combobox bookmark

Hi All,
I do use a combobox within my email form. This box lookes within a query for
a companyname and passes through the corresponding email address and
contactid.
I am able to use the information as I select the companyname through the
pull down menu.(after update)
strC = Me![ComboEmail].Column(2)
strB = Me![ComboEmail].Column(1)
strA = Me![ComboEmail].Column(0)
MsgBox "Combo tells strA (0) = " & strA & vbCrLf _
       & "Combo tells strB (1)= " & strB & vbCrLf _
       & "Combo tells strC (2)= " & strC
Me!EmailAddress.Value = strC
Me!EmailContactID.Value = strB
MsgBox "EmailAddressTO = " & Me.EmailAddress

However typing a part of the company name (the combobox) completes the name
and after pressing <enter> a msgbox tells me that all required values are
present.
but after I go to another field all values are set back to null.
Someway it does not remind the values. A next msgbox tells me that all
values are not present.

Anyone an idea how to make the combobox to remember the selected values?

Greetings,
Harry

combobox
hi i am trying to create a combobox containing a list of names i want the list to default to a "dummy" value when the workbook is opened How do i do this? thanks kevin You would need a macro for that, assume that you use the combo box from the control toolbox, and that the linked cell is A2 in Sheet2 Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2").Value = "Your_Dummy_Value" End Sub Right click the little excel icon to the left of the filemenu and select view code or press Alt + F11 and double click ThisWorkbook That's where the ma...

Requery combobox
I have a form that includes a combobox that has the following in its on enter event: Private Sub cbProjectPhase_Enter() Me.cbProjectPhase.Requery End Sub The query that is tied to this combox uses another field ("Cost Center") on this form as criteria to select records for this combobox. It works fine except when I go to the next record and click on that combobox it removes what is showing in the previous record's combobox's field because my selection "Cost Center" is different this time. I understand why this happens but I don't know how to get around it. I...

Populate combobox
Hello Why doesn't this populate my ActiveX combobox? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Dim row As Integer ' Make sure the RowSource property is empty Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "" Sheet1!ComboBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!A1:A12" ' Add some items to the ActiveX combobox For row = 1 To 12 Sheet1!ComboBox1.AddItem Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(row, 1) Next row End Sub Change the exclamation point (!) to a period (.) after Sheet1 everywhere except in the row source reference that is within the quote marks. &quo...

Help With Simple Combobox Programming
I have a combo box on sheet1. When the user clicks on the combo box the first time ( it gets focus ) It should add/load all items from sheet2 column A. Now when the user selects from the combobox that item should be copied/placed on sheet1.A5 similarly the next item selected in the combo box should be placed below A6 and so on How can this be accomplished with code thx Hi, Use code like that : Private Sub cboIn_Click() Dim intR As Integer intR = Range("a4").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Range("a4").Offset(intR, 0).Value = cboIn.Value End Sub Priv...

Help with ComboBox
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet using a ComboBox that allows selection of one of several sets of data. Each set is a 3 column row of data. I have the following properties set: BoundColumn: 2 TextColumn: 1 When a selection is made the ComboBox displays the column 1 value. The ComboBox seems to behave normally, except that when I close and open the file the combox initially displays the value of column 2 (instead of column 1). When a new selection is made it goes back to displaying the column 1 data. Shouldn't it always display the data as assigned by TextColu...

combobox into another combobox
i got 2 combo boxes in a worksheet. i want to link the 2 combo boxes together. combo2 will depend on which is selected to the combo1. eg: combo1 - accessories, card, ram list in combo2 will vary on the item selected from the combo1. let say: combo1 - accessories have been selected combo2 - slot fan, usb to ps2 convertor. can someone helps me!!! thxns in advance Hi Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for lots of information on Data Validation http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html and for the section using Combo boxes http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- Regards ...

Filling More than one field a combobox selection
I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table What I would like to do is for the user to look up Suburb by typing into the combo box and populate the state and postcode fields on selection. Am I going about this the right way? See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you need. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Avid Fan" wrote: > I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode > > Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table > &...

combobox in vista
hi , guys i meet the the same issue with below http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=ComboBox+in+vista&lang=en&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.platformsdk.shell&p=1&tid=9d3eeb9e-54d2-457d-8fc0-2473b2e2b203 who can tell me how to solve this question, or must wait the next version of mfc welcome any idea. thanks in advance. Doesnt the workaround as mentioned in the thread work for you? -- Ajay "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9722557-9FD2-4193-AE3C-AED94F3162CA@microso...

Cascading comboboxes in datasheet, is it possible?
I have 3 tables: 1) Table Projects with autonumber primary key ProjectID, ProjectName (text) 2) Table Activities with autonumber primary key ActivityID, ActivityName(text), ProjectID (foreign key) 3) Table HoursWorked with autonumber ID field, ProjectID, ActivityID and Hours (Number) Tables Activities and Projects are linked. One project can have many activities. In table HoursWorked users insert ProjectID, ActivityID and Hours. This third table is linked to a datasheet form. What I would like to do is to select projects and corresponding activities by using cascading combo boxes in th...

Creating PDF from Publisher 2007
I have Publisher 2007, and need to create a PDF file to upload to my company website. The file is approx. 40 pages and I want to have the bookmarks usable in the PDF format. I have the PDf converter download, but no access to Acrobat. Is it possible to have the bookmarks I created in Publisher carried over to the PDF file with the simple plug-in converter provided from Microsoft? You've posted your question in the wrong group. This group is dedicated to Microsoft Access. You should repost in microsoft.public.publisher -- _________ Sean Bailey "Beth" wrote: > I h...

datagrid and combobox
Then how to associate a combobox to a datagrid ... Click on the type combobox and so taken with the data shows that this chosen in the combobox Not sure exactly what you're asking, but if it's what I think you can hook into the change notification on the combo box then send a message to your view to set the "grid" or whatever control you want to match the new selection in the combo box. I don't think you would associate them directly, but you could certainly cause a change in the combo box selection to change data in any other view or dialog in your program. To...

incorrect null value in combobox
Hello I have a combo with 2 columns. Everything is set up corectly (bound column, no of columns etc). Rowsource is a query which has 2 columns as well. All goes fine but from time to time, i don't know for what reason, I get the result me.combo.colum(0) or (1) = Null even though I should have not null values (the bound query returns not null values, I have checked) It is intriguing that this does not happen every time and also if I check the value of my combo with me.combo than it returns the correct result not null. Can I get the value of my second column other than...

Combobox
I have a custom control derived from ComboBox that I need to load itself depending on one of its parameter. What event can I use for that? It doesn't seem to have a "OnLoad" event... "Michel Racicot" <mracicot@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B6C4B10E-FFB9-41E7-AFA9-15101714BE79@microsoft.com... >I have a custom control derived from ComboBox that I need to load itself >depending on one of its parameter. > > What event can I use for that? It doesn't seem to have a "OnLoad" > event... Technicality: There is no...

Outlook 2003 error "The Name Could Not Be Resolved. Bookmark invalid"
Hi there, I recently installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard edition. I have 2 domain controllers. And one of them has installed Exchange Server 2003. After installed Exchange Server 2003, I attempt to access an Outlook client to use an exhange server, I enter ther name of Exchange Server 2003, and a mailbox name. But it is not working. Error is following. "The Name Could Not Be Resolved. Bookmark invalid." I cann't solve this error. can someone please help me. thanks! grund ...

cascade combobox with one combobox in a subform
I have a form with a subform. The formfPerfEmissionGua) has a field called FuelClass. (Gas,Liquid,Duel,Multi) The subform(fPerfEmissionGuaDetails)is based off of a table called tFuel with the fields... FuelID -- GasLiquid -- FuelName 1 -- Gas -- Propane 2 -- Gas -- Buthane 3 -- Liquid -- JetA 4 -- Liquid -- Crude The subform is used as a dropdown choice of the above fields. It is a contiguous form. I would like to be able to choose the FuelClass - Gas in the main form, and the sub form drop down only show the fuels for Gas only (Pro...

combobox Question #2
I have a combobox which I am using to show upcoming meetings. What I would like to happen is if someone types in a date for this to show all the items on the page with that date. Is this possible The page is called "meetings" combobox rowsoure is from a2:e56536 Thanks Greg You could do an advanced filter on the data to another range, and link to that range. Recording a macro should get you the code. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:df9mg0$24s$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >...

ComboBox
I am use to add a two dimensional array to a combobox to populate it, like this combobox.list=array(). In Excel I couldn't do that, the combobox only has the ListFillRange property. Is there a way of doing this without using the FillRange prop.? how about: Option Explicit Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim myArray(1 To 3, 1 To 2) 'set your values For i = 1 To 3 For j = 1 To 2 myArray(i, j) = i & "--" & j Next j Next i With Me.ComboBox1 .ColumnCount = 2 .List = myArray End With End Sub JLon...

ComboBox question...
I have a ComboBox used on my spreadsheet that lets the end user select dates from a drop down menu. All the dates are out of site to the end user and listed in 3-Apr-05 format in the cellrange the ComboBox draws from. The problem is that after you make the date selection it changes the format to decimal (ie. 38445). Does anyone know why this is happening or how to make it display in date format? Also, I need to keep it in date format as other cells are using the date in a formula. Thanks, Ian ...

Conditional ComboBox
I have a combo box that allows users to choose a staffID, however if a certain item is selected in a previous combo box then my list of staffID's needs to be limited to a certain few. Currently this is what I have. If 27 < Service.Value < 40 Then Me.STAFFID.DropDown="24","159","176","321","326","337","383","124","390", "409" End If The certain item is the service. So if the service.value is between the range then the staffID's should be limited to only certain ID's otherwise...

Acrobat bookmarks
I would like to tag sections of an access report so that when I convert it to pdf bookmarks will automatically appear. On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:17:00 -0700, marcia <marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It is unlikely the Microsofties working on Acces were THAT friendly to their compadres at Adobe. You may have to use the Acrobat object model to add them. Adobe has an SDK available with the necessary documentation. -Tom. >I would like to tag sections of an access report so that when I convert it to >pdf bookmarks will automatically appear. ...

Populating a combobox
Hi, Can someone post a sample code to populate a combobox. I want to populate a combobox with some strings that I get by querying an API. I do this: m_ComboControl.AddString(".............") in a loop. But when I run the program, the combobox doesnt get populated with the strings...Any idea? Thnx in adavnce! Joy2006 wrote: > Hi, > > Can someone post a sample code to populate a combobox. > > I want to populate a combobox with some strings that I get by querying > an API. > > I do this: > > m_ComboControl.AddString(".............") in ...

modificare valori combobox modulo personalizzato outlook 2007 con dati access.
Salve, ho creato un modulo personalizzato in outlook 2007. Ho la necessit� di inserirvi una combobox che vada a popolarsi con dei dati che ho in una tabella di Access 2007. Non riesco a farcela, qualcuno pu� aiutarmi?... Di seguito metto il mio codice, grazie. TG Option Explicit Public WS As Workspace Public DB As Database Dim z_z(0 To 100) As String Dim sSql As String Dim CurFolder Dim AllItems Dim NumItems Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Dim myItem As Outlook.ContactItem Dim myPages As Outlook.Pages Dim combobox Private Sub Application_ItemLoad(ByVal Item As Object) Set WS...

AddString to Combobox
I've created a combobox with the toolbox manager. After I added a variable for that combobox I am doing something like this: m_ComboPartnerships.InitStorage(2,500); m_ComboPartnerships.AddString("asdf"); m_ComboPartnerships.AddString("xyz"); After this I didnt see any results, so I added: m_ComboPartnerships.SetCurSel(0); what allows me to see only "asdf". I was expecting it would behave like an internet dropdown, but I was wrong. How can I see all the element I've added?? Please help You must be getting the drop down and need to scroll down to s...

ComboBox
Hello, For some strange reason I cannot get the combobox componet to drop down the list when clicked. I've tried changing pretty much all the properties, including the type from DropDown to DropList. The version of Visual C++ I am running is Visual C++ .NET 2003. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://straightway.no-ip.com Select the combo box in the resource editor. Now click on the arrow portion of the combo. This will give you the resizing handlers. Click on the middle handler at the bottom and increase the height o...

Number format for Combobox
Hi, I have a user form that reads a list of numbers and places them into a combobox. Often I have to add a new number to the list and here is the problem. If I type a new number into the list and run the form, the new number is not displayed in the combobox. I have found that if I drag the old number list down and increase the number to the new one I require and then delete any intervening numbers that are not required, the combo box will then read the new additional number. I have tried formatting all numbers to the same format but it makes no difference. It is no hardship for me t...