Control semi-colon stopped working

In Access 2000, Ctrl-semicolon used to insert the date and
Ctrl-Shift-semicolon used to insert the time.

In Access 2003, I get the error "The expression you entered has a function
name that Diamond cannot find".

How do I get this functionality back?

Thanks, Rob.

0
Rob

> How do I get this functionality back?

Sorted - it was a compilation problem as a result of the upgrade. Running
MSACCESS.EXE with /DECOMPILE fixed it.

Rob.

0
Rob
2/1/2008 1:08:02 PM
Isn't Diamond an add-in for using Access DBs with Delphi?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
2/1/2008 3:03:06 PM
> Isn't Diamond an add-in for using Access DBs with Delphi?

Very possibly but in this context, it's a job handling system we've written
ourselves in Access.

Cheers, Rob.

0
Rob

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

Task Reminders Not Working
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348751698_8380731 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit My task reminders just seem to have quit working. Do I have to set them all up again, or is there a way to rejuvenate the ones already there? --B_3348751698_8380731 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Task Reminders Not Work...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Entourage stops connecting with Exchange server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel From time to time Entourage does not seem to be able to connect to the Exchange server. Under Leopard this usually happens after I work offline for a while then attempt to go back online. Connection is across a VPN. It usually resolves itself after a while (typically 10 - 15 minutes). It's almost as if Entourage needs some time to think about whether or not it wants to talk to the Exchange server. I upgraded my O/S to Snow Leopard a few hours ago. And Entourage is still unable to connect to the Exchange server. In f...

CRM 1.2 email with PDF attachment does not work..
We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments. When the email arrives at its destination, the PDF file is still attached but it no longer has the PDF extension, so the user is prompted to select a program to use to open the file. We do not experience this with emails originating from Outlook. Has anybody else seen this issue, anybody got a workaround? TIA Gino Works ok on our end. Updates applied? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Gino" wrote: > We are having problems sending emails from CRM with PDF attachments. > When the email arrive...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Sounds stop working in Entourage 2008
I have installed Office 2008 on a fresh install of Leopard. After Entourage runs for a several minutes, the sounds stop functioning. If I close and reopen Entourage, it will produce sounds (send, receive mail, reminders, etc...) for several minutes, then no sounds until I restart Entourage. In article <ee8a2a8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, SKPnSF@officeformac.com wrote: > I have installed Office 2008 on a fresh install of Leopard. After Entourage > runs for a several minutes, the sounds stop functioning. If I close and > reopen Entourage, it will produce sounds (send, receiv...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

XSL Transform
I'm learning how to use the XSL transform functionality and can't get it to work. In a book I'm reading on it, it says that I can do like I did below and just add a value like <root_node/> in there and I should be able to transform any XML source document I have so that the results would simply contain <root_node/>. I wanted to try that, just so I could see if I understand how this is working and wrote the code and XSL file below. However, my value for szTransformedXML is always an empty string. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's a method I wrote ...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

CD plays 64 seconds and stops
I am on 64bit vista with mwp 11 (I think) When I play or rip a CD it plays 64 seconds and stops telling me it can't read the CD. The CD plays on other computers just fine. I would love to be able to listen to music. On Feb 5, 8:09=A0am, Clark <Cl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am on 64bit vista with mwp 11 (I think) > > When I play or rip a CD it plays 64 seconds and stops telling me it can't > read the CD. =A0The CD plays on other computers just fine. =A0I would lov= e to be > able to listen to music. I am also on a 64-bit Vista OS - ...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...

OWA doesn't work
Hello, I've setup a test W2k forest for testing recovery. The new forest has 1 domain controller and a new installation of Ex2k SP3 with Post SP3 rollup. None of the users can access their mailboxes through OWA, including the domain admin. Public folders are accessible through OWA. The error is "Error: Access is Denied." , after 3 failed attempts . Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Matt Here's the answer to my problem. I found it on MS Exchange Blog http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/ OWA and multiple SMTP domains If you configure your Exchange 2000 server to...

Controls coordinates
Hi everyone, Could somebody give me a simple example of getting a controls coordinates and then using them to put the control back where it was. So basicaly the control hasn't moved. Here's what I'm doing: m_cQuality.GetWindowRect(&qualityRC); ClientToScreen(&qualityRC); // int temp=qualityRC.Height(); // qualityRC.top=unyteRC.bottom-temp; // qualityRC.right=qualityRC.Width(); // qualityRC.left=0; // qualityRC.bottom=qualityRC.top+temp; // m_cQuality.MoveWindow(&qualityRC); m_cQuality.SetWindowPos(this, qualityRC.left, qualityRC.top, qualityRC.Width(), qualityRC.He...

Has anyone here created a control that controlled the content of other controls? I have my own custom ad control (for displaying space ads). I may have several on a page. What I'd like it to create another control that could determine how many instances of the first control existed on the current page, build a list of ads, and then set each control to show a particular ad. Is this practical? Suggestions? Thanks. Jonathan "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:uQ5stZRnKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone...

Controlling drawing objects in Excel . . .
i m trying to do the following. 1) i draw 10 circles, 10 rectangles and 10 ellipses (all are scattering here & there) in excel. 2) i would like to change all the sizes of circles with minimum steps. [Is it possible to control in such a way that a circle is drawn as a master one, and that circle will be copied and copied until required number. When we want to change something to all circles, we will change the master circle, and all other circles will be automatically changed.] If someone knows, kindly explain to me. Thanks & Have a nice day!!! Thaw Htin Oo. Thaw, (Oo?) One...

Need more than 1208 controls per sheet
Hi, Does anyone know how to go around the limitation of MS Excel, which doesn't let the user, through automation, to create more than 1208 controls (checkboxes, buttons, or combination of two for example) on one sheet?? Thanks much! -- mowali ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mowali's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20886 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491476 I don't know whether it is possible to overcome the limit, but I would not use a worksheet where the ...