save them, but they do not show up under the account's drop-down menus. If I go back into the settings, they are there. Am I missing a step? Tareef Hi Tareff - You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager And once you have published the customisations, run IISRESET on the CRM server "warrior2k@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Tareff - > > You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager > > Hi, Using Deployment Manager, publish your contents, Also take the ...