Control visability of Label on a report

I have a label box on a report that I have set as Visable=NO.
However when a check box on the form generating the report is checked I want
to change the visability of that label on the report to YES.

Hope I said that clearly enough.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave

0
Dave

On Jun 7, 11:14 am, "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote:
> I have a label box on a report that I have set as Visable=NO.
> However when a check box on the form generating the report is checked I want
> to change the visability of that label on the report to YES.
>
> Hope I said that clearly enough.
>
> Any help here will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

Hi, Dave,

Use the On Format event in the section of your report where the label
appears for you code.

You will have to fully reference the control on your form that has the
checkbox, something like (air code but pretty close):

if Forms![NameOfYourForm]![NameOfChkBox]  = true then
        me.NameOfLabel.visible = true
else
        me.NameOfLabel.visible = false
end if

HTH

Mr. B

0
Mr
6/7/2007 4:42:19 PM
Its a beautiful thing.

Did not see an "On Format" event for the Report but I put it in the "On
Open" even of the report and it works great.

Thanks - much appreciated

Dave

"Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message
>I have a label box on a report that I have set as Visable=NO.
> However when a check box on the form generating the report is checked I
> want to change the visability of that label on the report to YES.
>
> Hope I said that clearly enough.
>
> Any help here will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

0
Dave

Windows 7 Ultimate Office 2003 Valid Key Reported Invalid
I have just bought a new Dell system with Windows 7 Ultimate installed. I have a full install CD of Office 2003. When I try to install it I get an invalid key message even though the key is correct. I have re-verified the key through using Belarc on my old computer, and I have tried copying the files to disk and installing from there. There is no doubt the key is valid. Obviously, there is something system-wise that is causing this not to work. Is this an OEM or Home Use copy of Office 2003? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

Use the Windows task scheduler to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com please do not post the same message in multiple newsgroups at different times, thank you this is posted and answered in: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMVP.com/st...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

CRM Throws Exception when trying to add report
When I try to add a newly written report to CRM it gives me a really strange error. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what the cause of the error is. I've tried adding the report to a new project, changing datasources, renaming, everything I can think of, but I'm still getting an error when trying to add. I can add other reports to the system successfully just not this new one. Thanks for your help! Steve Here's the error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object refe...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

How do I create mail merge labels from excel.
Whatever I try, I am unable to open the data source. Jackie, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "jackie" <jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

How to change labels on axis?
I have a column bar chart in Excell 2007. The labels on my bars contain the text of each cell for that bar. These are currently stock symbols. I'd like to put the symbol in parenthesis and append the stock name. How can that be done? Easiest would be to replace the cells that contain the stock symbols with what you want to show. On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:09:16 -0700 (PDT), Dan <account@cygen.com> wrote: I have a column bar chart in Excell 2007. The labels on my bars contain the text of each cell for that bar. These are currently stock symbols. I'd like to put the symbol in ...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

Use VBA to design Excel report
Hello - I've got an Access application that uses VBA to programmatically create a series of Excel reports. I'm having a little trouble formatting the cells correctly. The way you would code it in Excel isn't always working in Access. Does anyone know where I can find a good reference on the proper format? I've figured out basic font changes, but I'm having trouble with number formats and borders. Thanks! Sorry, I should also include sorting. Can't seem to get the wording correct for that either. Thanks again! "Michael" wrote: >...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

Another Customer Report question
I'm using RMS 2.0. Is there any way to pull a customer report that shows their shipping address? All I can find is a report that shows billing address. I'm just trying to get some basic marketing done and what to find out which customers are purchasing which products, and to what address I can send them information on new products. Why is this so difficult for me to do? With all the information being captured in RMS, you'd think simple reports such as these would be available. I looked through all my custom reports and partner source and unfortunately didn't find a...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

X Report Printing
Here's my problem... I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my office printer. It will print to the receipt printer but I would like to be able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper. Does anyone have a template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it will work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks! In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Receipt Formats, create a new format - call it something like "Full Page". Under "Receipt and Report templates", the last entry is labeled "Report" - click the magnifying glass to ...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

System Stability Report Won't Render
Hi All, Running Vista HB SP2. Performance Monitor and Reliability Monitor are running and generating data. When I click on an event in Reliability Monitor I get a pop-up message with a red X. Internet Explorer cannot download . (there is a space before the period) The system cannot find the file specified. Any idea what file it's looking for? ...

Watermark FRx reports
Is it possible to add a watermark to FRx reports? For instance, marking preliminary financials with DRAFT? Unfortenatley as I know you cannot! -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Susan" wrote: > Is it possible to add a watermark to FRx reports? For instance, marking > preliminary financials with DRAFT? ...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

Controls coordinates
Hi everyone, Could somebody give me a simple example of getting a controls coordinates and then using them to put the control back where it was. So basicaly the control hasn't moved. Here's what I'm doing: m_cQuality.GetWindowRect(&qualityRC); ClientToScreen(&qualityRC); // int temp=qualityRC.Height(); // qualityRC.top=unyteRC.bottom-temp; // qualityRC.right=qualityRC.Width(); // qualityRC.left=0; // qualityRC.bottom=qualityRC.top+temp; // m_cQuality.MoveWindow(&qualityRC); m_cQuality.SetWindowPos(this, qualityRC.left, qualityRC.top, qualityRC.Width(), qualityRC.He...