copy properties Under forms

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties.
I've checked the access help but can't find anything there.

This is what i want to do.

I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information
in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another
tab on a form.

Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of
manual work by going into each text or label box.

I hope this makes sense.

thanks for you help in advance.

Keith

When you copy a control, everything about the copy should be identical to
the original except for the name.

Perhaps you can give a little more information about what problems you're
encountering.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"umpire_43" <umpire43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties.
> I've checked the access help but can't find anything there.
>
> This is what i want to do.
>
> I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other
> information
> in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to
> another
> tab on a form.
>
> Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of
> manual work by going into each text or label box.
>
> I hope this makes sense.
>
> thanks for you help in advance.
>
> Keith

0
Douglas
3/13/2008 9:13:31 PM
Hi Douglas.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thats what i thought but i thought the name might also come over too with
the copying.

thanks again

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> When you copy a control, everything about the copy should be identical to
> the original except for the name.
>
> Perhaps you can give a little more information about what problems you're
> encountering.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "umpire_43" <umpire43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties.
> > I've checked the access help but can't find anything there.
> >
> > This is what i want to do.
> >
> > I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other
> > information
> > in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to
> > another
> > tab on a form.
> >
> > Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of
> > manual work by going into each text or label box.
> >
> > I hope this makes sense.
> >
> > thanks for you help in advance.
> >
> > Keith

Every control on a form must have a unique name. The fact that you're using
tabs does not change that.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

> Hi Douglas.
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Thats what i thought but i thought the name might also come over too with
> the copying.
>
> thanks again
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> When you copy a control, everything about the copy should be identical to
>> the original except for the name.
>>
>> Perhaps you can give a little more information about what problems you're
>> encountering.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>

>> "umpire_43" <umpire43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying
>> > properties.
>> > I've checked the access help but can't find anything there.
>> >
>> > This is what i want to do.
>> >
>> > I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other
>> > information
>> > in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to
>> > another
>> > tab on a form.
>> >
>> > Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot
>> > of
>> > manual work by going into each text or label box.
>> >
>> > I hope this makes sense.
>> >
>> > thanks for you help in advance.
>> >
>> > Keith

0
Douglas

Combo-box in Sub-form
Could you please help me with a problem I have with Access 2003? I am not very experienced with Access; I have done a college course at Level 2 (CLAIT Plus), so I know the basics but this has got me stumped. My database is for my CD collection. I use a Main Form for data entry which contains details of Artist, Album Title, Number, Music Category etc. In the Artist and Misic Category fields I use a Combo-box which holds all previously entered names in a drop-down list. If a new name is required I double-click on the box and enter the name in the linked form. Within the Mai...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Detecting Shift key when form is opened
What is the best way to tell if the Shift key is held down when a form is opened? The form is being opened from a toolbar. I don't want to react to the Shift key's being pressed after the form is opened. I only want to react if the Shift key was being held down when the toolbar option was clicked. Also, is there a way to do this for reports? Thanks in advance. James ...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Access between property pages
I have a property sheet with a bunch of property pages on. On some of them I have a TreeList control derived from CListCtrl. What I want to accomplish is this: When a user right-mouse-button-click's on a row in one of the TreeList's, he should have an option to create a new row in a TreeList located on another property page. Some information from the current row should also be passed to the newly created one. How should this be done? All my attempts so far has only resulted in "Fatal Error", "Illegal use..." and so on. Urban Olars wrote: > I have a pro...

subtotal copy and paste

Date add Criteria on Continuous Form
All, thank you for all the previouis help. currently i have a form has three fileds to tracks letter "Recieve", "ResponseDue", and "Respond." on the recieve text box's afterupdate event i have:Me.ResponseDue = DateAdd("d", 30, Me.Recieve). what i need is that on the first letter, the minimum date, if an the main form the criteria is "NMA" that the date add be 60. thank you for the help in advance. AC2007/XP. Tighe - The easiest way is to Dim an integer variable and use that. Try this: Dim AddDays as Integer If Par...

Copying graphs

MFC application using properysheet and property page do not pop up when navigating between propertypages
Hi, I created a modeless propertysheet, i have added propertypages, when the application is launched the dialog appears on the screen, when i select any page and launch a browser so that the my application is hidden behind the launched browser, now wheen i click on the application in task bar tha dialog is not shown on the dialog.. can anyone help me in this regard. ...

form creation
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and new to Outlook as well. I have a questio that might be rather simple. I need to create a form where the user ca enter data in fields. There are some fields in that form that othe users need to fill out. for that, the form should be sent to thos users through Outlook )as an attachment?). I have no idea on how to proceed. So any help would be greatel appreciated. Thanks a lo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Start at ht...

Create Form with Dropdown Combo Box
I want to create a form with dropdown combobox based off the Company Names. So, eVerytime i click on any of the companies it will populate the appropriate financial results for the two most recent quarters. I have a query result that shows Company Names with their Financial Information that they file quarterly. Some of the Companies shows more than two quarters of results. What is the best way and how to do it to show only two recent months. Thank you, Jay ...

Copying Views

Custom Form Property, Parameter Query Access 2007 Problem
In most of my Access Forms I create a custom form property like the following: Form called "fMgr" Public Property Let prpAssignEventGroup(ByVal v As Long) iAssignEventGroup = v End Property Public Property Get prpAssignEventGroup() As Long prpAssignEventGroup = iAssignEventGroup End Property Then in my query I create a parameter like the following: [Forms]![fMgr].[prpAssignEventGroup] here is the SQL: PARAMETERS [Forms]![fMgr].[prpAssignEventGroup] Long; SELECT tEventGrpsAssgn.* FROM tEventGrpsAssgn WHERE tEventGrpsAssgn.EGRP_ID=[Forms]![fMgr].[prpAssi...

Form opening in edit mode
I have a form that is based on a query. The query extracts the master list from the tool master. My understanding was that since the form is based on query it would be read only. This is not happening . The form can be edited. I need the user to view the form in read only. I tried opening the form using a macro as read only but i have a filter option set and if i set read only the filter does not work. what can I do to have the form work as readonly and have the filter on. I had used the FindAsUtype from Allen Browne example. thanks in advance. In the form set the AllowEdits Propert...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

Designing a Contact form in OL03
If one designs a custom form for contacts in OL2003 and uses that form rather than the default form, will that limit the functionality of OL2003? Does anyone know one or more good websites to teach how to design a form in OL 2003? Limit? No, the purpose of customizing forms is adding functionality (although you can of course remove functionality as well) See http://www.outlookcode.com for more information about form design in Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New ...