Combo error

I receive a run-time error 2147352567 (80020009) when I up date the form and
then using the combo155 to go to advance to another record.  The error in SQL
always highlights the LastModified = date in the beforeUpdate. Please show me
the error I have created.
Thank you
 Private Sub Combo155_AfterUpdate()
    ' Find the record that matches the control.
    Dim rs As Object

    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[SSI] = '" & Me![Combo155] & "'"
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
End Sub

Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

If Me.Dirty = True Then
If MsgBox("Do you wish to save the changes?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Save
Record?") = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
Me.Undo
Else
LastModified = date
End If
End If

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I receive a run-time error 2147352567 (80020009) when I up date the form
>and
> then using the combo155 to go to advance to another record.  The error in
> SQL
> always highlights the LastModified = date in the beforeUpdate. Please show
> me
> the error I have created.
> Thank you
> Private Sub Combo155_AfterUpdate()
>    ' Find the record that matches the control.
>    Dim rs As Object
>
>    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>    rs.FindFirst "[SSI] = '" & Me![Combo155] & "'"
>    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>
> If Me.Dirty = True Then
> If MsgBox("Do you wish to save the changes?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Save
> Record?") = vbNo Then
> Cancel = True
> Me.Undo
> Else
> LastModified = date
> End If
> End If

Does this error occur if you modify the record and then go to another
record, without using the combo box?

What is "LastModified"?  Is it a bound control on your form?

In general, before navigating to another record, it's a good idea to
explicitly save the current one, if it has been modified.  Here's a slightly
better procedure for your combo box's AfterUpdate event:

'------ start of modified code ------
 Private Sub Combo155_AfterUpdate()

    ' Find the record that matches the control.

    If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

    With Me.RecordsetClone
        .FindFirst "[SSI] = '" & Me![Combo155] & "'"
        If Not .NoMatch Then
            Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
        End If
    End With

End Sub
'------ end of modified code ------

But I'm not sure exactly what caused your error, so I can't guarantee that
this will solve it.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

Error message
I am running exchange server 2003, SP2. I just installed IMF and it seemed be working the last couple weeks but then I noticed the spam emails have gone back up, so I suspected something is wrong with the filter, but when I went to check the settings: either when I click help or tried clicking the properties of message delivery I get an error msg then it just shuts down...below is the errror msg I get in the event viewer. Can someone please explain what this means? As far as I can remember the last few things I've done with the server, that could have caused it to not work was start...

Error: 80072030, Facility: LDAP Provider, "There is no such object on the server."
Hi, I desperetly seek for help here. I'm running this script from my local machine (2003 server) and try to connect to the exchange on a different server. I have all the CDO obejcts installed: 1 Set iExs = CreateObject("CDOEXM.ExchangeServer") 2 iExs.DataSource.Open "inquire-exch" 4 For Each storegroup In iExs.StorageGroups 5 Next As a result, I'm getting the following error on line number 4: C:\a.vbs(5, 1) (null): There is no such object on the server. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072030 Microsoft CDO for Exchange Management when running the scrip...

SQL-DMO Error
I'm using MS Office 2007 Enterprise on Win XP Pro with all available updates. I can open and work with databases that I've created without any apparent problem, but when I try to download and open one of the templates, I receive the following message: "SQL Distributed Management Objects (SQL-DMO) must be on the machine running Microsoft Office Access." I close that and that's the end of it. I'm guessing a corruption or something with permissions (this is out of my knowledge range), because previously I was able to open and use these templates without any probl...

Canadian Payroll Error
Error: "A get/change operation on table 'P_CPY_T4_Summary_1998on' failed accessing SQL data" Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Rick, 1) Restore your backup to before you started or before the error occured. 2) Re-run the year-end update process then STOP or depending on your backup just STOP. 3) Enter Grat Plains payroll, find the Debug -Work screen then drop and recreate all of the payroll stored procedures. You will likely have to add this window to your shortcuts as it doesn't appear anywhere by default. It seems that all of the stored procs. do not get...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Void Check error
Our cash clerk voided a check that had already cleared. Check was cut in May, cleared in June and she voided it yesterday. Two things: 1. How was she able to void a cleared check? 2. How to correct? Thanks a million and a half! ------=_NextPart_0001_65CD624B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Peter, Thanks for using Newsgroups! Since the check is voided, you can reprint the check with the same check number by going to Cards | Financial | Checkbook and checking the "Duplicate Check" box, which will allow you to use the same check number for the...

overriding error messages
Hello, I need to know how to make my application over-ride the common windows error messages that are displayed when a user does something odd, that windows picks up. Thanks in advance, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://straightway.no-ip.com You need to setup your own exception filters to trap these. Take a look at the SetUnhandledExceptionFilter() and the SEH exception mechanism. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "James Simpson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c3c85b$ea0f3470$a10128...

Error ODBC
Hi, We have the following issue, when we try to connect to DB on server from NAVISION, we recive the following messange: Error ODBC Error:[MIcrososft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Cannot generate SSPI contex ID. estado: HY000 Any suggestion? Thanks First of all Navision post should not be here, anyhow you are connecting using the defeault credential of windows logon better to use the sql server user id and password. Also make sure that you have selected the mix mode as authentication mode in sql server. "Mauricio Ramirez" wrote: > Hi, > > We have the following is...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Report Error
When I run any report I get this error Error: Subreport could not be shown. In the event log I get: Web service request SetParameters to Report Server https://server/reportserver failed with SoapException. Error: The path of the item '/mycompany_MSCRM/4.0/' is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long; other restrictions apply. If the report server is in native mode, the path must start with slash. (rsInvalidItemPath) --------------- Reports were working fine - the paths haven't changed so the above error is most likely not the real problem Thanks i...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Exchange has reported error, nothing in event logs
My exchange monitor has been send this alert out recently. We have recieve the error 3 times and have found nothing in the event logs. Any help is greatly appreciated! "TPEXCH00" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Error" Services - "OK" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" Sounds like a problem with the monitoring being unable to collect the disk space information, which could be a problem with WMI. Have you tried restarting the Exchange Management service? This is what allows Ex...

Messaging error
One of workers gets the following error whenever he tries to delete an email: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook" Also, whenever he tries to send mail the message area at the bottom of the screen says "Send/Recieve Complete" but the messages remain in his Outbox. Any ideas on the problem and/or how to solve it? The OS is Windows 2000. The Outlook version is Outlook 2002 and he has Office XP loaded. ...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

Accessing CRM website error
My CRM server has problem this morning, I cannot access to CRM website. Following is the error msg. I need to fix this ASAP. Please help me. --------------------------------------------------------------- Server Error in '/' Application. ________________________________________ Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Microsoft.Crm.Application.SafeHtm...

Error & Crash in GP 10 (0xe0434f4d)
Only one of our users get this error - 0xe0434f4d, usually after lunch every day. And we normally have 10-15 users logged in who go all day without getting errors. A few of them perform the same functions as the user does. Mostly she is in sales order entry updating orders. Some of the data entry for instance to pull up the items she's working on is done with a bar code scanner (the same as most of the other users). I've captured the SQL statements and nothing spectacular is going on when she crashes & there is no pattern there. I keep sending the dumps to Microsoft but I ...

Error Code0x8004210a
Outlook will send receive email when the computer is first turned on, but after that it will display the error msg.0x8004210a. All updates & patches are installed, Symantec Antivirus outging e-mail is turned off, as is Norton firewall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Garry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook will send receive email when the computer is first > turned on, but after that it will display the error > msg.0x8004210a. All updates & patches are installed, > Symantec Antivirus outging e-mail is turned off, as is > Norton fi...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes
Hi, I have a form with a stock list. One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for single allocations. I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in bulk. I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value of combo1 to the value of combo2. This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop for specified number of records. I can...

Error code
Excel has worked splendidly for me for about 6 months now and suddently I started getting the following error code (in a popup dialog box that allows me only to click 'ok' and help -- not too helpful btw), when the program starts and before it closes: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew Anybody have any suggestions? Regards, S./ Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <ozymandias@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1102370005.126813.102360@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Excel has wor...

CRM invalid user errors
I have a Physical CRM 3.0 machine that i converted to a Virtual Machine. CRM was running fine until the physical machine got turned on by mistake with the network cable plugged in with both machines on the same domain and same machine name. Now i can not access CRM and getting the error: " Invalid User Authorization. The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." When accessing through the web interface. Also when i try to access the workflow manager i recieve the error: "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow configuration file ...

Populate field based on combo box
I know this shouldn't be so hard - but I'm having a brain ... or something! On a form, I would like to select a District Number from a combo box and have the District Name appear in a text field. My form is based on a query. I know somehow I need to add criteria to my query to point to the info in the combo box but I'm not sure exactly where to put this criteria. Should the combo box field for the District Number on the form be based on the Districts table or is this the field that comes from the query? Or is it the District Name field that comes from the query? I have neve...

Protocol Error
Hello ! I receive this error : A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 556 sorry, your reverse is in my badreversefrom (#5.7.1) The message that caused this notification was: To: <terrana@paini.fr> From: <fabio.guidetti@paini.com> Subject: test1 Someone may explain me the meaning of this error ?? Thanks in advance. Bye "Fabio Guidetti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive this error : >A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. > 556 sorry, your reverse is in my badreversefrom (#5....

Error opening publication
I just insatlled MS pub 2003 and am having problems opening projects made in earlier versions. It asks if I wish to go to safe mode to open these.. Is this a new way of desaling with upgrades? What can I do to avoid this? Al Double-click the file rather than opening it from the Publisher program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "alkaye" <alkohout@comcast.net> wrote in message news:21d2a864.0402181501.24e965b6@posting.google.com... > I just insatlled MS pub 2003 and am ...